Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Easily one of my favourite BPAL scents of all time. I love Katrina and have been trying to get a bottle since I bought this scent randomly in one of my rose sprees.

This scent for me is a perfect blend of innocence, warmth, and delicate sensuality. I love rose in all forms, and it absolutely shines here, fresh and vibrant contrasted against the smooth warmth of honeyed cream. It is a breath of the garden over a young woman's skin. I can't even articulate how delighted I am every time I slather this on (and, unfortunately, it is necessary to slather as it is a subtle enough scent that to get a proper noseful I need quite a bit). I haven't used it in a while because my pathetic imp is running low, but if I ever get a bottle I am certain I will never wear much else for a few weeks :]

Katrina van Tassel

Mmm. This is a good rose blend. Not too powdery, not too loud. The honeyed cream gives it a richness without it overpowering it.

Bottle: I get sharp, almost unpleasant honey, a soft cream, and a powdery, slightly dusty rose. And my God, is the label art cute!

Wet: Incredibly sharp, realistic, rose and just the tiniest bit of honey and cream. This reminds me of Rose Red in sharpness, but it is tempered by cream and honey and smells much warmer than Rose Red's hothouse flowers. No soap, which is absolutely amazing, considering it's that time of the month, and Aunt Flo tends to be a rose-killer. This is extremely simple and quite nice, although I wish the rose would soften just a little and let the honey and cream come out a little bit more. Quite a bit of throw, too.

Dry: A little more of the cream comes up eventually, but this remains predominantly white rose. I am thrilled, THRILLED, that this rose doesn't go soapy on me, but I do wish it was a little bit softer and possibly more complex (I really wanted more cream and richer honey...) I will keep this around for rose perfume purposes, but I may find another one that works (!!!!!) that I like more.. in which case I will swap it. But for right now, I am just happy this works! :wub:

In the imp: Sweet honeyed cream and slightly green roses. Mmm. This is quite lovely!

On me: The honey and cream fade a little and is replaced by a strangely peppery rose note. It's quite nice but I would've preferred to have kept that gorgeous musky honey cream :(

Drydown: Mmm. There's something a tiny bit fruity about the rose (but rose does that to me all the time ANYWAY) which combines really nicely with the soft creamy musk. It's not nearly as sweet as it was in the imp, but it's still a very feminine scent. If I stick my nose really close to my arm, I can smell the cream under the peppery, paper-like rose. It's really quite gorgeous! Definitely a scent for a girly sort of day. Throw is not great, but every now and then I get whiffs of honey and rosewater.

Wet this is pure white rose. It gets sweeter and the honeyed cream is more apparent on the drydown. Great for someone who's looking for a unique, feminine rose scent.

I mean if the notes don't tell you enough, this is a honeyed rose.

It's soft, feminine, yet somehow... boisterous to me. I imagine this dabbed on ample cleavage before a quilting bee :lol:

I found it pleasing. Rose is one of the only florals I really enjoy. My skin doesn't amp, eat, or otherwise destroy rose. It just sits perfectly, softly, delicately. But with throw, and lasting power. Im not normally girly, but this is certainly an innocent, girly, almost naive scent. It was actually a little... darker than I thought it would be. Really full bodied and lovely.

Sadly I decanted mine out for a circle so am left with just a hair. Maybe I'll go hunt down some more somewhere.

Oh Ms. van Tassel, I love you!! :lol: Seriously, the first time I tried this was last year in the BPAL section at the Roswell Whole Foods. Kat (who happens to share the same first name as this glorious perfume) is a team member in the Whole Body dept. and is extremely helpful and friendly. She enthusiastically touted how lovely Katrina van Tassel was and I enthusiastically dabbed some on. (As well as about 8 other scents) I thought KvT was nice, but not a *me* scent.

Well, I drove on home and the gorgeous feminine creamy rose kept wafting around me. I thought it must be another one that I tried. After several hours, it was the only one left on my skin and I *needed* it. The total trip to Whole Foods and back to my house is about three hours. (Not counting the wandering around time) Anyway, I was still very new to BPAL then and I may not have even joined the forum yet. (I'm shy) I only read reviews and descriptions, but I knew enough that if it was a limited edition, I couldn't buy an imp of it from the lab. So I waited until that Sunday and when my husband fell into his NASCAR coma, I mumbled something about going to the store for a minute and took off like a comet. (cue the witch theme from Wizard of Oz) I raced down to Roswell, plucked up Katrina van Tassel like the beautiful flower she is, paid her asking price, walked calmly to my car and slathered! The ride home was scentsational. :D

It's a little rose heavy at first, but within 15 minutes or so the honeyed cream and the rose twine around each other so nicely. Every breath is a perfect mix. Also the white rose has a softer feel than the red. It seems to have good throw and great lasting power.

I eventually thought I could live without this wonderful scent, with the promise of swapping for a couple Holy Grails. Well, my package was sent and her end wasn't. (You know the one) :twisted:

I lost quite a few but this was the scent I craved and was most sad about. Fast forward to today. A very loving forumite (I don't know if she want's her name to be listed here) found a bottle of this yummy, sexy, creamy rose blend and sent it on to me! It has made me so grateful for the lab that creates these perfect oils and the caring community who love them! :wub2: I am proud to be a B-Palite!

That is all.

Edited by dreamcatcher

Oh Katrina, I wanted to love you. Alas, you smell of the powder that my great-grandmother used to use. I'll try this again later but I'll probably be selling the bottle.

Well, I really expected this to be love-at-first-sniff, but sadly, this has the same problem I had with Two, Five and Seven.

The rose note smells sweet even in the decant, and on me, it just grows even sweeter.

The cream is nice and soft...

If not for this sweetness from the rose, I would be really in love with it...cause I seem to love the cream and milk note, from BPAL...

I still like it, it's a a lot nicer than 2,5&7... less toxicly sweet.

I hope that some day, I'll find that rose scent that wont turn candy on me... but Katrina Van Tassel isn't that scent...

I love this one - it's definitely in my top 10 (and I only have two bottles :huh?:).

White rose is my favourite rose note. It's one of those 'buy a bottle as soon as you see it listed' notes - my other great white rose love is 'White Rose' from the Unity set.

This blend is very soft and sweet. For me the rose is dominant but the cream and honey add smoothness and sweetness. If only this blend had a strong throw and long wear length it would be my No1, but sadly I find it fades very quickly. I still love it to pieces though!

Not an old-lady rose at all but a sweet and creamy rose that isn't too powdery or jarring. You get the sense of some sort of dessert that's rose-infused, maybe a rosewater creme brulee if such a thing exists? Thanks to Beth and blends like this, I've gotten over my phobia of rose :joy:

I tracked down a bottle of this because I love roses and had to try this one.

In bottle: White rose and cream.

Wet: The same. The cream note was a bit sour on my skin. FEAR--would this not work on me? I haven't experimented much with foodie scents. I do know that I personally don't like the smell of milk.

Drydown: Not to fear, honey is here! The sour note has faded into a rich smoothness. Very sweet, gentle scent.

Two hours later: soft rose cream scent. Absolutely lovely. More for winter than summer, though. Too rich for warm weather.

A winner! Especially for those who like floral and very sweet fragrances.

Got this in a recent swap. In the decant, this is pretty straight up roses and honey. On my skin, this is almost glowing roses at first, but the cream comes in to mellow the scent out and the honey sweetens it a bit. I'll definitely keep this, but I don't think I'm going to need more than this decant. I've also got a decant of Pink Snowballs coming, so I'll be eager to compare the two.

Bold, creamy rose. I don't get much honey out of this, but mostly soft rose petals. It's strooooong on me, though. Just a little bit is plenty.

I've put a little test swipe on my skin each day for the past three days because I kept meaning to getting around to writing a review for it, but I kept procrastinating. Then the next day I'd say, "Oh, I never wrote that review, I ought to do another swipe to refresh my memory." So I've kind of been smelling this a lot in the past few days. It's the kind of rose scent that I like (and I don't like many of them), but it's not my favorite one. I'm half tempted to hang on to the decant, but I think I like Pink Snowballs better than this one. So probably this one can go.

I loved Katrina in Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow. Not so much in the Disney version (but the "Katrina" song always gets stuck in my head!)

In the imp: Sweet, delicious cream! Like a whipped cream dessert.

Wet: Beautiful rose. Just beautiful.

Drydown: As it dries, the cream comes forward. Perfectly balanced rose and cream.

Later: Sweet creamy rose that just LINGERS... and breathes gently into the surrounding air.

This is so beautiful. I don't know what else to say.

:wub2:

A beautiful mix of wet white roses, and honeyed-cream. Really well balanced on those 2 sides, sweet and rose, a very nice scent. It reminds me of white chocolate in that I can appreciate it, but not really want to eat it personally.

Someone should have it!

think I'll frimp

O

Thank you to BuxomM and the Orphanage swap for letting me try this. From the Vial it smells fruity; that's kind of odd. Oh yea, I can recognize that note now. It's the White rose, one of the only roses that don't go soapy on me (at least I hope so). It's sweet and nice. Kind of reminds me of a softer Zarta on me, which I think is the cream making it's rounds. It's so soft and delightful, I'm kind of sad I wasn't around to pick this up during the last Halloween though it is at least more similar to Zarita in drydown and the wet smell. But while the orange blossom stays in Zarita, Katrina is drying down softly and more pronounced. :Whine: Based on the description, I knew I would love this and I do! I might have to track down a bottle of this scent if I can, or gaze longingly at my tiny decent and enjoying the fragrence that wafts. I wish Hope/Faith was as kind to me as this. :love:

Edited by Deiicide

In the bottle: The white rose is the top note, with the honey and the cream as bottom notes.

Wet: The white rose is still dominant, but the honey and cream, which are medling together nicely, are coming up from below to make this a sweet, lovely blend of scents. I love huffing my wrist at this point, and can visualise a dessert made of honeyed cream, with a rosewater flavouring. For all the foodiness of the cream and honey, this is a mild and delicate scent, one that I can see wearing out when you still want a yummy scent, but don't want to be too over-powering.

The dry-down: I put this on late last night as a bedtime scent, wanting something very comforting, and that's exactly what Miss Katrina is. Not too foodie, not too floral. The white rose might have a trace of powder, but not very much. There needs to be more scents where the white rose note is used, since it seems that I don't amp it like crazy, as can happen with the red rose note. There's still lovely whiffs of the honey and cream and the rose if I sniff my wrist, so it's very much a skin scent by now. If you like White Rose, I think that you will like this, although it's less floral and more foodie.

There's not much I can say about Katrina van Tassel that hasn't already been said. It is dead on a sweet, creamy rose and amazingly light for a rose scent. This is definitely a young scent; there's something guileless and innocent about it. Oddly, I do get a hint of something faintly spicy in the background, but that may have something to do with the white rose note (white roses tend to smell a little peppery to me, for some reason). I think this is the only thing I've tried where cream is a prominent note and I have to say I like it quite a bit.

On me, this is mostly a honey-rose blend, and it doesn't change much between the wet stage and the dry down. I don't really get a strong cream note, but the honey is very strong. The rose is definitely there too, and together they are very strong and sweet. Too sweet for me, really. :( I like roses, and I like honey, but they don't always work for me, and together they are just too strong. Not offensive, just not really for me.

This is beautiful. Rose scents are a type of floral that I really love...when they smell more like the actual flower, as opposed to a more perfumey sort've scent (with that hint of stem/greenery, as if it's fresh-cut). As with many other reviewers, I get a lovely fresh-cut white rose, but it's also sweet and creamy. It didn't really morph over the course of the day, and while the throw wasn't huge, it was decent, and I could still catch whiffs of it at the end of the day, which I always appreciate. Definitely a keeper!

Edited by Vashtya

Katrina van Tassel

Rose and honey with a little cream. There's a tiny bit of sour/sharpness at first, but it fades. Katrina is sweet and light, probably the most similar to Alice from other blends I've tried, but without the carnation/bergamot. I'm a rose lover, and this is really nice!