Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
agnusdei

Olwen Foot Scrub

You, too, can have flowers blossoming under your feet!

Peppermint, vanilla, sandalwood, honey, and carnation.

Texture wise, Olwen is fabulously rich & creamy with chunks of sea salt. The salt granules are a little bigger than any in scrubs I've previously used, but they definitely aren't too scratchy. The size of the salt was actually quite nice, because I felt like I didn't have to use nearly as much elbow grease as I'm used to in order for the scrub to do its job. After rinsing, it leaves behind skin that is crazy soft & moisturized without becoming too greasy. I have oily skin so the last thing I need is to feel like a slimy greaseball after a scrub down, and Olwen was perfect in that regard. I didn't use any lotion after because I felt like the scrub already added plenty of moisture, but it's also not so soft that it can't still beat down the dead skin on my toes & heels.

When sniffing the scrub in its jar I get predominantly peppermint, a very light & cool scent that is refreshing without being overwhelming. Soon after I can pick out the familiar smell of carnation adding a kick of spice, & the vanilla, sandalwood & honey come together to create a creamy base for the mint that adds wonderful depth. The way the bright fresh scent of the peppermint & the smoothness of the other notes balance each other is completely complimentary. The scent that lingers after scrubbing still has a bit of peppermint, but I find that the other notes really come out more on my skin. I get more carnation & vanilla right after drying off, and then the honey & sandalwood show up before the scent meshes completely with my skin. This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for in a foot scrub; brisk mint to refresh my feetsies & a gorgeous creamy skin scent to be a perfect partner for so many of my favorite BPAL oils.

This was the surprise favorite of the three foot scrubs.

I'm getting HONEY HONEY HONEY vanilla HONEY sandalwood HONEY HONEY. I can't tell there is any peppermint in here. Maybe a little spice from the carnation. This one is pure LOVE for me. :P I am going to hoard it!!!

As others have said, this is MUCH more moisturizing butter than scrub. I've been using it in the shower on my super dry winter skin and while it seems like it might be TOO buttery and oily at first, once you get out and dry off, the butter soaks right in and leaves you soft and smooth all over.

I get this scent of minty honey and after rubbing it in my feet for a few minutes, I get honey and carnations.

Texture wise, it's very moisturizing with about the same scrubbiness as Ro de Sko. I really enjoy the foot scrubs as I use a pumice stone most of the time, and this works for ultra moisture, esp as feet are heavily abused in the winter.

Scent-wise, I'm not a huge honey person so I think Ro de Sko might be the big purchase for me... but I'm glad I got to try Olwen... and I'm totally using up my sample! :D

this is a subtle scented foot scrub;

i get honey and carnations and peppermint

...the texture is slightly hard and thick....

once applied there are little pieces of salt that feel just fabulous when massaging

my tired tootsies...after a good rinse my feet feel absolutely heavenly and are the

perfect softness ever!!

sookster's tootsters are oh so happy and pretty ;)

I love these scrubs. I'm not crazy about Olwen's scent, just because I don't like honey, but the scent isn't overly strong or offensive at all. In the jar, it's mostly honey + mint, and it turns into more of a honey + carnation spice scent as I rub it in and wash it off.

I hate scrubs that are too oily, and these ones are awesome in that they are super moisturizing, but they don't leave a film of oil on my skin. The scrub almost feels like a really thick, scrubby gel to me. It melts into my skin, is perfectly exfoliating, & leaves my skin moisturized. Love.

My feet & hands are so soft & happy whenever I use one of these scrubs. If they weren't so expensive, I'd buy them by the dozens, lol.