Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

For use only by women. An extremely potent passion blend, used to great effect when you're converting feminine sexual energy into power.

In the imp: It smells like I've just walked into Lush--like a melange of different scents, but with an underlying soapy note, like a floral bath bomb.

Wet: Sniffing my wrist is like sniffing a bath bomb.

Dry: Thankfully, that soapy scent is diminishing. There's a muskier undertone, which I like. Still smells a little floral, but it's nicely balanced with something spicy--clove or pepper, maybe? This could be good after all!

Later: ... playdoh. Plasticky, soapy playdoh. D'oh.

It appears that it doesn't want to play nicely with my skin chemistry, so I won't be getting any more of this.

[Edited to add description] Edited by Shollin

Queen was pretty potent at first and exuded power at first (rawr!), but the pepper made me sneeze (twice). It was a sweet floral with a kick, but within a few minutes it dried down to a amber/resinous/powdery scent, like O... but a little spicey.

Queen is dark, heavy, herbal, and earthy. There's something a little bit dusty as well here. I can't really write on the voodooness of it at this time. The boyfriend liked it.

In the vial: This smells disgusting. Like rotten cherries or something.

On me: Well, it's not quite as bad on me as it is in the vial, but still, ugh. Gross.

Verdict: So bad I had to wash my hands afterwards. Definitely not for me.

Rating: 0/5

Queen smells exactly like what I would expect to get if I layered Snake Oil with Van Van. It has a distinctly woody, smooth, and herbal quality about it. When first applied, it's got some kick, but as it dries down, it looses its pizzazz and starts to smell just like any other herbaly voodoo blend. Upon drydown, it also obtains a slightly floral scent, but I can't for the life of me identify which flowers -- perhaps a touch of violet? Unfortunately, this scent really isn't for me.

I cannot decide if I like this blend or not. First off: When I smell Smut or Sed Non Satiata, I never smell peanut butter like some folk do. Just don't. Can't.

I opened up Queen and smelled peanut butter. Peanut butter mixed with Smut and Sed Non Satiata. I put some on anyway.

It's calming down down, and the PB is gone, but there's a definite tang of cunt-musk which I assume must be BPAL honey. This really, really, really reminds me of my fresh imp of Sed Non Satiata (I didn't like how it aged :P ) and of Smut.

The more I wear this, the more I like it. Maybe tomorrow I'll wear it. I'll need everything I've got to get all the stuff I need to get done, done.

n.

This was a frimp with HGM.

In the bottle: I can't make out individual notes but it reminds me strongly of what I hated about #20 Love Oil.

Wet on skin: Wow, this reminds me so much of Jean Nate--a bright citrus. There's a faint herbal back--sage?

Drydown: As it settles, it gets sweeter--like baby powder with spice. I don't feel like a sex bomb wearing this. I feel like my six-year-old self after a bath--putting on Jean Nate splash and powder.

Overall: I'll use the rest of the imp but probably won't buy it again.

Edited by Rock Geisha

In the vial this is a strongly spiced (probably the black pepper people speak of) scent that is backed by something faintly floral so. On my skin it immediately changes to release a the usual Voodoo nut-like smell, and the pepper takes the back seat to the nutty scent, and soon the sweet floral starts to assert itself and the blend becomes a lovely spicy, sugared floral – “sugar and spice and all things nice, that’s what little girls are made of”! After a couple of hours this is like a softer sugary sweet floral with a very subtle whiff of pepper and maybe a very slight touch of the nut-like smell underneath the lovely sweetness.

Procured: Frimp

In Imp: spicey, musky, and green florals

On Skin, Wet: Biting florals hints of neroli, violets, and musk

On Skin, Dry: floral and spice (cardamon)

There's something kind of piney lurking in here, among a bit of spiciness and some light musk. It's a remarkably masculine blend to my nose, but I find that oddly appealing.

This is the strangest scent on me .. I love how it smells out of the bottle and when I put it on right away, it's good. But after it dries it smells like Raid bugspray .. I have no idea WHAT is making that scent but it's very disturbing.

I can smell something that I like underneath that particular note but it's constantly fighting with that heavy chemical scent on top. After an hour or so that lessens and I smell more of the goodness but it's really difficult to work through that bug spray smell.

Overall, this is going to someone else who will hopefully not smell like bug spray.

Got a frimp of this from ebay (thanks lorencita69!), it's a scent I doubt I would ever have chosen for myself based on the reviews here, but as it turns out it's suiting me very nicely.

in the bottle: piney/perfumey (when I call something "perfumey" I mean it has a strong mediciney-floral push)

wet: pepper and spice, was a little much for so early in the am but I stuck with it.

3 hours later: really nice and soft spicey/amber scent on me. It's not too feminine, which suits me, and I don't find it too sexy either so I'm okay having it on at work. I can definitely see myself buying a bottle of this, it's really complex and well-orchestrated.

No chocolate or vanilla anywhere to my nose - I wonder if honey + (clove?) is what's giving that impression?

EDITED to add: when wet, Queen smells just like the inside of a Jamba Juice store. Wheatgrass??

Edited by sofaking6

Peppermint and blades of grass, with some sharp sweet spice in the background. More of a honeyed scent as it fades. This scent is very strong, so much so that my head is beginning to get a bit of an ache. Definitely not my scent, but I'm sure it will make someone else a good imp.

Intensely powdery sweetness at first, like amber-honey crossed with orris, and then a strong pepper note grows until it's kind of choking me. This definitely smells powerful, with a vetiver note that reminds me of TAL: Determination, and it's not something I would ever wear as an everyday perfume (though I liked the sweet powder at first).

I don't know if I'd ever do a ritual with this type of scent, but maybe I'll hang onto it to see, if only because when I took a deep sniff of it in the vetiver stage, I got a SPIKE of energy in my third eye, and it's still pulsing wildly as I type this.... and I was strangely drawn to, um, "self-love" this afternoon. Maybe it's more powerful than I know. :P

Edited by sophia_helix

Feminine, immediately sharply green and lavender with a spiciness overlaying that broadens and eventually richly softens the green/floral. This has a lot of depth.

just plain odd.

Wet - heavy, overpowering powder with black pepper

Dry - this one morphs quite a bit. The initial drydown keeps the heavy powder and the black pepper but adds a bit of green-ness - almost like green peppercorns. Then a bit later I get this strange herbal scent over the top of what feels like a wet brown corregated box.

SO I guess that means that this is one for the swap pile.

At first, this is a syrupy-sweet, soda-pop like scent. Eventually it becomes clearer that the sweetness is a honey note, and it dominates whatever other notes are in here. It's strong and has good throw. There's a hint of spice and something deeper, too. I like it and will keep my imp, and maybe get a bottle when it's gone.

As far as voodoo properties, I'm not quite sure...but I will edit this if anything interesting happens.

Queen-

In Bottle: Honey, herbs, and...urine?

Wet: Soft herbs. Powdery. And...urine or sweat. Something a little noxious.

Dry: I dunno, this honey-and-sour thing isn't quite doing it for me.

So far Voodoo blends just don't do too well for me; only one of them has been a hit with me (out of about 14).

Overall: Not for me.

Wet: Let it be said that in the imp this is not a pretty scent. Steffanina described it as urine and she's not far off. It smells like pee, soap and flowers. Ugh.

On skin, a few minutes: Uh, cocoa butter? Where did YOU come from? Pepper has taken a step back to a creamy deep scent. Chasing soon after it is the green scent I pinned down earlier. Thankfully the pee-pee smell is gone. :P

Dry: This dries down so beautifully on me and it radiates pure power. Cinnamony with an undertone of green and lush honey scent. It goes slightly musky on me after a few hours but it still has a lot of throw so take it easy with this one! It has remarkable staying power: I put it on around noon yesterday and at 7AM it's still on my skin.

Overall, I love this scent but need to put it on right out of the shower lest I smell icky for a few minutes. Scents seem to always go amber, vanilla and musk on me no matter what is in them, and I'm sad the pepper note didn't stick around more on me. I could see this easily entering my weekly rotation of scents.

ETA: The first time I put this on I applied it to my inner wrists. For the review I tried it on my inner elbow, and I got a tingly tickly feeling like I do from clove oil. Looking back on it I think the cocoa note may in fact be cloves.

Edited by UberAlice

It does smell a little funky in the vial, but as soon as it hits my wrists it smells great! The only note I can pick out with reasonable certainty is sweetgrass, which I like very much. There's something spicy and some lightly sweet flower, but it's very well blended and I can tell there are other things in here too. I'd wear this for scent alone. I have nothing to report yet on using it for intent, although I will say it makes me feel good to wear it.

This is a very pervasive musk. Not white musk, but animal musk fixative. I smell nothing else. It drowned out the smells of all my other scents in my closet it's so strong.

Pee-yew!

For me Queen started out hopeful. It's a honey scent! I LOVE honey scents!! Then, she turned nasty on me. An acrid peppery smell crept in, mixing with a dryness that reminds me of burnt rubber. Must wash off!!! Sadly, not for me.

Very interesting - at first sniff it seems more floral than anything, but there are definitely other elements lurking in here, that give it an overtone of darkness and strength. It's a feminine scent, to be sure, but it's a very don't-fuck-with-me kind of feminine scent. It smells like a strong, sexy, dominating woman, which I suppose is quite appropriate for its purpose.

I'd have a hard time guessing what the notes in this are -- some kind of musk, definitely, and I think honey or beeswax, some kind of dark incense resin like myrrh or labdanum, along with rich, heady florals, and some kind of spice - clove? Not sure... I keep getting whiffs of things I think I recognize, but then they disappear before I can pin them down. It has a trace of similarity to scents like The Masque and Gypsy Queen -- probably more the former than the latter. Eventually, after a couple of hours, it's more like a spicy O.

Definitely a complex, interesting scent -- and looking at the reviews, I don't think I've ever seen that smelled so different on different people! I think it was one of Kettu's acquisitions at the meet'n'sniff, but I suspect I will end up borrowing it regularly.

Grade: B+

Honey, cloves, and violets is what I got from this lovely little frimp (Thanks, Labbies!). It goes powder soft on me after a little while but it's very nice--it's got a little bit of spice to it.

It's got a nice throw on it when applied alone and it's got staying power--I dumped most of the imp in the tub before I went out for the evening and still smelled lovely the next morning (it lays close to the skin when mixed in the bath).