Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Dandelion, white clover, balsam fir logs, and birchwood switches.

The dandelion and clover combination is very pretty and green. It's a little sharp wet and in the imp, but then softens as it dries on the skin. I can see why people would find this soapy, but to me, it smells more like outside...in a good way. I think this would make a lovely spring and summer scent. I don't really need a bottle, but I will definitely enjoy my decant.

I kinda like this - I think the combination of clover/dandelion makes it smell slightly melony on my skin. It's got that fresh, slightly aquatic, cool greeness that I tend to associates with blends that contain melon. Underneath you can smell a bit of fir and something woody.

It's young, playful and I think a little boy smelling of this would be great. Hm... I happen to have my stepson this weekend... *plot plot*

The School-House smelled really fresh and green, like sweet clover, in the imp and wet, but once it dries on my skin the balsam comes out and it's this weird mix of winter scents (the fir) and summer scents (the other stuff). I amp trees (lol) so this could just be me.

Dry, it's Irish Spring with an herbal edge. Where did that come from? I mean, it's a GOOD smell, just a weird ending for that scent. Not a keeper for me.

This is a scent that I can wear to work - a fairly quiet, pleasant, green scent. I love the dandelion, but it doesn't overpower the mix. This is gently sweet - a nice summery smell! It has pretty good staying power on me, too - a lot of scents disappear quickly, but this one stays around for several hours.

It smells like a cologne in the bottle. On, it has an astringent "sunblock" note to it, and there's a mellow powderiness. Basically, it's like a sexy cologne on the boy next door...attractive, but not devastatingly so, and ultimately comforting in its masculinity.

Oh. What a surprise. Move over doom and gloom, The School House is here to brighten things up.

Bright, green, playful and woodsy. The clover really sweetens the blend and

balsam and birchwood keep it in check. Dandelion adds a certain youthfulness.

Overall this is beautiful and such a surprise weenie.

In the vial: Sweet, with an insinuating evergreen note.

Wet: The evergreen strengthens, and there's another woody note. The base is sweet but a little flat.

Half an hour: Less sweet now, but warm. The evergreen dominates, but there's also the pungency of something else, maybe the birch? This is interesting, not as floral as I'd hoped but it hangs together well.

One hour: Mostly soft evergreen now.

Three hours: Clean, soft evergreen with a hint of floral beneath.

Five hours: At this stage, I like it very much, even though it doesn't smell like clover or birch (the two notes I wanted it for). I'll probably wear this a few times.

Initial impression:

Birch and dandelion and grass – how oddly summery.

First on:

Grassy (clover?) with dandelions.

Dry:

After about 15 mins, it's a really lovely dandelion scent – it's an optimistic and uplifting fragrance!

An hour and a half later, it's a woody dandelion scent – not as uplifting as before, but lovely and very evocative.

Finally:

I really enjoyed it, but I'm passing it on. :P

Bottle-> A bright, dandelion and clover scent. A grassy scent.

Wet-> Smells rather like a guy's soap to me. Not soapy, but that kind of scent. Slightly woodsy and unmistakably masculine. The balsam fir is obviously present.

After a while-> The dandelion has made a slight comeback, and it's again a grassy scent. Unfortunately this fades crazy fast on me, and within a few hours I'm left with nothing left. I'd have to slather this like crazy to get it to last all day.

I hoped this would be heavier on the birch and fir, but on me, it’s all dandelions and green grass. That’s unfortunate – I learned with Roadhouse that me and dandelion don’t exactly get along. It makes me sneeze. Which is sort of a shame, because this is a pretty scent. It’s spring-turning-into-summer. A fresh breeze in the air, the sun shining on a field full of the little yellow flowers. Turns a bit soapy after a few minutes. And that’s the point where I go wash it off and blow my nose. Off to swaps!

Going on, The School-House is grassy with dandelions. It stays that way through the drydown, with remarkably little metamorphosing. As time goes on, it continues to be green, weedy, and plant-like, then eventually fades into a dandelion faintness. Very nice, true to its original character, and simple.

Recaplet: Green grass and dandelions throughout.

My rating: 3 of 5 (Nice enough.)

Color impression: Grass-green and yellow.

This is delicious, if a bit too cologne-y for my tastes. There's something really sweet and luscious hiding in the background that makes me think this might be girly enough for me to wear (not that I usually go for girly scents, but I don't wanna smell like a bloke, either.) The dandelion in this is wonderful and unique, and the grass is fresh and bright green. Very lush and green blend, all grass and clovers! Verdict: Great for slathering on my guy.

This is one of my favorite scents, and one of my few multi-bottle scents. It's almost pure dandelion on me, flowers and stems and leaves all wet from last night's rain but now warming up in the afternoon sun.

Bath & body products I use with this: None, because it's too unique. I bought a bunch of unscented things from Skindecent and added The School-House for scent.

Edited by Jammies

This is a nice, refreshing scent. It's very green, obviously, and very natural. But yet it had this bite of something almost metallic and ozone-y that I dislike lingering. It also had a general "perfume" vibe to it. My nose doesn't know what caused it, but it caused it not to be a huge fan. It wasn't just solid green, it was green plus this ozone-like air to it. Which I'm not a huge fan of. Lovely, but not really for me.

I was a little concerned that this would be heavy on the woods/evergreen, but The School-House is very airy and dominated by the clover and dandelion. It reminds me a LOT of The Host of the Air.

I am pretty much in love with the milky, pale scent of dandelion, and the clover is both flower and greenery. The scent is very "fresh," but not soapy or herbal. It really is like lying in a patch of lush, gentle weeds.

However, this is such a thin, unassuming scent that I really need to slather. I don't think my decant will last long...

I have been dying to try this one for a year now! Here we go :)

In the bottle: Bitter green things with wood notes. This smells like the outdoors...the forest on the edge of a meadow on a hot summer day :wub:

Wet: Balsam fir is the first note I detect on my skin...it dominates until it finally starts to dry.

Dry: As The Schoolhouse dries I can smell clover and dandelion baking in the hot sun. The balsam fir note has now become part of the background adding a nice, woodsy feel to the blend. This smells like summer camp in the White Mountains New Hampshire! I'm sitting in the shade underneath a large conifer near my cabin, the sun is high and I'm thinking about going hiking or horseback riding.

Overall: I knew this scent would be a nostalgic one for me (which is primarily why I wanted to get my hands on a bottle) Not only does the Schoolhouse brings back so many wonderful memories, it's extremley wearable and really works well with my body chemistry. :wub2:

I have been so excited about this since I discovered its existence. The clover in Passionate Shepherd and the dandelion in roadhouse are two of my favorite bpal notes, so this is like my platonic ideal of a scent. So let's see how it goes!

Wet: Perfect. Very sharp, green dandelion stems and clover, and I think I feel a bit of woody resins deepening things but they aren't an overt presence.

Drying: Uh oh. This went through a very scary stage for me, when the fir jumped all over everything else and it smelled like sickly sweet pine sol. It was so strong I was over at my swaps page composing a lament to post with the bottle by the time it finally wore off (took about 20 minutes- patient I'm not). The clover and dandelion come back, however, softer and warmer than before. Fir does not disappear entirely but is much less of a presence, hovering close to my skin. This entire scent doesn't have a lot of throw and is actually quite delicate, which after the screaming clover note of Passionate Shepherd came as a surprise to me.

Overall, I am definitely keeping this bottle. It'll be a nice reminder of spring in winter.

Edit: Hmm, having second thoughts. The second and third times I wore this, it was cedarpalooza the whole time, which is really disappointing. :(

Edited by arsenicsauce

Wet: Hello, dandelions! :) The clover peeks out after just a moment, and it's mostly dandelions and clovers. Reminds me of laying down in a field of unmown grass in the morning, when everything is still wet and dewy.

Dry: It loses some of its character after it's dried down. It smells like morning has advanced to mid-day, and the sun is warming up and drying out the weeds and grass. The birch note intensifies and becomes dominant, while the fir stays rather close to the skin. This smells like a forest clearing, kind of. The effect is outdoorsy, but perhaps a bit too... clean.

Overall: Nice, but not revolutionary. It vaguely reminds me of a GC blend, Ochosi. The longer this stayed on my skin, the more it reminded me of men's soap.

First off, I am usually not a floral person in the least, but this scent is HEAVEN in a bottle. I loved the initial warm outdoorsy feel it brings to mind as you smell it. It is dandelions, grass, and sunshine in a bottle. I found this scent to be comforting. It is like being outside on a warm, summer day taking in the fresh cut grass and flowers. This scent has the ability to transport you to a peaceful place. :wub2: I will wear this on days I am feeling a little down. It is just plain downright BEAUTIFUL!

I think I may be in love with the dandelion note. Everything I've tried it in so far has been brilliant.

The School-House is no exception. As someone else said, this smells like when you were a small child, making chains out of flowers at recess. There's a fresh air sort of quality to it, with bleeding green stems and sweet meadow scents. I also don't get any wood at all, but I don't really miss it. This would be the kind of scent that would be at home while laying in a field of grass on a cool spring afternoon, watching the clouds go by.

Bottle: Dandelions and clover.

Wet: Beautifully blended dandelion with clover, hint of wood. Plus something a little aquatic?

Drydown: Very aquatic now, with only a slight hint of the dandelion. And something is itching the back of my throat.

Dry: And this dries into aquatic aftershave - very similar to Aqua Velva.

Would I ever wear this? No.

My rating: 1/5

This blend, starts mainly fir on me... but then, while it dries out, it becomes more and more floral...

It almost feels as if one was walking out of the woods and onto a clearing, full of grass, clover and dandelions...

Very sunny and joyful, sadly, it becomes very faint after 20 minutes or so...

Still, lovely.

Disclaimer: I'm retesting my decants from the original release in anticpation of this year's Weenies. Therefore, this is a review of the previously opened and now aged decant, after my retest.

Simply put, this is a soft green scent that is very light, with a slight soapiness. It's just as described- dandelions and clover, This would be nice for those who like lighter green scents, but it's definitely not for me.

Going through all of my BPAL scents, old and new, imps and bottles, to revisit and review (either for first time or as edit), with plans to finally have a comprehensive swap list AND wish list when I'm done. I don't remember from whom I got this imp, but it was, I'm pretty sure, as lagniappe in another purchase (it MAY have been a forum imp buy). All I know is that the imp came from a decant circle organized by TrailerTrashPrincess, but I'm not sure if I got this from her ... I believe I got it at the same time as The Ifrit. Anyway ...

IN THE IMP: Funny how so many of us are defining this as a color rather than as a note. The first thing I wrote down: "light green." I couldn't quite put my finger on the notes specifically (especially having grown up in a city) but it did bring images of walking in the fields (with dandelions) near my grandparents apartment, down by the river, in early spring.

Applied to wrist and into crook of arm.

WET: It's a combination of spring about to bloom, just ever-so-slightly fruity and pungent, combined with being in an arts and crafts room at school.

DRYDOWN: Believe it or not, this dries down to booze. Or, more specifically, beer. Not in a bad way. Not in a "this is what a bar smells like the morning after a party." But rather a "this is what a glass of good beer or maybe dandelion wine smells like after someone finished it, while it's still kind of fresh and cold." It's also got a cologne smell, but a light fresh cologne.

OVERALL: I kept this because I loved the scent so much but now I understand why I haven't worn it. It is VERY masculine. My hubby does not like to wear smellies but I am going to see if I can convince him to try this because it is a divine smell for a guy. If not, I'll pop it onto the swap list or frimp it to someone in a swap who has a guy they'd like to smell awesome.

On a scale of 1-5, a 3.5 for me but a 4+ for a guy.