Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
foxroses

Lilith Victoria

Snake Oil blended with Dorian, plus soft vanilla flower, lily of the valley, lavender, and fennel.

My skin chemistry must really bring out the non-vanilla notes of Snake Oil, because I never smell SO's vanilla. I'd hoped that adding Dorian plus the other floral notes would cut the Snake Oil spices and maybe amplify some vanilla/sweetness, but they don't, really. Sometimes I can smell the faintest edge of Dorian or perhaps the florals or fennel, but it's almost me imagining it. I wore both this and my SO Chaos Theory that is almost purely SO, which helped me catch the Dorian glimpses, but man. Snake Oil stomps out the competition. It's interesting to me to read the reviews- the experiences have been so different. Maybe this is one for my hair or locket.

In the bottle I mostly smell the lily of the valley.

When I apply I can get hints of Dorian through the lily. As it dries down it becomes a bit powdery, but then along the way turns into Dorian. That's all I really get after that, a faint version of Dorian - occasionally with a touch of extra vanilla.

I was excited to see the Snake Oil/Dorian combo, but this blend just doesn't work well for me. (It has given me layering ideas, however..)

Bottle: When I first got this it was one of those scents where I knew it was a good idea to purchase multiples but also that I probably wouldn't fully appreciate it for awhile. Turns out I did appreciate it fresh because I just pulled out my first bottle today and was like, "WTF? How did I use 80% of this bottle already?" Anyway. Fresh this was all Dorian with extra lavender and a slight hint of warm vanilla. Now the Snake Oil has sort of come out to play and in the bottle I get a heady whiff of both the Dorian and the Snake Oil with a shot of lily of the valley and some herbal lavender.

Wet: Sugary lavender-Snake Oil. I actually lose a lot of complexity I could smell in the bottle.

Dry: The lavender comes out agai and becomes the top note over a really gorgeous, sugary Dorian-Snake Oil blend. I can smell lily of the valley because I know there's lily of the valley in here but if I didn't I wouldn't be able to tell. This reminds me a LOT of Black Lace but while I find Black Lace a little dry and regal on my skin, this is lush, sweet and very feminine on my chemistry. I can see how this would be totally divine on a man, however.

Throw: Good.

Overall: It's such a cute, wonderful concept and just a wonderful blend overall. The blend was a winner fresh from the lab and much like it's namesake, is aging gloriously into it's own distinct blend.

This is a very pleasant scent. It's kind of like what I'd hoped Dorian -- by itself -- would smell like. On me, Dorian smells too masculine and I don't get any vanilla notes. But combine Snake Oil with Dorian, and what I wind up smelling is a deep, rich, vanillic version of Dorian that's not too masculine. As this dries down the Snake Oil comes out a bit more, but overall, this is not a very Snake Oil-y blend on me. It's fresh and clean, but with depth and character. Good for almost any occasion.

Wet: Helloooooo Snake Oil! *check imp to make sure it wasn't Snake Oil* :lol:

Dry down: Aaah, there's Dorian! and some Snake Oil...plus what smells like freshly cleaned baby! You know, not the 'baby fresh soap smell' but actual clean baby smell...very nice!

This is real baby SO. :lol:

I've tested this when I first got the bottle and it was all harsh lavander and something very sweet and a bit stinky. I knew that SO would apear in time... :)

And today was the second test and it really is a baby scent. :)

SO is now more prominent, all I get is vanila and a bit of spices, and something else for what I belive is Dorian (since I've never tried it, but reviews say sweet tea). Lavander is in the background with scent of the baby powder.

I love SO and lots of snakes, I like this too but I don't know if I love it of will I wear it, I've never liked baby scents that much and this screams nice clean baby. :D

Edited by milica

Lilith Victoria

Fresh out of the bottle, this was a little sharp--I blame the lavender and fennel--but on, it does the slinky Snake Oil thing and smooths right on out. I can smell the Snake Oil, Dorian, and vanilla flower, and way down below is the lavender. I like this a lot, and I'm sorry I didn't get a bottle when I had a chance.

Oooh, it's a vanilla skin scent! I like this. I'm not getting the florals, but I'm quite happy with the sweetness of it all.

Just got this out of the mail box and all i get in the bottle is WHOA LAVENDER! On the skin it softens pretty quickly though and i can definitely smell sweet vanilla (must be from the snake oil, can't say for certain since i've not tried it :-0 ). I think this will definitely work better on me than Dorian. And i also tried it over the Antique Lace on my wrists, which worked out quite nicely!

I was a little scared of this because of the lavender, but its pretty temperate.. I dont know what smells so damned heavenly in this... Ive never tried Dorian... maybe I need to??

this is love... LOVE!

I smell the snake oil which has aged a little bit into gorgeousness and a bit of the lavender..

gorgeous throw... Instant top ten!!

When I got this fresh, I was a bit put off--it smelled exactly how I remembered Skin-So-Soft bath oil. I kept it to see how it aged, and while it has toned down and sweetened a bit, it is still a little SSS. In the bottle it is all lavender, whereas on skin it is a bit sweeter, with a sort of plasticy note. I was hoping aging would strengthen the Snake Oil part of this blend and tone down the overall Skin-So-Softness, but it hasn't changed enough to really work. I may have to finally give up on this and send it to the swaps.

I love this one so much. It's gorgeous and innocently beautiful, a lavender Dorian with Snake Oil that doesn't turn plastic on my skin. So goddamn lovely. sigh. /inhales wrist

I adore Snake Oil so was eager to get my hands on this. I've never tried Dorian but have hear good things about this. I finally got my hands on a partial bottle, yay!

In the bottle I can smell the snake oil, then something softer behind like lavendar, ah yes that must be the lavendar duh! It smells lovely, hopefully I day-time snake oil. When on and wet the lavendar is making a statement but the vanilla is sneaking out as well. The snake oil is coming out more as it dries, which is great. But it's still not that really thick scent associated with snake oil.

When dry I can smell the snake oil from a distance but it's lightened by the lavendar, and possibly the lily but I'm not too sure what that smells like. Close up it is slightly floral soap on me, but the snake oil cleverly masks that. Overall I really like this scent, it's perfect to wear during the day when snake oil is just too heavy.

Astringent in the bottle. After being applied, it stays that way for awhile. So much so, that after half an hour, I figured that I would have to get rid of it.

Then she morphed. Oh did she. The Snake Oil comes to the front and tries to dominate the blend but Dorian is right there, grounding it. Together they play well and I can hardly smell the lavendar and fennel. Just this smooth, confident, sweet but clean (yet also a bit dirty--still from the snake oil) vanilla.

Love it. Now I have to go through another test to see if I can stand the astringent smell long enough for it to disappear. :lol:

When I first tried this scent (about a year ago) I thought it smelled like baby powder and wrote it off. A lot has changed since then, mostly my skin chemistry and my nose so a lot of things that smelled like powder now work and the opposite is true as well. So now that I start wearing it this time around, this scent has become pure win! Wet, I get Dorian and strong lavender and its kind of a bit too fresh and clean, and possibly sharp. Dry, however, the aging vanilla comes out and really sweetens and smooths it out to the point where I get almost a creamy sugary note in there that goes with the lavender and tones down its astringent qualities. Once settled, Lilith Victoria becomes an amazing creamy sugared lavender milk with added depth from SO and Dorian. And after a while I get random whiffs of Snake Oil here and there. This has become a huge favorite for bedtime.

edit to fix pre-caffeinated typos

Edited by opticnerd

Lilith Victoria is sexy and comforting at once, if that's even possible. It's not exactly foody, even though the vanilla flower gives very slightly foody undertones, but that only adds to its beauty. Thankfull I'm not getting any fennel here, because I can't stand it in food so I don't exactly think we'd be friends in perfume terms either :eek: Wherever the fennel is, it probably blends in with everything else well enough so that it's not headache-inducing. The lavender isn't the in-your-face lavender of cheap bath salts but really what grounds the comforting part of the blend. Lovely! :wub2:

Vanilla and lavender and chai sweetness. This reminds me in some way of TKO, although it's heavier and spicier and not as 'sweet and innocent'. Nonetheless I really want to slather it all over me. I've never smelled Dorian (le gaspu!), so I don't really have a basis of comparison there, but the Snake Oil only seems to be coming through as a hint of spiciness mixed with vanilla tea. There's a cool, herbal note, but it's very faint. Overall, warm and delicate and pretty. This is definitely a go-to scent, and an unexpected one at that given that there is little love in my heart for florals.

Lilith Victoria is such a beautiful scent :wub2: I really love it. When I try to divide the scent up I can detect snake oil and dorian with an extra shot of musky vanilla and ever so soft touch of some kind of lovely floral... and that's about it. I love lavender and I'm not opposed to fennel, but I don't smell either one of them here. It also reminds me just a little of Giant Vulva but without the higher tangy note.

Right now I just have a decant that was frimped to my by a generous forum friend, but I hope to find a bottle soon.

p/s the boyfriend simply said "powdery"... haha... LV is so NOT powdery. Good thing I don't care too much what he thinks. As long as he's not making the :( face I'm in the clear.

On me, this is mostly lavender and fennel, with a hint of vanilla. It's definitely the same vanilla-lavender as TKO. Dorian and Snake Oil are nowhere to be found, which is just fine by me, since Snake Oil doesn't really like me. Very pretty, but I can get almost the same effect from TKO.

I have more bottles of Lilith Victoria than any other Bpal scent. I love this! It is very similar to TKO, except softer, and you can definitely tell that Dorian is a big player. It is a sugary lavender with some vanilla and a hint of tea. After drying down for a while, the Snake Oil comes out to play and I get a lot more vanilla and less lavender. It has a lot of staying power and throw. This is one of my go-to Bpal scents for pretty much anything.

I have not tried Dorian yet so I can't speak on that front, but I definitely get the spices from Snake Oil in this.

But overall, this smells like baby skin to me. And I'm totally not being swayed by the fact that it's in honor of a baby. Babies smell good. I think this is just innocent and young and not really my style.

The lavendar doesn't come out for me until after the dry down and even then it's not that strong.

Overall, gorgeous scent, but not one I'd wear.

Lilith Victoria is sexy and comforting at once, if that's even possible. <snip> The lavender isn't the in-your-face lavender of cheap bath salts but really what grounds the comforting part of the blend. Lovely! :wub2:

Very well said! Lilith Victoria is such a unique scent. It's very comforting--when I wear it, I feel surrounded by a sense of well-being. Even though it is initially very strong on the lavender, it backs off once on the skin to let the rest of the notes shine. For me Dorian is the stronger component, but the Snake Oil lingers in the background. It's almost as if the main part of the scent is Lilith as a child, but there's also a hint of the woman she will become.

Maybe it's because it's had some time to age, but I honestly am not getting lavender from this one AT ALL. I have two different bottles right now, and they both smell the same: slightly floral, sweet vanilla with a bit of powder.

I don't really know what fennel smells like, but I assumed something like licorice? In any case, I don't get that from this one either. Basically, when I put it on, it start out pretty strong like super sweet vanilla and a little floral and some powder. It goes through a pretty distinct powder phase (but not offensively so!) and end up being a really nice, unique vanilla scent. It seems like the Dorian is there as well, but the SO is hard to reach. I think I can smell something spicy, but it's hard to pick out.

Maybe I'm completely off base with the lavender, but its either so subtle and well-blended that it isn't really prominent or it is simply not there! I am a lavender fan, so I don't know...but either way this is a lovely blend that is certain to be a top favorite. I have already broken my rule against keeping multiple bottles of the same scent, but I think this one is worth it.

in the imp: florals over something woody, very green

wet: the lavender comes to the forefront. i wish that this blend was stronger. floral over slight spiciness.

dry: lavender starting to be dominated by vanilla. there is a slight foody warmth to this with a hint of spice. whatever was registering as green has disappeared.

this is a nice blend. i'm not one to be big on nice blends however. i wish that it had more oomph though i didn't apply much either. however what i did apply has faded into a straightforward vanilla. i think i'll pass this one on to someone who'll appreciate it more.

Source: My own original bottle

In the bottle: Spicy Dorian with vanilla and lavender. Oooh.

Wet: HI SNAKE OIL. Ouch. I am not a fan of original Snake Oil at all, but I have had some luck with it in blends in the past. Not on immediate application with this one. I can sense a little Dorian under there, but the Snake Oil wagon ran him over and then backed up over him, to boot.

Dry: Snake Oil and fennel. What? The herbal undertone kills some of my normal Snake Oil Gag Reflex, but it's still not going to work for me.

I sniff the bottle again. Still mostly Dorian in the bottle. But as soon as it hits my skin it is gone, baby, gone. I think this may be a skin chemistry thing - I need to slather Dorian to get it to stick around, so it's just not working for me.

Tragic.