Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

Springtime scents

I think my favorite spring scent to far is Amsterdam, which is really spring in a bottle, but it only lasts about a half hour on my skin.

Oh, I know your pain! You might give Danube a whirl...I think of it as Amsterdam's older, more self-confident first cousin.

Other scents I think would be lovely for spring are Szepasszony, The Ghost, Tiger Lily, and Eos.

I'm going to stock up on faery scents for spring -- Dana O'Shee, Titania, Fae, a few others that smell like the scent that wafts through the open door between the worlds....

Oooh, I forgot about Dana. Need a bottle of that, too. It's amazing how Fae make me think of Springtime....*wistful sigh* Although I am in Chicago and will be lucky to see a spring...

... I am in Chicago and will be lucky to see a spring...

P'shaw, Spring comes to Chicago, too. Ok, so it's two days of pleasant weather between freezing cold and blistering heat, but the fact that it's fleeting makes it more precious, right? :P

Back on topic: I'd like to add another vote to Ophelia as a Spring scent. It's absolutely lovely, but somehow doesn't strike me as a summer fragrance.

Edited by terrierhead

Had to bump this one to see if anyone had some new springtime favorites they're wearing now that it really is spring. It still doesn't FEEL like spring in my neck of the woods, and I'm thinking a new springy scent would really help my mood.

Anyone wearing something they're just LOVING for spring?

Ooh yes I'm well into Spring scents - Beltane, Maiden, Alice, Pink Moon, Spirits of the Dead, Embalming Fluid. Lovely.

I second Alice and Maiden (carnation, rose and tea is my new favourite combo!), also The Unicorn (lovely white flower prettiness!) and Phantom Queen. :P

I've found myself reaching for Berenice quite a bit as Spring rolls in. It's just the perfect enchanting floral on me, and it reminds me so much of the lilies that used to grow around my house in Missouri. Very clean and sweet and spring appropriate :P

The scents that I got around this time last year are what I'm reaching for now though I must say Mi-Go is a perfect scent for a warm spring day (which we are not having today, it's rather cold all of a sudden).

I am expecting to use a lot of Spirits of the Dead, Unicorn and will dip back into Arachne soon as well.

Usher is wonderful for spring - very clean and light. I'm expecting that Berenice, Morella, and Sundew will all be great spring scents as well (assuming they work on my skin - they're coming in my next order, so we'll see).

Chiroptera is a beautiful springy herbal-floral, though discontinued. Chuparosa is another gorgeous spring floral.

And funny enough, even though it's a Yule scent, I often find myself reaching for Snow White in hot weather. Go figure.

I love Kumiho, but it doesn't last long AT ALL!

I've been wearing Arachne in my scent locket today (mostly because it's not a scent I'm super-fond of on me, but otherwise because I wanted to try something else on me) and I kept smelling little wafts of it and thinking "Apple blossoms!" or "fresh grass and snow!" It's very nice and springy. I do wish I wasn't allergic to La Bella aus Bois Dormant, it's so soft and lovely.

I want to try Beltane, but it just doesn't sound like my kind of scent.

I find that right now for spring, I am reaching for Kitsune-Tsuki - it reminds me so much of spring with it's asian plum, orchid, daffodil, jasmine and white musk. Just lucious! Long wear too - at least for me.

The other two I personally am wearing for spring are Bewitched and Spirits of the Dead.

Mmmm: Persephone, Dublin, THE GHOST, Bayou (when it rains - also a favourite rainy summer day scent), Queen Mab, Phantom Queen

I don't know if it's been suggested yet or not, but Temperance from the tarot collection is very pretty for spring, & I tend to be quite sensitive to a lot of florals. It has such a creamy light yellow feel to it. I wore it the other day & forgot about it--then kept thinking I smelled Chaste Moon. And it really kind of does remind me of CM without the milky note. So pretty.

I think Prague hasn't been mentioned yet. It's a bit sweeter than Danube or Amsterdam, very much springtime floral with the crocus and snowdrop. It's slightly aquatic and feels a bit luminous.

I wore it some weeks ago when it still had been snowing. When I entered a bus, I could see a couple of people within my scent radius turn their heads and looking like "Oh, what's that?" and as if trying to locate the source of the scent. Might have been my imagination, sure, but I really had the impression the springfulness of my Prague was doing something to them.

Kuang-Shi: Mandarin orange, white musk, mango, and white sandalwood(mmmm).

Katharina: white musk with a trickle of bright, sharp apricot and orange blossom. Delicious!!

I agree with blu° - Prague is perfect for this time of year. I wore it yesterday and it made me happy.

And Rhowan reminded me about Kitsune-Tsuki -- that should be perfect on a day like today with lots of sun and a gentle breeze.

Aglaea is going to be making her grand entrance this week too.

Yesterday the hubby was wearing Usher, and it also has a very springtime quality to it.

Another vote for Budding Moon! It's so light, floral, fresh and pretty. Venus (celestial) is another one I really like for spring - it's a rose with a hint of herb. Venus is NOT for you if you don't like roses, however.

Delight is a stronger, more tropical floral (rose, tuberose, frangipani and jasmine) which I also like for spring.

Arachne is one I'm wearing a bit as spring rolls around. I feel the urge to bust out some Black Pearl, but it still smells a bit too much like shampooed dog to me right now :P It was good before, I swear!

Fruit Moon, LOVELY fruity sweetness.

How about sexy AND Springy? All the scents I think of as sexy are too heavy for hot weather (you know, the standard O, Red Lantern, etc.)

I like my Spring/Summer greens and florals, but I can find no rowr hot weather scnent.

Evening Star is close, but more sophisticated than h-h-hot.