Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

For use only by women. An extremely potent passion blend, used to great effect when you're converting feminine sexual energy into power.

Wand: Honeysuckle, ylang ylang, anise, pine and cypress? I get flowers and evergreens, anyway. There's also something kind of astringent and unpleasant.

Wet: Goes peppery on my skin at first, but not as sharp as the black pepper in White Rabbit. After a bit, anise comes out in droves. Whoa. I feel bowled over by licorice. I also get a tiny bit of super-sweet vanilla, like an ice cream vanilla. The rest is the same as on the wand.

Dry: This is a strong one. Might have to wash.

I'm not feelin' it. Pass.

Edited by Casablanca

This right here is the stuff. I tried this before, slathered in it for a few days, tested something else, and then forgot about the imp. I cracked it open this morning and as soon as it hit my nostrils, happy grins ensued.

In the imp, it smells similar to Voodoo, not the same, but it definitely shares notes.

Wet: I'm surprised no one mentioned citrus. Because it smells like lime cola when it's wet. I can't get enough of that smell. The throw is strong!

Dry: Seriously, it smells like a lighter version of Voodoo. Imagine Voodoo without the patch. It's got that same haunting golden, sweet brightness, but instead of it playing hide and seek underneath heavier notes, it's on display all of the time. I'm so glad I found my imp of this, but I'm a little sad that there isn't very much left in it. This goes on the full bottle list.

Is my smeller broken? Or have I sucked up so much argon gas and metal dust that I've warped my snooter power?

I'm not getting evergreen or eucalyptus at all! This smells buttery, warm, musky. Like a toned down version of Eos. Like seriously buttery golden. My sweetheart's gonna try to spread me on toast. (rreeeooww!)

Hence, WIN.

Wet: Warm amber, something lemony, eucalyptus. Not horrible. Not good either.

Dry: Smells like tree. OK, but not for me. And the honey/amber in it makes it too sweet for my guy friend who likes to smell like tree, so I think this is a pass.

Yikes. There's gotta be amber in this because it's amping beyond all desire or reason. I think there's also ylang ylang, but unlike the nice ylang that I've sniffed in some BPALs (Hetairae) this one is going indolic, heady, and slightly sickening. Oddly I might like this if it would just calm down--it's honeyed, creamy, and floral in a way I very much like, with just a bit of powder that's not as overpowering as with most ambers on me. However, it's just too strong. Scrubbing.

It doesn't feel especially sexy to me, but I am surprised by how much I like it. I'm not typically into herbal scents, but this one has a soothing quality to it.

Honeyed cocoa vetiver.

Queen is an odd scent. It starts as a confusing cacophony of notes that don't seem to blend well. It's dirty, astringent, woody, sour, complex. Chocolate-minty-forest honey? Gah -- what is it?
Honey can be trouble and go musty on my skin. Except for the honey, Queen isn't bad. As it dries, vetiver intensifies and tones down the honey. The notes smooth together in the end.
Still, it's weird, like listening to a song that's off-key and I can't quite catch the tune. Unsure if this scent wants to be sweet or bold, silly or serious. It's an odd (but not unpleasant) combination. I might reach for it again, more out of curiosity of its effects than for the actual scent.
For chocolaty mint, Wulric the Wolfman is really good. For vetiver, I prefer French Love or The Old Goblin.
Edited by sasqa9

Hmmm. This is a bit of a puzzler for me. Queen isn't bad, but there's something holding me back from saying that I enjoy it. The wet stage is a hodgepodge of musk, honey, and herbal notes. It's hard to pick out anything specific except for the honey, which is the only thing I can put a pin in. After it dries it just really smells like honey. It's strong, but it turns to a very simple scent. I have other honeys that I enjoy, so I'll pass on this.

In the imp: A heady floral with a spicy kick that isn't cinnamon.

Wet: That's exactly what it is. I think the spice may be a pepper note. It's pretty strong and warms my skin. Then, an evergreen note wanders into the scent – I think it's a fir note.

Dry: Super strong black pepper reigns, and it stays that way for a while. I know this is a Voodoo blend, but the prominence of the pepper makes me think that it could just as well be called Duchess and find a home in the Mad Tea Party line (but the pepper would probably need different backing notes). After a while, the floral aspect asserts itself, so that it ends up smelling like a peppery floral. Others have mentioned ylang ylang as a possible note, and I could see that being the case.

After a while, a sweet aspect to the scent emerges. I think it's a honey note. So now the scent is a honeyed, peppery floral.

Verdict: Queen is not for me, but I'm glad I got a chance to try it.

I'm going to say black pepper, honey, maybe rose, and some kind of resin. It's mostly the pepper and honey and somehow it ends up smelling a bit like fried rice, or hot lawnmower :think:

Wow, this seems to be all over the place for everyone. I'm getting the sweet, slightly sickening ylang ylang, baby powder, amber? It's nice, but it's not my style.

Got this with an order of nail polish I ordered as a gift for someone.  I'll be interested to see how this works on my skin.

In bottle: a bit sweet for my tastes.

On skin: musky and green.  Not sure what it is!

After a few hours: it turned caramel-y, then a bit watery.  A hint of something that reminds of our local ren faire.  Maybe pine-y?  

I'll keep the imp but am not gonna try to get more.

Queen reminds me of Dragon's Milk but I like it less.  It opens with something sharp and unpleasant.  I had thought maybe it was labdanum or Bad Honey at first, but the consensus seems to be that it's vetiver.

I think this has honey and amber in it and I could swear that I detect heliotrope lingering at the end.

I'd rather just have Dragon's Milk, but this will do while the Ars Draconis collection is MIA.

I've been puzzling over this frimp for a while. I think ylangylang, musk, and maybe a bit of patchouli or anise? There's something making a combination of sweet-sharp-dusty that I've smelled before somewhere but I can't figure it out for the life of me. I don't think I'll be wearing it. I will, however, probably open up the imp and try to work out what the heck is going on at least once a month. 

I definitely get the sage & black pepper - it's reminiscent of my grandmother's longterm storage pantry in the attic, with all sorts of spices of varying ages mixed up in the air with no rhyme or reason. It also becomes increasingly dusty, but a good clean summer camp in the desert mountains dust; it actually feels like it's drying out my nose, but I have good associations with that feeling. This sweetens on me, as most scents do, so I get a sage-and-black-pepper ice cream... with an olive oil ice cream base? It's sweet and smooth without being milky. 

This is a go-to scent for me. It feels empowering in an ancestral way. I could wear Queen every day with no regrets.

Queen reminds me a little of Against Idleness and Mischief -- honey and herbs, a little sharp at first but they settle down quickly.  There is also definitely something floral as well, maybe a pale musk.  There may be pepper but that's often a note I can't smell or that doesn't emerge on me.  This is nice enough, but it's not a goddess or major power scent for me.  I'll keep one imp around and give away the other. 

is my nose broken? floral? honey? greens? 

on me Queen is downright dark and filthy, i'm thinking vetiver, sandalwood (like in Lush's Smuggler's Soul), and an obscure dark sweetness that miiight just be honey. But it's a thickly viscous, dark honey that warns rather than attracts. 

This is going to be a really strong and independent, assertive queen who knows exactly what she wants and how to get it. Don't mess with this scent

This is exactly the type of honey I dread, the type that amps up and up and UP and completely covers up what else might have been in the scent, and turns headache-inducingly, teeth-rottingly sweet. I wish I could smell what other people get out of this, but I'm going to have to let this one go.

Mmmm, this is BPAL's chewy honey note with some light florals. It reminds me of the honey in O. 

In the imp and when it's wet, I get a strange antiseptic scent. Dry, the antiseptic fades out fast. Goes to sweet vanilla, mint and cream, and something heady and rich and empowering. Within half an hour it's allll gone -- my skin eats it.

Love it. I added some of it to my Hair Loosened & Soiled in Mid Orgy hair gloss, and wow, that's good stuff.