Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Belladonnastrap

De Røde Sko foot scrub

Do your feet feel like they've been cursed? Don't chop them off! Soothe your tired, aching toes with our warming, stimulating scrub!

Red ginger, sweet orange, black pepper, clove, and cardamom.

I'm a bit surprised there's a Talaria scrub review but no De Røde Sko one! I shall remedy that.

First off let's talk about the packaging. The scrub comes housed in a circular jar that is amber coloured. I know Ted mentioned a while ago he wasn't happy with the orginial labels but the label for the scrub is perfect. It's on the top of the jar, orange with black lettering. I'll take a picture if anyone requests. The scrub itself is white flecked with red bits and the consitancy is pretty well..reminds me a bit of oatmeal. It smells like the christmas season. The orange and clove are most prominent but after a bit that ginger kicks and your feet (or any other part you choose to scrub with this, you can definitely use it all over minus your nether regions) smell a bit like orange gingersnaps.

How does it work you ask? WELL. My feet get bruised constantly by all the walking I do and I have a lot of callouses. This scrub not only helped soften them up but it took away and of the dead skin I have...gently. I'm a bit amazed by this because the scrub really doesn't FEEL scrubby if that makes sense but it does a helluva job.

Definitely going to be a staple in the fall/winter months but I think the smell would be a bit much in the summer. This is great ish.

Love the scrub. I wasn't sure what to expect in regards to moisturizing ability/longevity, but what I can say after having used it is that it really has surpassed my expectations. It's thick, moisturizes super well, and last long after you're out of the tub. Both my feetsies and hands was now uber supple, and my socks carry the faint whiff of gingerbread and clove. The scrubbies themselves are moderately scrubby, but in my humble opinion, there aren't enough to do any real damage to my rough spots. I won't be throwing out my pumice stone anytime soon (though I think this'd be great to follow up anytime of hardcore exfoliation.) The real merit for me in this pot o' lurve is the scent and how well it moisturizes.

It is a very nice treat for the end of the day.

One note of caution, though: I think this stuff might slick up the tub right quick. My feet were so well moisturized that the water was beading right off 'em as I was getting out of the shower. Even the bath mat wasn't feeling so secure once I was standing up.

Definitely a winter scrub scent wise.

This is probably my favorite of the three. The scent is so warm and inviting, and just cozy.

I would say that the foot scrubs are more along the lines of moisturizing scrubs, than exfoliating scrubs. While it exfoliates, I would say the scrubbies are mild to moderately scrubby, and I agree with elixireleven, that if your looking for something to really exfoliate with, you won't really find it with these scrubs.

However, that being said the moisturizing capabilities are ridiculous. A little goes a long way. The shea butter, grapeseed oil and jojoba oil envelope your skin and provide long lasting moisturization. My feets :P are softer, supple, and smell heavenly!

At first I was a little hesitant about this one. The scrubby bits and the oil had separated a bit in shipping and, after I mixed it up, it was oddly reminiscent of rice pudding texture wise. Fortunately, I convinced myself to give it a try anyways.

I used this as an (almost) all-over scrub in the shower rather than just for my footsies. Less than a teaspoon was enough to use on my entire body except my face and lady bits and I do NOT have a small body. The texture is perfect - silky without being too oily/greasy; definite scrubbiness to it, but not so much that it's harsh. The scent is divine and, in the shower, it just blooms. The entire shower was filled with delicious hot steam that smelled just like wassail (sweet, spicy, orangey, yum :P ).

It made showering in a cold house (brr :D) bearable.

Scent: Awesome. Sweet ginger and orange, it's strong without being overwhelming. Definitely lasts on my skin for a while afterwards.

Texture: Ehhh...when I hear scrub, I want SCRUB. There's very little scrubbing power in these scrubs, though they are FANTASTIC moisturizers. I got out of the shower, patted my feet dry, and immediately put on socks. My feet were soft and silky still at the end of the day. Not a huge fan of how greasy they leave my hands.

Agreed with hackess --- this wasn't uberscrubby, but I use a pumice stone anyway, but it was moisturizing as all get out. I really enjoyed that part. It was more of a 'finishing' move on my feet --- after the pumice, the soap, and then the foot scrub to moisturize and make my feet smell good. It had a faint cookie/spice smell to it, but not much. I enjoyed it immensely and now have to sample the other scrubs!

This was the scrub I was looking forward to the most and thinking I would love -- and it is wonderful. But not my favorite.

To me this smells like the Halloweenie 2008 scent, Hueso de Santo, and is much foodier than I would have expected. I expected more pomander / spice, and instead it is sweet orange cookie. Still fabulous, just not what I was expecting.

As others have said, this is MUCH more moisturizing butter than scrub. I've been using it in the shower on my super dry winter skin and while it seems like it might be TOO buttery and oily at first, once you get out and dry off, the butter soaks right in and leaves you soft and smooth all over.

I've been using this lately and definitely second what others have already said - it's not really scrubby at all. The consistency is great for moisturizing, though, but it's more of something to use after a pumice stone to get my feet soft and moisturized.

I love the scent, haven't tried the other two scrubs yet so I can't compare.