Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
eyeska

Oil Equivalents of the Bath and Massage Oils?

So I finally got my paws on the Aquae massage oil, and it is looooovely. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for things in the way of perfume oils from BPAL that might compliment it or serve as a substitute when I want to sniff it but don't want a massage? I know that some of our forumites have successfully used the bath and massage oils as moisturizers, but I would like something a little simpler to apply and transport. :P

The scent consists of: Roman chamomile, frankincense, sandalwood, helichrysum, davana, geranium, and lavender.

I will put on my thinking cap for that one, eyeska (I haven't smelled Aquae yet, just Aeris and Terrae). I can say that of the bath oils I've tried, whether GC or LE, I'd gladly welcome any of them if the Lab released them as perfume! Luxuria and Castitas are beautiful, I loved the Yule LEs last year and the Inquisitions were especially yummy.

I would propose that if you liked L'Estate bath oil you should try Tamora &/or Aglaea for to surround yourself in a golden cloud of peachy-amber.

And if Luxuria bath oil makes you swoon, you should slap yourself if you haven't tried Mme. Moriarty yet. :P

I am bumping this thread because I know there were a few Yule bath oils. :P Any suggestions for Winter Maiden equivalents, particularly? I find myself intrigued by the love it seems to generate.

For Winter Maiden, Lines Written Among The Euganean Hills is practically spot-on. And I second that Mme. Moriarty is a gorgeous complement for Luxuria. The one I'm curious if anyone has a hint about is Castitas -- what else (especially, maybe, a GC? ;_; ) has that lovely light rice flower scent?

The one I'm curious if anyone has a hint about is Castitas -- what else (especially, maybe, a GC? ;_; ) has that lovely light rice flower scent?

A lot of people compare it to Chaste Moon. For something a easier to find, you could try Opuhi. Opuhi is vanilla orchid and ginger flower. The ginger is extremely light, and the overall character is light, breathy, vanilla, so it would definitely complement Castitas. Can't think of any GCs off the top of my head, but you could check out the new Lupercalia, Khrysee. Vanilla amber and orange blossom would complement Castitas, I think.

For Frenum, maybe Cancer '07. It's a light, watery, slightly sweet and lettucey scent, some definitely similar. Desdemona might be similar, for a GC option.

Ice Prince, anybody? I think I'm in love.

"Crystalline musk, winter lily, bergamot, plum, and frozen pine boughs."

I've been trying to find oils to pair with this too - Old Moon and Jolasveinar (not sure I've spelt that right) complement the scent well. I also think Lines Written amongst the Euganean hills, though closer to Winter Maiden goes well too.

And you can put me down for another person hoping to find something that goes well with Castitas, the scent is lovely but very faint on me :wub2:

Can anyone think of a perfume oil that is similar to the gorgeous Butterfly Nectar bath oil? I'm having far too many baths in this lovely concoction when really I should have showers and use less water.

Can anyone think of a perfume oil that is similar to the gorgeous Butterfly Nectar bath oil? I'm having far too many baths in this lovely concoction when really I should have showers and use less water.

I too have been searching for a matching perfume to Butterfly Nectar bath oil. I rarely wear floral perfumes, but I adore Butterfly Nectar, and since I have amassed a huge collection of frimps, I decided to try out the imps that have honey and a floral note listed.

Haven't gotten very far yet in my testing and will try to update when I get a chance. Rose usually turns to soap on me, but so far, Jezebel layered nicely with Butterfly Nectar. Jezebel's notes are " gloriously decadent blend of honey, roses, orange blossom and sandalwood." I definitely get the honey and florals, but the sandalwood grounds the rose enough to keep it from going soapy. I applied Butterfly Nectar as an after-shower moisturizer, and Jezebel as my perfume. Not convinced enough to order a bottle of Jezebel, so I'll keep digging through my imps.

I sure hope someone else can chime in with some options, because I just ordered two bottles of Butterfly Nectar! :wub2:

I too have been searching for a matching perfume to Butterfly Nectar bath oil. I rarely wear floral perfumes, but I adore Butterfly Nectar, and since I have amassed a huge collection of frimps, I decided to try out the imps that have honey and a floral note listed.

Bizarrely, just after posting that, I found that Wembley dries down to something very similar on me (after it has gone through its very loud and scary fruit stage)

Bizarrely, just after posting that, I found that Wembley dries down to something very similar on me (after it has gone through its very loud and scary fruit stage)

Based on the notes listed for Wembley, I would never in a million years have predicted that! :lol:

Now- how about a recommendation for something to go with Humanitas bath oil? In the review thread, there is one mention of Hollywood Babylon being in the same family. I've tried a search for similar notes, but so far I'm striking out.

We need more people to read this thread! :D

I fell hopelessly in love with Aunt Rosie's Cephalapod bath oil from Dragon Con, and I was wondering if anyone knew if there are any BPAL Oils that smell like this, or very close that I could layer it with?

If there aren't any, the lab should seriously consider making one! this smells like Heaven!!! It would be one of my holy grail scents! :wub2:

Fell absolutely in love with the DANK TARN OF AUBER BATH OIL:

A gloomy, morose soak. Bog bean, oakmoss, bog myrtle, water hyssop, calla lily, water snowflake, bulrush, and marsh marigold swirling in dark, still water.

Any suggestions?

A couple of the reviews for Pandy (in the Pandora line) compare it to the Butterfly Nectar bath oil, so that might be worth looking into :smile:

EDIT.. oh, I just noticed yours is one of the reviews! Let's just call this a blonde moment for me ;)

Also:

Fell absolutely in love with the DANK TARN OF AUBER BATH OIL:

A gloomy, morose soak. Bog bean, oakmoss, bog myrtle, water hyssop, calla lily, water snowflake, bulrush, and marsh marigold swirling in dark, still water.

Any suggestions?

No suggestions, but that bath oil is DIVINE and I would like to find a perfume-alike as well :)

Edited by sunshinedaisybliss

A couple of the reviews for Pandy (in the Pandora line) compare it to the Butterfly Nectar bath oil, so that might be worth looking into :smile:

EDIT.. oh, I just noticed yours is one of the reviews! Let's just call this a blonde moment for me ;)

:rofl:

Sign in to follow this