Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

For use only by women. An extremely potent passion blend, used to great effect when you're converting feminine sexual energy into power.

In the bottle - Lavender, honey and something else sweet (possibly cloves)
Wet on me - Lemon and slightly peppery lavender
Dry on me - Geraniums, clean and crisp, but definitely geraniums, how very odd. Edited by Shollin

In the bottle: Tang (not the beverage, but the adjective).

Applied: This reminds me of when my nephew started eating things other than breast milk and baby cereal. When he would try new foods that had sour or bitter qualities in them, he made a pucker face and we would say “Oooh! Dat’s tangy!” After a while, he made the face whenever we said the phrase, even when he wasn’t eating anything.

Anyway, that’s how I feel about this oil: Ooooh! It’s TANGY!

There is a lot of bitter stuff going on in this one. I can’t really describe it, but so it is. Kind of green, but in a medicinal way.

On a scale of 1 to 5: 2.

In the imp, the word that comes to mind is astringent. I'm ambivalent about this one already.

On, it become grassy, but with a floral added to the mix. It's smoother now, but still has that "voodoo edge" to it.

Within five minutes it's almost completely gone on me. There's a very faint lingering scent which took me a while to place. But then I realized it smells exactly like Comet cleanser on me. I'm sure that's not what Beth means by converting female energy into power. :P

This one will be looking for a new home.

a bit peppery and spicy at first......interesting.....hmmmm.....combines with

a tad of something quite powdery....lovely.......i need to try this out on the boy

this weekend and see what pans out.....i do have some great "preconceived

notions" with this blend.......

thank you Beth~~~ thank you Labbies~~~ you "know" why .... xo

When I applied Queen, its fresh application smells... :::snff::: dirty.

This is a very earthy fragrance, but I'm not so sure I'm too hot on it. There's something powdery in the background, but it doesn't smell like lily, or even rose, unless the other notes are just really skewing my perception. There's a sort of mature fruit smell to this, too, but again, I can't quite place it.

It's giving me a headache, I think, right at the sides of my head.

I'm getting the sourness that others are getting, although this isn't as bad as the sour milk/butter smell from Milk Moon. I really can't say much about this fragrance except it smells kind of dirty and primordeal. Musky? Definitely. In fact, I think the musk is the prominent note on my skin. There is a kind of soft pepper going on, but it's mostly musk.

It's all right, I guess, but I really don't care for this much. The imp shall find another home.

-doreen

In the imp, this is strong, peppery, yet sweet. I really don't like the smell of this one, but I put a little on anyway. Wow, this is one strong scent. I have no clue what's in this, but to me it smells like pure pepper, and it seems to only get stronger once it's on my skin. Definitely swapping this one.

In the bottle: The scent I have come to think of as the "Voodoo Blend Smell". Kinda sweet but not cloying. Babypowderish. Something a little spicy underneath.

First on: Oh God what is that? Burning plastic? That is seriously icky, folks

Dry: Alright, maybe I jumped the gun. Full strength this is pretty nasty on, but as it dries it's kind of interesting... peppery and spicy. But then when it's totally dry it goes back to "Voodoo Blend Smell"

Overall: For the swap pile. I just don't have much luck with the Voodoo Blends.

Queen is a most unusual mix of pepper, honey, and lavender on my skin. Or at least, that's what I feel like I can smell. There's also a tiny bit of mint or something approximating it.

I have worn this one to work a few times when I need to feel more powerful and assertive. On weekends, it layers nicely with O and I've used that combination when I wanted to radiate female power but with a bit of distance. There is definitely something sexual but untouchable about it.

at first: a dark, almost chocolate-y sweetness with a lot of flowers. lovely and powerful.

on: floral and grassy, with some dark herbs underneath.

half an hour later: sweeter. bitter chocolate, or something like it. sweet flowers. very nice.

2.5 hours later: soft and floral, with a sour, but not unpleasant, note in the background. i definitely feel like it's a more commanding scent than when i first put it on.

5 hours later: very warm. floral and chocolatey. very nice. confident. still commanding.

overall: i was wary of this at first, but it ends up being lovely on me. i'll definitely be using this when i need to be powerful.

this is one paculiar scent.

After reading the reviews so far, you have me wondering if I'm nuts!

I totally got bitter pineapple.

maybe the sweetness is from ylang ylang and maybe the bitter is from the pepper or smoke that others have mentioned, but I get no vanilla or chocolate or cake notes that were mentioned. just pineapple. very odd.

I'll have to wear it more to see if i get this powerful-sexual-woman feeling, but I think my nose is in a WTF moment about it right now. I'm keeping it for curiousity's sake.

I received this as a generous frimp, and the timing could NOT have been better! I tried it on today, since I felt the need for some extra 'power' in dealing with a work situation.

Initial application: For a few moments it's very herbal, almost medicinal, with a sharp metallic edge that reminds me of Djinn.

Drydown: I obviously have no idea what's in here, but I suspect vetiver - which, on me, is a good thing; that dark grassy edge to it always makes me feel strong. And yet, there's also a rich, almost-sweet depth to this as well, something cocoa-ish. To use other scents as a reference point, this makes me think of a sort of Freak Show/Djinn hybrid. (Clearly, this really does different things on different people, scent-wise!)

Effects: So far, this has proven incredibly effective; I feel more grounded, confident and powerful than I have in weeks - as well as magnetic in a kind of 'hands-off' way. EXACTLY what I needed right now.

Thank you, Beth - I might never have tried this on my own!

On me this smells like the honey note found in O along with a mixture of vetiver and some herbal and grassy notes that I recognize from the other voodoo oils. It smells good, but does it work? I decided to finally try it because I was out of town at a small conference with a bunch of people whom I hope will one day give me a job so I wanted to be confident while I was speaking and meeting new people. I guess I won't know until I get the job (or don't!) but I did feel more confident than my normal, shy self.

Edited by Shollin

While I can't say I love the way Queen smells, it is very interesting and very changeable on my skin. It's a grounded, earthy scent. I do, however, love the feeling of (dare I say?) control I feel when I wear this. Maybe it's in my mind, but I feel enabled when I wear Queen. What a cool effect!

Whoa, peppery and metallic. On dry down it gets a little sweeter and more floral, but definitely has bite to it. This is kind of a complex oil and very strong. I don't think I want to smell like this but I might use it in ritual. The metallic note hasn't gone away yet but I've not had it on long. I am not smelling any vanilla at all like some have noted on their skin, and usually my skin amps up vanilla.

May be a good ritual oil.

In Bottle: Dirt and gum

On Skin: There is a dirty note… not really soil, more dusty than that. Also a sweet note, very powdery but pretty... hmm… I smell a little honey too I think. Also a minty note, something herbal and a bit medicinal. I would love it if it weren’t for that minty note, it kind of gets in the way. There is also a dark note, maybe a light musk? So complex and interesting, I need to try this one out for it’s purpose for sure.

Well, I can't identify any notes, but its sweet and spicy on my skin, and makes me feel very feminine. Not girly, but definitely a powerful woman.

As far as effectiveness...it makes Dread's knees weak, but no play for me last night. However, I wore it with more of a power intent - I was looking for the confidence and bearing of a queen, which, while sexy, I was trying to turn towards impressing the dean of the school I'm applying to.

Apparently, it worked. I was admitted to the MA program, and she was very excited about my portfolio and comic, as well as asking me to take her section of a class next semester. So score one for coming across well and not like a scared kid, which is always what I feel like in interviews.

Queen smells spicy and sweet with the emphasis on the spicy. It also has some earthy notes, almost like fresh-tilled dirt. On the drydown, develops some metallic "taste" to it, but the sweetness lingers in the background. Later on, turns to a spicey powdery scent. Very interesting, but I don't think I'll be wearing it.

Frimp from HoneyHoneyNY. The forums aren't working for me at the moment, so I'm doing this "blind". (Now that they're back up, I have to say, I love how we all get completely different things from this.) Should be interesting.... I seem to remember people got vague impressions of rose, honey, and pepper, but that's about it. I'm testing this oil for its scent properties only, today, as I don't have anyone I particularly want to intimidate with feminine sexual power at the moment. Mwuahahahah.

In the Imp: *uncaps* *inhales* *swears involuntarily* *jams cap back on* Well. Ohhhhkaaaay. That was... interesting. I definitely got the pepper, and the honey, and a bunch of other stuff, but the overall scent is... overwhelmingly unpleasant, to my nose. It's wild with a ton of conflicting ingredients, and for a simple girl like myself, the overall impression is nauseating. I don't even want to test this... but it's BPAL, so I have to. *manful*

Wet: Weirdly powdery, polluted honey, stinging black pepper, maybe some kind of floral, something green, and that cooking-spice smell that seems to be in all the Voodoo blends. It smells like baby wipes, in some weird way, and artificial honey. It's not quite as eye-watering as it was in the Imp, but it's not my idea of a good time, either. It's still a little stomach-churning, too... I might not make it to the drydown.

Dry: I can see where the impressions of femininity come from. This does smell just a teeny bit like (.... er, this may be slight TMI)... well..... girl-parts. It's got the same kind of piquant sweetness-- but whereas I actually like natural woman-smell, I don't like this. At all. It's cloyingly sweet and overly pungent. I get dirty, thin, watery honey, baby-powdery floral, and nose-tickling black pepper, on a base of something that could be vetiver. Urk.

Verdict: Get it off get it off get it off! The end result was a headache, an upset tummy, an unhappy nose, half a bar of soap sacrificed to a noble cause, and a vaguely disappointed me. The Queen will have to find a home with someone more open-minded (nostriled?) than me.

*sniffs wrists* Oh my GAAAHD it's still there. Soap! *Soooaaaap!* :P

[eta] I think I might have been conflicting with the intent of this oil rather than the smell itself. I tried it again, out of morbid curiousity, and it was an equally unpleasant experience this time... I felt almost angry at it, like it was another woman encroaching on my territory or something. I'm already fiercely protective and quite bossy, and I think Queen and I are just too similar to get along.

Edited by WidgetAlley

Queen was so surprising. It was a generic sweet floral in the bottle to my nose, but good enough to make me want it on my skin. Once on, it morphed into a beautiful lightly musky floral. Once dry, some sort of yummy honey note popped out. It's a very "womanly" blend. I've already ordered a big bottle.

in a sense, this is comparable to O – honey, powdery, resinous. but there’s also a spicy peppery note and something that makes me think of a summer garden – ripe and green, like being among the tomato vines or something. the combination makes me feel energized, but also sexy and decadent. the perfect attitude for seduction! :P i see a bottle of this in my future.

Pepper and honey, with a suggestion of the spice rack in the Armenian food market. After a few minutes, a dried-grass sweetness comes out. I like it.

This is one of my top ten staples that I wear frequently.

However...

When I first got this, it reminded me of Lysol and it took some getting used to. Why? Because it delivers the goods and is my equivalent of cast-iron lingerie and helps me out when I need it.

After getting my mind in the right place about this blend, it now seems bright and energizing and simultaneously clean eucalyptis and dirty gamey. I now enjoy wearing it and am always aware of it since Queen has really powerful throw.

It is really unique as a perfume and am glad that she likes me.

Interesting how differently it smells on different people--reflective of its empowering nature?

For me, it's kinda like O with some flowery and slightly spicy undertones. Since I love O, I like this very much...

Very sharp and green. Not a gentle herbal - rather a menacing jungle vine that has been hacked through. I notice bits of amber.

It's much gentler when dry, but doesn't really speak to me.

In the imp: green herbal and somewhat peppery

Wet on the skin: very similar to imp

Dry down: Whoa, chocolateymint and peppery, with a hint of amber!

Am loving this one, definetly get the empowered aspect, strength of a woman. Powerful yet yeilding when appropriate!