Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Caerphilly

10ml bottles...Where did they go?

I don't know if there has been a topic like this already. If there was, I couldn't find it so I'm pretending there wasn't! :D

I've been reading the forum a lot lately, and everyone talks about 10 mL bottles! I just got into BPAL a couple of months ago, so I thought you could only get 5 mLs and imps! Where did the big bottles go?!?! Are they only LEs or what?

Because there are a few scent that I would just love to order a big bottle of. It's better to have 50 single bottles than 100 of doubles.... :P

Edited by Caerphilly

Gone. A couple of years ago, or so. The lab stopped making scents in 10ml form.

I'd love some blends in 10ml form, too!

wouldn't it be cool if the Lab took a poll and offered the 10 top wanted scents in 10ml - for like 10 days? Hmmmm...they could even do this on 10/10. :rolf: (hopefully they wouldn't wait until 10/10/10!)

wouldn't it be cool if the Lab took a poll and offered the 10 top wanted scents in 10ml - for like 10 days? Hmmmm...they could even do this on 10/10. :rolf: (hopefully they wouldn't wait until 10/10/10!)

That's an awesome idea. Are you listening, labbies? :P

I used to buy nothing but 10mls <3. I believe they were discontinued in the late summer of 06.

This was a July 12, 2006 announcement about them:

"To clear up some of the 10ml issues, we had been planning to remove them for about a year now. The only reason it will speed up production is because their sales voulme doesn't warrent us keeping them in inventory, therefore steps were not taken to move them into mass production. If we were to keep them in inventory, most of them would sit on our side for many many months, that is a quality compromise we just aren't willing to make."

So... yeah... they are gone now. And I don't think I've heard any mentions of bringing them back.

I've never heard mention of bringing them back, either. And that's why I cherish the ones I have all the more. Especially the cobalt ones. :P

Oh man, I love this Dorian 10ml I was able to swap for. It is in a cobalt blue and it's aged and perfectly delicious.

I treasure my 10ml of O, and the one of Tarot:Death.

(edited because I has faulty typing and speling both)

Edited by delicate_fangs

I have one 10 ml. and it's Tarot:Star. Oh my, it's so yummy!

To be honest though, there aren't many I would get in 10 ml. just because I like variety and don't have many multiple bottles.

I would for sure love to be able to buy the following from the Lab in 10ml:

Bastet

The Caterpillar

Velvet

They all age great so I wouldn't worry about having more than I could use. And even though The Caterpillar is my fave GC, I totally slather Bastet - so it wouldn't take me all that long to go through a 10ml anyway. :P

edit to add:

oh, and I have 10mls of Alice, Urd, Hellion & La Fee Verte. I bought Alice right before they cut off purchases of 10mls. At the time, I didn't have any other 10ml BPAL bottles and thought it would be cool to have Alice be the one sticking her neck up out of my bottle box, just like when she ate the mushroom and shot up taller than the trees. I'm a geek.

Edited by moonarcana

Oh man, I love this Dorian 10ml I was able to swap for. It is in a cobalt blue and it's aged and perfectly delicious.

A bpaler (I think theling but don't quote me) gave me her empty 10 ml cobalt bottle of Dorian, and then one day it dawned on me: I can fill it back up! i don't know why that took me so long to think of. So now I has my own 10 ml full of Dorian. And I just acquired a Dana O'Shee 10 ml, too. Joy.

Oh, and I totally ditto the idea of LE 10mls for the top ten catalog blends. I have pretty conventional tastes, so I think that would work out nicely for me!! :P

Oh, and I totally ditto the idea of LE 10mls for the top ten catalog blends. I have pretty conventional tastes, so I think that would work out nicely for me!! :D

Same! Back when I was a confused newbie and the 10mls had just been discontinued, I actually thought that was the case - that there were still some popular scents being sold as 10mls. Was quite sad when I realized I was wrong. It'd be great to be able to buy some of my favorites in 10ml form - Snake Oil, Dorian, TKO...

But I'm pretty okay with the two 10mls I do have - Hod and Nahemoth. :P

Edited by ClareN

Speaking of 10ml bottles, I was just cruising around on eBay and noticed that one seller is selling several 10ml bottles, some in discontinued scents.

I noticed the last time I placed an order that R'lyeh (Picnic in Arkham) still has a button to buy a 10ml. It even works. I considered leaving it in my cart but I didn't want to cause the labbies needless aggravation just so I could chortle. :P

I'd like to see certain things come back in a 10ml. I'm just not sure what. Plus it would kind of screw up my little army of bottles - I'd have to find new storage for the taller ones.

It should probably also be mentioned that there were some scents that were ONLY available in 10mls, even after the big bottles were discontinued for the rest of the catalog. Hellion and La Fee Verte were only in 10 mls, and I think the Tarots were, and maybe Sephiroth (both discontinued last year)? Somebody with better memory than me can maybe fill in the details.

I had a 10ml of Snake Oil and I cannot find it. I am devastated. It was glorious and is probably irreplaceable.

Edit: I found it today! :P It smells so good too.

Edited by dzurlady

I bought Alice right before they cut off purchases of 10mls. At the time, I didn't have any other 10ml BPAL bottles and thought it would be cool to have Alice be the one sticking her neck up out of my bottle box, just like when she ate the mushroom and shot up taller than the trees. I'm a geek.

An awesome one!

My husband is making a bottle display case that has holes drilled that exactly fit my BPAL bottles. The 10mls are slightly larger in circumference than the 5mls, so he had to make "special" holes for the 10mls I have: Haunted, Dorian, Snake Oil, Antique Lace, Gluttony, Voodoo, Morocco, Vechernyanya & Eat Me. I can't wait til it's done :P

The 9 10mls I have are definitely my top GC scents. If I had the option, and they were still available for purchase, I would want a 10ml of Lyonesse. Of course, this scent was released after 10mls had been discontinued, so this is for sure an impossibility!

Wow, I didn't even know 10mls used to exist!! Anyways, I would definitely love it if they were brought back. There are a few scents (like Dorian which a lot of people mentioned and Phantom Queen) that I use so often a 10 ml bottle would be great! Ah, well...

That's an awesome idea. Are you listening, labbies? :D

AGREED! I'd stock up on every GC I remotely like for a chance to have bunch of 10ml vats to age 'em in! :D

Kabuki 10ml... :P

Yes, I miss them. Now when I get my tiny 5 ml of O, I always think, "yeah, this will last me a day or so!" :P

I think it'd be great if they offered, say, the 10 or so most popular scents in 10 ml bottles. It's just not the same pouring my favorites back into old 10 ml bottles.

Sadly I doubt the lab will be able to offer 10mls again. They discontinued them because there wasn't enough demand, and also because as a result of the different size they had to use a different and more time consuming process to fill the bottles (they may have had to hand fill them, but I'm not sure about that). It just doesn't make sense for the lab to overcomplicate things like that. Plus, they'd have to get a new supply of bottles, which is another headache again (ordering, quality control, maintaining inventory...)

I remember exactly when they were discontinued - it was the day I joined :D I definitely prefer 10 mls of my faves. They take up a little less space & that's especially convenient for the ones that need cellaring.

I understand their reasons for d/c'ing the 10 mls, but the customer base has exploded since then, and I suspect they'd sell really well. I'd definitely buy a bunch :P