Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin with white sage, cherry tobacco, honey, smoky vanilla, cedar, and pine.

I like this more than I thought I would, probably due to the cherry tobacco. The white sage makes it a bit too herbal for my liking, though. The cedar and pine aren't very strong in this at all, but it seems smooth under the herbal scent. I know there are a lot of people who really go for the type of pumpkin blend in which the buttery pumpkin scent is tamped down a bit, but I happen to like that buttery pumpkin! So ones like this (and Pumpkin Patch 5 from the original run, and that grassy one from 07) don't end up being my favorites.

I like Pumpkin IV, but I don't think I like it enough to wear it over other pumpkin scents I like better (like Pumpkin II). Edited by filigree_shadow

In the bottle – The pine is a sharp distinct scent, backed by the butter pumpkin and the smoke in the background

Wet on me – Now the pumpkin dominates, but is cut through by the pine and the smoke

Dry on me – Sweet, almost cloyingly heavy honey and vanilla on top of the already rich pumpkin

Overall – This is just too much for me, and I like sweet blends

I only bought this because a friend of mine was inquiring "if BPAL made any pumpkin scents?" I am soooo glad that she asked!

My word....

This combination ends up smelling like pumpkin pie with brown sugar. The cherry, honey and vanilla combine for the dark brown sweetness, and the cedar, tobacco and sage make for a warm base.

Mrs. Smith's aint got NUTHIN' on this! *whew!*

Bottle: Honey, some kind of deep dark vanilla yum, a rich and smoky something-or other.

On/wet: Smokey roast pumpkin, having been buried in coals to cook. Honey again. And a bit of the lovely sage.

Drydown: Ooooh, this one I can keep! Slightly spicy honeyed pumpkin, the faint bit of sage, and some of that cherry tobacco, I think. Pine is in there, too, in a warmed-wood kind of way, like the firewood stacked up next to the woodstove, but not blaringly so--I think that it's probably the cedar that I'm interpreting as "spicy", but it's not really one of the top notes I'm getting out of this.

Overall: Very warm and definitely wearable. I'm glad I aged this one, for sure. :) Though it did wear off rather quickly, but my weird skin chemistry tends to do that to blends with cherry tobacco, for some reeason. Hmmm. Might need to slather a bit.

Edited by YoakeNoKami

Pumpkin IV - 2008

Pumpkin and vanilla cherry honey tobacco. Yeah, I said it, vanilla cherry honey tobacco. The cedar's wayyyyy down there, and not apparent until after awhile. And then it's honey vanilla and a tiny bit of cedar. This is really good. Remind me why I thought I didn't like the Pumpkin Patch?

This pumpkin doesn't morph much from imp to skin, which is good in terms of consistency. However, I am a pumpkin lover, and I was hoping for more of that buttery pumpkin coming through. On me, it gets drowned out by the tobacco and cedar, and there is some vanilla lurking around the edge, but the honey isn't quite sweet enough to save it. It's not bad, especially if you like tobacco notes (though the boyfriend doesn't) but I think it's not really me--not enough pumpkin in this particular section of the patch.

I just swapped for a decant of this and while initially it was a very nice warm, cedar-y and slightly sweet pumpkin, i noticed a few hours later that I had a weird baby powder scent on my wrist. d'oh! It must be the honey...I don't want to give up on this one though, am considering trying to layer it with something to cover up the honey? (I'm hopeless)

Pumpkin and cedar and tobacco, with the sage coming out more prominently after the drydown. This is a homey, comforting scent, a flannel shirt next to a roaring fire. I'm so glad I got to try it.

I am cherry tobacco's no. 1 fan, and in this oil it blends beautifully with the pumpkin and vanilla and honey to make a smooth sweetness that's not too fruity, just warm and wonderful. The sage adds a faint, bracing herbal note with the woods that keeping this from being cloying. I am in raptures over this one. Perfect for late summer and fall.

When I put this on my work colleague said it smells like curry - which is rubbish! It smells heavenly of pumpkin and slightly of smokey tobacco, I am so glad I bought a bottle!

I can't smell any of the cherry though.

It's one of the scents with the longest throw I've ever come across.

In the bottle, this is vanilla and honey. Very sweet and creamy.

On me, it gets smokier and spicier. Not really woodsy at all.

'08 version: The sweet pumpkin part is nice, but the sharp note is ruining it for my chemistry. =( I has a sad! Nice and rich in the bottle, might make a good room scent or rock on the right person!