Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Delirium1009

Sticky Pillowcase

Smushed candy corn, rock candy dust, marshmallow gunk, strawberry goo, spun blue sugar, globs of salt water taffy, and lint.

On me, this smells like watered down strawberry and watermelon Jolly Ranchers, combined with powdery confectioner’s sugar. It’s tooth-achingly sweet. Sugary, fruity, and playful. But I am surprised by how light and faint it is. I would say Hollywood Babylon is a similar scent, but with more kick.

In bottle: I swear this smells like caramel. My guess that its all the sugar. Honestly, I’m happy the sugar went caramel instead of maple syrup, which is what sugar skull does on me. So, burnt caramel, strawberry taffy, and cotton candy mostly. I can just detect marshmallow and something odd that is likely the lint. It’s not a bad sort of odd or anything. This does, in fact smell pretty much as promised. It reminds me rather of my little sister’s purchases at the candy store when she was eight. Wet: Rock candy. Soooo much sugar. Strawberry toffee, in that order of strength. The other elements emerge more slowly. This is a serious morpher though as various elements rise to the top in turn. I am really liking the lint note now that I can smell it more clearly. Weirdly, it seems to hold the fragrance together. I’m really liking the strawberry, which I wasn’t sure about at first. I had heard you can't distill strawberry so this is an approximation. It smells quite good though and if I decide thumbs up on this it will be for the playful interaction between strawberry and lint, with the charming caramel hints. I'm not sure how Ii feel about this as a fragrance to wear because it is too sugary for my taste, but I am fascinated by the interplay of elements. Dry: Mostly strawberry taffy and cotton candy.

In the imp: Strawberry candies, tart and sugary.

Wet: More of the same, nice!

Dry: AAAGH! Plastic smell way too reminiscent of the time I spilled strawberry musk all over my cool corduroy patchwork purse in 1974!! Do not want!

Never did get it out of that purse...

The strawberry definitely stands out the most to me, but it reminds me of something like a strawberry flavored candy corn if you can picture that. I was actually a little worried about the strawberry at first because strawberry oils usually go plastic on me, but it didn't go plastic at all. It's a fun sweet smell and it had decent staying power without being overbearing.

Tons of sugary candy with something in it that reminds me of Beaver Moon 2007 (the strawberry, I'm assuming) and also of La Befana minus the violet. This is definitely an accurate interpretation of a gigantic pillowcase full of Halloween candy. It also has a dusty, powdery and tart note to it. It is not at all cloying or overwhelming but it is very sweet. It's playful and fun, as trick or treating should be. I was hoping to get more of the buttery goodness of candy corn in this (mmm candy corn!) but it's more fruity than buttery. I'm hoping the candy corn and marshmallow emerges more as it ages and mellows out. Totally awesome foodie candy blend!

It smells like it should have been called Diabetic Coma :P. SO sugary, with a hit of gooey strawberry candy in the mix. It's just too crazy sweet for me...I'm going to try it again later. And maybe as a room scent, too.

I LOVE this one. :P Its eating strawberry pop rocks while folding laundry. My honey says it smells like Kool-Aid powder. I got a lot of compliments on sticky pillowcase. It has a lot of throw without being obnoxious. I want more.

Sticky Pillowcase

In the imp: strawberry flavoured hard sweets and candyfloss.

Wet on skin: sharp sour sweets and strawberry candyfloss, and a hint of linen.

Dry on skin: it’s a sugar rush, but not as sweet as I expected. I’m shocked at how tart this scent is on me. It’s mainly strawberry, but it smells like those strawberry sour sweets, this scent is almost acidic, contrasting with the sugary notes of candyfloss and bubblegum. Oddly, it also smells salty, which I’m guessing is the saltwater taffy? I also smell, surprisingly, a lot more of the pillowcase than I thought I would-there’s a clean linen scent underneath the sticky strawberry sugar. And then at times I get whiffs of the candy corn-the same caramelised popcorn-y scent from Trick or Treat, but this is very fleeting.

After a while: this then smells very much like Beaver Moon 07, a very similar strawberry note, like strawberry sugar…but then I realise this actually this smells a lot like Bloody Mary now. It has that same lollipop smell to it…it smells like I’ve smeared a sticky strawberry lollipop on my skin. I’m tempted to lick my wrist now! Thankfully at this point the sourness is a lot less apparent, I also don’t get much lint/linen. There’s a hint of marshmallow, very faint, in here too.

The scent then completely loses that sourness and becomes a little too sweet. it reminds me of Treat 1 now actually, but maybe a little more sugary, less fruity? This is almost pure lollipops on me now, strawberry lollipops with a bubblegum filling.

Verdict: I was expecting this to be very, very sweet. I was actually surprised by how sharp it was, even sour. Like sour sweets. The strawberry note here is a bit artificial, but that’s to be expected because this smells like sweets. But I think I’m amping the scent of the pillowcase itself, as it smells a bit like a clean ozone scent, almost salty, but leaning towards laundered linen. But where’s the marshmallow and candy corn? It does improve at drydown when it smells less sour, and turns to a Bloody Mary-style lollipop scent, like I’ve licked a strawberry lollipop and rubbed it on my skin. This isn’t a caramel sugar scent (unlike Gooey Pillowcase, which I prefer), this is a white/pink sugar scent with fruity sharpness. Sadly, it’s too sour at the start and tooth-aching at the end for me to really like it…maybe if it were a little creamy or vanilla-y, I’d prefer it.

Emoticon rating: :P

Is it a keeper? No.

If you like this, try: Sugar Skull, MB Bloody Mary, Bon Vivant, Beaver Moon 07, Xanthe

Interesting how my nose reacts differently. I get pure white sugar from this scent (granuated, not powdered), no strawberry, no linen.

To me this smells as much like white sugar as Sugar Skull does brown sugar. Love it, but it makes my teeth ache.

In the bottle this is super sweet smelling sugar withe strawberries.

On application: there are the strawberries and sugar.

On drydown: much the same. Everything blends together perfectly to make a pile of candy with a hint of extra strawberry candy on top of it. Yum.

In the bottle you get sugary, sweet goodness....

Strawberry and marshmallow are mainly the two notes I get - but there is a bit of a caramel aspect to it...

Wet on the skin...

Mmmmm strawberry candies! Oooo I love this!!!

Once it dries down, it kinds of smells like a candy apple...but with strawberries...and sugar...and...just delicious!

I'm kicking myself now for not ordering more bottles of this one :P

in vial: yummy carmel and berries

wet: even stronger gooey carmel with a hint of berries. Berry scent is rising.

dry: carmel tends to be the strongest lasting note. The berries have faded behind.

You know, I was expecting this to be like Midway: Resurrected, changing from cotton candy to funnel cakes to caramel apples with all the different candy listed. Instead, I get a mix of two of the notes, blue spun sugar and strawberry goo. And it's so lovely................... I sit in my chair and i'm drunk with how delicious I smell.

Side note, if you can't find this scent, Candy Phoenix turns exactly the same on my skin.

Edited by RaeiNarcissus

I tested this yesterday while getting to bed....;

It is a nice young and pink scent, I defenitly got the caramelised sugar and some fruitiness.

I have to say that I drifted off before full drydown : I had some remembrance of being young and having a stash of candy hidden away so mum and dad wouldn't know, my bedside table would waft sugary smells like this strangely mixed with some lipstick I shouldn't have because I'm to young and my first perfume leaking a bit .... so I fell asleep feeling young and innocent !

Nice smell and I love how it can evoke such images !

I had to try this for the name alone! WOW! Simply put, this smells like anti-freeze and fruit punch. It also reminds me of 7th St. & Nicollet in Downtown Minneapolis, outside of the Candyland store. Deeply infused with ultra-sweet caramel.

This is so cute XD

VERY SUGARY, has the granules of white sugar all over it. There's also some artificially colored pink/blue fruitiness, strawberries or maybe watermelon or something, slightly watery and even verging on sharp on my skin despite all that sweetness. I wasn't expecting realistic Natural Flavors anyway.

I never would have believed it until finding the Lab, but there really is clean white cotton in this! Even though it's so strong on the sugar, the linen note adds a special twist.

Conceptually I love it, but I absolutely can't wear this. So sweet that it hurts after a couple minutes, and I'm not very drawn to "fresh" notes as it is, so the candy isn't helping. <_< A nice one to experience, but that's as far as I can go.

initial sniff: smells like raspberry kool-aid powder (yuck!)

on skin: still with the raspberry kool-aid powder, and now with the added WTFness of a plasticky strawberry fruit roll up.

i think my bottle only got the blue sugar and strawberry goo - and none of the other yummy things :(

In the bottle –Unsurprisingly sweet; strawberries, molten sugar and something of the Lush ‘Rock Star’ scent

Wet on me – A sharp fruitiness comes out from underneath all the sweetness. There is something oddly clean about it all

Dry on me – It’s all molten sweetie goodness, but for some reason it never quite melds; it just sits off the surface of my skin

Overall – I’m going to have to experiment wit this, because on paper I should love it and I can’t work out why it isn’t working for me

wow, when you open this up its sweet! like strawberries, bubblegum, candycorn and all of that mixed in a bowl. applied, i get a lot of strawberries rolled in sugar. wet - strawberries and BUBBLEGUM??? overall: love this, thank god i bought the bottle but it does smell a lot like one of britney spears scents. sweet/clean smelling. i love it.wow, when you open this up its sweet! like strawberries, bubblegum, candycorn and all of that mixed in a bowl. applied, i get a lot of strawberries rolled in sugar. wet - strawberries and BUBBLEGUM??? overall: love this, thank god i bought the bottle but it does smell a lot like one of britney spears scents. sweet/clean smelling. i love it.

When I first put it on, this is a lightweight fruit-candy scent. Upon drydown, however, it turns sour on me (a number of sweet scents do this on me). But just when I think all is lost and the scent is a wash, the sour stage ends, and on the other side is a tart hard candy scent. It's much fainter at this point, but a clearer scent. Over time, it becomes fainter and fainter to the point where I eventually don't smell it anymore. This only lasts about half a day on me.

Recaplet: Fruity hard candy that lasts a half day.

My rating: 2 of 5 (Meh.)

Color impression: Hard-candy pink.

Oh, gross. Strawberry cough syrup :( this makes me so SAD, because good strawberry scents are so hard to come by, and I thought maybe Sticky Pillowcase might be the exception, but my damn skin just turns it to COUGH SYRUP. Boozy, nausea-inducing cough syrup.

Om-nom! Got a sample of this from Neyahala, and I ended up buying her bottle when she went to sell it!

In the bottle...it's super-sticky-strawberry sweet! It's a sugar rush in a bottle! Before I had Floating Brain, this was my get-up-and-go scent for work, seriously.

On me...I can picture what was described by the lab...only i have a hard time imagining the candy corn. I definetly get the rock candy dust and the strawberry goo, and maybe a bit of the marshmallow gunk. I can totally see/smell the blue sugar and the saltwater taffy...this is also a scent that wears for a wonderful amount of time on me, and it's a real pick-me-up!

This is awesomely candy-sweet. It's strawberry candy with a hint of...maple? Is that what that note is? Maybe it's caramel, as someone upthread detected. Regardless, this is very delicious and innocent. It seems like the perfect scent to give to a little (but not TOO little) girl to enable her to BPAL.

It's also quite similar to Candy Phoenix. CP's strawberry note blends with the other candy notes, but many have noted the similarity between SP and CP before. Since I already have a bottle of Candy Phoenix, I'll remain content with my decant of Sticky Pillowcase.