Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
foxroses

Lilith Victoria

Snake Oil blended with Dorian, plus soft vanilla flower, lily of the valley, lavender, and fennel.

The bottle is adorable. It showed up with a truly awesome postcard of witches flying. And, in the bottle, it smelled promisingly of SO, Dorian, and lavender.

Sadly, on me, the lavender dies, the dorian dies, and I pretty much get straight up baby powder. It is nice--smells like a Cabbage Patch Kid, but I can't see myself reaching for it often. It's a shame because wet, I really like it.

I think I am going to let it age a bit and then see....

After the initial bitch slap of extremely angry lavendar, this mellows down to something you wish little girls actually smelled like. This very clean and soft and pretty- it's gone through a lot of phases over the course of the day- a bit like Lilith Victoria's namesake will. There are flowers, and talc, something spicy, definately an "Xavier Roberts" phase, and by tonight, something that does remind me a bit of "No More Tears." I think this will get even better over time.

An idea for maybe please please please: it would be really cool if Beth revisited this every year, adding and deleting notes as L.V. becomes herself.

Edited by kittysdesire

I am in love. In love with this little bottle of goodness! The bottles are so cute, but the scent is just gorgeous.

I can mostly get Dorian from this. I barely detect lavender, since its very mild, and I'm happy with that because I'm not a big fan of lavender. This is truly an amazing blend that's sweet and sexy all at once.

Love it! :P

I smell mostly soft, pretty lavender in the bottle. I happen to like lavender, so this isn't a problem for me at all. Wet on the skin, it smells like Dorian with lavender. After a while I can smell the Snake Oil as well. This scent is absolutely gorgeous. It's already one of my favorites. I'm usually not the kind of person that buys two bottles of anything, because I like variety and constantly trying new scents. However, I am sorely tempted to get an extra bottle of this...or at least order more to give as gifts. It's so beautiful, I can't stand the thought of losing access to more! :P

Oh, this is lovely! On my skin, it really smells like lavender Dorian. I'm getting very little of the Snake Oil so far; it's there, but it's very subtle. I was honestly worried (and yet intrigued!) by how Beth would manage to combine these two scents, and, as usual, she did an amazing job of blending notes/scents that I otherwise couldn't imagine together. It's gorgeous!

On a side note, my bottle is different from how others are describing theirs. Mine has a girl with a wall clock behind her, and a ribbon upheld in one of her hands . . . .

Edited: The second time I wore this, the Snake Oil was much more dominant, with hints of Dorian. It's almost as if Lilith Victoria is sometimes showing more of her mother's side, and sometimes more of her father's. I love the way it morphs! Beautiful!

Edited by BookGirl

This one is for aging. I get almost entirely Dorian from it at this point, with a pale lavender character. No Snake Oil in evidence. My bf smelled it on me and informed me, "You smell like girl." He commented that there was a baby powder smell, too. I think he's smelling the white musk. I like it now, but I think it will be much better after a few months.

Ok, work with me on this: remember when you were a little girl (assuming your a fem) and you went to the toy store? Mom got you a dolly? A rubber one, the baby doll type. Can you remember that smell? Rubbery plastic? That's EXACTLY what the under note of this smells like on me and I have to say.....

I LOVE IT!!!!

When I swiped it on, I thought, mmmmmm, Midway with something else delicious! If I had another baby, and I was a perfume goddess, I'd make a scent that I loved to celebrate my knew little buddy. (I had boys, so they're all little buddies to me). I gots me a bottle and I'm not afraid to horde it. :P

Wet: If I didn't know better I would swear this is TKO. Sugary lavender.

Drier: Lavender is still going strong, but I definitely detect Dorian in here. No Snake Oil yet, and no fennel, which was the note that had me worried

Later: This needs a couple of months at the very least to live up to it's full potential, but oh man, it's going to be glorious aged. I almost wish (read: definitely wish) I had bought more. As of now it's mostly lavender and Dorian which is LOVELY. I can't wait to see what this is like a year from now!

I remember sniffing this at will call and being a bit overwhelmed by the lavender. Thankfully, while sniffing my new bottle at home now when my poor nose isn't overloaded I can tell that this blend is far more complex! The lavender is still there, along with sweet sugared tea and a hint of vanilla. I don't really get any snake oil in the bottle, but I remember from testing snake pits that SO tends to hide from my nose until it is on my skin.

This is SO much better on the skin than in the bottle. The lavender really does calm down and the sweet, creamy tea scent becomes dominant with hints of soft flowers. This is absolutely lovely. The snake oil slowly creeps out and darkens the blend, but not overwhelmingly so. The fennel really pops out as it continues to dry. This blend has many phases.

Overall, this blend is definitely a keeper. On complete dry down, it is harder to distinguish between the different notes, they all mesh so well. The result is soft and sweet and comforting.

Oh my...this is absolutely lovely. Smells like a vanilla tea, with a sweet hint of lavendar. Not strong, but almost powdery. Amazing.

ETA: This blend is simply amazing. It morphs a ton....lavendar being first for about 5 min, then that disappears then I'm left with sugary sweet vanilla-y snake oil w/ a hint of dorian. NO fennel here! Yay! Love this!

Edited by pinkstardust420

In bottle: Wow, vanilla, lavender, and lily of the valley mostly, sweet soft florals over sweet tea and faint immature snake oil. I think this will age wonderfully. Right now it is a gentle scent that makes me think of nurseries and Edwardian garden teas. Wet: Sharper and harsher as the immature snake oil mates with the Dorian, pushing aside, but not drowning the florals. I was worried about the fennel when I saw the description, but I’m not smelling any sausage, so that’s to the good. It gets richer and more complex as the skin warms it. This is more gentle and floral than I generally like, but has a surprising amount of oomph. It does live up to it’s concept. I am particular impressed by the cleverness of layering it over snake oil, notorious for deepening and changing as it ages, so that the scent will grow and change as the one it’s named after does. This is a sweet, delicate feminine scent, but who knows what it will be in a year. I am looking forward to finding out. Dry: Slightly floral snake oil with a touch of Dorian, pretty much as expected.

Bottle: LAVENDER. and some vanillaspicy, but mostly the lavender.

wet: oh hi lavender. i DIDN'T NOTICE YOU AT ALL... and some sweet floral.

drying: oh my god. love. love love love love. this just smells amazing. i can definitely get the snake oil and dorian... my main problem with dorian is its sweetness(not that i don't love dorian,its just more something i tend to put on before going to sleep rather than something i wear out very often), and this is sultry...

seems to have great throw, and lasting power... i tested the second i got home from work and got the package in the house, and 4 and a half hours later, still goin'.

we'll see how work likes it tomorrow.

This smells basically like you'd expect: Snake Oil + Dorian + Lavender. I can't so much pick out the other new notes, but if I think about it, this does have a light floral quality that Snake Oil and Dorian lack.

Wet, it smells mainly like a less citrusy Dorian, with a lot of lavender. I can detect the Snake Oil as a base note. So it's all creamy tea and florals with a hint of musks and resins, not too sweet.

Over the course of the next hour, the lavender calms down a bit and the Snake Oil quality becomes more predominant. It has that playdo-like quality that's common to fresh Snake Oil. Something about this combination of notes make it MORE play-do-like than just straight Snake Oil, on my skin.

As it is, it's nice, but not stunning. Soft, creamy, calming. Not as sweet as TKO, but a little bit similar. The plasticky, powdery edge makes me think of baby dolls. However, I fully expect this to become amazing with age. Appropriately, like a small child, this scent is all potential. I just wanted to make a note of what it was like fresh, so I'll have a point of comparison when this blend grows into itself.

--

UPDATED 6 Jan 09: Now we're talking! The blend has lost the lavender prominence and also lost the plasticy, cabbage patch doll edge. Miss Lilith is maturing nicely!

At this point, it smells even more like you'd expect: Snake Oil with the bright musk and lemony tea of Dorian, with just a breath of light, smooth florals and the faintest whisper of lavender. I can't pick out the fennel at all.

The lemony brightness burns off (unfortunately) once it dries, and here it smells basically like a version of young Snake Oil. The lavender really doesn't call attention to itself (if I didn't know it was here, I might not immediately pick it out) but it definitely changes the tenor of the Snake Oil.

Edited by naeelah

My first review. Because I love this scent oh so very much and had to share. :P

Wet, it's mostly herbal lavender. With vanilla underneath. Good for a headache. (Ask me how I know. Sigh.) And it smells really good.

Dry, I love it more and more. Sweet sugary vanilla lavender goodness. With a touch of tea.

If you're debating whether to buy this, I suggest you go for it. I've got two more bottles coming.

This starts off as a very lavender scent indeed - quite a sharp bitter lavender too. Eventually it calms down into sweet lavender with foody vanilla behind it. Surprisingly, given the Snake Oil, I am getting no detectable musk from this, which suits me very well - I'm guessing that may come out more as it ages, however.

I didn't think I was going to like this blend at all because even though I love Snake Oil and Dorian, lavender is my perfume nemesis and kills every scent it's in stone dead. But not this time! Bwahahahahahaaaa! Usually, the lavender takes over until I can't smell anything else, but this time it was faint in the bottle, amped like crazy for the first twenty minutes, then it faded in the background until it was strangely complementary and managed to stop LV from being too vanilla.

On the skin, this scent surpasses the hype of either of it's parent scents and blossoms into something sexy, elegant and very unique. For all it includes two existing blends, it manages to stand alone as something truly exceptional. It's only the second BPAL scent ever that my husband really loves on me, and he's super picky (the first one was Snake Charmer) :P

ETA: This is so gorgeous, I really wish it could be made general catalog. I don't ever say that about any LE, but this one would be a definitely re-order on a regular basis for me.

Edited by GypsyRoseRed

OMG, this could possibly be my most favorite blend of all time. On first sniff I immediately detect Dorian smoothered in Lavender. The sugared vanilla of Snake Oil, is hovering around in the background.

Once applied, LV is a herbal lavender and fennel, with pale musks, creamy spicy vanilla and sugared tea dancing around. Not one scent is dominant. They all band together so seamlessly, and neither of the 2 powerhouses combined are droning each other out. It's as if the best part of Dorian and Snake Oil meet and have a love affair. Seperately they are great, together they are amazing. Add a splash of lavender and they are stunning.

:P

Edited by Schmoozy

My husband and I both bought bottles of this, and we were both very excited when they arrived.

The next morning, Mr. Taz walked into the room and I said "mmmmm.... you smell good. What snake?"

(The snakes from CD are in regular rotation around here.)

He gave me an odd look and said "what do you *think* I'd be wearing today?"

Now, here's the odd part: up close (while I totally understand the TKO comparisons!) it's all Dorian to me. From two feet away, it's Snake Oil with a bit of something else. Wet on my skin, Dorian with something odd -- the fennel?

I like it, and I'm interested to see how it ages.

4/5, with definite possibilities of an upgrade in points after a couple of months.

I didn't get clobbered with lavender (not really a big of lavender) as some people did except in the bottle. The lavender is quite strong in the bottle but almost immediately after applying, out comes the Snake Oil only it's more like a sweet version of Snake Oil. After about half an hour, this is ALL Dorian. Now, about two hours after applying, it is still lots of Dorian and actually reminds of Black Lace after a few hours of wear. I really like this one, it's interesting and I love the blending of Snake Oil and Dorian to symbolize the birth of the little one. Lovely blend.

In a very odd surprise, Lilith Victoria goes on not at all like Dorian OR Snake Oil on me. I don't get either one at first. I DO get strong lavender and a sort of clean herbal vibe with a touch of baby powder. It's very clean and refreshing, and makes me think of something (a shampoo maybe?) that I can't put my finger on. It's the kind of clean scent I'd want to wear when I want to smell clean but not soapy.

In the very late stages of this scent, it really does smell like Snake Oil and Dorian though. If someone is looking for Snake Oil + Dorian, I would suggest that you buy those and mix them up. But if you're looking for a totally different scent that has attachments to those two scents, Lilith Victoria is for you. Love this pretty scent, it's gonna be a year round type of scent for me I think :P

All right... call me weird... but I didn't get Dorian or Snake Oil. Both of those have very distinct qualities that when blended together, end up not smelling like 'themselves' at all, in my mind. What this initially reminded me of was Queen Alice, first and foremost.

On the other hand, this is much nicer (on me at least) than QA. It has a very strong 'cream' note (vanilla 'flower' perhaps instead of actual vanilla), and is, no matter how one looks at it, mostly cream. Over time, 'cream' dries to 'babypowder' but not necessarily in a bad way. In amongst it, is a faint tea note, only detectable up close, and more toward Gennivre than Dorian's rolling black tea authority. In truth, up close, it's a lot richer scent. The throw is all 'cream/powder', but nose to skin, I get the tea and spices. What I -don't- get is florals. At all. No lavender, no nothing. Not a hint.

On the other hand... I don't like florals. SO. Overall this was a pretty decent win. It's pleasant, and if the throw was like it is up close, I'd probably wear it a lot. As it is, though, it's a bit powdery for me to want to wear all the time. I suppose I'll have to give it a go over a day or two and see how it flies in the long run. (Or I could try adding a little extra something like Gennivre to it, who knows.)

g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s.

I am buying two more bottles.

An instant must-have scent. I am a bit speechless right now, but this is just beyond perfect.

Just like the precious Lilith B, this perfume is only going to get more beautiful with each passing day. What a gloriously flawless celebration!!!

Love :P Love Love Lilith Victoria!!!!!

6 out of 5

As soon as LV came out and I read the description, I had to have her. I love both Dorian and Snake Oil, and Lily of the Valley and Vanilla flower are floral faves, even though I generally don't like most florals. In the bottle, the lavender, say's "Hello, I'm here", but it really doesn't last too long as a dominant scent. The Dorian and Snake Oil are present, but everything just kind of blends together as one to create this gorgeous masterpiece. This scent to me is masculine, feminine, maternal, sexy, and childlike all in one, but I don't mean that in a perverted way at all. Just that these scents are contradictory, but blended so well, they are as one. In fact the song "Bitch", by Meredith Brooks kind of describes this scent very well.

"I'm a Bitch, I'm a Lover, I'm a Child, I'm a Mother, I'm a Sinner, I'm a Saint..." I cannot stop raving over this scent. It is probably my favourite right now, and I plan to hoard. :P :D If possible, this blend will only get better with age, I give it a 10/5

edit to add correct singer, thx Cordia!

Edited by milo

On me, Lilith Victoria is lavender, lily of the valley, and vanilla flower. I don't get Dorian and Snake Oil at all, but I'm not complaining -- this is so sweet and pretty. And I love the little witch on the label.

Let me start by saying I just love this. Innocent and sweet with secrets.

I have a really hard time identifying lavendar as a scent. I grow ten types of it in my garden, love the scent, but if I put on a blindfold and was asked to identify what I'm smelling, 70% of the time I would get it wrong. What others are getting as a lavendar punch at the start, I'm smelling as baby powder. Since that's appropriate to the concept, I could swear it's baby powder I'm smelling.

The baby powder scent calms down upon drying, just a hint floats over the top when dry. The Snake Oil and Dorian base smell exactly as I imagined them. It's innocent with a troublemaking streak, like the toddler that blurts out some embarrassing fact in public.