Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin with black musk, leather accord, tonka, teak, orange wood, and opoponax.

Another one that languished in a drawer after the first testing, only to be dragged out for one last testing.

Bottle: Pumpkin. Something savory-- this is going to sound weird, but sage. Maybe it's the musk?

On/Wet: Wet pumpkiny leather like somebody slathered Jack and came back with their coat soaked by the rain. A little humid, a little dark. Sorta yummy.

Drydown: Bleargh. What happened? I think that dark musk rose up and swallowed my leather and had some kind of unnatural ceremony with my pumpkin. Broken pumpkins, water... dark damp dirt and cold. There's something in here which smells like Shattered Pumpkin, which soooo did not work for me.

Overall: A bit disappointed. Pumpkin/leather or pumpkin/sage I could have dealt with, but that funny Shattered Pumpkin-like note sorta killed it for me. In fact, if not for the remaining sweetness underneath, it would smell almost exactly like Shattered Pumpkin on me (just not quite as strong).

This was the pumpkin I was the most scared of (black musk? leather?), but that just goes to show that I need to try things out of my comfort zone more often. I think this is the best of this year's patch so far.

Wet, it's a little sexy-spicy, a little dark, but mostly pumpkin. Lovely buttery pumpkin. Dry, it mellows into something incredibly buttery, sweet, foody, and rich. I'd swear that there's vanilla or a cream note somewhere in here, but maybe that's the tonka doing wonderful things. It's like the creamiest possible filling of a pumpkin pie. Delicious.

So , got this one last year & it really hasn't changed much to my nose . Sadly the thing I get from this is pumpkin & not much of anything else . I say sadly because some of the other notes that are supposed to be in this are some of my faves . And I get none of them . I get pie filling , nuthin else :(

I really thought I would love a Perversion scent crossed with pumpkin. What I get: spicy leather. Leather reads as a clean note on my skin, although it still smells leathery if that makes sense. Im not sure where I'm getting spice from, but I dont think this is for me after all =(

Here is a review to plug my weenie hole..

Imp: Good, delicious, creamy, nutty pumpkin. There is a tart, smokey and sour undertone with a dash of orange.

Wet: Nutty and sour.

Dry: Hmm.. light vanilla-nut pumpkin with something more savory. Wood and leather? Maybe the opoponax and leather turn sour on my skin, or maybe this decant just hasn't aged well. It's OK because the scent dries down to mostly pumpkin, but I wish the other notes worked better with my skin.

I'm not sure if its just me but I totally thought this was a pumpkin/apple scent. I smell apples and I don't know why?! Maybe its the orange?

Its a bit tart and nutty.

Anywhoo I love this so much and if I can ever get my hands on a bottle I will be really happy :)

Initially this is fresh pumpkin with just a hint of spice. I'm happy because I am not one who likes the baked goods types of scents. On drydown the opoponax and tonka show up, and I am getting a bit of a maple syrup smell in addition to creamy, spicy pumpkin. Bath and Body Works/Slatkin Co has an old room spray named Creamy Pumpkin. It is 100% reminding me of that. I mean that in a good way. I love the smell of it so much, that I limit how much I spray so I never run out. Now I can smell just like it any time.

I am only getting a touch of leather, and I have to really sniff hard to get teak. Those are two scents I adore, so I was hoping for just a bit more. Musk is in the background lending some sweetness, and a little powder. Minimally foody on me, and I am just fine with that. 🙂

4.5 out of 5 stars. Throw could be a bit stronger.