Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
bloodlotus

Where is this scent?

I just got this frimp in my order from today and I am somewhat baffled. The tag is printed like all the other GCs, but it is just called "Hymn" and smells to my somewhat unschooled nose to be rose and possibly some sort of light or skin musk.

Does anyone know if there's a perfume that I'm missing in the reviews, or have I had a surprise dropped in my lap? It's totally not my style so I'll probably end up swapping it, but I'd like to know what sort of animal it is before I do.

That's a regular GC -- here's the review thread: Hymn. A paean to true holiness, spiritual purity, and sacred enlightenment. Based on an incense blend sacred to the Virgin Mary: perfect rose absolute and Palestinian Lily of the Valley with olibanum, labdanum, frankincense and myrrh.

ETA: Wow! Triple simul-post!

Edited by tacey

I just got this frimp in my order from today and I am somewhat baffled. The tag is printed like all the other GCs, but it is just called "Hymn" and smells to my somewhat unschooled nose to be rose and possibly some sort of light or skin musk.

Does anyone know if there's a perfume that I'm missing in the reviews, or have I had a surprise dropped in my lap? It's totally not my style so I'll probably end up swapping it, but I'd like to know what sort of animal it is before I do.

EDIT Nevermind, I just can't read. It's a Sin and Salvation GC, go figure. Definitely into the swap pile for me. (Rose, bleh.)

It's from Sin and Salvation category here.

"A paean to true holiness, spiritual purity, and sacred enlightenment. Based on an incense blend sacred to the Virgin Mary: perfect rose absolute and Palestinian Lily of the Valley with olibanum, labdanum, frankincense and myrrh."

Reviews are here.

I am desperately trying to locate Wood Phoenix....when I do searches I come up dry....any suggestions?

Here it is. When I can't find something I usually choose one word from the name, search by "title of post" only and then have it search within reviews only. Gives you less the scroll through. :)

I got Snake Charmer a while back in a swap and I'm guessing it must have been limited edition because I cannot find it anywhere on the lab website.

I happen to really enjoy this scent and I am thinking it is very similar to Snake Oil but has a peachy tone to it (in my opinion).

If anyone know what it is, what scents make it up and any other related details I would appreciate it... just out of pure curiosity! I like to know what goes well on me so I can keep track for future testing.

Thanks!!!

It is indeed a llimited edition. I am trying to find the review thread for you but in the meantime:Sensual, sibilant, sexual and hypnotic: Arabian musk and exotic spices slinking through Egyptian amber, enticing vanilla, and a serpentine blend of black plum, labdanum, ambrette, benzoin and black coconut.Snake Charmer Review Thread

It was part of the Carnaval Noir LE series, but it was resurrected last year as part of the lab anniversary resurrection LE's. Here are the reviews.

I'll report this thread to the mods and they can merge it with the *what is this scent* thread or something.

It was part of the Carnaval Noir LE series, but it was resurrected last year as part of the lab anniversary resurrection LE's. Here are the reviews.I'll report this thread to the mods and they can merge it with the *what is this scent* thread or something.
Thanks for the response! Sorry I don't post very often and didn't know where to put this commentary. I will make sure to put it in the right spot next time!
It is indeed a llimited edition. I am trying to find the review thread for you but in the meantime:Sensual, sibilant, sexual and hypnotic: Arabian musk and exotic spices slinking through Egyptian amber, enticing vanilla, and a serpentine blend of black plum, labdanum, ambrette, benzoin and black coconut.Snake Charmer Review Thread
Thanks so much, that is really helpful and I appreciate you taking the time to look it up for me :)

Using the BPAL Review search engine, "Liz" didn't come up.

I think we are back to where the search will not work, unless the word or words have more than 3 letters, i know i can not search Hod because of this problem, this was fixed, but i guess it is not working again.I was trying to search the sales thread looking to see if anyone had a bottle of Hod

for sale, and no go, so i had to go through every sale 1 by 1, i gave up after the fourth page!

Edited by carolsag

Sorry if this is a silly question... are the tarot blends still available or discontinued?

I can find them on the BPAL website via a google search, but I couldn't find them linked in the menu anywhere (so I didn't know if the page was maybe just hanging around in the background when it is not supposed to still be there). Also, when I searched for individual tarot oils by name using the search function, nothing came up.

I'd be really grateful if anyone can clear this up, as there are a couple I'm interested to try.

Thanks!

Sorry if this is a silly question... are the tarot blends still available or discontinued?

I can find them on the BPAL website via a google search, but I couldn't find them linked in the menu anywhere (so I didn't know if the page was maybe just hanging around in the background when it is not supposed to still be there). Also, when I searched for individual tarot oils by name using the search function, nothing came up.

I'd be really grateful if anyone can clear this up, as there are a couple I'm interested to try.

Thanks!

However there is a Vampire Tarot (based on Neil Gaiman's story "15 Cards from a Vampire Tarot) that is coming out one scent at a time, with a matching card. Also the BPTP offers accompanying t-shirts. So far we've had The Fool and The Magician, and those will be available until the whole collection ends. We are waiting for The Priestess now. Here they are: http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/vampiretarot.html

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I recently saw someone asking for a scent called

Dragon Pecker

and I'm curious what notes, etc are in it, but I can't find it in the reviews section and was wondering if anyone could help me out?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I recently saw someone asking for a scent called

Dragon Pecker

and I'm curious what notes, etc are in it, but I can't find it in the reviews section and was wondering if anyone could help me out?

There's actually a thread here: http://www.bpal.org/index.php?showtopic=50003 that's made specifically to find scents!

Dragon Pecker was a proto released during one of the trunk shows last year. You can find it under the event exclusive scents, I believe.

Update: Oh, also, since it was a proto, there aren't any official note listings, but the reviews say there's dragon's blood resin with some woodsy sweetness to it. http://www.bpal.org/index.php?showtopic=62884&hl=Dragon

Edited by bluberyapulsaus

Dragon Pecker

Ignore me as it's been answered....

Edited by claudia6913

Wow, that's another one I'm just hearing about now. I need to stay current on these things, but I admit that I don't pay close attention to stuff that I'm not likely to get a chance to try. Which means I miss these awesome names.

Dragon Pecker

There's actually a thread here: http://www.bpal.org/index.php?showtopic=50003 that's made specifically to find scents!

Dragon Pecker was a proto released during one of the trunk shows last year. You can find it under the event exclusive scents, I believe.

Update: Oh, also, since it was a proto, there aren't any official note listings, but the reviews say there's dragon's blood resin with some woodsy sweetness to it. http://www.bpal.org/index.php?showtopic=62884&hl=Dragon

:rofl:

I have an imp of The Red Queen. Does anyone know where to find it? Thanks.

The Red Queen is a GC from the Mad Tea Party collection. It's about halfway down the page.

Mad Tea Party

Thank you. I looked there and totally missed it before.