Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
iiinterstate

MVJBA: Pancake Breakfast

Buttermilk pancakes with boysenberry syrup and goat butter!

Been wanting to try this, so found a partial bottle to try....

In the bottle: first sniff, I get a hint of lovely maple and butter...but it is in no way overpowering!

Wet: Whoa!! Crazy how that smells JUST like a grain type, fresh pancake. But no maple or butter smell ON me.

Drydown: Still that grainy pancake, but plain...nothing on it. :( Was hoping for a bit more sweeter scent.

About 15 minutes later, the grainy scent fades and there is a tiny hint of maple and butter. It turns out real nice, but hard to wait that long for the foodie-ness of it to emerge. Not a lot of throw, but it is a fun scent!!

In the bottle it smells like buttery pancakes with berry syrup!

On, it smells exactly the sdame. I do not get any maple, which I'm glad about. It's just buttery pancakes (it really does smell like pancakes) with berry syrup. The butter does not overwhlem like it did for me in Cockaigne. A little goes a long way, and it lasts for hours!

It's just perfect, and I'm so glad I was able to get a bottle from a lovely forumite!

In the bottle: light boysenberry scent

On my skin: I get a lot of the boysenberry first but slowly the pancake starts to emerge. It's pretty good. The pancake scent is very light though. I hoped for strong ooey gooey buttery pancakes and this is not that it's just a light bakery type note.

Drydown: on the drydown it all got softer and it's mainly the berry and a light hint of the bakery note (it's not pancake but more like bread)

The throw was ok but it was just the berry floating around. And it was a quick fader, maybe lasted an hour. I do love the label though and just really wanted a strong pancake scent! Too bad this wasn't.

In bottle: Maple Syrup on Pancakes - Smells divine!

On skin: I'm not getting any berries, but the goat butter peeks through on dry down. I swear I smell the cooking stage, like the frying pan and all.

20 minutes later: Maple Sausage. (either that or the label art stuck in my head)

My favorite "breakfast syrup" scent is still Pumpkin Patch V 2009

Edited by Fiam