Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Gogo

Red Musk

Necrobump!

I've recently fallen madly in love with red musk. Currently my favourite is Now Winter Nights Enlarge - I love the combo with caramel and honey. I think I like sweeter blends containing red musk. I have Mme. Moriarty as well, but she's mostly currant and patch on me.

I am trying to track down The Elephantine Colossus, because it sounds like exactly everything I love.

Any other recent recs for me? I've tried most of the GC blends with red musk, though Hollywood Babylon is still on my list. Love Snake Oil, but it's not musk heavy on me.

If anyone has any LE recs from the past few years that may still be possible to track down, I'd be grateful!

Bright Red Dildo from this year's Lupers is red musk, leather, and honey. Along the same lines, Eldritch Dark is sugared roses (I believe you like sugared florals, too, if I recall correctly), leather, red musk, black musk, and honey. I like Dildo but Eldritch Dark is on a whole other level. I loooove it and would recommend it highly based on your love of honey and red musk. I don't often get along with black musk but find it's not overt at all in Eldritch.

Agree with sprout that Smut may be right up your alley as well.

I have issues with leather.:( it hates me, accept for black leather, like the note in Whip. I was so excited to try Eldritch Dark (because I DO love sugared florals, esp. roses) but it was all horrid chemicals on me.

The booze in Smut hates me also, I can't wear it either (smells amazing in the bottle though!)

I am so tempted to try Red Dildo! But scared of the leather. What's a girl to do?

Necrobump!

I've recently fallen madly in love with red musk. Currently my favourite is Now Winter Nights Enlarge - I love the combo with caramel and honey. I think I like sweeter blends containing red musk. I have Mme. Moriarty as well, but she's mostly currant and patch on me.

I am trying to track down The Elephantine Colossus, because it sounds like exactly everything I love.

Any other recent recs for me? I've tried most of the GC blends with red musk, though Hollywood Babylon is still on my list. Love Snake Oil, but it's not musk heavy on me.

If anyone has any LE recs from the past few years that may still be possible to track down, I'd be grateful!

La Femme de Satan is definitely one of the best red musk blends released lately! If you can track down a bottle of that (shouldn't be too hard since it was just this past Halloweenie release), I hiiighly recommend it.

I am bumping this thread back from the dead!

Any recommendations for red musk blends you find wearable in the spring & summer? I am in Virginia and it can get quite hot in the summer (90s, 100+) and extremely humid.  I find most of my favorite red musk blends just don't "feel" right in that kind of weather.

8 hours ago, tmichele said:

Any recommendations for red musk blends you find wearable in the spring & summer? I am in Virginia and it can get quite hot in the summer (90s, 100+) and extremely humid.  I find most of my favorite red musk blends just don't "feel" right in that kind of weather.

It's listed as blood musk instead of red musk, but it wears like red musk on me -- But I'm super impressed by Chordae Tendineae in this year's Lupers. On me, the orange blossom especially keeps the scent nice and airy. I could definitely see myself wearing it in summer in Tucson. (Hi, I'm another hot-weather-living, red-musk-loving person.)

In terms of other true red musk scents, I've recently tried Anteros (GC). I reviewed it as being a little less sweet than I would like but still very wearable in general. I could see it being a workable warm weather red musk perfume. 

If you get red musk from The Dodo (it dries down to sugared lemon on me), that's probably friendly to warm weather. 

Thank you Tori! I can't remember if I've tried Anteros, but will add to my short list. Intend to try Dodo asap. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a Chordae decant too.

I have the feeling that some of the Singularity scents might be good red musks for warm weather. I was happy to see it featured in a few. But who knows--my imaginings of scents based on the notes and what they actually smell like are often very different things. 😂

On 4/10/2019 at 1:16 PM, tmichele said:

Left Ventricle sounds like the perfect red musk for hot weather:

A contraction: red musk seized by crushed mint, eucalyptus blossom, orange blossom, and bergamot.

I haven’t tried it but sounds like red musk traveling on a fresh spring breeze~~~~

Now I want to try it... drats :P 

Just popping in to recommend A Demon and Her Unholy Basketball for a fun, delicious Fall-centric red musk!
Pumpkin sugar, red musk, and a puff of brimstone.

I love combing through these recommendation threads when I’m obsessing over a specific note.

Coming here because bpal has made me a red musk fiend, and i've recently discovered the joys of tobacco. And now i come here iso recs for red musk scents that are tobacco heavy. Help plz

2 hours ago, DiZZysTARdust said:

Coming here because bpal has made me a red musk fiend, and i've recently discovered the joys of tobacco. And now i come here iso recs for red musk scents that are tobacco heavy. Help plz

If blood musk fits the red musk bill, Illimitable Dominion Over All is pretty delicious! 
Le Lethe has both notes, yet can’t remember how strong the tobacco is...

Now that you have me thinking, I’m gonna have to layer Patchouli Tobacco with A Demon and Her Unholy Basketball..... :yum:

6 hours ago, DiZZysTARdust said:

I frimped away my imp of Le Lethe so also can't say how tobacco heavy it is.  But I'm quite fond of Great Sword of War -- mine is aged, and tobacoo and red musk balance each other nicely.  There's also Arachnina in the Carnaval Diabolique -- I haven't tried her because of the floral notes, but I think you're more tolerant of those than I am.  I'm sure there are more.  I'll pore through my notes when I have a chance.  

5 hours ago, artisjok said:

If blood musk fits the red musk bill, Illimitable Dominion Over All is pretty delicious! 
Le Lethe has both notes, yet can’t remember how strong the tobacco is...

Now that you have me thinking, I’m gonna have to layer Patchouli Tobacco with A Demon and Her Unholy Basketball..... :yum:

I think illimitable dominion is what sparked this need.....

I keep telling myself i don't need unhily basketball because pumpkin but damn is my restraint really starting to slip on that one....

3 hours ago, Lucchesa said:

I frimped away my imp of Le Lethe so also can't say how tobacco heavy it is.  But I'm quite fond of Great Sword of War -- mine is aged, and tobacoo and red musk balance each other nicely.  There's also Arachnina in the Carnaval Diabolique -- I haven't tried her because of the floral notes, but I think you're more tolerant of those than I am.  I'm sure there are more.  I'll pore through my notes when I have a chance.  

Oooh yes i will take the florals with this, arachnina was on my wishlist when i first discovered bpal but then she sort of slipped my mind. I know i def have imps of la lethe and great sword tho so off to dig those out