Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

For use only by women. An extremely potent passion blend, used to great effect when you're converting feminine sexual energy into power.

Vaguest of the vague descriptions to go on, so I guess we're all just going to have to guess what's in this one. Though I have an urge to riff on the Addams Family: is it made of real women? :lol: My original notes only said "too effing strong!!!", so I figured I'd give it another shot.

In the bottle: assail thine nostrils with a pine forest punch to those delicate membranes! I almost smell fresh baked bread and black pepper in the background, but that'd be a weird combination right? or maybe almonds? gah, I'm so terrible at naming what I'm smelling, unless I know what I should expect! anyway, I think this one smells quite masculine. it's certainly very strong and not at all like florals. also very spicy.

On my skin: it turns a little mellower on my skin (a first), more like a blend of pepper and a touch of cinnamon. I actually almost like it. almost, if it weren't for the PINE. not that I dislike pine; I just don't like it in my perfumes. it's definitely a spicy warm scent. it continues to warm up as you wear it, hinting at bread and almonds again for me.

Last thoughts: as others have said, a little goes a LONG way. do NOT slather this one on unless you wish to engage in biological warfare. I don't hate it, but I would never wear it.

In the vial: Hm. If I had to guess, I'd say vetiver, honey and... something else. The result smells a bit like chocolate and cola syrup.

On: The sharp green-black vetiver note calms down once on, and now it smells like seriously herby and slightly florally honey. I don't know, it still doesn't smell particularly appealing to me.

Later: Something about this rubs me the wrong way. I don't know why, but something in me really balks at smelling like this. Passing it on.

Edited by Diva Urd

I was expecting black pepper, honey or cream, from Queen. I was expecting something complex and alluring. When I opened the bottle, there was something tangy and floral, with a bit of a perfume edge to it. It's so very familiar, and I couldn't quite place my finger on it.

In the dry down, I sniffed my wrist and the bitterness on my tongue was immediately recognizable: strong black tea. Queen smells like a much bolder version of White Rabbit, with the crisp linen and black tea notes, on me. There is a softness to it, blending much more smoothly than WR does, and a definite kick. I don't think this one will wear off nearly as fast as WR.

The black tea note doesn't really agree with my pallet, so I won't be seeking out a bottle of Queen, but I will definitely keep this imp instead of White Rabbit.

Upon application something bitter, sharp, and sludgy hits my nose. I'm immediately reminded of my echinacea throat spray for when I have a sore throat. >_< Not the kind of thoughts I want evoked for something called Queen. Pass.

Many other reviewers have said "musky floral" regarding this, but to my nose (perhaps because I tried Strangler Fig for the first time recently?) it smells very strongly of fig. Or plum. Something purple and juicy. It doesn't have nearly the creaminess others describe, which I get in the drydown of SF. Delicious, and rather powerful, but it's a very simple, one-note scent for me. I kind of want to pair it with Shub, since I got some VM Gingerbread House on my fingers while wearing this on my wrist, and the juicy smell with the spices is amazing.

It's been a long time since I was so fascinated by an oil I wore it several days in a row!

Queen reminds me quite a lot of "O". Very honeyed and musky. I put it on just before I began a practice session and a few minutes later I kept getting this waft of *OMFG that smells goooood!* off of my wrist. Subtle in that it isn't a screaming floral but very tenacious and erotic smelling. I could still smell it the next morning and I hadn't put that much on. The best part in that unlike "O", Queen doesn't have the Play Doh note that makes "O" and other scents really un-wearable to me.

If I finish my imp I'm going to get a bottle. This stuff is really nice.

I may be too immature to wear this... it's a lovely, lovely scent, but so strong an commanding I keep coming back to sniff and then turning away very quickly.

Definitely pepper in this -- quite obvious in the bottle and on first application. It's so warm and musky, though, the pepper verges on reminding me more of cinnamon without the vanilla-and-cream associations. There's some sort of very mature, sexy floral in here as well. It's strong, it's dominant, and it will take you down before you can take it (innuendo intended).

On the drydown, the pepper really blooms. It stays very interesting, but I don't think it's for me. I'd recommend it for someone else.

I cannot speak more highly of Queen. This perfume is beyond comparison.

And I am speaking of its magical properties.

I repeat. Amazing.

It's a clear oil, and I was blasted with wood and herbs in the imp. That's promising.

On wet, it's a very dry blend on my skin. There's still a heavy herbal, teaky edge to it. I do feel regal wearing it, but this is not a 'traditional' feminine, princessy blend. This is going to sound weird but it reminds me of Queen Elizabeth or Mary, Queen of Scots- a take no shit queen.

Dry, I have to wonder if there is a white floral or white amber in this because it starts to go powdery. I think that this is a power blend on my chemistry rather than a perfume blend because I'm not sure how I feel about the actual scent, but it sort of makes me want to...strut. Not like I feel sexy but I feel...powerful.

On the skin: Is that vetiver? :ack: It smells like a light floral vetiver scent.

This does not agree with me at all. :sick:

When I was reading the first page of reviews, I was wondering if this was the same Queen I am testing now. But then I came across one review saying woodsy and musky. That is what it is on me: it's a strong, warm woodsy and musky scent.

I am surprised that a scent can have so many different descriptions. I have a scents that to half of the reviewers smells like one description and to the other half like another one. But here there are dozens of different scent descriptions.

I wasn't sure at first if I liked Queen, but the longer I am wearing it, the more I like it.

ETA: I wonder if the way the scent is perceived changes with the hormonal cycle. I think I'll experiment with that.

Edited by Zorra

Once again, I wonder if I got the same mix as the rest of the folks that reviewed Queen. This turns into a chocolate lavender scent on my skin, with a touch of smoke. It starts out strong and dries down to a smooth scent that reminds me of Wulric (from the Carnival Diabolique line). It is Wulric at a bonfire. I almost didn't buy this one but rawr! I will need a bottle of this one.

I also layered it with Dragon's Milk today on accident- it only got delicious :yum:

No. Just no.

This started off smelling like dirt on me. It began to morph to something like dirty baby powder and then settled into straight powder. This was just not good on me at all.

ETA: Trying to place the notes but I just can't. Maybe vetiver and amber being the highlights on me to account for the woodsy dirt and baby powder? I don't know...

Edited by FriedaLove

This is my JAM. Got an imp with my very first BPAL order ever, and it was so, erm, effective that I bought a bottle immediately so I'd never have to be without it. It's honestly that good on me. The first sniff freaked me out -- it smelled all sticky sweet foody/spicy, which is not my style at all. But on my skin, holy cow. It turns into some kind of amazing woodsy musk with a bit of floral in the background -- nothing foody or spicy about it at all. Other reviewers have mentioned that it seems pretty gender-neutral for a "women only" scent, and I agree -- I tend to prefer masculine scents and this definitely strikes me as one that would smell amazing on a guy. It's so well-blended that it's tough to pick out individual notes -- one guy asked if it was lilac, and a girl asked me if it was sandalwood. Both notes could definitely be components, but what makes it special is the musk that, if it works on you like it does on me, will meld with your skin and make people go "I MUST HAVE YOU NOW" rather than "oh, you smell nice, what's that scent?" I'd also guess this has some neroli and/or vetiver in it, just because those notes both work well on me.

Admittedly, my skin chemistry is a bit weird -- the perennial favorites like Snake Oil and Dorian smell totally naff on me. But if you tend to like woodsy blends and you're looking for a good "take me now" scent, give Queen a shot.

Edited by quickdrawkiddo

If this has vetiver like others have referenced, then it is the first scent with vetiver that my skin can handle without turning into a stinky, terrible mess. To me, this reminds me of being out in the woods after a fresh rain -- there is a 'cleanness' about it that makes it refreshing. It also has a nice sweetness that rounds out the green aspect nicely.

Overall, a pretty scent. I won't be looking for a bottle, but I will definitely keep the imp.

Imp: old musty like a grandmothers’ faded bedroom

Wet on Me: strong, medicinal faint touches of powder

Drying Down: sharp, almost a cherry scent

Dry: cherry powder. Not for me 

This is a very complex scent. I am wearing this one for the first time today and not sure what to think of it really.

In the bottle; sharp, woody, a bit chemical even. It reminded me of cough syrup but somewhat more floral. My first impression was; "Oh. That is not so good".

On my skin, directly after applying; Hmmm... What to think of that? A bit flat. I cannot tell those individual notes, I cannot say this, I cannot say that....Still not impressed really.

After 10 minutes; Ahh... it is starting to develop and I can smell different notes of sweet, powdry yet sensual scents here. Vanilla, baby powder, a bit of amber or even musk.

After two hours I am finally pleased with what I am smelling here - this is just amazing! What a sensual, warm scent this is! I like the way it develops on my skin and what is does to me. It is sweet yet not innocent.

I love it!

Received this one as a frimp in my latest order!

Wet/Imp: Smells actually quite bitter on me, not unlike the way that Hershey's special dark chocolate tastes, or powerful espresso mixed with black pepper

Drying: Seems to stay very bitter on me, each time I sniff it it hits some weird part of my nose that almost burns, similar to what happens when I sniff pepper; think I'll have to wipe this one off. The scent may work for some people but on me I just can't handle it :/ this is one for the swap pile for sure, unfortunately.

the first time I tried this it smelled like cooking spices and then baby powder. then last night I decided to give it another shot- and it smelled almost entirely like chocolate. not really sure what happened there, or how i feel about it. can't speak to its magical qualities because I wasn't in a position where turning female sexual energy into power would happen.

This was a frimp from the Lab.

In the imp: A whiff of chocolate over the herbal base of Horn of Plenty (without the cherry) and some of the other Conjure Bag scents.

The chocolate disappears when I apply this, and I get a very green herbal: Fresh-cut herbs.

As this dries down, I get some of the powder scent that other reviews have mentioned.

Finally, after a few hours, the chocolate reappears, though it’s dry, so it seems more accurate to call it cocoa rather than chocolate.

Whatever effects Queen is supposed to have were almost certainly negated by the fact that I tested it on a day I spent at home with a cold: Not much scope for power or passion! It’s worth a test on another day, though.

Queen imp

Wet/Bottle - WOWZA that is powerful. Pine? Eucalyptus? Peppery, very herbal and something floral.

Wet/Skin (5 minutes) - No longer smells of pine, but rather white musk. Still very peppery and heavily herbal.

Dry/Skin (30 minutes) - Powdery, powerful and commanding. White musk, pepper, heavily herbal and lightly floral.

I can't pick out any specific other notes, but wow the name is accurate. I would love a bottle of this for when I dress up/go out and need to feel powerful.

This was a frimp from the lab.

In the vial, this is a very juicy, herbal scent with the sweetness of the honey of O, an evergreen freshness and something sharp and reminiscent of anise. I wasn't entirely sure what to make of it or if it would behave on my skin.

Wet, the honey note blossoms into a very sensual skin scent and reminds me even more of O. There's also something a little powdery at this point, like amber, and the herbal note goes more toward a green floral, like violet or even violet leaf. The evergreen keeps it grounded. I can see why several have said this is a mature, powerful scent. There is nothing at all girlish about Queen.

On the dry down even more of the violet comes out for me, like Saturnalia without the vetiver. It's slightly waxy, but not in an unpleasant or fake way.

This scent lasts for several hours with medium throw. The boy thought it was sexy without finding it overpowering or too in his face. It doesn't morph much once it has dried down. It stays honey/amber sweet and somewhat herbal/evergreen. As much as I like it, I already have enough bottles with similar notes that smell even better on me and don't go as powdery. I'll keep and use the imp but likely not purchase more.

This was a Frimp from a swap. I was looking for frimps for a swap, reading descriptions, reading this thread, and decided to open this. Oh thank the sweet baby Jesus I did. Or maybe not because I LOVE THIS.

The descriptions of Baby Powder? Yes, I get that. I LOVE that. I adore it. It might be what makes me want to lay down and have sex with this smell (not all of the oil, mind you, just this smell).

There's more depth, though, and it's not just baby powder. This just became a new HG. As in, why is there a waiting list, and here's how much I love my swap partner - I decanted half the imp for her to try and saved the rest for me. Anyone who has any left they don't want? I'll happily rescue it. Dear JibbersCrabst, yes.

I'm testing an imp from a forum purchase; part of my quest to try all the Conjure Bag oils. Queen lives up to its description. Sexual power, indeed. It's pretty much aroused woman accord. I wonder if this is what puts the Queen in Peacock Queen?

In the imp, I smell herbal honey.

On me, musk combines with the honey and herbs. I get a subtle hint of licorice or anise, way way in back. It's kind of quiet and close to the skin on me. ETA after around 2 hours, I now smell cumin. ETA (again) At 5 hours, the cumin takes over on me.

I really like Q during the first 3 hours. I'm glad I tried it, and I'll probably use the imp occasionally.

Edited by Teamama

Lab frimp. Weirdly, I'm getting pine NUTS and eucalyptus. And then something like honeyed anise. As it dries down, the weird, almost visceral nuttiness goes away and the scent gets cooler and more honeyed, almost creamy. I think I'll come back to this. It smells beautiful, but I never quite get away from that eucalyptus sharpness.