Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
arachne

Egyptian Musk - what's it like? Which blends have it?

I love Egyptian Musk, however it's such a soft scent that it rarely lasts for very long on me. :D

Can you recommend a PBAL oil that smells predominantly like Egyptian musk, but that would have a little "something with kick" added? :P

Thanks!!

Edited by ivyandpeony
changed title when threads were merged

Debauchery is the only scent I found that uses Egyptian musk (try using the search function on BPAL's site. quantumspice did a fab job). Haven't tried it though so I can't say how dominant that note is in it.

Oh, that's for the tip about Debauchery. I must try it.

I'm not surprised to see so many fans of Egyptian Goddess. It's the most complimented scent that I've ever worn.

I exposed a co worker to BPAL the other day. Actually I was wearing Black Widow and she commented on how much she liked it, so I whipped out my 5 ml bottle and let her try it. Of course the next day I brought in some of my other vials and will be ordering a few items for today with my Red Moon. To the point now, she asked me about Egyptian Musk and didn't see any in the single notes, but I am so glad I came across this thread, now I can order some for her too.

I've not tried buck moon, guess I'll have to hunt some down. Does it have a strong egyptian musk note??? And is it correct that the single notes are not available anymore from the lab?

Buck moon has Egyptian musk???????? :D

*kicks self for not buying it*

I adore Egyptian musk too. I love Dragonfly Blue's Nile Musk, it's a gorgeous incensey musk scent. It's wonderful.

Oh, and if you're looking for a catalogue Egyptian musk scent other than Debauchery...try Bastet and Salome. I :P Bastet.

I of course am not 100% certain but the sweetness I detect in Buck Moon reminds me VERY strongly of Egyptian Musk. I'm caught between smelling White Musk, (like in Dorian), & Egyptian, (the sweetness).

Unfortunately for me Bastet didn't work out. :P As much as I wanted to love it I got a 'fuzzy' thing going on. I can't really describe it any better than that .

Sadly, no more single notes hokte... :D

Edited by bloodlotus1

The musk in Othello is Arabian, not Egyptian. Sometimes Arabian musk can be 'perfumey' on me, but in Snake Charmer, it is divine...almost like red musk.

I've tried a few non BPAL Egyptian musks (DSH and Ava Luxe) they are very light and soft on me, almost like white musk-not really sweet, but fresh and clean. Nile Musk by Dragonfly Blue is wonderfully sweet and incensy though. I would LOVE to try Egyptian Goddess though...

Someone mentioned Morocco (which I love) as having Egyptian musk, but that may be speculative.

I have a friend whom I am trying to addict to Bpal (hey its fun to share!) and he specifically said he likes the smell of Egyptian musk. So I got a list of five of the scents that specifically list Egyptian musk, but a noticed a lot of them just say dark, red, or white musk. Is there anyone who knows whether Egyptian is one of those kinds and or blends that would be similar muskily smelling?

Thanks!

I have a friend whom I am trying to addict to Bpal (hey its fun to share!) and he specifically said he likes the smell of Egyptian musk. So I got a list of five of the scents that specifically list Egyptian musk, but a noticed a lot of them just say dark, red, or white musk. Is there anyone who knows whether Egyptian is one of those kinds and or blends that would be similar muskily smelling?

Thanks!

Egyptian Musk is a different blend from red, dark, etc., musks. It has a clean, almost soapy scent. Mr. Ibis has it.

Sign in to follow this