Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Delirium1009

Sticky Pillowcase

Terminal sugar rush. A little goblin's candy bag, upended.

Smushed candy corn, rock candy dust, marshmallow gunk, strawberry goo, spun blue sugar, globs of salt water taffy, and lint.

In bottle: This smells sweet, gooey, and cavity-inducing. Lots of sugary, chewy candy with a hint of powdery sugar and strawberry.

Immediately on skin: The first thing that hits me when I smell this is that it reminds me a lot of La Befana. It has that thick, sugary, caramelized fruitiness I get from La Befana. There’s a bit of sweet sugary powderiness, and really rich fruity candy. Then it separates a bit and I get a clean cotton undertone under all the candy and a hint of strawberry.

After a little while: As this settles, the thick caramelized feel fades. This becomes more of a smooth, sugary blend with hints of strawberry, fruity sweet powderiness, and poofy marshmallow over a light base of clean cotton. If it sounds sweet, it is… but not overly so. The strawberry and hint of cotton add a nice balance.

Overall Impressions: This is a really complex, sweet, sugary blend with a nice balance to it. However, I love sweeter blends so this blend is definitely for me. It’s rich but not thick and caramelly or something like that. It’s more of a sugar blend with hints of fruitiness and a light amount of cotton in the background. I think that people who enjoy blends like Sugar Skull and La Befana will enjoy this, but it definitely holds it’s own.

oh my GOD is this scent some kind of wonderful?! Its Candy Strawberries, mixed with Candy Corn and just wonderful sugar overload that brings back all the memories of dumping the pillowcase full of candy on the ground and gorging myself into a candy coma! I am so going to need another bottle before this one is gone forever

Damn. I love this one. I knew I would.

It's a light, airy, fruity scent - I mainly get strawberry - but there's definitely a fizziness - it's so awesome that she captured a fizzy candy scent! It has a deeper sugar undertone along with the fizziness - a sugary/carmelized base. This is the most fun scent! Never fear, sweet-scent dislikers! The sweetness is held in check as it settles onto my skin by a warm mashmallow note.

Rating: 2 bottle worthy, at least, as it is fading faster than I wanted it to and I slathered it on!

Edited by GirlinDenial

Strawberry taffy and cotton candy. :P This is so good. Not plasticky strawberry, but light and effervescent.

eta: seems to have light throw until you start dancing to Peruvian music! Then it wafts delightfully. A hint of graham cracker crumbs - no idea where I'm getting that, but it's there. Better than average wearlength. Decidedly PINK scent. Great on skin and in scent locket. :D

Edited by girlygirl

saddest news ever: cracked bottle on arrival! :D postal jackals! :P

that said, i can still test whilst i wait for my replacement to show up...

in the bottle: sweet sweet sugary-sweet. not the candy sweetness of JailBait, interestingly. it's like Sugar Skull and maybe a butterrum combined.

wet on skin: uh oh. it's getting a Yankee Candle quality to the sweetness. i hope this is just a passing thing! :D

dry down: crystal melon candy mixed with blue rasberry bubblegum, eaten while wearing berry lipgloss, while sitting near a autumn potpourri candle. :D

in all: even with the candle-y bits, this is TOTALLY worth the endeavor. get some!

:D

The label is sooooo cool, a big pilowcase with gold colored candy spilling out. On first sniff it smells like Sugar Skull and La Befana.

On my skin:

It is a lighter Sugar Skull, all caramel and toasty fruity sugar....but there is a creamy marshmallow note to it too.

Dry down:

It has already changed a bit.....there is crushed to a powder strawberry candy coming out and a light cotton, almost papery scent too. I seriously want to lick my hand!

Verdict:

Starts out a warm sugary scent then dries to a wispy strawberry cotton candy scent. Very light, very sugary. Win!

in the bottle the love child of sugar moon and creepy. interesting. there's a thick, near cloyingly sweet, caramel-y undertone and bright, bright strawberry. it's very weird.

wet on skin okay, this is even weirder. that almost maple-y creepy caramel vanishes as soon as it hits my skin and it's BERRY BERRY BERRY in the throw and close to the skin.

dry on skin it has an almost booziness which is odd and a crispy note that must be the pillowcase. also BERRY BERRY BERRY.

you know, i got this for my kids, who are small-time BPAL addicts and tend toward the candy sweet scents, as you'd expect from 10 year olds. this is almost playfully sophisticated enough for me to wear, though. so, do i give it to them and get my own or do i pretend i got it for me all along? :P

pop rocks! fizzy colorful candy bits spilled over a LITTLE bit of caramel. i hope the caramel stays put before it goes all plasticky, because i smell so effervescent and sugary sweet. yum yum yum!

I'm thinking "strawberry taffy!" whenever I sniff this one on my arm. It's sweet but not omggooeycloyingagh sweet, and makes you think of all those soft, chewy candies in the description--marshmallows, candy corn...om nom NOM it's good. And not too strong, which I like in a scent like this. This is awesome and I'm sure it'll be a HUGE hit.

In the bottle: Barely there berry and sugar.

Wet: Thick, sugary syrup, strawberry, and glittering candy. This is strong.

Dry: This is like Strawberry Moon and Treat #1 with a drizzle of Karo syrup on top and just a hint of a linen note to keep it from being sickly sweet. Lots of throw on this one, to my surprise.

Edited by Rovylern

Ok today i tore open my BPAL order and there was Sticky Pillowcase with the most adorable bottle staring me right in the face! It has an illustration of a pillowcase with little golden handprints on it and an array of golden wrapped candies spilling out - the bottle alone is an excellent reason to buy it!

In the bottle - Wow this is strong but pleasantly so, i can detect brown sugar and a darker sweetness loaded with strawberry syrup and sugary taffy. I dont get any candy corn though. It kind of reminds me of a general store my mother used to take me to as a child when they had all of their halloween goodies and curios out.

Wet - Strawberry syrup like the kind that comes with those frozen sweet strawberries you can buy at the supermarket. There is the brown sugary smell comming forth. I do see how another reviewer stated they got a "Yankee Candle" type of scent from this, but its way more complex. This is definatly more of a fall fragrance - like a dark sugary voluptious scent that fails to become TOO sweet. There is an excellent throw to this yes - I cannot stop smelling my wrists!

Dry - Where is the candy corn? It never made an appearance! at least not on my skin. I can still smell that strawberry syrup and lucious brown sugar but it is faded, it becomes a rather gentle scent and slightly less sweet.

Overall this is a MUST HAVE! Worth every single penny.

In the bottle, this has an almost sour scent—like tart kool-aid right out of the packet. As soon as I start applying it, giving it some air, I can smell the sweetness. It’s a creamy strawberry sweetness that somewhat reminds me of the way my hair smells after using American Cream conditioner from Lush. I just received the bottle two days ago, so it will probably settle some more and I suspect the sourness will relax. That note fades quickly enough as it is.

Two hours later, a slight sourness returns within the context of sweetness and I do believe I smell Tangy Taffy. It really smells delicious, fruity, chewy (!) and yes, sweet but not overwhelmingly so. In fact, it’s just the sort of candy I would reach for first if I had a big bag of Halloween candy in front of me.

This is such a great scent for the fun, giddy, sugar-rushy side of Halloween!

Hmm. I wanted more La Befana and less Sugar Skull in my Sticky Pillowcase. On me, this is very heavy brown-sugar sweetness. Don't like it in the hot weather, though I'll keep it around for a while in case it works better in the cold.

I was a little worried about this one, since I've kinda overdosed on the way-too-sweet scents for so long that my nose is starting to get a little jaded with what it likes and what it doesn't. But being the addict that I am, I ordered a bottle anyway.

So, so, so glad I did.

It's sweet, very berry-y and candylike, without going off the deep end into headachey, tooth-rottingly sweet. It's incredibly well-balanced, and the background "pillowcase" is enough to keep it from getting cloying. The throw on my skin is incredible -- I kept catching whiffs of it for a good few hours whenever I'd gesticulate (which I do *a lot*.), and it lasted at the skin level even longer.

Definitely picking up a second bottle of this before it goes away, and possibly a third, just in case. Can't be too careful with the backups. :P

bottle: this is the exact same candy-sweetness as la befana to me.

wet: this is wet strawberry sugary candy. there's a hint of something else kinda salt-water taffy smelling too.

dry: this does fade pretty quickly and still gives me the impression of la befana lite.

I ordered this one expecting light and sweet, but instead, found the scent more dark and foody than I would have liked. On me, there's a miniscule touch of berry and linen, but on me, it's overwhelmed by a brown sugar, caramelly darkness. More like an evil candy scent then the light, fun scent I was expecting. (I was hoping for something similar to Midway or more innocent girlie scented) Not bad, good throw, but still not sure yet if it's a keeper for me.

Sticky sweet BPAL goodness!!

I knew I would love this one, and I certainly do! It reminds me very much of a combination of the original Sugar Skull crossed with Treat #2 (the glittering mountain of hard candy Treat, I think that was #2?). There is that gorgeously scrumptious caramelized sugar note, with delicious undertones of strawberry candies and other fruity confectionery delights. The fruitiness factor is what makes this one so special; the lab has a few sugary delight blends out already, but none have such a wonderful fruitiness to them.

This is awesome, exactly what I want in a Halloween blend! To top it off, it is strong and long lasting. :P

This is sweet without being sickly or overpowering. I was imagining it to be like Hollywood Babylon but luckily it's not.

This is now my 2nd favourite of all time!! :P (Pickled Imp in 1st place of course). Saying that though, I haven't really given the rest of the box a chance yet have I!

In The Bottle

Brown sugar and strawberry

On Application

As above

Dry Down

Originally this is a slightly caramelised sugar with a bit of strawberry in the background but as it dries the sugar lightens up to leave a sweet light berry scent. I like it.

Rating (0-5)

Okay, all I get is strawberry goo - or, more accurately, strawberry pop rocks is what it makes me think of. It's pink like whoa, tart and sweet, and totally not me. If you like strawberry candy, though, I would totally steer you towards this guy. It's fun, it's just not what I want to wear.

I applied this with a toothpick and not my usual glass wand, so it was pretty light. From what I could tell, this has two stages: a caramel stage and a sugary strawberry / cotton stage. I didn't care for the first one, but I'm really enjoying the second one. The strawberry note in this reminds me a lot of the strawberry in Beaver Moon 2007, without the cake. I can't wait to really lay this one on thick when I can use my wands. Anyone who likes strawberry or sweet scents needs to try this!

4/5

I love the concept of this scent so much, but I really thought it would be tooo sugary for my tastes.

Wet: This smells like strawberry bubble gum! suuuuuper sweet, I hope it calms down a bit.

A few minutes later: Ahhhh better. Now I get the cotton pillowcase in there softening things up. Wow, quite a difference from initial application.

I really expected this to be such a mixture of candy goo that I wouldn't be able to pick out individual notes. Not so! I swear I can discern everything, even candy corn, which I never though of as having much of a scent. This blend is complex and sugary, but by some weird BPAL miracle, not cloying. I'll definitely be grabbing a bottle of it. (Possibly two.)

eta: The "lint" note reminds me so much of the linen in Antique Lace, which I adore. :P

Edited by iiinterstate

I love, love, LOVE this scent! It actually reminds me of a cross between Sugar Skull, Bewitched, and strawberry Pop Rocks. The first thing I noticed in the bottle was the strawberry fizziness. My co-worker made the Pop Rocks comparison. It has a fair amount of throw and lasts pretty long on me, though I happily slathered more on midday, just to bask in the sweetness. This is definitely my favorite Halloweenie so far, besides Samhain, which I fell in love with last year. Mmm...candy... :P

straight sniff from imp is sweet, fizzy strawberry...very pink!!

once applied this gets insanely sweeter and more sugary...

a watermelon jolly rancher... :P

for those wanting a total candy fix this is it :D

Like pink moon 05 with more brown sugary notes and no florals. Sweet foody strawberry 'liciousness. I'm not sure if this warrants a bottle for me. I have to think about it.

A better review:

Imp: brown sugared caramel and strawberries.

Wet: more fruity, less caramelly on the skin than in the imp. Like pop rocks sorta of fruit—berry-y, but also freakishly colored sugary dust. This is SWEET, as promised.

Dry: A pink and brown sugar scent, lots of strawberry.

Overall: Reminds me of pink moon 05, pink phoenix and midway. I like all of those, but I don't need them all. This one is for swaps.

Edited by jewelbug