Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
foxroses

Lilith Victoria

Snake Oil blended with Dorian, plus soft vanilla flower, lily of the valley, lavender, and fennel.

Sweet sweet sweet. I don't know what it is about Snake oil, but it's just too heavy and sweet for me - such a shame as so many like it a lot.

On: This is amazing. I've always adored Dorian and like Snake Oil a lot, and the addition of vanilla flower, lily of the valley, and lavender is amazing. I can't really catch the fennel right now, but...yeah. This is great.
Overall: Definitely a keeper. I kept getting whiffs of Dorian, but with extra vanilla and herbs, plus a bit of the darkness of Snake Oil. Love it.

Just beautiful. A little bit of Snake Oil softened up with the Dorian and lavender. Sweet and soft, but still has a little kick. Perfect for an everyday scent. I seem to amp the lavender note out of all of them in this scent. A floral lavender though, not a medicinal one.

Wow, never reviewed this...

Initially on me this is strongly fennel and lavender, with a background of spiced patchouli and vanilla, it's my bedtime scent as it makes me calm and sleepy, and when I wake in the morning, it's still there, sweet tea and vanilla, a hint of patchouli, but just a whisp. I can see it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea but I like keeping this one to myself anyway :joy:

I absolutely love this scent, it's like a spring evening, cool-ish but not cold, calm, a beautiful sky.

Fennel is a totally underused ingredient in my opinion and the combination with lavender is exquisite.

I completely agree this is like a spring evening!

Soft, kind of sweet, and just beautiful! Not too warm or cool, not too sweet.... and it actually kind of smells like childhood to me!

If I seriously mix it with Dove's Heart, it smells just like I smelled as a little girl. Weird.

Absolutely lovely.

I'm not a Snake Oil or Dorian fanatic, but this is love in a bottle.

I love this; it's a soft, comforting fragrance, especially in the drydown. Beautifully blended. I'm a big fan of all the components, so there you go. B)

Oh my goodness, I love this to bits. I wish I had more than an imps worth so I could bathe in it. I get Snake Oil, Dorian and a really soothing dose of lavender. Gorgeous!!

So much to love here--herby lavender, Snake Oil, Dorian, and all together it blends these strong scents into something comforting and appropriate to celebrate a baby. I realize that what I love about it is that when it first goes on my skin it's a dead ringer for that staple of my young womanhood, Love's Baby Soft. But then the richness and sexiness of Snake Oil comes out, and the overall scent is pure joyous motherhood to me -- the sweetness of cuddling your baby, the milkiness and softness of nursing, and the soft sexiness of being someone who has brought forth life. It all ends up musky and vanilla and softly herby. Love it, hopefully I can locate more of it.

Normally, I'm not really a lavender fan. It's usually too medicinal for me, but this is one of the first lavender blends that has won my heart. In the bottle, it's like a very strong lavender with Dorian in the background. Wet, I can detect the slightest hint of Snake Oil, and after about ten minutes, the Snake Oil becomes even more prominent. It's a beautiful, innocent blend. Not my favourite lavender blend, but still glad I was able to track this down.

How have I never reviewed this?!?! I LOOOOVE this so much. I love Snake Oil. I almost love Dorian, but it's a hint too sweet and the fougere note is usually too much for me. Smoosh them together, add a few friends and HEAVEEEEN! It's like Snake Oil, but sweeter and creamier. The other notes aren't prominent/ I can't really pick them out, but they add smoothness and depth/ it doesn't go floral or lavender crazy on me. Lovelovelovelovelove.

I'm in love!!! :wub:

I swore I got grapefruit from this at first, but perhaps it was just the lemony hint from Dorian.

The herbal twang of the fennel and lavender mixed with the luscious SO and sexy Dorian creates a alluring and faux innocent sexiness. The type where you are trying to be innocent but you really aren't, and everyone knows it, and that's just part of the charm.

Heaven!

Top 10-- I need to hunt down more of this or this partial bottle will disappear D:

I am sad that my Tremulous Song decants are not in my hands right now… but what I do have is a testable amount of Lilith Victoria, so let’s go with that!

Dark and sweet and just a touch herbal. This has great potential. LV smells Dorian-licious and a lot like baked goods sooooo pretty much everything I like.

As soon as it hits my skin, though. Oh, uh. Fennel. Hi. You were the guest I was least interested in at this party…

As it dries, it continues to smell super herbal and clean. All fennel and florals, all the time. Where is my beautiful Snake Oil and Dorian and PASTRIES, dammit? I am displeased. It’s really not a terrible scent, but it smells nowhere near as good as in the bottle. I suppose it’s for the best I only have a couple tests-worth of this, because my skin does not play very well with it. If I ever come across any more, and y’know, actually get a scent locket, I’m totally putting Lilith Victoria in it.

EDIT: have to say, this smelled much better and much more like the bottle when I woke up. Lasted for most of the next day too, I didn't even feel the need to apply more perfume.

Edited by bellumed

Not sure how I managed to not review this in the years that I've had the bottle, but here it is.

Wet on the skin this actually reminded me of TKO, or even a lighter, airier version of Queen. As soon as the lavender settles, though, it becomes its own huffable animal. Every note in the list is seamlessly present, and the end result is a clean that's nearly edible. Pure, unadulterated, squeaky clean nom. If they ever came out with gourmand laundry soap, I'd want it to smell just like this.

Massively, inexplicably addictive. Like that new baby smell.

Wet: snake oil with a bit of sweetener. Dry: snake oil and the sweet tea of Dorian. I love this, but it does dry down to a baby powder finish, even the boyfriend noticed...but I still love it. Throw is great and staying power seems good, I've had it on for 4 hours so far and can still smell it.

Wet: Lavender tempered with silky vanilla. Oh, this has aged well!

Drydown: A slightly muskier cousin of Dorian, light and airily sweet.

Dry: This is much closer to aged Dorian than aged Snake Oil on my skin. It has a slight depth that my Dorian does not have.

Verdict: I like this, but I am not sure if it is different enough from my aged Dorian to hang onto it.

Edited by ralenth

Someone was kind enough to give me a tester of this in a swap.

Wet: I can smell most of the individual parts of this - Snake Oil, Dorian, and Lavender. I don't smell the fennel though, and the lily is actually kind of sharp in this. The lavender a bit bitter.

Dry: Snake Oil with lavender and hints of Dorian (dryer sheets, on me). I actually kind of like it, but not enough to hunt down a bottle. I feel like I would end up wearing this as a bedtime scent.

In the vial this reminds me of my beloved Dorian mixed with Lavender. When I put it on my wrists the patch and snake oil come out to play, and brings to mind my absolute favorite scent from Lush, KARMA! (patchouli, citrus, lavender etc)

I had to track down a bottle of this immediately. Lilith Victoria is beautiful.

After getting way more heavily into BPAL the past few months, I found I really loved a lot of the Lilith scents, as well as Dorian. Snake Oil I wanted to love with a passion, but straight and not aged it went immediately disposable diaper perfume on my skin. So I hunted down a bottle of Lilith Victoria, hoping it would have all the good things I wanted in one scent.

First Sniff Impression: A little medicinal and alcoholic right in the bottle. But it seems like it could dry down really nicely.

Wet in Vial: I'm guessing the medicinal-type smell I'm getting is the Snake Oil. Since this is really aged, I'm wondering how the Snake Oil will work on me. There's also something almost smoky about the scent.

Drying Down on Skin: Well, I can definitely get the Snake Oil right off the bat. My nose is probably still traumatized from when I tried the new imp a couple weeks ago. But so far I don't think it's actually baby diaper-smelling, more than I'm remembering it. I really don't get Dorian at all. Probably some of the flowers are there somehow.

Dry on Skin: This smells just 100% Snake Oil on me. Which is SUPER disappointing. No Dorian whatsoever, at any point. I have to admit the Snake Oil is slightly more tolerable than the first time I tried it, but I'm still just not a fan. WHICH MAKES ME SAD.

Conclusion: I'm going to give this one a couple of weeks to "settle" after traveling across the globe, but if it's still the same then I'm going to swap it for something I like better. SADNESS. But I'm sure I could find it a happy home.

I have been curious about this one for a long time, but I never actively sought it out because I was worried about the fennel note. Then a lovely BPALista frimped me some to try, and now I feel like I need more of this in my life.

Lilith Victoria starts off with a strong, herbal lavender, not the type usually found in Lilith scents, followed by the sugared vanilla tea fougere of the Dorian. And it is wonderful. The fennel that I was worried about isn't really noticeable on me, but I think it may just be adding to the herbal quality of the scent. No licorice or anise type of smell here, though. The soft vanilla flower and Snake Oil kind of add this comforting baby powder-y feel to the scent. These aspects of the scent become more prominent over time, but the Snake Oil never overtakes the Dorian component on me for once (which is rare when I wear variants featuring both of these scents), and the vanilla just becomes stronger and floofier over time.

I love this and will have to hunt down some more. :heart: Thank you to the wonderful BPALista that sent me some to try. :wub2: 

Edited by doomsday_disco

It feels wrong that I’ve never reviewed this once, since it’s probably on my list of top 20 bpals and definitely my favorite lavender from them so far. 

This is calming, herbal, musky lavender Snake Oil perfection. I’ve gone through several bottles. 

You don’t see a lot of fennel in bpal blends and I’m a huge fan so it’s very welcome here. 

If you’re like me and you love Snake Oil, herby lavender, and fennel, track yourself down a bottle of this. You won’t be disappointed. 

This is beautiful, I'm mostly getting a lavender blended Snake Oil with a touch of florals. Dorian barely appeared on me, but that's fine since I prefer Snake Oil anyway. It's definitely not a lavender that I'm used to from BPAL, more on the herbal side instead of sweet. But it works wonderfully with these notes. Throw is really great with this, you barely have to use a lot of oil (another bonus since this can be hard to find).

If you love Snake Oil, you have to try this. Dorian fans might be disappointed since to me it's definitely more Snake Oil. This is a wonderfully cozy, comforting scent and I'm glad I sprang for a bottle of this beauty.