Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
bloodlotus

Where is this scent?

A few of us are in the midst of a meet and sniff, and one of the imps is tied with a string and hand labelled "Goowa Goowa." Anyone have a clue what's in it?

It sounds like you have a tarted imp of Goona Goona. Here is the review.

It sounds like you have a tarted imp of Goona Goona. Here is the review.

That sounds likely. Thanks! (and again for the promptness!)

Your meet and sniff may have broken up by now, just thought I would mention for any newer BPALers who are there. If you haven't seen that type of imp before, that's the original way that the imps were labeled... the world-famous tarted imp!

Okay -- maybe I'm dwelling on Oblivion Planet Of Obliviousness but, I don't recall seeing any notice that the Dark Elements were being retired or moved... And yet... from most pages on the site, the link to their page is gone! I also can't seem to locate their reviews on the forum.

I noticed that if you entered a search on the Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab site (not the forums) the link to the Dark Elements comes up again, and you can get to the page of them.

I'm working on composing my next BPAL order, and now I gotta wonder if it's still OK to order these oils... And, well, being a curious one I'm wondering -- in general -- what is up.

I checked for any topics like this one -- and didn't find any -- so my apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere...

I've been searching for a while now, and I can't find a review thread for Wolf Moon 07 :P . If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful.

There wasn't technically an '07 Wolf Moon - it was released in December of 2006 (yes, I know, to coincide with the January 2007 moon - flippin' semantics). You can find the reviews here...

Awhile back (probably a month or so ago), I got a frimp of something called Nanshe. I've looked all over the GC and LE scents and put it in the search, but I didn't really find anything except a thread about CTIII and Calliope. The closest thing I could think of it being is Banshee, which was discontinued in 2004. Anyways, to me, it sort of smells like milky Fruit Loops with a slight soapy note. Help? Thanks!

With my recent order of 5ml Samhain '08, I was given an imp of Saint-German. This isn't showing up when I type it into the BPAL website search engine. Is this a discontinued scent or something? Just curious. Would like to know more about it... I'll do a couple searches on the forum, too.

Update (about 5 mins. later)

Wow... well, I've answered my own question upon the realization that I was spelling it wrong. It's actually "Saint-Germain".*shifty eyes*

Edited by Babel

With my recent order of 5ml Samhain '08, I was given an imp of Saint-German. This isn't showing up when I type it into the BPAL website search engine. Is this a discontinued scent or something? Just curious. Would like to know more about it... I'll do a couple searches on the forum, too.

Update (about 5 mins. later)

Wow... well, I've answered my own question upon the realization that I was spelling it wrong. It's actually "Saint-Germain".*shifty eyes*

The name is actually Saint-Germain -- you're missing an "i" in your searching. It's in Bewitching Brews.

I have a mystery decant. The label says "12-07 pink label" so I thought it was a 13, but there was not a Friday the 13th in Dec 2007 and I got the decant in Nov 07.

What else could it be? It smells kinda fruity.

There was a "Thirteen" Version 3.5: 7/13/07-7/15/07 (Pink Label). Maybe the person who decanted messed up on the month. The notes in the one I mentioned are:

A base of cocoa absolute and white chocolate with thirteen baneful and beneficial bits including vanilla bean, white ginger, orchid, golden peach, massoia bark, clove, honey, and starfruit.

What do you think? Could that be it?

I found it by looking under "search", then typed in "thirteen", filtered by selcting "reviews" and then hit "title only".

I did the same thing for the word "pink" and Thirteen came up both times.

There was a "Thirteen" Version 3.5: 7/13/07-7/15/07 (Pink Label). Maybe the person who decanted messed up on the month. The notes in the one I mentioned are:

A base of cocoa absolute and white chocolate with thirteen baneful and beneficial bits including vanilla bean, white ginger, orchid, golden peach, massoia bark, clove, honey, and starfruit.

What do you think? Could that be it?

I found it by looking under "search", then typed in "thirteen", filtered by selcting "reviews" and then hit "title only".

I did the same thing for the word "pink" and Thirteen came up both times.

Y'know, it does smell like that description, so I think you're right. The chocolate is much less obvious than my more recent 13. I'm assuming all the 13s a bit different from one another?

PS: what is Bat's day?

Edited by Hoyden

I meant, what were the bat day scents released for 2008?

D. Alice

I think the recent update said "Toad Hall will be available at Bat's Day..." which I take to mean the scent Toad Hall, previously unreleased, will be this year's Bat's Day scent. :P

I have a question about the Lilith Victoria and Lady Lilith scents - I found them under reviews - Limited Editions. They're marked as Forum Only 9/14/2008 - what does that mean, do you get information about release of these oils by mail or how does it work?

Maybe it has already been explained but I did not find any information on the Forum Only releases by doing a search :P