Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
foxroses

Lady Lilith

ladylilith.gif

Lady Lilith, Dante Gabriel Rossetti.

Climbing rose, vanilla cream, vanilla flower, white tea, mandarin, red and white musks, opium poppy, Parma violet, and opoponax.

In the Bottle:

This is SO nice. Floral, but I typically don't do floral, yet this is delicious. I'm not sure what I'm getting other than lots of white tea but it's very, very nice.

Wet:

Ooh, soo nice. Lots of tea, and definitely some opium poppy and mandarin. The musk is tying it all together, it's very nicely blended, I don't smell one thing over another very much. I think the rose or violet is coming out, something more floral, but again, it's not doing that sour thing that some florals (jasmine, gardenia, carnation) do on me. This is sweet, soft, very clean and fresh. It actually reminds me a lot of Kumiho with the white tea, but more floral and sweet.

Dry:

It's a little sharper as it dries - the opoponax maybe? It doesn't smell like opoponax in any of the other blends I've tried but it's something a little sharper, less floral. I think I get a lot of rose, too, but its white and clean; lots of tea, definitely some mandarin.

This is truly delicious, I should have gotten two bottles :P Yum!!

Wet, it's mainly tea. As it dries down, it's red musk and tea. I dunno where the vanilla is, but it smells nice regardless :P

This is wonderful and an unforgettable experience through mandarin, tea and vanilla! The florals really stay in the background and give depht to a gorgeous fruity tea blend. It`s golden and sunny like a girl full on energy!

As all Salon blends, this is quite complex and wonderfully blended.

I have concluded, though, that I amp red musk as this is the dominant note to my nose. Not like Scherezade's, but a fuitier red musk, it must be the mandarin that gives it that feel. I can also recognise the violet, from a perfume I wore years ago, but it is very subdued and a background player.

I can't distinguish the tea note or the vanilla, but I bet it's what rounds up the blend and smooths it down.

No rose that I can detect of, so rose-haters fear not.

A wonderful blend, I'll be keeping my bottle, but I'm more in love with Lilith Victoria.

ETA: I just wanted to add, that in the few days that I've had it, contrary to what I thought, I keep reaching for the bottle, particularly when around the house. Might we have a slow-burning flame here?

Edited by ifinena

In the bottle: I really pick up the mandarin and the tea, and a slightly decaying smell of violets.

Wet: Tea, mandarin...wow, it's fading as I sniff...

Dry: Hm, this is just not me. I'm not getting any rose or cream or musk, just a very light white tea and mandarin with some violet. It's pretty, but I think I'm putting it up for trade because I don't love it, and I'm focusing on what I love.

This turns very citrusy on me at first. I think I detect a little rose.. Yup, the mandarin fades pretty quickly, leaving way for some tea and vanilla. Even though the mandarin has faded it still manages to lurk around in the background. I think I would describe it as a fresh but musky, tea and vanilla blend.

It smells fairly strong to me, but I have no clue yet how long it lasts. And I'm on the fence about keeping the bottle. Of the three I think I favor Lilith Victoria.

in the bottle: vanilla flower and the musks in Smut. :D

wet on skin: wow. this is just superb. i'm getting hints of violet-which i LOVE-plus something almost lemony, and then hints of the musks coming in and out. :P

dry down: while i maintain that the musks are straight out of Smut, make no mistake- this is it's own scent for sure. that lemon aspect continues to go in and out, dancing with the violet and the vanilla flower, they weave an intricate dance. and i adore it. :D

in all: complex, beautiful and instantly lovable-just as it's namesake must surely be!

:D

This actually smells cool to me. I think its the vanilla creme and vanilla flower. The tea and the musks (red and white :D ) blend gorgeously. This is delicious. 2 bottles....maybe? Keeping this bottle....Definitely!!! :( :P :D :D :D

I took a chance on this one. There are so many notes that the rose might possibly work.

In the bottle, it is such a nice scent that even if my skin plays havoc with it, I might keep it for use in a locket. On me, most of the scent seems the same, I can smell the mandarin and the resin. As it dries the rose imediately climbs to the top, but, doesn't scream or throw a fit.

A creamy floral, with musk, opium poppy and resin as a base. Moderate throw.

In the bottle: mmmmmmandarin! Delicious! I can tell there's florals in here too but my nose is like yay citrus!

On me, wet: for one strange but not unpleasant moment, I smell like an orange creamsicle! (Well, technically a mandarin creamsicle, I guess.) Then the violets, poppies, and tea come parading in. At this point it's a pretty big scent.

On me, dry: now those big notes calm down a bit, and I can smell the musks a bit. They're not super strong... they're just a sort of foundation for the rest of this to sit on top of. I can still smell everything above, especially the tea... but the mandarin is losing this battle and I fear we have very little time left together.

Throw: this is one that would turn into a WHOA, STEP BACK, LADY! kinda scent on me if I did anything more than dab it... sorta the opposite of Gladdener in that respect. It also presents a neat contrast to Gladdener in that Gladdener is really a scent that's evocative of a baby, and Lady Lilith evokes images of the young lady that baby might become. Very very cool. Anyway, I digress...

Overall: if you've ever read any of my reviews before, you've probably heard me say that vanilla is the anti-me. Yet, over time, I've come to accept a few of the lab's vanilla notes into my life. When I tested Lady Lilith at Will Call, I didn't get any vanilla at all, and was like, hurrah! But testing it in my much less chaotic and scent-filled home, I realize that the vanilla IS present here to some degree. For me, I think it's mainly the vanilla cream which causes the brief period of creamsicleness. It's not at all gross or perfumey the way that most vanilla is on me.

On the other hand, I still wouldn't classify this as a vanilla scent. For me it's mostly tea, violets, and citrus on top of musk, with just a hint of vanilla in there. Just what I wanted, but if you're in the market for something specifically vanilla-y, you may not like this one as much. :P

Anyway, I love this. It's a really beautiful, elegant, near regal scent. Definitely a keeper.

The mandarin is the strongest note in this for me and the florals are so mixed as to smell generic. Can't detect the violet at all. Just lovely though.

Mandarin marshmallow (vanilla cream?) tea when first applied.

The rose comes out after the drydown, but faint, like dried tea-rose petals in a dish across the room.

Soft and pleasant scent.

It's softer than I thought a scent with red musk in it would be, and it's not very sweet. That said though, the red musk is in there and it is a sweet scent in a way. But it's sweet in a baby sort of way. It's like smelling the top of a baby head, that kind of soft.

I can also detect a citrus-y thing back there, but because it's mandarin the citrus also has a softer quality.

All in all this is a lovely blend. It fits the celebration of a new baby perfectly without losing the feeling of the grown up lady Lilith herself.

LADY LILITH

In Bottle: Tea and florals

On Skin: This is gorgeous, purely feminine. It starts out very heavy on the white tea and mandarin but they fade gradually to the background but still remain noticable. As the scent develops the vanilla cream comes out and gives a rich sweet base to the scent. The florals are the dominant feel, but not one in particular, they blend and make a beautfiul bouquet. The musks are divinely soft, with the red being more dominant... and mixed with the opoponax create a lovely depth I love being lost in. Over all this scent is one I would wear alot and I love the feel of it. My only complaint and that is fades super quick and has too light of a throw for me. Guess I'll have to slather and layer. Light throw and short wearlength.

bottle: creamy vanilla oranges. this reminds me of those little ice cream cups from my childhood.

wet: this is delightful floral tea and oranges. not rose (read: soapy) at all on me. sweet and playful.

dry: the rose stayed put! it did not ruin this lovely scent! huzzah! this dries to light, sweet lovely creamy oranges on my skin with a lightly floral backgroung. this smells like relaxing in the springtime under soft sunlight. very beautiful.

wet: at first it is fruity. This must be the mandarin. I can smell the vanilla flower and the violet and the vanilla cream which forms a base for the scent.

As it dries: The musks come out, and the opium poppy, and there is a sense of the florals and musks trading off and dancing together, taking turns. It doesn't have a huge throw but I could smell it wafting around me a bit. The vanila/cream/vanilla flower background is sweetish but not candy-like. The rose is a very subtle note in the background. I can only smell it when I make an effort to pick it out.

Drydown: After a couple of hours it faded to vanilla musk and opium poppy. It turned a bit thin and sour on me. I suspect that opium poppy is a bad note for me. I may also be one of those unfortunate people who can't wear cream notes.

Too bad because for the right person this could be such a perfect fragrance. It has a real playfulness to it and is feminine but not conventional or old-ladyish.

Lovely blend. More complex and grown up than Lillith Victoria, although LV is fabulous on its own.

This is a complex floral. I was really worried about the rose, since I dont get along with it, but I was worrying over nothing. This blend is not overpowered by it. I cant distinguish any particular note, but they all work beautifully together :P

This blend is lovely. I was a touch disappointed at first because I got no hint of rose or violet (both floral loves of mine) but the mixture of tea, mandarin and musk is beautiful on its own merits. I'm a little sad I only got one bottle, because this is rather light and I have to slather it, but I'm not sure how well the citrus in this would age, so one bottle is probably enough.

As others have mentioned, mandarin tea really is the focus of this blend. It's definitely more complex than just that, though, with the musks, rose, and other notes also playing a role. This is lush and beautiful, and definitely a more "grown up" scent than Lilith Victoria (which is also heavenly)!

I really, really like this. It's a more adult floral! As I smell this, I get images of women in Victorian gowns having tea on a beautiful, sun-lit English lawn. It's beautiful!

Edited by BookGirl

Pretty! In a nutshell, this is flowery orange tea. I can smell a little bit of vanilla and musk, too, but the focus is on the tea. The one disappointing thing about this is how light it is -- I was expecting a big WHOOSH! of scent from the notes, but this is a dainty scent. This definitely has the same vibe as the other salon scents I've tried -- it's got that high-end department store fragrance feel, which I like. I feel kind of guilty wearing this while I'm in jeans -- I feel like this demands a sun dress and open-toed shoes, for some reason. Anyway, if you like floral scents, tea blends, or other scents in The Salon, I think you would like this.

This is really gorgeous. The vanilla is very dominant for me, which is good as that's a note I really like.

It doesn't seem to last very long at all; hopefully once aged this will change.

:P

Musky white tea laced with soft, powdery violet and a touch of mandarin. I'm a little sad that the opium poppy note isn't stronger because it's one of my favourite notes. But Lady Lilith is gorgeous nonetheless, and I am considering breaking my no-hoarding rule to find another bottle.

On me, Lady Lilith is tea, cream, and vanilla flower with maybe a hint of red musk. I like it, and I think it'll age beautifully.

This is really, really nice! First on, it's strong. Maybe a bit stronger than what I'd like. But it quickly mellows to something creamy, floraly, vanilla-y. It is really soft, but definetly there - unlike some where soft just means it fades quickly. I love this and am SO glad I bought a bottle! Yay!

On me, Lady Lilith?

Dead ringer for Mme Moriarty. No, I don't understand it either. I'm planning to put one on one arm and one on the other tomorrow to see how close they actually are, but wow. I had to double-check the bottle to make sure I put on the right one. This is crazy.

ETA: I wore Lady Lilith on one arm and Mme on the other day to make sure I was not insane.

Nope. Not insane. Lady Lilith is a dead ringer for Mme on me, the only differences are a lack of staying power (whereas mme stays all day) and Lilith doesn't have that pungent undertone that Mme has, which I assume is the patchouli playing around. This is just -- nuts!! I love it, obviously, but it seems redundant in the face of my Mme backup :P

Edited by Katherynne