Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
foxroses

Lilith Victoria

Snake Oil blended with Dorian, plus soft vanilla flower, lily of the valley, lavender, and fennel.

I get a lavender-y Dorian, mostly, which is fine for me since I love Dorian, so this definitely is a hit here. Edited by GalaxyLei

Well, THIS is just GORGEOUS! I can't remember the last thing I was this crazy about. It is PERFECT! A little spicy, a little citrusy, a little soft. I'm ready to sell the rest of my collection and just wear this. It's CRAZY good! I can't stop sniffing myself when I wear this.

A definite 5 out of 5!

Beth, PLEASE re-release it on her birthday! :P

This is so lovely. I've never smelled snake oil or Dorian but i love what i get from this. Warm spices, lavender and a touch of vanilla. Not foody or too sweet. I agree with tat2dluvgirl rerelease on her birthday :P

I just got this scent from a forumite (it was like instant gratification!) so of course I had to try it right away.

In the bottle it's a little... offensive. Weird, and I can't pinpoint what it was. There was enough of a hint of vanilla for me to try it though.

I put it on and it smells like... Skin-So-Soft? This is a short phase though - it quickly turns creamy and warm with vanilla hints and a feminine touch of flowers without getting floral on me. This stage lasts about an hour, then it starts to fade. I think I'm going to try to put some more on and see how I like is as the day progresses. The warm, creamy vanilla/amber/light flower stage is really lovely, and I like it.

I was so excited to finally snag a bottle of this! I got it in the mail after I'd already applied my daily dose of Dorian (which is my dreamy perfect amazing "me" scent) so I only applied a little to one wrist.

Wet on my wrist: Lavender. Very strong lavender.

The drydown: Still very lavender.....not as medicinal as Somnus though (I like the lavender in Somnus too, but it's different here)

After a while: I'm really not smelling anything besides lavender.... :-/ I'd been hoping more Dorian would shine through (having not yet tried Snake Oil, I don't know what it would smell like!). I don't dislike it, but it's not what I was quite expecting either. Now that I read the review above mine, I'm sort of getting a Skin-so-Soft smell beneath the lavender too (it's been a few hours since the initial dabbing.)

Given that I only had a dab, though, I may try a more generous bit tomorrow, and some in the hair, to see how that fairs, since often if it's not *quite* right on my skin, the hair will do the trick!

I'll definitely keep this around for a while to see how it ages, at any rate!

Hmm. :-/

Edited by AnArtfuldodger

Hmmm, this one behaves almost entirely like Dorian --- slightly more vanilla like with touches of lavender. The drydown is entirely Dorian.

Pass. Since I already have Dorian!

Lovely! Sweet, fresh lavendar in the imp. I tried it opposite an arm of Dorian to test Lil' Vic's effects. There's more depth and body to this one versus Dorian who's very pale and reserved on me. Not much Snake Oil on me, but the Dorian + lavendar and spice combo is very nice indeed :D

Lilith Victoria sounded like my dream blend, since I love both Snake Oil and Dorian, but it turned to straight baby powder on me. I was patient and loving with my bottles, giving them time to settle down and age, but upon retesting I still got the dreaded powder scent.

I finally gave in and swapped the bottles away to new homes that will hopefully have better skin chemistry than I did with this blend. I still love the idea behind the scent, though.

Okay, since I love Dorian and am indifferent to Snake Oil, it figures that this ....is all Snake Oil on me. :P

Seriously, lavender baby powder Snake Oil.

It's not *bad*, mind you, and I think I might grow REALLY to like it. But I was hoping for a little more Dorian!

It's got great throw and lasts forever. The waft is really nice and not quite just Snake Oil; when I sniff my wrist, though, it's all Snake Oil again.

In the bottle, this smelled like tea-y, lavender-y Snake Oil (I have not, unfortunately, encountered Dorian yet, but Snake Oil and I are asquainted).

Wet, I get both the fresh play-doh aspect that Snake Oil will often display, and a soapy thing that I think might have come from the lily of the valley. I don't typically wear anything with florals in it, so that's just a guess. I was a bit worried at this point, but let it ride.

Dry, I get middle-aged Snake Oil with the vanilla, tea and the herbal lavender bolstering it in a smokey sort of way. The lily of the valley seemed only to have made its appearance in the wet stage, and the fennel isn't separately apparent to my nose at any point. On me, the scent is long-lasting, and the throw is very personal, as compared to the wide throw that I typically get from "plain" Snake Oil.

This is a lovely blend, and I hope it'll be available every year on Lilith's birthday!

In the bottle – A very soft, dry lavender, with a touch of vanilla and a hint of coconut

Wet on me – Lavender with something almost berryish in the background

Dry on me – See, this makes me want to try Dorian again, because all I got from him was stale tea. From this I have all that rich deep vanilla of the Snake Oil, but instead of the grab you by the throat full on spices, there are soft little citrusy overtones that trip along the periphery but still invite you further in to meet the ever present vanilla. Making this, to me, a more comfortable blend

Overall – I like this a lot, but whilst wearing it I’ve come out in a rash across my neck. I’m feeling a bit ropey as it is, so it may be unrelated, but I’m going to be cautious

Neither Dorian nor Snake Oil are particularly fabulous on me, but the combination of the two plus the addition of lavender was enough to make me try LV...

Surprisingly, this is absolutely lovely on me! There's a fleeting moment here & there of Snake Oil's Play-Doh, and the vanilla that ultimately wrecked Love's Philosophy for me is lurking, but LV is ultimately a beautifully candied citrus & lavender blend... almost TKO+bergamot, but with a waft of deep, dark vanilla incense grounding it. If I really snorfle, I can get a trace of fennel right at the back of my throat.

I don't need more than my decant, but this is a pleasant surprise! Cozy but clean, just right for a cold winter day when I'm dreaming of spring... :)

Before I say anything else, I should mention that this is the one blend I'm now hoarding like a madwoman since I missed it when it was actually available, because...

IT'S FRIGGIN' AMAZING! Srsly. If I didn't know it was comprised of Snake Oil and Dorian, I don't know that it would ever have occurred to me because all the notes just blend together so beautifully.

I definitely get a variant of lavender here, but not the herbaceous beast I've been trying so hard to find a good perfume version of. This lavender is reserved, dry, and beautifully spicy. The florals are in there somewhere, but they tend to fade into the general cloud of amazing. Once this starts to dry down, it develops an almost honey-like sweetness on me.

In conclusion, this is absolutely gorgeous. The end.

Lilith Victoria

In the bottle: a deeper, more lavender-y Dorian.

Wet on skin: lavender, and lots of it! and an undertone of Dorian.

Dry on skin: mmm, this is gorgeous. It’s lavendery Dorian, but with the depth of Snake Oil behind it. I can smell a tiny hint of fennel, but it doesn’t smell very anise-y, it’s more like a herbal boost to the lavender. I don’t smell any muguet. The Dorian aspect is strongest now, it’s all sweet musky vanilla tea with a hint of fougere, and a lot of lavender. I can smell hints of Snake Oil’s deeper vanilla though.

After a while: the scent sweetens as the vanilla notes become more pronounced and the lavender fades. Now I can smell more of the Dorian tea and musk combination, as well as a powdery background (from the white musk, I think). The fennel adds an interesting herbal twist to the scent. I don’t smell much of the Snake Oil but in here it seems to be working in the same way as the Snake Pit, boosting and deepening the other notes, adding sweetness. It reminds me of the way the SO works in Green Tree Viper and Banded Sea Snake, and I can only imagine it getting stronger with age.

Verdict: a beautiful scent for a beautiful baby! This takes the best of Beth and Ted’s scents and adds something extra, the result is more than the sum of it’s parts. It’s got the rich depth and deep vanilla of SO and the classy, suave vanilla tea musk of Dorian, the vanilla aspect boosted by gentle vanilla flower, the lavender-ish nuances of Dorian enhanced by yet more lavender. The Dorian aspect is more obvious first, vanilla tea and musk and herbs, but as it dries I get hints of Snake Oil, and this works in the same way as the Snake Pit, it works magic in the background without showing itself too much. And like with the Snake Pit, this SO background will probably become more obvious, and also improve, with age! I can’t wait to smell this in a few months to see how this baby matures! Something tells me that lil’ Lil, though she’s gorgeous already, will grow even more beautiful as she gets older!

Emoticon rating: :wub:

Is it a keeper? of course!

If you like this, try: Snake Oil and Dorian (of course), Theodosius, Banded Sea Snake, Cottonmouth, Green Tree Viper

After six months, this baby has come into her own. I like both Snake Oil and Dorian, but neither is my holy grail of scents and when my bottle first arrived from the lab, I could smell both of those as well as the lavender. I liked it, but didn't love it and I haven't worn it since the day that I got it, but I wanted to put on a lavender blend when I went to bed last night. Wow, I was so surprised because the whole is now greater than the sum of its parts. This is no longer Snake Oil and Dorian with other notes added. Lilith Victoria has come into her own and developed her own unique personality. To think that I almost had sold this poor neglected bottle.......now, I am thinking about tracking another bottle down. :wub2:

Edited by portalkat

So glad I took a gamble on this one! It's the best of Dorian meets the best of Snake Oil plus LAVENDER! :wub2: I love this. It's comforting, sweet, and (dare I say) a bit slinky, too. So very wearable and delicious! LOVE THIS! :heart:

hmmm so this is actually pretty sexy! I feel kinda weird saying that being who the fragrance is intended to represent..but little girls grow up sometime right? ;)

It's a perfect scent melding of the scents mom dad and baby though.

Dry & warm and sweet and light powder freshness all at once.

I recall not liking Dorian much when I tried it in the past, it was a long time ago though.

Snake Oil I love. Baby powder I don't like but Lavender I do..

The smooshing of it all together works out beautifully and I hope the scent is realeased every year ;) maybe add a little bit of frosting to it for a birthday cake :D

Snake oil holds on for dear life on me when I wear this. But it's a less spicy...more innocent vanillary Snake Oil.

It's like...Baby Snake Oil. There's a certain..baby powder element to this, which I don't get with Snake Oil until it's very very dry. The snake oil has stomped the Dorian into submission and there's only a faint whiff. There's a slight tinge of lavender too in the wet stages but it's not too much.

It's basically got all the throw of Snake Oil, with a soft vanilla/slightly fresher jacket on.

Very very nice indeed and this will age beautifully providing the lavender doesn't go weird.

My very first bottle purchase! <3

My feelings on that bottle purchase: NOM NOM NOM

Lilith Victoria is lovely. I have never picked up too much Snake Oil in the blend (which is a pity, because hey, Snake Oil), but in the bottle and on application it's always struck me as a gorgeous blending of notes with little break between them. My bottle is a happy combination of Dorian and Snake Oil, with a tad more emphasis on the former than the latter. I've always been able to pick up the fennel and lavender notes LIKE THAT -- they jump out to me that much. Which is keen, because of the added notes those are my favorites. :)

This is a sweet scent in both feeling and actual scent, although the lavender in particular cuts through some of that before it becomes too cloying or sugary. I'll admit that I'm curious as to what this would smell like on male skin chemistry, but when it comes to the fairer sex, I think almost anyone could wear it -- young girl or confident woman, Lilith Victoria can be anything she wants.

Overall impressions are just that: impressed. This is a long-lasting perfume that I consistently get compliments on. The only morphing which happens is that it turns more towards vanilla over time, but that's me and my vanilla amping rather than anything else. The added herbs stop it from becoming a toothache, and ultimately I <3 Lilith Victoria. :)

GAH! I can't believe I haven't reviewed this - IT IS MY FAVORITE!!! I had 9 bottles, am down to 7 1/4 left. :blush:

Anyway - a perfect sexy lavender, the Snake Oil mixes with the Dorian so well - I can't really pick one out. I wear it to bed every night. I hope it makes a return on Lilith's birthday! :D

In the bottle: Lavender & sweet herbs.

Wet on skin: Sweet tea, lavender, it indeed smells like Dorian.

Dry on skin: Mellow vanilla, sweet soft herbs, light musk. How lovely!

Final thoughts: I had to track down a bottle of this after smelling it on a friend, because I wasn't convinced when it popped up on the site. Boy was I wrong, I love Lilith Victoria! It's much milder than any of the heavy resins/musk/incense/spices blends I usually wear, and I've enjoyed and welcomed the change. It definately makes me think more about Dorian than Snake Oil though. It's gorgeous & sophisticated; I'd feel confident wearing pretty much anywhere.

This smells really pretty in the imp - lots of vanilla and lavender.

On me, it's...Oh, hi there, Snake Oil. -_- I don't like Snake Oil and so of course I amp it in everything, including the Snake Pit blends. There is kind of a softening edge to the Snake Oil in this blend - must be the Dorian and the other notes softening it and sweetening it.

I think this would have been perfect for me if it had been Dorian supported by Snake Oil and the other notes, but alas, it's the other way around.

I admit I didn't immediately seek this out because the fennel was scaring me. I shouldn't have waited so long, and I am kicking myself for not ordering this when I had the chance. This is Snake Oil that WORKS on me! Amazing. The lavender prevents it from going too sweet (as it normally does on my skin). I'm not getting much from Dorian in here, there is a hint of tea underneath everything, but it's predominantly lavender Snake Oil on my skin. I really like it.

Wet, it was Dorian's "Victorian fougere" with an extra dose of lavender. It dried down to delicate lily of the valley and lavender with light musk. It smelled like flower petals, mainly, much to my surprise. Then, it morphed to lily-lavender over a warm vanilla base, halfway between Dorian's staighter vanilla and Snake Oil's smoked-yet-powdery vanilla. Just a trace of fennel. It's not unpleasant, but my chemistry does nothing for it, resulting in an really unmemorable scent. :(