Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Delirium1009

Sticky Pillowcase

Smushed candy corn, rock candy dust, marshmallow gunk, strawberry goo, spun blue sugar, globs of salt water taffy, and lint.

Thick and syrupy in the imp. It's almost molasses sweet at first and finishes with a fruity, Nerds-esque note.

Wet on skin, the fruity fades momentarily and the sugar takes on a browned or almost burnt sort of smell, then they combine and this becomes really sweet fruity cotton candy. It's light and fluffy and while it's wafting around it's sort of like catching a whiff of the stuff while it's being spun at a fair. This is *awesome*! Someone mentioned that there are two parts to this scent: the caramel-y dark sugar and the bright, fluffy fruit. For me, they never blend. Every sniff starts in that dark space and ends light and fluffy. Did I mention awesome? I can only imagine how this will age. I think I need to get a bottle and find out.

Eventually it mellows out a bit and stops flipping between thick and syrupy and fluffy lightness. It's still gorgeous and I'm so glad I have the imp, at least.

Edited to add scent description. Edited by Shollin
fixed BPAL tags

Sticky Pillowcase-

In Bottle: Tart strawberry.

Wet: Strawberry candy. There's a whiff of something...not quite musty, but a hint of dust. Is that the lint smell we were promised? I'm not sure, it might just be an after-effect of the fruit.

Dry: A pink sugar scent begins to overtake the strawberry, and so does the tartness until it's tart fruitiness that tries to disguise itself as other fruits. First it wants to convince you that it's lime, but it's not, it's still strawberry but tart tart tart. Then maybe fruit punch, maybe grape, but it's really strawberry just trying to fool ya. If you like fruity candy scents that aren't too sweetly cloying and are just a bit subtle, this should be right up your alley. It works great for me!

Overall: Yummy! A serious keeper.

Wet in bottle - All that candy and then some - strawberry, blue sugar and candy corn are the most prevalent. The lint element keeps it from being sickly sweet, however.

Wet on skin - Sugary marshmallow, strawberry, blue sugar and the linty undertone.

Dry on skin - Sugary candies and strawberry. The lint adds a very faint sour note in a red wine sort of way. Its foodie and pleasant.

Very candy scent.

I get rock candy and strawberry, along with something that's an awful lot like brown sugar. Reminds me a lot of ground hard candy dust. The lint is there, though not right at the top. This actually smells, to me, like a fruit-candy candle from Yankee Candle Co. or similar. It's a yummy enough scent, but it's something I'd want to burn, not wear. I will stick with Sugar Skull, but this was a lot of fun to try :P

ETA: I think the "brown sugar" note I was getting is actually the candy corn.

Edited by lostluckkitten

My first review ever, but this one warranted stepping up and giving it a try.

I received my Halloweenie decants this morning and as soon as I eased the lid off Sticky Pillowcase a huge involuntary grin spread over my face. This has NEVER happened when sniffing before. Not even paying attention to the notes, I immediately got that sticky sweet candy corn smell.

On skin: I used to think I was not too much of a foody. Not too much of a foody? What the heck am I saying? I'm totally a foody. haha Sticky Pillowcase = yum!! After looking at the notes, I figure it must be the marshmallow or candy corn in there that is really standing out, 'cause on my skin it smells like buttery caramel corn and cotton candy's love child. So scrumptious I can feel the cavities forming just sniffing it and oh, I can't stop sniffing it!! 5ml want list for sure. mhmm. Maybe two! :P

I too received Sticky Pillowcase, and tried it yesterday and today. It is a sweet scent without being too sweet. I seem to pick up the strawberry and pink sugar when I wear it, not so much of the lint. It is a perfect scent for when I want a bit of sweet scent, but one I can wear to work too. I like it so much, that I bought a full-sized bottle today.

In the bottle this smells sticky and sweet. When I put it on and for the first 20 minutes or so, all I smell like is lint. Yep, lint. That wee little drop of dirty cotton at the end of the list of sugary notes is what dances about on my skin. Thankfully, the little bugger is beaten down and the rest of the folks can come out to play. For a while it smells like lollipops which must be the strawberry goo but eventually it settles down to a mouthwatering blend of spun blue sugar and strawberry. Like fruity cotton candy! Yum yum.

GAH. I was positive I was going to adore this one, but unfortunately I get too much of the Pillowcase and not enough of the Sticky! I do get a bit of fruity candy, but unfortunately the cottony smell stands out, and I'm just not big on smelling like linen. *LESIGH* Off to the out-box with this one .... :P

I got to try this last night at a MnS.

Straight-up Kool-Aid powder. You know, from the packet, sans sugar, and you sniff it, and it lingers on the back of your tongue? Like that for me. Others in the group ended up liking it, and getting the sugar and sweetness, but not me. :P Not one I'll be needing.

In the imp: Strawberry rock candy and rum (that's what I get from it anyways!).

Wet: Tropical cotton candy, strawberry candy, a hint of candy corn and a wee bit of marshmellow.

Dry: There's a dusty smell on top (the lint, I assume), but it still smells like good candy.

Overall: It's a fun scent to wear and it makes me crave sweets! I know I wouldn't wear this everyday, though. Also, I like this more than some of the other candy-type scents that I've tried before (like Xanthe).

Sticky Pillowcase is like a mix of Sugar Moon and Treat #1 for me. It starts off like musky sugar and dries down to zingy lime sugar. I was hoping that this would be saltwater taffy and marshmallow on me, but I guess all I get is the 'rock candy dust' and 'spun blue sugar.' I hope that the rock candy dust has lime in it, because I get tons of lime from this scent, lol.

This has a lot of throw on me for the first couple hours of wear. After that, I can smell it all day, but only if I press my nose up against my skin & get close to it. I'm glad to have a bottle of this, since I recently ran out of Treat #1, and this is a similar scent.

Sticky Pillowcase is nice, but just not amazing. It just sort of smells like sugar - and not the deep sugar of Mitzvah, just a light, silly sugar. It has a bit of a creamy undertone, but not enough to make it last for very long. After an hour, I have trouble smelling it at all on my skin.

Wet: Sweetness. Maybe even caramel sweetness, definitely not fruity. Can't pick out any individual notes. I'm crossing my fingers that the candy corn comes out!

Dry: Eventually this turns into strawberry Laffy Taffy, or a close approximation - sweet, light, fluffy artificial strawberry. Not much throw. I like it, but I'd never wear it.

Wet, I smell strawberry candy. However the strawberry doesn't stick around on me.

Drying, it turns into sugar, with just a hint of fruit waaaay in the back. I might also be smelling the lint, maybe.

Throw is light to moderate on me. A nice wearable scent, and not overpowering or cloying.

Mmmmm. Not nearly as sweet as I was expecting, but quite nice. I get a bit of booziness (?!?!) and oddly enough I get the blue spun sugar too. Very pale, powdery blue. I'd bet my bottom dollar there's just a drop of lavender in this. I get no fruit, no strawberry, which makes me sad.

Actually, in a blind-sniff test I would have guessed this was from the Atomic Luau Lounge.

I like it. I'm not sure if I'll get a full bottle though because I'm currently swimming in a lot of sugary, sweet, foody scents. If it had strawberry for me, I probably would.

The label is cute and I adore the concept of this scent.

First Sniff: I think I may have a mislabelled sugar skull??

On Skin: Sweet, caramel, strawberry, and brown sugar...

I really am getting a sugar skull vibe that is hard to shake. It's a little sweeter, maybe stickier?

Drydown: The sweetness fades away, and I am left with a hint of berry and caramel, and a pleasant musky note that really meshes with my skin chemistry. I can see the comparision to Sugar Moon.

Final thoughts: This one is odd. I really like it, but it isn't anything like the notes from the description. I am going to have to retest at a later date.

Bottle: Strawberry syrup and taffy.

Wet: Total sugar rush. Mostly strawberry and caramel.

Dry: It seems to hit the dry phase quickly. The sugar is light and non-distinct and joined by a bit of fresh cotton.

Verdict: Bought for a candy scent loving friend's birthday. I think she will enjoy it. Not something I would personally wear.

Wet: strawberry syrup

On skin: sugar jolt, with a teeny hint of the "burnt sugar" of Sugar Skull

Half-hour later: almost gone! A bit of the blue sugar and strawberry remains

In conclusion: others have mentioned Sugar Moon and I agree, especially the wispy ending. Cute description too!

Oh, this totally smells like La Befana's fruity cousin, who is also related to MB: Bloody Mary! I don't know how else to describe it! It's strawberry sweet but with a zing, and with a dusty finish. Where La Befana was violet'ish MB: Bloody Mary has made a stand in in Sticky Pillowcase.

I think I might just keep a bottle!

Not as sweet as expected, not necessarily a bad thing, either :]

Definite similarity to Sugar Skull(I LOVE Sugar Skull!)- the same sweetish smokiness that I get from SS with fresh strawberries added for good measure. A touch of toasty marshmallow, a hint of saltwater taffy, and the other notes blended to add a soft kiss of sweetness, but not *too* much, and under it all, a barely there tease of dusty cotton.

Wonderful throw and it stays with me for HOURS =)

Also reminds me a tad of Pink Moon '05.

Keeper!!

It's like someone took a bucket of newly picked strawberries and a pail of sugar and hurled the contents overhead and it rained down as sparkling pink glitter. The sugar note is white sugar (similar to the note in Hope and Faith and Sugar Moon) rather than brown sugar (Sugar Skull). It has the fizzy drink quality of Jailbait and the cheekiness of Pink Phoenix. For the lovers of sweet, ambrosial fruit, this is a pleasure. Strawberry is a happiness bearing note for me. I don't find Sticky Pillowcase impossibly foodie. The berries taste picked not smushed down, dehydrated into a chewy rectangle and mummified in plastic with a child magnet logo. The strawberries have life in them.

Oh man, this is yummy!!!! I love to eat strawberries dipped in brown sugar (sometimes it looks more like a clump of brown sugar held together by a smidgeon of red fruit!!!) and this smells just like that!!! yet it's perfectly balanced by the cotton note that keeps it really fresh instead of heavy and cloying...

the throw isn't really strong on me but my chemistry's been a bit shite lately, but the verdict is quick and definite - i lovelovelove this!!! :P

Wet this is very sugary and reminds me strongly of sugar moon. It's a bit cloying for me, but shortly after it's aplied it really blossoms into a lovely fresh strawberry and sugar scent which lasts for hours.

My Halloweenies are here, and Sticky Pillowcase is the first one I'm testing--I feel like a kid in a candy store. :D This is one of those rare scents that I wanted for the concept, whether or not it's exactly "me"...it's just too much fun to miss out. The label on the bottle is cute--gold-wrapped candies in a pillowcase with little handprints on it! Now for the sniffing...

In the bottle, Pillowcase is light fruity candy over brown sugar; I see what everyone means about the brown sugar--that's just what it smells like. On me, it's a very "bright" scent: not terribly strong, but delicate and a little tart--like Sweetarts, in fact. Not really all that sweet, but fresh and playful and, somehow, pink and blue! :P I don't get candy corn from it, and the brown sugar in the bottle vanishes on my skin. It's like a better version of Princess or one of those perfumes marketed to younger girls--pretty and not heavy at all. I'd wear it for a date that's somewhere fun and casual, like the carnival or State Fair (which we just went to, actually). Or for trick-or-treating, naturally. :D