Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
foxroses

Lilith Victoria

Snake Oil blended with Dorian, plus soft vanilla flower, lily of the valley, lavender, and fennel.

To me, I mostly got lavender...then soap...ah well.

Such a great concept, and such a fascinating blend!

During my initial dab-test yesterday, this kept morphing all over the place. First it was lavender, then it was tea and vanilla, then it was Snake Oil-y headshoppy goodness, then back to lavender, then the fennel popped out... whoa nelly!

Today with a full slather, LV is steadier: a beautiful lavender musky sweetness. It reminds me a little bit of Wulric the Wolfman, and a little bit of TKO (both of which I love), and then of course a lot of Snake Oil -- just lighter and far more innocent than SO. I do get occasional hints of tea, but no lily of the valley at all (and am just as happy without it!).

Off to order a bottle before this comes down...

Bottle: I smell the sugared tea of Dorian with a good dose of lavendar and some soft, powdery notes.

Wet: Sweet sugared lemony tea with the barest hint of snake oil spices and some bright lavender. I sniffed this at ECWC and got a lot more lavender from it, so lav taking the backseat here surprised me.

Dry: Lots of powdery lavender over that spicy snake oil base and that sweet, sugary lemon dorian in the background. Its lovely. The throw gives off more snake oil, and when I get closer to my wrist, I get more dorian. That's really cool. There's also something kinda darkly fruity to this at times--plummish? Very late in the dry, its much more dorian-esque than snake oily, with powdery notes. Lasts 12+ hrs, which is amazing!

Overall: Love it, can't wait for it to age! I hope my two bottles are enough!

I didn't expect to love this so much, but I do! It has the sweetness of Snake Oil without fading on me, and the tang of Dorian's tea. Drawn together with clean, crisp lavender. Light and lovely. The best of both worlds, Beth/Snake Oil and Ted/Dorian, just like Lilith herself. :P

ETA: I love the bottle art on the bottle I received...a little old-fashioned redheaded witch. And when I bought a bottle from a forumite, I was thrilled to see it was the same little redheaded girl in a yellow dress! Same vintage feel. I LOVE it when the lab has multiple labels! So cute! :D

Edited by savage_rose

Holy goodness, this one's a keeper. It's all sweet, strong lavender going on, but mellows almost instantly into a lavender-tinged Dorian (like one of those old photographs taken before color, that was hand-stained after being developed... this is a portrait of a dapper gentleman that's tinted a purple-mauve.)

Except, there's Snake Oil calling some of the shots here. While Dorian is super, super sweet lemon cookie on me, it's kept from that extreme here from the incense notes in Snake Oil, and the Lilith-y additions.

I have been wearing this to sleep on and off over the past several weeks, and the best part is that it will cling to whatever I've worn to bed and then in the morning (and sometimes the next evening, if I'm recycling pajamas) it has dried down to a gorgeous, nuanced vanilla brushed with lavender. Absolutely glad I picked this one up. <3

I bought a bottle of this,even though I've never smelled Dorian or Snake Oil before!

I got the label of the little girl in the red cape,holding some playing cards like Mme.Moriarty does,it's so cute!

In the bottle,I get lavender.However,it's not the usual lavender that makes me cough and stings my nose and reminds me of cleaning products.It's a velvety lavender,soft and aromatic,very purple indeed,but soft and somehow powdery.

Wet on my skin,it's a baby smell,baby powder and lavender with light florals.In seconds,the scent shifts and becomes the perfect Snake Oil with a very smooth and creamy powder and toasted vanilla.Dorian comes in to say hello too with his elegant tea.It gives me the picture of Beth and Ted holding hands with Lilith (I know,I'm a dork).It has great throw too.I wore it today,just a few drops though,and my mom who was out in the balcony (I was inside) told me she could smell my perfume even though I was 10 feet away.

The drydown is mellowed and cozy.Makes me wanna snuggle!

This scent is well blended,but its scent is separate at the same time.There's mom,there's dad and daughter holding hands but each of them has their own personality,if that makes scence.

I dare say it's sexy,but not in a slatty look-at-my-sexiness way.It's elegant and soft.Just lovely.I definately need another bottle,it's so good.

I didn't get any snake oil spices from this, more like it's a cross between dorian and TKO :D

first it was almost a twin of TKO, and then some sugary tea of dorian started popping out. i am very cuirious at how this will age, i suspect the spices might appear later on. but not that it's a flaw like this, i am not a big fan of snake oil, and would be perfectly happy if Lillith Victoria stayed as she is :P

This one is a real morpher. When I first put it on I get really lavendery Dorian with Snake oil's spices. Once it dries though I get mostly Snake oil mixed with Dorian's lemony musk and a touch of lavender. Up close it smells more like Dorian, but the throw is more Snake oil, but still different.

It is fantastic. Even if you don't like Snake oil or Dorian, this one really shouldn't be missed.

I have to be honest, I was not expecting to like this at all. I love lavender, but I don’t care for most vanilla scents. I bought it mainly because I was sure it would be rare and highly sought-after in the future.

Much to my shock, I love Lilith Victoria. To me it’s lavender sweetened with vanilla- very similar to TKO in its pillowy softness, but without the strongly sugared, marshmallow note that’s in TKO. Still, it has no sharpness at all- a perfectly smooth, beautiful perfume. It also has great staying power and (to me) the perfect amount of throw.

It’s just gorgeous now, but I can only imagine how stunning it’ll be with some aging. I’m definitely keeping my bottle and wish I’d bought more while I had the chance.

All right, my nose seems to have recovered from this latest hell-cold, so let's give this a review a whirl.

In the bottle it's just overpowering wet purple lavender. Like when the flowers are fresh, not dried out. As it settles down I get sweetness, vanilla and powder and a little roundness. Once it dries down? Musks and incense, but in a wonderfully sweet and light way. I can't stop sniffing my wrist. Definitely a keeper.

Pretty, soft lavender is my first impression. It reminds me a little of Villain and TKO, without really being like either. Vanilla and lavender are the most noticeable and if I sniff really hard I catch a whiff of the fennel. I don't get a distinct impression of either Snake Oil or Dorian and this dries down to a soft vanilla on me. I'm hoping a little ageing will bring out its complexity.

I wasn't particularly enthralled by this at first. Wet on me, it's lavender and fennel, sort of sharp and herbal. It dries down into a light, sweetish scent, but with very little throw and it seemed to wear off quickly. However, the dry stage was soft and comforting, so I reapplied this a few hours before bed so it could soothe me to sleep.

I woke up the following morning, rolled over in bed, and - Oh my God, my nose is in heaven! I couldn't bring myself to pry it off of my wrist for about ten minutes. YUM. Sweet and sexy and melts-in-your-nose all at the same time. I think it's love. I've had similar reactions to some of the snake pit scents when I smell my wrist the following morning, so some of this is what happens with Snake Oil, but blending it with Dorian made the morning-after sniff just.... amazing. It really is like an orgasm for my nose.

Oh, and I bought a second bottle. :P When I get this one, I'll be tucking it away for a while because this seems like it would age magically.

I suppose I should have guessed, after having had neither Snake Oil nor Dorian work well on me, that this one might not work, either, but (foolishly, perhaps) I persevered and was rewarded by...

ARRRRGH.

When I first swiped this on my wrists--the first half-second, or so--there was a breath of warm, lavendered vanilla that was very promising. Then the "exotic oils" of Snake Oil did their thing and amped into the Headshop of Horrors on my skin... so much so that I was unconsciously extending my arms away from me all day, so as to have the smell at arms' length... and I still got a headache.

It took seven hours for my skin to stop amping whatever it is that I amp in Snake Oil... at that point, I actually quite liked Lilith Victoria on me. However, seven hours of a headache is probably more than I'm willing to sit through to get to a nice scent stage. Sadly, this is not likely to be a scent I can work with, though I'm going to keep it around and see if aging it makes a difference.

Mostly an extremely soft, cushy floral. That seems like such a bland way to sum up such a pretty fragrance! The lavender is the most dominant and it's beautiful. Very feminine. I always associate Snake Oil with smokiness, and I can smell that same tone in this. But the strong vanilla/sweetness in Snake Oil isn't showing up in here. I do smell some of the tea notes in Dorian, but they're very faint. I can't really pick apart too much in this because it's all so, so soft and powdery. It fades into a dry, musky/sweet scent.

This feels very familiar, and it's probably because Snake Oil and Dorian were two of my first bpal loves. This has a much lighter, less dominant feeling than those two. It's more of a skin scent on me. I love it.

Just got this one today. I've been dying to try it, since I'm a fan of both Dorian and Snake Oil.

I seem to be in the minority in that this is very, very Snake Oil on me. Weirdly, it most resembles my really-aged imp of Snake Oil more than any newer Snake Oil I've smelled.

It's got a much softer, more feminine edge to it than straight SO. I'm thinking that's due to the lavender. I can definitely detect Dorian's tea in here though, even though the Snake Oily-ness is more dominant to me.

Overall everything meshes together really well. I tested this on the back of my hand, and I think I had my hand to my face all day :P I like it because it reminds me of everything good about Snake Oil, yet it doesn't overpower me like Snake Oil sometimes can.

For me, Lilith Victoria is exactly as described -- I can smell Snake Oil and I can smell Dorian; neither is dominant. Since I wear both of those scents, I know that they are rather powerful fragrances -- that is why I love them -- but in Lilith Victoria, their intensity is softened greatly by the other components. Of the other components, I don't smell anything in particular, except to give a sort of baby powderish dusting of the Snake Oil-Dorian combo. I think the scent is lovely and gentle, and so beautifully blended.

I had to get a decant of this, seeing that it will probably become an LE classic, even though I usually loathe lavender.

In the vial: Lavender and lemon, but the lavender is softer than it has been in other blends that I've tried.

Wet on skin: Much more complex than in the vial...vanilla, spices, tea and other florals (I think) have joined the lavender and lemon. I can definitely detect the Snake Oil influence but it's tempered by the Dorian notes and the strength of the lavender. How apropos!

Dry on skin: Stays fairly true to its original wet stage for the duration (about eight hours).

Taking a cue from the Bedtime BPAL thread, I slathered this on last night before I went to bed and then proceeded to sleep like a rock. And I like it much, much more than I thought I would. :P

Imp: smells like a lavender baby…all soft and lovely

Wet on Me: I am now smelling what I remember Snake Oil smelled like with the Lavender

Drying Down: Now more head shoppy…and less lavender…the lily of the valley is waking up a wee bit.

Dry: This dried down to such gorgeous gentle loveliness. I can smell the best of both parents in the Snake Oil and the Dorian…with the gentle sweetness of a baby tying them both together. FTW!

In the bottle: Dorian peeks out first, followed by the darker, sweeter Snake Oil. Lavender clings to both. Lovely.

On wet: Sweet, powdery, slightly herbal. Bit of a jumble that's trying to settle down, but still lovely. :D

Drydown: Dorian's wearing a sprig of fennel-wrapped lavender pinned to the lapel of his vanilla-cream suit. Snake Oil swirls like a slinky, syrupy river of lightly spiced warmth beneath him. Picking up all the extra notes except the lily of the valley - I think it's adding to the creamy sweetness, just not as obviously as the other toss-ins. As I expected, this is good, *good* stuff. YUM.

Overall: Much love for this blend which has brought together two of my fave BPAL scents of all time. The lavender, fennel, and vanilla flower tweak them up to the next notch of awesomeness - adding just enough variance so that LV stands as a unique fragrance in its own right. It's a 4/5 right now, but I'm thinking that a little age will push this puppy into the 5/5 realm. :P

Mmmmm! YUMMY. Snake Oil doesn't work on me, but Dorian does. I decided to get a bottle anyway - good intuition! :D

Wet: lavender, sweet, a little powdery. I get Dorian's black tea for a bit, sugared by SO's vanilla and a sweet baby lavender.

Dry: Dorian tends to fade, leaving behind SO which actually. smells... gorgeous! It doesn't turn into baby powder on me, instead it's this wonderful vanilla-lavender combo that's very comforting.

If this is what aged SO is like, no wonder why people like it! :P

Oh! Also, it's the first BPAL my boyfriend has decided to compliment of his own free will. Hehe. When I was applying it, he started taking these long sniffs and at first I was worried it was too strong, and then he turned to me and went, "What is that? It smells GOOD!"

yay. :D

I just couldn't ask for a more perfect scent for me. The combination of Dorian and Snake Oil is like a dream come true!

At first sniff the Snake Oil hits me right away, it's a bit more powdery on me than normal, but still lovely. Then I start to notice hints of Dorian in the undertones; a faint whiff of tea and vanilla. The florals lend a lightness to the undertones that makes this blend more feminine, but they certainly take a back seat to the powerful combo of my 2 favorite GC scents. I love this. It's beautiful, powerful, soft and rich all at the same time. I am so glad I bought 2 bottles!! :P

at first, lilith victoria smells almost like a lighter, more complex TKO. the lavender here is much softer than the very strong, almost astringent lavender in tko, however. as it dries, a bit of warm snake oil spice comes out. it's a light scent, compared to my usual tastes, but it's really comforting and sweet and cuddly. i didn't think i'd be hanging onto my 5ml, but i think i will keep it.

I remember thinking that I must be out of my mind to order this, since I don't like Snake Oil, am lukewarm toward Dorian, and this sounded like a sweeter scent than either on their own. And yet -- while it's certainly lighter and sweeter than most scents I wear, I'm increasingly finding myself liking it. In fact, of the three baby scents, it's the one I find myself reaching for the most often.

Unsurprisingly, the dominant note is vanilla -- both Snake Oil and Dorian feature it, plus there's vanilla flower added as well. The second most noticeable component would be lavender at certain stages, and a sort of brown-sugar type scent that reminds me for some reason of Blood Moon 05 at others (I have no idea why Blood Moon smells like brown sugar to me, but it does). And there's also a soft earthy-musky undercurrent, a touch of spice, and a hnt of extra sweetness from the lily of the valley.

And miracle of miracles, not only is it quite long-lasting for such a light scent (way longer than Lady Lilith, sad to say), but even after a couple of hours, the vanilla shows absolutely no signs of turning to Play-Doh on my skin the way it so often does.

Interestingly, I like it much better than either of its "parent" scents. Snake Oil, on me, tends to go overly sweet, with the vanilla turning completely to Play-Doh. Dorian's vanilla doesn't go that route, but while it's not bad on me, it's never really caught my attention either -- it's just sort of a "meh" scent for me. But together, and with the added notes, somehow this is much more than the sum of its parts.

It all adds up to make a really complex, lovely scent, that really does have an element to it that evokes a newborn baby's sweetness -- but also some of the possibilities of who she'll become when she grows up. Light and sweet, but with dark undercurrents to add interest. Clean and fresh in one breath, musky and sensual in the next.

Wow -- I was originally kicking myself for feeling I had to have a decant of this, and now I'm almost wishing I'd gone for a bottle. Maybe it's time to start hunting...

Grade: A

Wet- yep this is Snake Oil and Dorian. Lovely musk, vanilla, patchouli and lavender. Powdery, sweet and cozy. When first on this is Snake Oil with some floral sweetness added to it. There's lots of soft lavender too. It's similar to the soft and sweet lavender and vanilla in TKO but not as strong. After a couple of hours this smells mainly like Snake Oil with a touch of lavender. :P This is a beautiful blend and I will treasure this for years to come. I can't wait to see how it ages!

It started out as Dorian with a blast of lavender - only it was also Snake Oil. You know those pictures that look like two different things depending on how you look at them, eg faces or a vase? It was like that, as my brain recognised both scents distinctly and focused on each of them separately. On my skin it dried down to Snake Oil only softer and powdery. On my cuff it was more Dorian. I'm not sure how much I like it yet, as Snake Oil and I do not get on well, but I'll keep the bottle for aging and see how it develops. I didn't get any floral notes at all - just a powdery vanilla/patchouli scent with just a little citrus and tea and perhaps a touch of fennel. Short wear length.