Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Tramp

Autumn Coolness

The scent of wisteria, Cymbidium, lotus blossom, and cassia buds drifting on a breeze through gently swaying bamboo reeds.

This goes on with a woodsy floral, and is quite sweet. As it dries, it evolves, with the floral notes becoming more and and more in the forefront. It's a soft floral with a woodsy, crisp background of what I think of as green leaves, rather than bamboo. It doesn't come off as oriental, and I'd be hard-pressed to pick out specific floral notes, and the bamboo is so well blended in that it's not distinct as that, just a nice green leaf note. I like this one.

In the Bottle

I’m not familiar with a lot of the notes in this blend, so I’m afraid my review won’t be too useful to anybody but me. In the bottle this has a light, clean smell. It’s a little bit floral and has a touch of something citrus.

On My Skin

Once I’ve applied it the scent becomes a little bit stronger but still has a distinct floral/citrus vibe. If I put my wrist up to my nose it almost smells like orange fruit loops. Maybe I’m loosing my mind.

After a Bit

Wow this really develops into a lovely scent. It really feels like an autumn afternoon. My only complaint is that 3 hours later and it’s barely there. But what’s left on my skin is divine.

Rating 1-5

Scent - 4 Throw - 2 Longevity – 1.5

Overall (not an average) – 3

Final thoughts

I need to retest this blend, I really love the smell of it, but it faded too quickly the first time. Maybe I’ll put it in a scent locket to see if I can get it to last a few more hours.

Ah, man.... I really thought this was going to work on me. Lotus! Yum! Cassia! Yum! Wisteria! Well, it sounds nice anyway. From the description I was thinking Ulalume, which I absolutely HEART.

In the bottle: Green and spicy. Not bad.

On my skin: Lemon pledge. No -- check that -- it's Murphy's Lemon Oil Soap for wood. Exactly.

Dry: Same. What turns to lemon on my skin? Is it the bamboo? It smells like lemony rotting leaves.

This is really really awful on me. I wanted to like it so much that I let it age for weeks and weeks and lo, it is still all lemony rotting leaves.

Off to the swaps.

Woe.

Tzi

Oh. My. WORD. I bought a bottle of this wondering if it would be too floral for my tastes, but knowing that some of Beth's Asian blends work very well on me. Well, this is floral, but it is gorgeous on me and only gently Asian.

In bottle and wet: Definite wisteria and other florals with sweetness from the lotus blossom. There's a bit of fruitiness in there.

Dry: A hint of spice from the cassia buds come out to play, and then the lovely cool green bamboo. The sweet floral-and-fruit aren't overwhelmed, but rather rounded out. It lasts for hours on my normally scent eating skin, with some nice throw.

I may have to keep an eye out for another bottle of this.

In the imp: Green florals… A familiar scent to be sure! On me: The same as in the imp. It’s pleasantly refreshing! Very nice! I’ll treasure my imp!

I was curious to try this one so I bought a partial bottle hoping I'd like wisteria - I know I like bamboo. Not quite what I was hoping for. The wisteria is a little too Bath and Body Works on me. :( It's a lovely scent, cool and sweet like an Autumn evening in another region, but no for me. Not much throw either. Off to a better home!

Wet: a countryside-like smell, like hay and fruit and the sweetish smell of very mature compost. The Boy says I smell like rotten fruit.

Later, it improves a bit. I do smell like overripe fruit (apples?). One of the swaps.

This one was a cool, green grass blend. Asian vibe, but I really got the wisteria and a hint of lotus. Wisteria does alot of strange things on my blend, but not so much on this one.

On the other hand, it pretty much just smells like green + wisteria.

This would be really sweet and fruity if there wasn't some strong floral in there (the wisteria?) that sort of matures it...crisp, cool. I like bamboo. This is definately evocative of Autumn.

Very pretty in the imp-I love the cassia in this-it's like a spiced woody/lotus/wisteria blend.

Oh my god, this is sooo gorgeous...I remember totally not being into this when I sniffed it at will call all that time ago, but I am so digging it now-the cassia is just so beautiful-just the right amount-not too overwhelming...I do get that feeling of a breeze running through the blend...now, as it really dries down the lotus comes out, and unfortunately I'm just not that huge of a fan...it tends to go a little weird on me. It gets a bit more and more sour as it dries down.

Yeah, the oddness of lotus on my skin really killed this for me-don't get me wrong, it is super gorgeous and well blended, but my blasted skin chemistry just messed it up!

This is one of my all time favorites, and I wish I had been around for its release. I would've ordered so many bottles of it!

It's cool and relaxing, sweet without being overly so. It's complex in that it has quite a few scents, but they come together so singularly that I cannot pick one out from the other. Late summer blooming flowers blowing in a sweet breeze. Utterly wonderful.

Oddly enough, when I smell this in the imp it reminds me of dirty baby diapers. I thought it was a fluke the first time, but then it happened again days later. Despite this I did a skin test anyway and I'm happy to say that it's much nicer that way. I'm reminded of a lightly spiced floral musk. It doesn't speak to me strongly, but it's a likeable scent.

Airy, sweet, and an appley back. Very nice! The chrysanthemum isn't too sharp on this, so that's a relief!

Bottle: Wisteria, lotus, bamboo :wub2: and a layer of something really fruity and juicy. The hint of fruit actually reminds me of Treat #1 from 2006, or maybe Fire Pig.

Wet: Wisteria, bamboo, and a touch of ass. That's right, ASS.

Drydown: Oh, no, no, no, this is going all weird. Must be my period, because most of these notes work really, really well on me normally.

Dry: And gone!

Would I wear this? Maybe. I need to retest this.

This is a lot softer and more floaty than I thought it would be.

The lotus isn't strong on me (which is good because that's my least favorite note in the list), mostly it smells like soft, gentle bamboo. It's not bold, it just smells kind of clean and pretty.

I don't smell any cassia bud either, which is weird for me. Usually I am spice notes.

This reminds me of the BPAL blends that are supposed to smell like cotton and bunnies. That's how soft it is on me.

I love the bamboo note. I want more of it everywhere! *makes grabby hands*

This blend is mostly bamboo, with the cassia hiding underneath. I can smell the wisteria mixed in with the bamboo, but mostly it is the reedy, clear bright bamboo with a backbone from cassia. Delicious, evocative of an early fall rain, and wonderful. I love it!

I had high hopes for this one, I was really hoping to get the "Autumn Coolness" effect. I'm getting a faint "Suave"

type smell, shampoo/hairspray combination. It also faded so fast, I put it on less than an hour ago and its gone.

I'll be skipping this one, glad I got to try the imp to rule it out.

I mainly bought this because I love the name... but I also love wisteria.

In the imp and on wet it is full on bamboo. Wow, I never would have thougth bamboo would be so strong on me.

As it dries it just kind of turns into a general sweet, woody, kind of clean smell. It's ok but it is not for me. Boo. Hoo.

Fresh, bright watery floral. I quite like this, but it does turn kind of soapy after a bit, then fades into practically nothing.

This is for the 2012 version.

In the imp: All the notes, but faintly.

Wet: There's the lovely wisteria. :)

The dry-down: Beautiful wisteria, but fading fast. I am however quite grateful that the lotus blossom behaved itself.

So I'm trying this one in my scent locket and I adore it. The green spiciness is what I get first, and sweet florals under that. It's lovely, cool and damp. Seems reminiscent of spring for me, as opposed to autumn, but I'm in Florida and our weather is weird.

2012 decant: This is such a gentle and beautiful scent. I get mainly bamboo rinds and that's it. I can see myself wearing it in late August till end of September.

Edited by theredkilt

I put this one on today, since September is finally here, and remembered how much I like it. The scent just seems like I've opened the door to an early fall morning. It's almost like I can smell light filtering through the trees!

2008 decant: it's totally different from the 2012 edition.

I get a blast of cassia/ cinnamon and some sweet floral. It's a spicy floral. Wow!