Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
foxroses

Lady Lilith

Lady Lilith, Dante Gabriel Rossetti.
Climbing rose, vanilla cream, vanilla flower, white tea, mandarin, red and white musks, opium poppy, Parma violet, and opoponax.

Let me preface this by saying that I normally don't do florals. I've been trying to branch out, though, and try more things. The first time I tried this, I wasn't feeling it. It was too floral for me. It's funny how much one's tastes can change in a few weeks, haha. I've been craving interesting florals lately, and I think Lady Lilith definitely falls into that category. It's a very pretty, soft scent, with a mix of opium poppy, violet, red musk, and rose coming out first. Usually opium poppy doesn't work on me, but I think it's working here. I get a little mandarin and white tea in the background, but they're just barely there. Not getting much vanilla overall, which makes me a little sad. It's a powdery scent, but powdery in a good way. It reminds me of sun-warmed flowers. Odd as it seems, I am getting the comparisons to Mme Moriarty. It's like that scent, but with the patchouli replaced by flowers.

Edited to add scent description. Edited by plainjean

Lady Lilith

On: Roses, and opium poppy, and musk. Nice.

1 hour in: Just powdery.

1.5 hours in: I added some more because this was fading so fast. I'm definitely getting the mandarin now, which is nice.

3.5 hours in: A powdery floral with a hint of sweetness.

6 hours in: Sweet and powdery.

Overall: This is pretty, but just not very interesting on me.

Sniffed: A full, rich floral with a bit of a herbal feel (which may or may not be imagined).

On skin: Lady Lilith is a complex, rich floral with hints of spice and fruit. (No more herbal.) I think the musks and florals are contributing to make a sweet, full-bodied blend; even the mandarin and vanilla don't stand out but add to it. It's beautiful, gentle and sweet all around, perhaps a bit hazy from musk. Colour impression is red with a definite pink tint. Very womanly and feminine, but not girly. It reminds me of a beautiful, chaste and noble lady, a lady for a chivalrous knight. Yup, just like the Salon image...

Verdict: I would love Lady Lilith... if she wasn't so similar to The Ecstasy of St Theresa (despite the very different notes). And the Ecstasy has a woody depth, clarity and mystic feel that I simply like more. Alas that I have to say no to Lady Lilith because I already have a first love in this rich/red-floral category... truly, it's no fault of hers.

On me this smells like Mme. Moriarty with tea and some sweet light fruits. It's basically a cuter, brighter version.

Very pretty.

Sniff: Light rose, soft and floral, very pretty!

Wet: A complex and rich floral blend, elegant and delicate. There's definitely rose in here, warm and gentle, with a creamy base and the barest hint of sweet fruit. This is soft and dreamy, like waking up in a spring garden.

Dry: Still floral, but now there's a hint of smoke and resin. Mainly, she stays light and soft, a very classic and feminine scent.

I just pulled this out of my sales box, well, wow, my skin chemistry must have changed, this is lovely on me.

I'm struggling with individual notes, it's creamy, violet, musk, vanilla, rose, but not a pink rose, or a red rose, or even an amping rose, this rose is held firmly in check by the other notes, mandarin is just there, but I destroy citrus, so the fact this is still detectable 4 hours in is amazing. It's reminding me of Under the harvest moon for some reason. I think I will be wearing this a lot.

Lady Lilith, Dante Gabriel Rossetti.

Climbing rose, vanilla cream, vanilla flower, white tea, mandarin, red and white musks, opium poppy, Parma violet, and opoponax.

In the bottle this had a spicy floral scent. However when I put it on my skin all im initially getting in the wet stage is the opoponax, and perhaps a bit of the musk. The florals and vanilla are completely absent. It's a lovely spicy musky scent but I I am really hoping the florals pop up soon.

Eventually well into dry down I began to pick up the faint thread of rose and occasionally a tinge of vanilla, but this scent remains primarily a musk and myrrh fragrance for me. I don't know if it is because of how it has aged (I bought this on the forum) or if it is just my body chemistry. I'm really rather disappointed after reading that everyone else got such lovely floral in mandarin notes.

I will set this back and try it again in a couple of weeks I am currently on antibiotics and I know in the past that has sometimes made my body chemistry wonky, although I have not noticed it messing up my other regular fragrances.

Mmmm, I love this. It starts out creamy floral (much heavier on what I think is the vanilla flower, than on rose) with a little mandarin, and I'm beginning to think I LURVE mandarin with florals, because OMG. It's the kind of scent that's a floral, not a gourmand, but you still kind of want to eat it anyway. Later the red musk comes out. So far, red musk is behaving on me, adding sex appeal to the blend without amping up too much. This feels similar to Hell's Belle, and I suppose Lilith was the very first belle of Hell! :laugh: I love this; it's just my kind of lush decadence.

Imp: Floraly musk

Skin: Blech florals.

I thought this one wouldn't be so floral. Rose tends to not feel "floral" to me, but this one is. I think it's something in white musks. Plus vanilla flower. Never came across that before so heck if I know lol.

Overall this is a white scent, rosey with green accents. Musky without getting too deep and dark. Hints of a maybe vanilla in there. Predominantly a clean maybe "soapy" rose for me.

ETA : Red musk is there for the long-game. Comes out much later, but not changing the baseline of the scent too much.

Edited by Aveya

Lady Lilith is really floral on me, with a background of creamy vanilla musk. Not red musk, which tends to amp all over the place on me. No, the red musk is missing in action, as is the opoponax. Sadly, the violet comes creeping out, and it's all over for me. Oh, well.

Pretty citrusy, the mandarin almost overtakes the other notes when it's wet. But as it dries, the tea and soft florals come out and push the mandarin in the background. Rose is the most dominant on my skin, but I can still pick out some faint vanilla as well. It's very pretty, however I am disappointed by the throw. A little does not go a long way with this one, I had to dip into it twice just to get it to stay longer on my skin.

Mmmm fruity and herbal and vanilla ! This scent is super well blended, I really can’t pick out a lot of individual notes in this. I’m honestly getting mostly like an herbal Dorian. Of course it’s not as good as Dorian it’s not lavender and vanilla but it is definitely like a sweet herb and it’s well blended. When I first tried this one I was kind of so-so about it, but right now, I’m really digging it. There’s a juicy juicy fruit note that is absolutely fantástic. Keeper!!