Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

Springtime scents

I sought out this thread after pulling Leanan Sidhe out of the imp pile and deciding it smells like Spring.

Fresh, very fresh. As does Grandmother of Ghosts.

Ides of March, too! Although primarily says "Classic" to me.

I second Leanan Sidhe as a perfect spring scent!

Other spring staples of mine include Regan, Spirits of the Dead, The Unicorn, Empyreal Mist, Berenice, Perfumed Garden, Fee, Fee Verte, Fae, Nefertiti and Al Araaf.

Fae: sweet peach muskiness

Desdemona: sometimes, I'm not so big on the bite (especially in the beginning), but it's a nice, somewhat water floral that isn't too floral

Bordello: sweet candy (even if it doesn't last long)

I have high hopes for the Excolo scents that start with an o.

Spring-ish scents for me:

Embalming Fluid

Mi-Go Brain Canister

Empyreal Mist

Whippoorwill

I'm still wearing a lot of winter scents because it's been raining non-stop here & I've barely seen the sun.

Phantasm, Shanghai and Kumiho all fall into the same clean-and-fresh category for me. Oberon, too, to a lesser extent.

But my all-time favorite scent to exclaim "It's SPRING, dammit!" is Titania. :P

Lolita! Best springy scent EVER.

Fae

Dirty

Berenice

Embalming Fluid

Peony Moon

Pink Phoenix (Maybe not clean/fresh/whatever, but feels so fun and springy to me!)

ETA: My husband said, "You gotta put Jolly Roger on there!" So yeah, Jolly Roger. :P

Edited by aymee

Spring to me is:

Asphodel (such a beautiful green floral)

Peony Moon (so pretty!)

Budding Moon (my birthday scent!)

Tempest (this is so beautiful! Simple spring in a bottle)

Sundew (I was blown away by this scent!)

It's approaching summer here in Orlando, so I've been going through spring scents for a couple months already. Seriously, the seasons are sort of like this:

Winter Spring Summer Autumn

Some of my favourite picks for this series of the brief spring, aka the segue into summer, include:

The Hermit (also my most favourite BPAL ever)

Holiday Moon

Severin (although I wear this scent regardless of season)

Bernice

House of Mirrors

Embalming Fluid (again, a pick regardless of season for me)

Twenty-One

-doreen

Right now, for spring, I'm really loving:

Sundew!!

Budding Moon

Berenice

Endymion

The Apothecary

La Bella Donna Della Mia Mente

and my year-round favourites that fit the bill:

Katharina

Ode on Melancholy

Black Dahlia

Edited by rabid hauteur

I was sniffing my scents today and I definately think that Hungry Ghost Moon is all springy with it's light scent.

Sea of Glass time again, love the lilacs!

Chickens! And bunnies!

I seem to recommend Garden Path with Chickens but I love it and I think it is the springiest spring. And its not overly floral. Perfect.

And for a more floral spring - Enraged Bunny Musk.

I know its suppossedly a SUMMER scent, but Litha smells like spring to me....all light and flowers and yummy honey sweetness!

To me summer smells like coconut and heavy fruits.....

so a good summer scent for me would be Aglaea (peach and amber!)! :P which I just tried last night and may have to order a big bottle of....sigh.....

My springtime scents?

Envy

Juliet

Asphodel

Lorelei

Sea of Glass

Tempest

Lucy's Kiss

Amsterdam

Mock Turtle's Lessons

I can also see Hope and Faith carrying over into spring and summer for when I want something sweeter. They're probably my two current favorites. I also ordered a bottle of Ides of March in my last order intending it to be my "new treat" spring scent. I haven't tried it before, but it sounds wonderful.

The Fox-Woman Kuzunoha is perfect for when I want to smell fresh, delicate and springlike :P

I had a perfect spring moment yesterday, walking to class in the sunshine underneath the cherry trees, smelling of delicate blossoms and tea.

Just bumping to ask: which is a better spring scent to you, 51 or Garden Path with Chickens? I haven't tried Garden Path, so I'm having trouble deciding which to order. :P

It's Spring! More or less. I thought I'd put myself in a more spring-y mood through careful application of BPAL, and so I went though this thread and made an incomplete and roughly alphebetical listing of many of the recommendations (some I skipped because I already had/had already tried/I knew that it had notes that I didn't like - so no slight intended) and thought that it might be useful for someone else at some point. If people gave a description, I put it in, although I edited the non-descriptive parts to make it shorter and might have missed some; I also went through them all and got the lab descriptions, although some didn't appear in the search engine:

Aglaea - Three golden ambers, bright musk, peach wine and myrtle

Al Araaf - A Demon In My View- Honeyed lilies, dry lotus root and fae flower

Amsterdam - Tulips, peony, fresh flowing water and crisp green grasses

Apothecary - Tea leaf with three mosses, green grass, a medley of herbal notes, and a drop of ginger and fig.

Asphodel -The grey and ghostly flower that fills the fields of Hades

Bathsheba - so warm and light and don't overwhelm - carnation, sensual plum, and Arabian musk.

Bastet - Luxuriant amber, warm Egyptian musk, fierce saffron and soft myrrh, almond, cardamom and golden lotus

Bayou - light green floral - Spanish moss, evergreen and cypress with watery blue-green notes and an eddy of hothouse flowers and swamp blooms.

Belle Epoque - Sweet opium, Lily of the Valley, vanilla, mandarin and red sandalwood.

Berenice - A Descent Into The Maelström - Stargazer lily, white musk, clear aloe, blonde amber and winding-cloth linen.

Black Pearl - Coconut, Florentine iris, hazelnut and opalescent white musk.

Blue Moon - A Little Lunacy - Mugwort and bay, for psychic sensitivity…

Juniper, for divination through dreams…

Orchid and galbanum, for complexity, wisdom and noscere…

… with a potent lunar-charged blend of exquisite Asian woods, moonflower, Madagascan ylang ylang, Florentine iris, Greek cypress, davana, green tea absolute, palmarosa, cucumber, Clary sage, melilot trefoils, wood aloes, and pale creeping buttercup.

Calliope - lavender and bright mint with bergamot, verbena, thyme and a touch of sweet orange and warm almond.

Chiroptera - *springtime* captured in a vial. I can't even believe how sunny, warm, fresh and lovely it is; Sweetly floral, with a hint of lemon- [dz. - I couldn't find a description for this one, and it seems to be spelt correctly.]

Cordelia - lilac, lemon, green tea, wisteria, osmanthus, white cedar, and Chinese musk.

Dana O'Shee - Offerings of milk, honey and sweet grains were made to placate these creatures, and it is that the basis of the scent created in their name.

Danube - fresh watery and lightly floral - Rhododendron and bellflower petals swirl through deep, cool, dark aquatic notes

Desdemona - feel like spring to me (like early May) - Innocent, soft and pure: sweet pea, carnation and water lily

Embalming Fluid- A light, pure scent: white musk, green tea, aloe and lemon

Endymion - fresh clean white floral - A sweet, wistful blend of d'Anjou pear, Lily of the Valley, bois du rose and white musk.

Envy - Green herbs slithering through mint, lime and lavender

Eos - Honeysuckle just screams spring and summer to me - Her scent is that of softly glowing skin, jasmine, buttercup and honeysuckle.

Fae - A brilliant, ethereal scent: white musk, bergamot, heliotrope, peach and oakmoss.

Glasgow - The rich scent of wild blackberry breezing over gentle rosy heather

Hakkotsu - discontinued GC - White sandalwood, Lily of the Valley and bergamot.

Hamadryad - Seven dry woods with mossy lichen and a gentle breeze of forest flowers.

Ingenue - [dz. - I couldn't find a description for this one.]

Juliet - feel like spring to me (like early May) - Sweet pea with stargazer lily, calla lily, heliotrope, honeysuckle, white musk and a touch of fresh pear.

Katherina - (innocent peach and orangeflower) - white musk with a trickle of bright, sharp apricot and orange blossom.

Kitsune-Tsuki - Asian plum, orchid, daffodil, jasmine and white musk.

Kumiho - A sharp, biting blend of crisp white tea and ginger.

Kyoto - light green floral - A gentle, soothing blend of cherry blossom, white sandalwood and star anise

Lady of Shalott - is my perfect fragrance for a cold, wet Irish spring -The scent of calm waters just before a raging storm, limned with achingly-beautiful blooms, an icy scent, but somehow warm, and mirror-bright: bold gardenia, crystalline musk, muguet, water blossoms, clear, slightly tart aquatic notes and a crush of white ginger.

Lorelei - [dz. - I couldn't find a description for this one.]

Lucy's Kiss - The gentle scent of rose and a blend of Victorian spices

Magdalene - light green floral - A bouquet of white roses, labdanum, and wild orchid.

Machu Picchu - Sweet tropical fruits burst through deep, wet rainforest boughs, enormous steamy blossoms, over thin mountaintop breezes, mingled with the soft, rich golden scent of Peruvian amber

Maenad - Orgiastic mayhem in the extreme: sweet strawberry and orange blossom distorted by carnation, black poppy and hibiscus.

Maiden - A gentle vision of purity, goodness and virtue: white tea, carnation and Damask Rose.

Morgause (for a sexy spring evening) -A bouquet of five night-blooming flowers deepened by dusky violet, purple fruits and the barest breath of medieval incenses.

Ophelia - gorgeously flowery springy -Wistful and vulnerable: lotus, water blossom ivy, stargazer lily and white rose

Ostara - LE - Our springtime celebratory perfume is crafted with orris root, bergamot, frankincense, daffodil, orange pulp, attar of rose, jonquil, strawberry leaf, benzoin, violet leaf, copal, honey cakes, sweet cream, and the blossoms of springtime.

Nefertiti - Egyptian iris and olibanum with red and white sandalwood, soft myrrh and a breath of North African herbs.

Pele - light green floral - muguet and Hawaiian white ginger enveloped by warm, damp tropical blooms.

Penthus - Salt tears over white roses, the fumes of thin funereal incense and the hollowness of calamus.

Phantasm - lovely, clean, citrus - Green tea, lemon verbena, jasmine and neroli.

Perfumed Garden - Lupercalia - Myrrh and Moroccan jasmine with apple peel, Indian sandalwood, myrtle, quince, citron, and thyme poured over soft musk.

Phantom Queen - Black orchid, apple blossom, meadowsweet, and rue over Irish moss, hawthorn and red clover.

Regan - A deceptively sweet orchid vanille with a faint trace of stephanotis

Rome - cypress, juniper, chamomile and rose.

Rosalind - Dew-covered berries and fresh green grasses with a faint breath of spring flowers

Sea of Glass - if you like "aquatics" - A scent of inimitable purity, crystalline grace, and limitless light.

Severin (although I wear this scent regardless of season) - Dry black teas, Earl Gray, and leather.

Siren - (in very tiny amounts) for jasmine, vanilla & apricot - A thrilling, exotic blend -- deceptively sweet, but spiked with malice. White ginger, jasmine, and a touch of vanilla.

Shanghai - lovely, clean, citrus; Sweet, aquatic green tea, lemon, and a touch of honeysuckle - The crisp, clean scent of green tea touched with lemon verbena and honeysuckle

Shattered - A blend of white champagne notes, grapefruit, lotus, slivered mint and crystalline aquatic blooms.

Sophia - if you like lavender - A solemn, deeply profound draught of lavender, soft musks, star jasmine, black rose, delphinium, and gentle spice.

Spirits of the Dead - A Demon In My View - dry tea leaf, linden blossom, papyrus, orris and coffin wood

Tears - discontinued GC - A clean, cathartic fragrance.

Titania - nocturnal bounty of fae dew-kissed petals and pale fruits: white grape, white peach, iced pear, musk rose, sweet pea, moonflower and snapdragon.

Thalia - Plumeria, pear and white champagn

Tiger Lily - A feisty bouquet of golden, warm, gently honeyed lilies.

Twenty-One - This is the scent of the perfect martini:

The Fox-Woman Kuzunoha Leaving Her Child - is perfect for when I want to smell fresh, delicate and springlike - delicate cherry tree blossoms and tea. -

White tea, cherry blossom, wisteria, star jasmine, teak

The Dormouse - A dizzying eddy of four teas brushed with light herbs and a breath of peon

The Unicorn- a little sweet, a little herby and a little floral, very clean fresh scent - A misty, almost luminous perfume: wispy linden blossoms, white flowers, and a touch of sweet herbs

Water of Notre Dame - always reminded me of warming days, meadows, and calm weather - [Voodoo Blend] - Brings peace to the spirit, a sense of calm and fulfillment, and attracts the aid of beneficial spirits

Whippoorwill - the scent of a dying breath as it wafts into the marshland: Spanish moss, cedar, black pepper, oakmoss, juniper, bamboo reeds and cardamom.

Xiuhtecuhtli - Copal, plumeria and sweet orange and the smoke of South American incense and crushed jungle blooms.

Zephyr - A gentle white scent, breezes laced with the scent of springtime blooms and citrus. Lemon, lemon verbena, neroli, white musk, white florals, white sandalwood, China musk, bergamot and a drop of vanilla.

Edited to include lab descriptions.

Edited again to fix description for Tears and Hakkotsu.

Edited by dzurlady