Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

PUMPKIN II
Pumpkin with black musk, leather accord, tonka, teak, orange wood, and opoponax.

I think I could sum this up with: Pumpkin Perversion.

Well, minus the wine. Perversion is the closest general catalog scent to this, though.

On my skin, this is a rich, decadent, smooth, tasty scent. Even with the wood and leather, it smells like my arm should taste excellent.

I adore it!

My only problem is that it doesn't last as long as Pumpkin I. That lasted over 12 hours on me, and this one only lasts 4 or so...but, mmmm. I do smell the pumpkin as well as the leather and woods. On me, the black musk and the tonka are sweetening and giving the scent a lovely rich layer.

On me, medium to strong throw. Rich and sweet, bordering on foody, even though the only edible ingredient is the pumpkin.

bottle: pumpkin with woodsy, musky leather. what is this pumpkin into? :P

wet: the leather and woods come to the fore and leave the pumpkin in the background. i never thought a pumpkin scent could be so sexy!

dry: this is sweet, leathery pumpkin with a hint of musk. i think this might make it into my top ten.

I tried this without looking at the notes - I had an idea of the notes in all the pumpkins and when I first smelled this wet I thought, "this smells like a sweet buttery pumpkin, it must be the one with the honey and vanilla in it..." Wrong!!! Now looking at the notes and after the oil has dried a bit, I get a bit of the musk and tonka and I really have to work to smell the leather and the rest blend into oblivion, but it still feels very much like a gourmand bakery scent to me and is definately one of my favorites of the pumpkins since I tend toward foody scents anyway :P

What is so odd about this blend is that on my skin, the teak is stronger than the leather and it's pretty rare for anything to outdo leather on my skin. This is a really woody scent with tones of leather underneath. The tonka doesn't come out much on my skin other than a faint sweet quality, which may be the pumpkin and not the tonka.

Yum.

Buttery pumpkin with vanilla and teak and a whiff of leather. Sounds odd but it is really good.

My husband says it smells like popcorn. And he says "who wants to smell like popcorn?"

Me. :P

This is a warm, buttery pumpkin scent that is made of win! Like gysysingleton, I actually thought that I had maybe ordered the wrong bottle since I get very little of the musk and leather with this one. If you like foody scents, you will love this one! On my skin, it has nice throw, but not a lot of staying power. I have to slather it on a bit and then re-apply, but Pumpkin II is definitely worth it! :P

Very funny, BPAL... this is the Pumpkin that I thought I'd like the least when I was first reading notes, but lo and behold, it turned out to actually be one of the two I'm considering a bottle of.

I expected something dark, heavy, and vaguely dirty, but what I got was foody deliciousness with an edge of leather and wood. This definitely has the leather note from Perversion, but it doesn't kick you in the face; it just sort of flirts with you from the background. Easily detectable, but not overwhelming, as leather notes usually tend to be on me. Slightly fruity, very pumpkin-y, with a grounding woodiness. Difficult to describe, but a pleasure to huff on one's arm.

Pumpkin in the imp and something sharp. Not sure if that's the black musk or the leather, but it's got *bite* and makes me a leeeetle nervous.

Wet on skin, yes, there's pumpkin there, but it's not buttery or particularly sweet. There's also something very "perfume" about it. Sharp, commercial. It smells like it could have come from a department store counter, which is weird to me, coming from BPAL. It's sweetened up a bit and I must be getting some of the orange because there's a tang coming through. This does the weirdest thing on me. As it settles and melds and blends on my skin, it goes almost tropical. I swear it's turning into a pumpkin pina colada.

Ultimately, I liked this a lot more than I expected to. I think I'm going to have to retest it, though, as I never really got wood or leather, just the hints of both and while I don't mind, it's not what I was expecting so I don't want it to be a fluke. Yay for the first time weirdness, though. It was very nice.

Huh. I get the 'sharp' reaction on applying it, as described above. That evens out a minute or two into it, and I don't get much leather ... perception in this scent, let's say. it's a 'high' sortof scent, light but with an undertone of pumpkin and, what on me is sadly an 'overtone' of lemon laundry liquid. Oh dear.

This smells like the Butter Cream Yankee candle to me. Almost to a T.

I've had this one almost 2 hours, and it has yet to fade at all, which is rare for a sweet foody scent. I'm still not detecting any leather, or anything woodsy... just butter cream, vanilla, sweet foodyness.

I don't get any Perversion out of this whatsoever, although I was hoping to because that's one of my favorite GCs.

To me this smells like Jack.. it's not really pumpkin, it's more of a cinnamon/buttery scent. And the quest for a scent that truly smells like real raw pumpkin continues...

First Sniff: Buttery pumpkin with a hint of leather and teak.

On Skin: Buttery pumpkin melding with leather. Teak and orange and a little black musk round out this blend. It is hard for me to realize that the pumpkin does not last. It leaves behind it's butteryness and spice and combined with leather and orange, makes this very unusual.

Drydown: Although the pumpkin fades, this just keeps getting better. The tonka and orange, a bite of black musk and teak amp beautifully on my skin.

Final thoughts: Ahhh, totally bottle worthy. A decant will not be enough.

Edited by Schmoozy

I smell buttery pumpkin in the imp, which settles down a lot when it dries. I can't really pick out any notes after that, especially not any from the description. I can somewhat see the Perversion comparison, but this blend is very foody to me. Overall, it's a sweet, pretty pumpkin blend that lasts all day!

Wet, it smells mostly of pumpkin. As it dries, the pumpkin takes a backseat, content to meld with the leather and the musk. It's mildly sweet, spicy and the leather makes it just a bit naughty. This may turn out to be my fall scent of choice.

Starts off all buttery pumpkin when wet and then quickly fades to a vague pumpkin-skin musk scent. Not a standout in my book, sadly, but then I'm still looking for Pumpkin Queen II !!

:P Of the entire pumpkin patch this year, Pumpkin II is the only one besides the Needle where I can sniff the bottle and say "I SMELL PUMPKIN", which is the whole point of the pumpkin patch for me--I'm nutso over pumpkin scents. I absolutely adore this pumpkin; the buttery richness of the pumpkin is tempered by the tang of the woods and the bite of the leather.

I hope this isn't too risque, but to me, Pumpkin II smells like bondage in the middle of a pumpkin patch.

AND I LOVE IT. hubbahubba.gif

popcorn! he got it. there is a distinct popcorny note in this.

wait, back up:

in imp: foodie, spicy, pumpkiny, smells like a candle at michaels. not impressed, maybe the man will like.

wet: buttery pumpkin spice popcorn

that almost immediately turns into something light yet foodie, maybe the kitchen just after everything's been taken out and the ovens are cooling.

wow. i did not expect to like this at all (again, it's for the man) as i don't like foodie smells *especially* pumpkin. this ones light, and kind of buttery, warm, and cheery...without crossing over into a sickly sweet hallmark moment complete with holiday scented candles. i think the light throw is what keeps it in the realm of yummy for me. i'll try it on hubby tomorrow but if he's not into it i'll keep the amp and think on whether i need a bottle, or just a couple more imps. mmmmmm.....

Yum.

Buttery pumpkin with vanilla and teak and a whiff of leather. Sounds odd but it is really good.

My husband says it smells like popcorn. And he says "who wants to smell like popcorn?"

Me. :P

Not as much of the fan of the super-buttery pumpkin note in this one....I got a faint whiff of leather when I first applied, but now I just smell sweet popcorn.

Meh, not for me.

2 out of 5

ADDED Nov. 22:

The pumpkin in this scent really sticks around, it's dominating the blend. Very much like pumpkin pie, buttery and warm.

I can also detect the musk and a hint of leather.

It's good, but very foodie. I guess I don't love pumpkin as a perfume, I probably shouldn't try Pumpkin Patches haha

In the decant: Yummy,thick caramel.Smells like gluttony in the bottle.

Pumpkin II starts out with a beautiful and yummy caramel note mixed with creamy butter and some woods in the background.After a couple of minutes it turns into a mix of leather (in the background) with the pumpkin barely peeking through the dark notes.I get a whiff of something delicious that I can't quite put my finger on.I'm guessing it's the tonka beans?It's yummy,definately creamy and rich.It's foody,yet dark and autumn-y.I'm so sad I didn't buy a bottle of this.I definately need a bottle,it's just divine!

This one stays a true pumpkin scent on me. It's mildly spicy and there's a nice buttery note in the background (and a hint of the popcorn that others have mentioned.) I never have smelled the leather, which a a small disappointment but doesn't ruin the smell for me. It seems to smell the same in the imp and on my skin, which is a good thing.

I love this scent! It will make a nice winter scent for me, and I plan to get a bottle.

To me this is a light blend of pumpkin, tonka, with a gorgeous musk and just a touch of teak. I can almost not believe there is leather in this! it's usually too heavy of a note to suit me well.

This is unexpectedly lovely.

This is one of the first scents I've tried that has the leather accord in it and it actually smells like leather on me! I am totally elated, but it gets better - the pumpkin is rich, smooth, and melds beautifully with the leather and rich spiciness I'm getting. A bit sweet and dark and just a little naughty.

On the long drydown, I had an exchange with a friend -

Me: "It's like picking out pumpkins at the patch in your leather jacket!"

Her: *sniffs* "Or dancing in the patch in your bondage dress!"

I like her assessment better. :P This is divine and I'm so happy I got a bottle!

I tried this one on at willcall and kept sniffing it. To me, it felt like middle ground between last year's P3 and P5, both of which I adore. I bought my bottle, and it smelled completely different than the lab's so I don't know if I mixed it up or if the blend was different.

Anyway, the final bottle was definately leather and pumpkin on me. More of a real pumpkin rather than a sweet or spicy one. Sadly, my body really amps leather, so this just didn't do it for me.

I had only picked up a partial decant of this originally to complete my Pumpkin Patch set and did not expect to like because Bpal's leather usually goes horribly awry on my skin. But to my complete shock, this turned out to be my favourite of all the halloweenies. I cannot believe how much I love it - it's really nice! :P

The leather note is surprisingly mild. It's like you're wearing a soft, smooth, sweet (but not too sweet) pumpkin scent and your favourite well-worn black leather jacket.

ps. I definitely don't get buttered popcorn from this.