Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
foxroses

Lilith Victoria

Snake Oil blended with Dorian, plus soft vanilla flower, lily of the valley, lavender, and fennel.

In the bottle I can smell lavender and something sweet, citrussy, but I can't really discern different notes.
Wet on the skin I get something quite sharp, citrussy, I think this is the Dorian part. I already lose hope but then, suddenly as it starts drying, the Snake Oil comes forward. And it's Snake Oil minus the patchouli. Snake Oil like I always wanted it to be. It is light, clean, fresh Snake Oil. I love it. The Dorian part fades and I get neither lavender nor fennel or anything else - only a light Snake Oil. :P Perfect. Edited by Juliet's Silk

Wet, I get a tea note and a little sharpness, but as this dries, it turns into lavender Snake Oil with just a touch of powder on me, which is quite possibly the best scent I never knew I wanted. I may need to acquire more of this.

I am not much of a lavender person. In fact, even TKO and I don't get along. It's not a total dealbreaker, but if there is enough for me to smell it distinctly in the blend, that scent will not be a favorite of mine.

This is very lavendery in the bottle, but does fade a lot after application. Wet, I get a light lavender over Dorianesque tea. As it dries, I get a minty fennel scent with lighter lavender. Over time, lovely red musk comes out a la Snake Oil, but not overwhelmingly so. I still get this minty fennel lavender cast over what seems like a nice combo of light Snake Oil and sweet Dorian (but not as sweet as the real Dorian, that is uber sweet on me).

This ends with a final drydown of light red musk and spices plus vanilla tea, overlaid with fennel and a sharp note. I don't distinctly smell the lavender anymore, but think that is where the sharpness is coming from. Maybe that is the lily, but I don't distinctly smell that, either.

I am iffy on this scent. I don't really like that sharp note, but the total package is pretty nice if I ignore that part of the scent. Maybe age will make this luscious on me. I hope so!

In the Bottle

Yummy! The snake oil is really coming out in this blend. I’m also getting a hint of lily and a hint of lavender. I hope it smells this good once I apply it!

On My Skin

This is a lovely floral version of snake oil so far. It’s primarily snake oil but not as spicy, it’s got a more delicate, soft feel too it. Right now I’m not getting a lot of Dorian from this blend.

After a Bit

Four hours later and this is faint, but I can still smell it. It hasn’t changed too much since first applying it. The only difference is Dorian can now be detected slightly. The snake oil, Dorian, vanilla and lavender make this scent an instant favorite for me.

Rating 1-5

Scent - 4.5 Throw - 3 Longevity – 3.5

Overall (not an average) – 4.3

Final thoughts

I’m going to need to pick up another bottle of this before it’s gone for good. This is probably the newest addition to my top 10 scents.

In the bottle it`s herbaceous lavander, but it fades fast and the floral notes go out. Soon the TKO feeling is deliciously strong and sugary, and then the Dorian lemon makes feel its presence. At the end it`s Snake Oil minus the spices. Amazing. The throw is average but it disappears a little too fast, and it doesn`t morph well in the locket for me. Never mind, I love Lilith Victoria.

EDT After a little aging, the lavander mellowed completely out and now the Snake oil is going stronger and stronger, sugared by the Dorian. It`s pure heaven!!

Edited by Champagne

This is, to me, a soft and sleepy version of Dorian with an underlying richness that is the Snake Oil. There is something quite powdery in the blend throughout (fennel?), yet it is kept from being to baby-ish by the Snake Oil base. The lavender is way more present in the bottle than on my skin; once the blend is dry I can hardly smell it. I agree with others that this is both babyishly soft and somehow alluring at the same time. Lovely, blend, and it fits the occasion quite perfectly.

Powdery lavender tea. This reminds me a bit of Loves Baby Soft...but then again I haven't sniffed it since I was a teenager.

I was worried about this after reading some of the reviews, I'm not a fan of strong lavender blends and usually when lavender is in a perfume it sort of stomps out all of the other notes. This, however, is easy on the lavender and plays nice with all of the other notes. The only part of Dorian I can pick out is the tea and the only part of Snake Oil I can smell in this is its sweetness.

Hmmm...a little bit from Mom, a little bit from Dad and a few magical pinches of lavender and fennel....Lilith Victoria is simply sweet and lovely. Smelling this is really like looking at a baby and trying to pick out which features each parent contributed. :D

This is a really pretty, clean, and soft perfume that I (surprisingly) REALLY really like. I've been wearing it every day since it came in the mail about a week ago. :P I love the way this smells on my skin under a thick wool sweater when I'm outside in the chilly air. It's a comforting scent that'll just make you want to snuggle :D

Edited by Monster

In the bottle, this smells like soft lavender soaked in Dorian's vanilla tea, with a background of dark smokiness from the Snake Oil. I love the lavender and Dorian combo so much that I think I'm going to start mixing Dorian and a lavender oil together for everyday wear :P. I digress.

On my skin, it starts off smelling like I applied Dorian, but it quickly shifts into a dark, smoky, not-so-good scent.

After five minutes, this is powdery lavender with a hint of dark smokiness underneath it.

After ten minutes, this is all baby powdery lavender, cloying sweetness, and a weird, sharp smokiness that begins to smell dirty on my skin, like greasy, unwashed hair. It's very dry and powdery smelling. It's also very strong and overwhelming on me, making me feel a bit sick. It stayed the same for an hour and a half until I scrubbed it off.

I'll keep my bottle and see how this ages, but it's not very good on me right now.

The short version, for those who don't want to read the whole long review: Black Lace with a fuzzy lavender-vanilla blanket thrown over it. GET THIS!

In the bottle: I can definitely smell the Dorian and the lavender. On second sniff, I get the Snake Oil (muted, and I hope it stays that way) and the vanilla flower, which is reminding me of Black Lace. There's a sharp green/herbal note that is probably the fennel, although it doesn't smell like raw fennel to me. Hmm. I don't smell the lily of the valley at all; I hope it makes an appearance at some point.

Wet: Wet, this is powdery vanilla with a Snake Oil background. It is REALLY reminding me of Black Lace. The SO isn't getting all dirty-musky or play-doh sweet on me...yet. This is a SO I can deal with! The lavender is draped over it all like a sheer veil, very pretty. It's a soft lavender, like in Yvaine, rather than the heavier lavender I've encountered in some other scents. (I've had bad luck with the Lab's lavender scents, so Yvaine was a wonderful surprise for me.)

Dry: I've spent the past hour or so falling cautiously in love with this scent. While it does smell like a softer, toned down version of SO from a distance (say, when I'm typing and my hands are a couple of feet away from my nose), up close the SO and Dorian combine to somehow smell like Black Lace and the other notes add a soft, slightly powdery lavender edge, like a fuzzy lavender blanket has been thrown over it. Unfortunately, it gets a bit more powdery as time passes, but it's still very pretty. The vanilla flower and lavender are so gentle and cuddly, and the Snake Oil and Dorian blend beautifully (which is no surprise, huh? :P). If you like soft, ultra-feminine scents with maybe a gentle hint of sexiness, this is something you need to try. My only gripe is that the lily of the valley never showed its face, but then again, I only tested a little dab on each hand. We'll see what happens when I put on a bit more. However, this is a pretty strong scent with good throw, so even those dabs were enough to give me a good idea of the scent's complexity, so maybe the LotV just didn't develop well on my skin.

Ahhh, the Snake Oil curse continues! This really, really doesn't like me. I get no vanilla, no Dorian at all, and a lot of head-shop. ETA: And a lot more of soapy, soapy lily. Thank heaven for The Gladdener of All Hearts!

Edited by Peaches

Wow this seems to be one of those that smells differently on everyone!

In the bottle it smells like Snake Oil and lavender.

Wearing, it smells mostly the same on me, though as the lavender pulls back I get a hint of Dorian.

It's not powdery or anything like that on me. In late dry-down (hours later), I'm left with the impression of mostly a lightly floral Snake Oil. (And not in a bad way - I'm not a floral lover and this does not offend.)

I really like it! I love Snake Oil and lavender, and I appreciate Dorian, but it goes WAY too sweet on me on it's own. It's very restrained on me in this blend, and it all works well together.

It's kind of exactly as I imagined it would be (which is not often the case!)

Everybodies OMGLAVENDERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR reviews scared me!!!

yes i can smell it in the bottle but it doesn't seem to me lie the lavender of dooom that everyone says..Still i hate lavender so i was a bit worried and waiting about a week to test Lilith...

Big mistake!! Yummm!!!!!!

most prominent for me is the Dorian, the lavender is there in the background and i can lightly sniff snake oil slithering around in there. The vanilla flower is gorgeous like in Black Lace and it is such a gorgeous almost 'perfumey' note.

Very impressed and the wear length is fantastic!

I've never tried Dorian.

Now I've got that shocking confession over with. Anyway, I really like this. I can smell the Snake Oil but the vanilla is much sweeter and more like I assume Dorian is. Now it's dried down I can just about smell the vanilla coming through. It's really pretty and it's convinced me that I really need to get an imp of Dorian soon.

Edited by *Dani*

I think this is my favorite of the three Lilith scents --

I can smell the Snake Oil and a bit of the Lavender. Two of my favorites!! The last few days I've slathered it on my wrists before going to bed and have slept like a rock. And I can still smell it when I wake up!!

I love Snake Oil, but only when it's very aged does it work on me, and although I liked Dorian ok it wasn't really me. Lilith Victoria is pretty much pure Dorian at first--maybe a little sweeter than regular Dorian, with the added vanilla. And dry it's more Snake Oil-y with that I'm-going-to-turn-on-you! vibe that fresh Snake Oil has on me, but the vanilla is stronger by now too. Knowing how Snake Oil ages it's very tempting to get a bottle of this to hide away. Much lighter than regular Snake Oil, too, which can be a good thing since SO's got such strong throw.

Fabulous concept. I like this the best of the baby scents.

Dorian (and a hint of Theodosius, to my nose) mingled perfectly with Snake Oil. The tea and citrus of Dorian and the subtle warmth and spice of Snake Oil. Initially Dorian is stronger, but over time the Snake Oil gains the upper hand. This is one of the few scents that made my husband actually nuzzle my neck (tmi?), and paid the high compliment of "that one's nice". :P

I agree. I love it, will be keeping this bottle, and possibly getting another.

I am one of those freaky-ass people who has never tried Snake Oil. :P I've tried several blends from the Snake Pit, but never SO in its singular glory. My love for Dorian made me purchase this, because as much as I love it, it just doesn't last on my skin at all.

SO glad I bought this. How could you not love it?

Something I find quite important: The lavender here is definitely less obvious and herbally than the lavender in the Gladdener blend, and that is a good thing.

I have also never tried Snake Oil but I REALLY want to now!!

The lavender here is definitely less obvious and herbally than the lavender in the Gladdener blend, and that is a good thing.

^ that is definitely true!

God this is just so so so so beautiful. Vanilla and lavender and that herbal undertone that keeps it from getting sickly-sweet...my face has been glued to my wrist for like two hours now.

I actually dislike having more than one bottle of any scent but...I might have to scramble for another bottle of this. Because I will be very. very. very sad when this bottle is empty. This is like my perfect scent.

Echoing some here,I also add that the first impression I got from this was Innocent,Baby..and wow, what a perfect expression of what this scent commemorates. Both Parent scents are obviously there but what they create together is something new.

I do like it,but will wear it very infrequently so as to conserve the fragrance-snapshot in time of the event this scent rejoices.

My BPAL package just came in today, and I HAD to try this scent first! I love Dorian, and while I've never tried Snake Oil, Boomslang is quite possibly my favorite BPAL of all time. And according to most people, Boomslang on drydown is pretty much Snake Oil anyway.

IN THE BOTTLE: Definitely an herbal lavender, though it's not as strong as I had expected from other people's reviews. I'm not a fan of lavender, but I don't dislike this. There's also a lemon-vanilla sweetness underneath that makes me think of Dorian.

WET: Hm, the lavender suddenly tones down a lot. There's some soft, sweet floral, which I'm guessing is the vanilla flower and lily of the valley. And yes, I'm definitely getting more of the lemon-vanilla sweetness of Dorian, plus a darker sweetness that must be the Snake Oil. They're like different layers, all intertwined and weaving back and forth, so I smell something slightly different each time I sniff my wrist.

DRY: It becomes more Snake Oil-y on drydown. This is the perfect blend of Snake Oil and Dorian with a hint of lavender and soft floral thrown in. This is gorgeous, and I can already tell it's already jumped into my Top 10.

I love the theme, and I love this scent. It's innocent, but slightly sexy at the same time because of the Snake Oil. This is actually the first bottle scent I've ever owned, and I'm already considering getting another. I will be so, so sad when this is gone.

:P

Oh, Lilith Victoria, you are such a beautiful baby, but why oh why does your mommy love red musk so???

Yup. Red musk is my absolute scent nemesis, and that's all this is on me. Oh, maybe there's a hint of Dorian, but the Snake Oil has so thoroughly dominated Dorian that he's not about to show more than a pinky-nail.

I'd say this is off to swaps, but part of me is loathe to part with it, just because it's commemorative. We'll see.

Wet in bottle - At first there is snake oil, but subsequent sniffs reveal the lavender, fennel and lily of the valley. I don't get any dorian (yet). I definitely get the snake oil plus very light lavender, fennel and lily of the valley. To me this smells like a fresh floral snake oil.

Wet on skin - Snake oil and a tiny bit of floral and lavender to mellow it.

Dry on skin - This has mellowed to allow some of Dorian's sweet tea to mingle with the snake oil. The scent undulates in and out so it's not constant. I get a tiny bit of florals (lily of the valley and vanilla flower). Overall this blend softens snake oil considerably and smells divine. A wonderful tribute to a lovely little girl!

I love this blend so much. I have worn it all day and the smell gets better and better. I don't get the strong lavender smell most people are getting, but I do get the sugared tea of Dorian blended with the warm vanilla of Snake Oil. The best part is when the oil has dried down and the different components mingle and fade, I get a floral marshmallow smell whose sweetness is tempered by the fennel. Again, I love this blend. This one definitely needs a backup bottle.

I find it interesting that lots of people were getting straight-up Dorian out of this, in the bottle I get straight-up lavendered Snake Oil. (Fresh Snake Oil has a decidedly sharp edge to it, to me, so that might be why I get that.)

Once applied, this is a light, sweet lavender with hints of Snake Oil behind it. I definitely sense some red musk (again, Snake Oil). I think I smell a bit of the vanilla flower - giving this a bit of lightness and added sweetness. The fennel adds a bit of freshness to the blend. It is something entirely different than either of its two 'parents', or even its 'parents' blended together. She is her own person already, little Lilith Victoria, and has her own special scent to go with her.

This gets better and better as you wear it, too. It mellows and blends beautifully, creating a beautiful, unique scent that is indescribable. It's sweet, powdery (in a good way) and comforting.

This is very pretty to me, though I think it will get even better as it ages (quite like the real Lilith Victoria, I am sure!).

I adore Snake Oil, whether fresh or aged, but I've never tried Dorian so I am not really sure what it would smell like on me, and I don't care for lavender except in a mild form at bedtime. I almost skipped this one entirely, but then I was frimped a decant and OMG I immediately ordered two bottles! Lilith Victoria is such a beautiful scent. I absolutely get Snake Oil in the imp as well as on my skin, which is all good, but this is a softer version. Snake Oil is INYOURFACE vanilla on me, and I've never understood the people who get baby powder from Snake Oil, but now I understand. I don't know if it's the Dorian or the lavender, but the combination softens the Snake Oil into a gentle smooth vanilla lavender. I know I will wear this to bed, but I really think this will be very wearable for work. It's very pretty and I wish I were better at describing scents. I put some on my wrists before bed, and I recall sniffing myself during the night whenever I turned over. Lovely vanilla and lavender and oh so soothing.

edited for spelling and to add:

This lasts forever and the throw is amazing- the next evening, I went into my bedroom to change clothes after work and the minute I entered the room I could smell LV! It must have gotten on my pillow or sheets from my wrists.

Edited by Poenari