Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
AcadianSidhe

What are the best oils for arousing one's own sexual desire?

Though I always said I'd never be one of those women (that's what I get for being cocky), it seems like my sex drive has only gone downhill for a year or two now, and both I and my poor fiance suffer for it.

I was wondering what fragrances are best for putting you in the mood and what suggestions anyone might have for me.

So, what encites you to fiery passion?

Scents with "skin musk" are usually winners for me; my favorites are LE (Vasakasajja and Tamamo-No-Mae) but there's a lot of popular faves in the GC with it including Eos, Les Bijoux, La Petite Mort and Bien Loin D'ici. Something about that scent of clean warm skin does it for me.

Edited by northatlantic

It depends on your own preferences--are you a floral sort, musks? Woods? Definitely find something that you think is sexy because if you're not feeling sexy or you don't feel that you smell good, it's not going to help. Some of the sensual blends with intent are:

Seduction: From the Panacea. I haven't tried on the skin yet but I have an imp and it's sort of an earthy-green floral to my nose. If you don't like it on your skin, you could try it in an oil burner or misted on the sheets.

All Night Long: Another one I haven't skin tested--I think it's cinnamon-y. Check the reviews for this one--lots of rave reviews.

Fire of Love: A sort of creamy peppered patchouli. To my nose it smelled like The Coiled Serpent with a cream or milk note. This may or may not sound good to you.

Queen: This one is interesting--it's got a honey-vetiver drydown and it's sort of like a more herbal and brash Illustrated Woman. It's intended to amplify female power and to really draw on sexual power. Personally, I love this one, but it does have a pretty tempermental drydown so try an imp and see how it makes you feel.

Some of the scents that just generally make people feel sexy are:

Snake Oil: If you like this, it works wonders. It's almost universally loved and it is a pretty drop dead sexy scent.

O: Another sweet scent, a bit less in-your-face than Snake Oil, but still one of the favourites among the forum.

Blood Rose: It pops up a lot in the smutty, sexy and provacative thread and it's in a different veing from Snake Oil and O. It's very sultry and womanly but also very classy, at lack of a better term. It's all elegant table manners and perfect poise until you're behind closed doors.

Glasgow: This is the other end of the spectrum from all the other scents--heavy resins aren't necessarily everyone's bag. This is a really luscious heather-blackberry that has a surprisingly good amount of throw and smells sort of sweet and cozy while also sending out a bit of a come hither vibe.

Darkness: Smooth, creamy opium touched with very faint floral and a bit of resinous myrrh.

Again, you really need to look at your own tastes and see what you like and what makes you feel good. Hopefully something from here sorts of piques your interest and you can explore that scent family. Other than Seduction, most of these are available as individual imps so you can order direct from the lab if you want to try them, or you can haunt the swaps forum (and may be able to pick up a decant of Seduction that way). Good luck!

I say it everywhere else - Dionysia is pure sex on me. It reaches out and invites your nose to bury itself in my cleavage. :P

Hetairae puts some swish in my walk, too...

For me, it's Inez - as soon as I tested my decant, I started looking at the clock... is DH home yet? How about now?! Where can we stash the kid for an hour?! :P

My sex drive has been decreasing too (stupid birth control). So I'm watching this thread with lots of interest.

One blend that worked for me is Love's Philosophy. It turned me into a sex kitten. :P For whatever reason the blend made me feel incredibly sexy and made me pounce on my partner literally 30 seconds after they walked in the door. Now each time I smell/wear Love's Philosophy it brings that feeling back.

I usually just have to smell whatever it is my husband's wearing to get me frisky. :P

In particular:

Aureus

Galvanic Goggles (YUM!)

Antikythera Mechanism (OMFG! *so good*)

Men Ringing Bell with Penises (LE Salon).

Perhaps you can coerce your fiance to try out a few imps (if he hasn't already)?

For me, it's a toss up between Mme. Moriarty (my go-to, uber sexy favourite), Alice (cream/tea/rose), and Tushnamatay (candied sandalwood). Before I went off foodies, Eat Me was also part of the line up, heh.

Have fun playing! :D

Mme. Moriarty and Morocco are my default "I'm feelin' frisky" scents. I will also endorse Inez and The Illustrated Woman (mostly when dried down; before that it's a bit too piney), plus some GC old reliables like La Petite Mort and Vixen.

Sorry you're losing the drive -- good luck getting it back!

I usually just have to smell whatever it is my husband's wearing to get me frisky. :P

I was going to suggest this as well, particularly if you've already got a good scent association with a particular blend. The other day my partner had put on some Jolly Roger right before leaving for work, and when I molested hugged him goodbye, some rubbed off on me... and was I ever lonely after he left, with that sexilicous scent haunting me and taunting me!

For myself, Bastet makes me feel sultry and sensual, and The Black Tower is what I turn to when I want a darker, edgier sexy scent.

You might also try wearing or scenting the room with something you associate with sex. For example, if you like to play with leather restraints/whips/paddles, maybe try some De Sade. Likewise, if you like to feed each other grapes... or drink wine... or smoke clove cigarettes... or use scented massage oils... or burn a particular kind of incense... find a BPAL that echoes that scent and makes you think of getting your groove on. :D

Good luck!

It depends on your own preferences--are you a floral sort, musks? Woods? Definitely find something that you think is sexy because if you're not feeling sexy or you don't feel that you smell good, it's not going to help.

Again, you really need to look at your own tastes and see what you like and what makes you feel good. Hopefully something from here sorts of piques your interest and you can explore that scent family. Other than Seduction, most of these are available as individual imps so you can order direct from the lab if you want to try them, or you can haunt the swaps forum (and may be able to pick up a decant of Seduction that way). Good luck!

Thank you, everyone, thus far!

Personally, the scents that make me feel the sexiest are natural and earthy or spicy and exotic. I tend to associate my sexuality most freely with the idea of basic sexual spirituality or with pure playfulness. I like florals, but never anything too sweet- then it gets almost sickening. I'd rather something with bite or elegance or that make me feel exotic.

So far, I've only picked up two imps for him (Calico Jack and Villain)- we both like Villain best, but it doesn't specifically inspire a sexual mood in either of us. I thought about Golden Priapus for him, but he certainly doesn't need any more stamina- he's already a Golden Priapus! (He has the palest skin and the softest cornsilk blonde hair to make any of us girls envious, but isn't the least bit effeminate outside of his love of beauty- so he's my golden god :D .)

Part of me is avoiding Snake Oil simply because it IS so popular (and I'm petulantly rebellious), though I suppose trying an imp wouldn't hurt :P If it's popular, it's for a good reason.

Of course, I'm still learning what notes I like best. Most of my experience with fragrance is either with pure fragrance (not blends) or with perfumes (I used to work the beauty counter at Victoria's Secret- so I learned most about how perfume works and blends there, oddly enough).

Queen and Seduction definitely sound right up my alley. It sounds like I need to look for something that not only makes me feel sexy and exude sex, but something for him that draws me as well.

I also think the Cathouse linen spray would be a nice try. Any thoughts?

Fire of Love. Seriously, I'm not one for voodoo and superstition, but this stuff goes straight to the rat brain. Goes well with everything, especially (for me) honey notes.

On the front of sexy perfumes for your boy, sounds like Fascinum might be worth a try.

While an LE, the Illustrated Woman is my never-fail sexy scent. It's definitely earthy and exotic, though if you don't like pine tar it might not be for you.

Another to try on your golden god (awww, so cute!) would be The Antikythera Mechanism. It's not overtly sexy, but it makes a man exude the sort of sophistication that really gets my engine going.

NO!

My husband hated Cathouse.. he said it was an old lady smell.. the jasmine is sooooo strong in it.

I suggest:

For you, All Night Long or Bien Loin D'ici.

For your husband, Satyr or Snake Oil.

edited to say "Rarrrrr!"

Edited by Maidenhell

I'm surprised no one has suggested the TAL Caliph's Beloved:

Stimulates your own sexual energy and incites intense feelings of passion and desire.

or Blessing of Isis:

Use this blend to reignite passion and ardor in couples whose feelings for one another have waned through time and familiarity.
Edited by Czarina

NO!

My husband hated Cathouse.. he said it was an old lady smell.. the jasmine is sooooo strong in it.

I gotta agree. Cathouse was not at all appealing to my or my partner's nose. It's very traditionally "perfume-y" and quite heavy/strong.

I prefer Dungeon. :P

I must admit, a drop of Dee on a guy, and I'm all over him. It has a certain "man musk" quality to it that drives me nuts.

Dee

His scent is soft English leather, rosewood and tonka with a hint of incense, parchment and soft woods.

I also found that Bengal is a sexy scent, for me. It's neither for me or him, but just an overall thing. I should try it in a diffuser or oil burner or something... yum. -plots now-

Bengal

A sultry and unruly blend that emulates the ambient scent of the markets in ancient Bengal: skin musk with honey, peppers, clove, cinnamon bark and ginger.

A lot of the scents I've heard elsewhere as "Sex" scents aren't appealing to me. I despise perfumey scents, and florals are not my friend. I also hated Snake Oil. Just to give a small summary of my tastes :P

I haven't explored too much into more sexual scents yet, but so far that's what I've come up with. Hope you two get a fire raging again :D.

Edited by CaffinatedAngel

[

NO!

I gotta agree. Cathouse was not at all appealing to my or my partner's nose. It's very traditionally "perfume-y" and quite heavy/strong.

I prefer Dungeon. :P

Damn! I was thinking strongly of that one simply because I liked the description, but if it's that perfume-y, it might be a little sickening for us.

It sounds like Fire of Love might be a our best bet.

This IS an SO blend, but Boomslang makes me feel sexy as hell, especially aged.

Oh many, deep sexy spices and chocolate. Fiance wants to eat me up. :P And I'll let him!

I also second anything with skin musk. The Illustrated Woman is a killer blend, and the skin musk note makes it smell so... well... natural. Like I emitted it from my own pores and it belongs on me.

I don't know if you have any interest in TAL blends, but I've had significant success in reviving my own libido with Caliph's Beloved. I like to wear a tiny bit in my scent locket during the day and surprise the boy after work. heh.

My sex drive lately has been crappity and I feel bad for my boyfriend. Are there any oils that are particularly good at getting one in the mood for lovin'? (And this would be for me, NOT him.. he doesn't need any help!)

I know u said your avoiding it but snake oil is lovely and exotic it puts me ine the mood ;)

I love perversion too its very reeeeooow!

On my fella I like cthulhu and whitechapel but cthulhu is soft and clean and mixes so well with the smell of his skin and the mix of the two is just warm and clean skin very sexy.

Hetairae puts a big swish in my step. Earthy, sexy honey and fig? Hell yes. And The Stormhold on my SO is wondrous.

What scents turn you on probably depends on your personal preferences. I personally find the lab's leather note very sexy, particularly in Loviatar. On my husband, The Black Tower is pure sex.