Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Delirium1009

Sticky Pillowcase

Smushed candy corn, rock candy dust, marshmallow gunk, strawberry goo, spun blue sugar, globs of salt water taffy, and lint.

This is nice- it is completely Jolly Rancher grape candy!! Now it isn't headache inducing- just faint enough to be totally wearable!

:sad-face: I have wanted to try a BPAL marshmallow scent for ages not having had a chance to try Marshmallow Pouf. But Sticky Pillowcase is all strawberry sweets all of the time until a couple of hours into the drydown when it becomes the smell of clean cotton sheets someone has drooled strawberry candy on as they've gone to sleep :P Beth has captured that bit of the scent really well, but I wanted marshmallows!

I love this one. I mainly smell strawberry. Not fresh strawberry, but definitely high-sugar strawberry candy (yum). I can even smell the lint, but it's very faint, and serves to mellow the scent down just slightly, so that it's not TOO sweet. Of all the scents I have so far, this one certainly smells the happiest. :P

In the bottle: sweeeet, fruity and creamy - like Creepy with added strawberry candy!

Wet on skin: a cross between MB:Bloody Mary and Creepy. Strawberry chewy sweets - the sort with a consistency like plastic!

Dry on skin: this is a very sweet, fun, light and fizzy scent. It also has a slightly perfumy quality to it, so it's quite wearable. After a few hours it loses its sharpness and becomes creamy candy, with a dry note underneath that is clearly the cotton pillowcase!

This is.. kind of a hard to describe mixture.

I definitely get the strawberry. It's slightly plasticky, but since it's more of a background note on my skin, it's not too bad. I get another note that I can only describe as the spun blue sugar because it SMELLS blue. :P If I sniff too deeply, I get entirely strawberry plastic, but if I just get a whiff, I get some of the salt water taffy note, I think.

Overall, it's like a toothache for me. Keeping the imp for snacks. :D, but probably not worth a bottle as it's not something I'd reach for that often.

Edited by sideviewhotel

I had hoped for marshallow. Got sticky, plasticky strawberry instead. Then the strawberry dried down into a kind of powdery sweet-tart smell. Ack. No marshmallow in sniff at all.

To swaps it goes!

A.

This was not quite what I was expecting. It's not nearly as foody as I had anticipated, and is a rather subdued berry scent (though I don't quite get strawberry, just a faint sort of berry scent) and caramel. It's pretty light from the start on my skin and dries into a faint scent that almost has a floral note to it (hard to describe as it does not remind me of a specific floral, but instead is just sort of vaguely fruity floral in vibe). My skin eats this unfortunately and it's gone completely in 20 minutes.

In the decant:Mmmmm...sugary heaven.Did I mention how much I love the BPAL sugar note?I wanna live in a house made out of BPAL's sugar note!!

On,wet:To my surprise this isn't the sickly and sticky sweet scent I thought it would be.It's yummy.Foody?Yes.Candy like?Yes.Is it sticky?No.It's like a grown up bag of candy.

Later on:On me Sticky Pillowcase smells like Sugar Skull with some red fruit,which I guess i's berry and raspberry.It's just lovely,soft with a tangy candy effect and sweet.IMHO Sugar Skull is more sugary and at times it gets cloyingly sweet,but this one doesn't.It's yummy,fruity-sugary-tangy candy goodness.

An hour or so later:The sugary note has softened and it's in the background.The prominent notes I get now is strawberry,lemon and berry.I get a picture of a frosted glass of lemonade with berry and strawberry juice in it that give it a red color.

Verdict:Definately a keeper.Why was I so stupid as to not buy a bottle of this???Need one or two before it's gone.

Edited by Vespar

In the bottle: Strawberry syrup. Gooey and thick and cloying.

On, wet: I put this on this morning but didn't get a chance to take notes, but as I remember it was pretty much the same, less cloying and more just sugary.

Dry: The berry note backs the hell off and goes from bright red to a sugary pink, with some straight sugar and possibly a marshmallow note cushioning and softening it.

This is really pretty when it gets to the drydown, but it's really very strong when I apply and takes a long time to get there. I don't know if the final stage is compelling enough to keep it around when there are a lot of sweet foody scents that are nicer more immediately.

Oh god, this is candy alright. The best description for me is strawberry rock candy. It's got the strawberry and the sugar, and just a hint of plastic to it on me.

Nuts. I *really* wanted to love this. On WC it was awesome, but its possible that I mixed a few scents up here and there.

To me this one is pretty much strawberry saltwater taffy. It's sticky, gooey sweet candy, but not the sort that makes my teeth ache just to smell it. I'm one of those people who cannot wear caramel, it turns to salt on me (even Red Lantern is starting not to work anymore, sadly), and while this does have a slight hint of salt, it's not the overpowering SALT that caramel becomes. It's just a tiny touch that seems to belong, and at the same time temper the sweetness. I'll definitely be keeping the bottle of this!

If caramel and sugary scents usually don't work on you, try this one, it just might work.

To me it's pretty much "many kinds of berry" Laffy Taffy in the vial. Wet at first there's a hint of salt water taffy and what might be a rock-candy scent, but both those fade fast on me and leave nothing but Laffy Taffy and a hint of clean cotton when it dries. I like it, but it's not quite what I was hoping for.

Yup, I get the fruity SweetTarts thing too, but there's enough soft cotton to keep it from going all cloying and nasty. I'll definitely keep the imp, but I don't think it's bottle worthy!

Doesn't quite smell like an upended Halloween bag, cause the bags generally have some chocolate in there!

If you like foody/sweet, this is a good one. Stawberry, sugar, and caramel, and a little cotton linen keeping things clean. It's kin to Sugar Skull, but the strawberry and cotton really makes this one pop and make it more intriguing.

Wet, this is a strawberry, waxy scent, very reminscent of the tube lip gloss that you can buy. The strawberry is definitely not "real", but rather fake. A half hour later, this scent has morphed into something a little more wearable. It is somewhat reminiscent of Pink Sugar, for those that like that scent, me included, but more sweet and waxy. I think this one is a little too sweet for me.

:P

When I read the description for this I said...yup...I'm getting that immediately, if not? Sooner!

How could I resist that description?

Ok so, this smells more fruity in the bottle than it does on the skin, when wet..it's a lighter version of sugar skull..that was hella strong brown burnt sugar on me. This is lighter with s strawberry background. It's effing gorgeous! I just strolled into work and my colleague said Tom...you smell like a sweet shop. So..I probed...and I said what do you mean? And he said..you smell like when you stand near the pick n' mix counter in a department store! This filled me with glee haha!

The slightly burnt sugaryness dies down after a while, and lets the strawberry though a bit more. I adore this stage of it. And I'm hoping for this marshmallow to make a massive appearance!

Taffy? I'm not getting sadly...but there is something else poking through...it smells like Cotton Candy to me, like the fruit stripe cotton candy gum. This is mixed with the strawberry and the light burnt sugar. This is so much fun and soooo sweet I can see why it gives people a toothache just thinking about it! To me? This is brilliant and it's turning me into a foody. BPAL foody scents are winning me over recently when, before I didn't really care much for them!

There's definately marshmallow in here, my colleague just said...you smell like "Flumps". When I walked past which..are MARSHMALLOWS!!

So this is a winner! Must have more!

Sweet sweet sweet! I get no lint...or anything else. Just a whole lot of yumness! :D

Sticky Pillow Case is the first BPAL I've bought a bottle of without testing. I was scared.

When I first put it on I was upset. It smelled like I walked into a Yankee Candle Store during fall. All I could smell was caramel pumpkin and fake wood. I waited and then it turned into... The most gloriously lovely creamy caramel apple, spun sugar autumn smelling thing ever. It smells like sticking my head into a bag of Halloween candy (sans chocolate of course). I don't smell strawberry, and if I do it's only faintly. There is a brief plastic phase but it hits me that it's more reminiscent of plastic in the bag rather than a fault in the perfume.

There is a Bath and Bodyworks Pumpkin Pie Spice thing working in there but that goes away pretty quickly.

I am in love love love love. I have my fall scent.

Well, here goes my first shot at a bpal review! I've dipped into seven different imps so far, but this one seems the easiest to define for me, so I'll call it good practice. :P

In the bottle, this smells like every kind of sugary, syrupy treat mushed into one tiny vial. A diabetic's Halloween nightmare. But it's also a warm kind of sweetness with an almost maple-like undertone to my nose. I see where the "caramelized sugar" comparison comes from.

After dabbing it lightly on my wrists, some of the complexity started to come out. I can't pick out the strawberry note specifically, but I think it might be part of what keeps the blend from too sickly-sweet for me. It's a well-balanced blend that smells much nicer than I thought it would.

Throughout the day, I got a pleasant whiff of sweetness that, dare I say, was almost sophisticated. Not something I'd feel silly wearing to work. It doesn't seem to have much throw, but it lasted on my wrist for quite some time. Glad I got to try this.

I really like this. It's not too sweet, to me, and I don't really get the fizziness that others have mentioned. Being Scottish I've never tried candy corn, but I'd guess that's the main scent I get from it - it reminds me a little of caramel popcorn, but without the plastic scent that that sometimes has. It's quite smooth and clean, maybe because of the 'lint' background. It also lasts well on me. Definitely bottleworthy. My boyfriend complimented me on it when I wore it, and he's usually oblivious to my bpal, so it's a winner there too. :P

when i read this description it was a must have. i'm really into perfumes that are pure candy and i had high hopes for this one. there's just something about all the bpal scents that i've tried that makes them not what i hope they would be. i like more "girly" scents and bpal is so "womanly" to me. i wanted to like this but i almost don't. sounds like i'm going to have to wait until it morphs some but right now as i've had it on for like ten minutes i smell strawberry but it's sophisticated strawberry. and i also smell some candy corn but i'm going to wait a bit before i totally dismiss it.

In the bottle, this is sweet-sour strawberry candy. I can almost taste this! But I'm not sure I want to smell like sour strawberry candy.

When applied to my skin, the sweet/sour strawberry amps and then starts to fade a little. Now I can smell the rock candy and the spun blue sugar along with the strawberry goo.

Oooooh, as this dries it gets even better. This is what I wanted Sugar Skull to be like on me, and Sugar Skull was more brown sugar and toffee-ish than just straight-up sugar. I do get a hint of that Sugar Skull-esque brown sugar, but it's underneath the lighter sugar notes. This is so fun - the fruitiness of the strawberry (and do I detect that the blue sugar is blue raspberry flavored?) comes back out in the drydown. This is truly the scent of gobs and gobs of Halloween candy! I wasn't sure how this would work out on me - I've recently been drifting away from the super-sweet, and I was afraid that it would turn to plastic or the lint note would amp on me. Not so! :P

However, this is not just a screaming sugar high - this is a really wearable perfume. It's sweet, but the sour hint to the strawberry keeps it from being toothachingly sweet. It also helps that the throw is quite low on me - it keeps the perfume from becoming overpowering. It is bright, almost sparkly, and an incredibly happy scent.

I tried this one last night at the Whole Foods; it wasn't what I expected!

It's complex, even though it was quite sweet. I didn't smell the strawberry or the candy corn in particular, but the scent was subtly different from a straight sugar scent. I really enjoyed it, but I doubt I'll buy it; my husband said it was only "okay."

What does HE know? maybe I'll get a decant...

Sweet. Sugary. This is where sugar goes to roll around in more sugar and have sugary fun. The sweetness of this blend is overwhelming to me -- I like sweetness from time to time, but this really is like I rolled around in rock sugar and it's sticking to me.

It isn't for me, but if you're a sweet/sugar lover, you need to acquire this. Possibly in large amounts. :P

This blend to me is strawberry hard candies. That's all I can smell, but it's not bad. It's not something I'll wear all the time, and definitely not what I was expecting from the description. I'm going to decant an imp of it for a friend, who loves candy smells and see what she thinks of it. I've got another bottle of it coming that I think I might try to swap for something else, because this isn't a scent I see myself hording. It almost smells....cotton candyish...