Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Mist and mellow fruitfulness: mist-swirled, moss-covered bark and dry red leaves, apple pulp and knotty galangal, with poppy juice and nutmeat.

Sniff: Mossy, earthy, green

Wet: A sweetness emerges that is fruity and almost like vanilla. Now I'm getting leaves and smoke in the background. There's apple, but it's not crisp or tart. This is warm and spicy, more like baked apples than fresh ones.

Dry: This dries soft and almost buttery, with the apples fading into a more woodsy blend. This is comforting and very seasonal.

> Edit to add scent decription.

This is one of my favorite Autumn perfumes. There is a nice balance between the apple and nuts and the blend probably lends itself to being just a touch too sweet on dry down but I still love it.

Sweeter when wet, almost too sweet for me then. Something (nuts?) is borderline scary foody, but the backs off. The leaves then appear, but also unfortunately the apple disappears too. This isn't unpleasant, but there are other apple scents that I like more, and other leafy scents that I like more. It just doesn't make it through a crowded field of beautiful autumn scents to justify a bottle. Sad, as it had such potential...

Edited by biocarolyn

Imp: dirt/earthy the moss covered bark, and chocolate, or vanilla.

Wet: same as imp, but with a dry apple, I think it has a dry smell because of the leaf note. I also get a little spice, must be the nutmeg.

Dry: more of the nutmeg is comming out, turning this into an apple cider. I still get the dirt, and a creamy vanilla/chocolate.

Overall: I love this, the earthy scent from the moss, and leaves really go nice with the foodieness of this. It's very warm, and comforting.

Wow, this really is an autumn scent! I get a lot of nutmeat from this one - with fall spices. The background has that fall air note which I will assume is the 'red leaves'. It's light and rich and spicy all at the same time. It's very evocative, but I don't think I'd wear it so it will go in the swap/sales pile. It's a very soothing scent though.

Today was very much autumnal, so I got out this decant to complement the mood. And to write a review, which I didn't do before. In the bottle and wet, it was moss and nuts - two sharp, almost unpleasant notes and I am suddenly reminded that the scent of hazelnut can make me sick to my stomach. I guess I thought I'd take a gamble when I got it. But thankfully, on drydown, the nuts and moss mellow out and blend together, and the galangal and leaves show up too. I get no apple at all, maybe that's to do with the age of the decant. Turned out to be a nice scent for a day like today.

In the bottle: Pumpkin pie and bonfires, crisp autumn air.

On my skin: Autumn leaves and spiced apple cider, delicious!

Conclusions: Yum in different ways. :)

Mmmmm. I like this one. I'm generally not a fan of apple scents, but this one is startlingly beautiful. The apple smells very dry (I guess that's the dry leaves), with a hint of moss. It's a surprisingly good combination. This would be a perfect fall scent for me. I like Mum Moon a lot too, and several of the pumpkins, and this would be pretty awesome to get into that rotation.

What year was this out? 2008? Oh marvelous. I waited 7 years to try it. I bet finding a bottle is not going to be easy. Dammit. I'm not that bright.

Nutmeat 😏

Now that my inner twelve-year-old has had its say, this is a damn near perfect realistic-autumnal outdoorsy scent in the bottle. I'm getting whiffs of October walks in the Appalachians, the smell of decay and crisp air and old forests, spices and woodsmoke, the murmur of apples and pumpkins but in a mulled way. Let's see if this translates on the skin.

Mm yes, it gets a bit more mellowed out, a little sweeter and more perfumey on the skin. This is slightly more fall potpourri/candle than it was in the bottle. Will this be one to wear in a scent locket? I'm thinking that is the case. Alas! It's a beautiful scent with some hay, some mulling spice, not too crazy on the apple, more like the smell of a winery. I get a lot of the same feeling of vines, fresh growing things, bursting grapes, and then the woods of oak barrels. I'm thinking the poppy juice really comes out on the skin - to me it's like a really great mulled red wine, smooth yet spicy.

I will experiment with this in a scent locket for sure.

I would wear this while: antiquing on a cool November day.