Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

Springtime scents

So I just got my latest lab order, and I have to say, Full Moon from this year's Lupers is a perfect spring scent.

Some of my favorite springy scents:

The Dormouse

Titania

Fairy Wine

Needlework (2010 Shunga)

Blooming Rose (2012 Shunga)

Lady in Speckled Pink Kimono (2012 Shunga)

Peony Moon 2013

Weeping Branches Moon

Poisson d'Avril

and I'm expecting some of this year's Lupers to be good too! In general a lot of the Shungas feel springy to me.

Edited by sunlitgarden

Spring starts in February in Texas (you think I'm joking, but it's 85 degrees in Austin today ha ha), so I've been rocking my spring scents already. My favorite is Fae, but Dorian also gets a lot of wear in the spring, and now that I've tracked down more of The Hesperides, that will get a lot of wear, too. And The Fairy Thorn.

I just recently discovered "Venus Murcia" and it seems perfect for spring. Bright green grass, a touch of musk and florals, and honey.

My spring collection (which I can't wait to break out! It's grown so much!) is full of florals and fruit, because that's just what I want to wear in the spring! Some standouts:

Bewitched blackberry, sage, green tea, wild berries and dark musk

Delirium apple, rose, and lemon

Alice, The Reaper of Cruelty Bourbon geranium emboldened by the rich scent of aged patchouli, the sweetness of peach, raspberry leaf, and bourbon vanilla, surrounded by a butterfly swarm of spicy carnation and Italian bergamot.

Pandy Fresh white musk, honeycomb, sweet apricot, elemi, orange blossom, and mischievous pink pepper.

Lady Lucille Sharpe faded red roses and a glimmer of garnet with black lily, ylang ylang, smoky plum musk, and black amber.

Judith and Holofernes Skin musk, honey, carnation, French magnolia, patchouli, sandalwood, and immortelle.

Mad Kate Honeycomb, red currant, freesia, vanilla, rose geranium, thyme, and gardenia.

Blossoms in Spring Time Vanilla bean and vanilla blossom, golden honey, antiqued amber, beeswax, copal, lotus blossom, and helichrysum.

Muse of Fire an explosion of rainbow-hued flower petals dusted in sugar.

Liebeszauber Honey, rose petals, and carnations – a drop of blood – red clover, cubeb berries, and vanilla cream.

and the most recent addition Blossoming Vulva Golden amber and bourbon vanilla with sweet oak, blue lotus, and tea blossom

From the Post:

Glaucous Snow Snowballs of blue lilac, lotus root, Roman chamomile, sandalwood, and cade.

Do the Dancing Maidens Sleep hyacinth and snow-dusted honeysuckle, sweet with asphodel and honeyed vetiver

So I actually switched over to my Spring collection today! (other than the handful of perfumes I wear year round, my collection is organized by season) and I wanted to add a few more spring faves that I forgot about!

Mother Ghost (this will be a fave this spring, I am sure!) a cold, sheer white musk gleaming with black orchid, benzoin, labdanum, and blackened amber, and embraced by white rose, tea leaf, and vanilla flower.

Nonae Caprotina goat’s milk, ripe fig, and a hint of sweet myrrh.

Boo (I think it's the cotton in this that makes it a spring scent for me) Eerie billows of spun sugar, fluttering white cotton, and sheets of cream.

Body, Remember Profoundly sensual. The echo of caresses: raw black coconut, ambergris accord, ambrette seed, champaca flower, and sugar cane.

The Turkish Village Thick Turkish coffee, cardamom pods, Damascene roses, and buhur.

Southern Cloudywing Cardamom tea, orange peel, mate, oakmoss, tonka bean, sweet cedar, and costus.

Eusapia Pale lilacs, white tea, and candle wax.

Wore Sea of Glass today. I bought an orchid for my grandmother because she loves orchids, and I handed it to my little one to hold while I was putting on my coat. She started exclaiming how she loved it because it smelled so good — "like the purple flowers outside!" I told her "Those are hyacinths, and it's my perfume you're smelling, not the orchid." She sniffed my wrist and went "oh YEAH, that's it." :) It really is the perfect exquisite hyacinth.

I have tested Belgian Chocolate, Orange Blossom, Marshmallow, and Jasmine from this year's Lupers twice so far and find myself constantly sniffing it when I wear it. It is such an intriguing combo with heady florals and foodieness. I realized it is a perfect Easter scent with the foodie elements of chocolate and marshmallow with the strong white florals.

Resurrecting this thread because I'm suddenly craving a perfect Easter morning scent. Something with warming earth, new greens, dewy florals (fingers crossed for early spring bulbs like daffodils, hyacinth, or tulip)...maybe even with a hint of candy? Fresh but not high-pitched, loud, or (god-forbid) soapy. Early reviews for "Qui Aime Bien Châtie Bien" look promising but I'd love other suggestions!

Hedylogos and Hippie Ghost

Resurrecting this thread because I'm suddenly craving a perfect Easter morning scent. Something with warming earth, new greens, dewy florals (fingers crossed for early spring bulbs like daffodils, hyacinth, or tulip)...maybe even with a hint of candy? Fresh but not high-pitched, loud, or (god-forbid) soapy. Early reviews for "Qui Aime Bien Châtie Bien" look promising but I'd love other suggestions!

Coraline Jones:

Dry grass, clean skin, and a little bit of mossy berry.

Amsterdam (Tulips, peony, fresh flowing water and crisp green grasses.)

Also:

Lilium Inter Spinas (Hibiscus syriacus, white sandalwood, lily of the valley, apple blossom, and green fig)

Sea of Glass (an amazing hyacinth)

Titania (A nocturnal bounty of fae dew-kissed petals and pale fruits: white grape, white peach, iced pear, musk rose, sweet pea, moonflower and snapdragon)

Nothing Gold Can Stay (Dewy green leaves colored by Moroccan amber, ginseng, and rooibos. On me it's grassy, cut succulent)

Gorg's Garden (Radishes, freshly turned soil, and soft herbs.)

There is something bright and pretty about Bub, the paranorman scent. Bright soft grass and my favorite bpal musk. One review mentioned soap but that was far from my own experience. The cemetery scents from dark delicacies are beautiful florals too. Also pretty indulgent up in Canada has a few exclusives worth exploring, including a tulip-heavy floral that got high marks in the review thread.

Speaking of Pretty Indulgent, I find Peacocks, the Salon scent, to be a lovely dewy, wet floral, though it might be more later spring/summer. It works really well on me!

Notes are: Asian pear, white musk, bamboo pulp, violet, ambergris, sugar cane, night-blooming jasmine, plum, freesia, and moss.

It seems like a few other Salon scents might be nice florals that could work for this purpose, too, but I can't speak to those, not having tried them.

My vote would be for the Lilith scent: Give Me Thy Breath, My Sister 2015

Alternates: Heel (2016 Lilith), Muse of Fire

Edited by sprout

Thanks for the suggestions everyone~! I've only tried Amsterdam, which didn't really work on me, and Titania, which was nice but too fruity and sweet. I'm definitely going to have to throw a couple of the others in my cart when I place my next order.

I was also going to suggest Amsterdam, as well as Dormouse--the same peony/green blend but with no aquatic notes. Knave of Hearts is rose but with a scone/cake note that reminds me of spring/Easter and garden parties.

Edited by lizabelle

I tend to stick to gourmands as always because most florals don't seem to work very well on me unless there's a creamy element to it. Basically anything with vanilla.

This spring, I'm mostly wearing Volcano In Springtime, Dorian, Jareth, Alice, Mouse's Long and Sad Tale, Mother Ghost, Thw Waltz and Pediophobia (I know it's a Yule but I'm obsessed). Not received my Luper order yet but hopefully I'll find a few more things to add to my spring collection.

This spring I'll be wearing the heck out of Jareth, Dorian, Little Lady Frankenstein, Embalming Fluid, and my favourite RPGs... Elf, Paladin, and Vial Of Holy Water (often all together :)). Have a feeling perfumey vanillas will see a lot of action too so Lyonesse, Liz and Pediophobia will be in the rotation.

This spring I'll be wearing the heck out of Jareth, Dorian, Little Lady Frankenstein, Embalming Fluid, and my favourite RPGs... Elf, Paladin, and Vial Of Holy Water (often all together :)). Have a feeling perfumey vanillas will see a lot of action too so Lyonesse, Liz and Pediophobia will be in the rotation.

Snap! Not tried Lyonesse - is it really in the same vein as Pediophobia?

Edited by RoseMartyr

Snap! Not tried Lyonesse - is it really in the same vein as Pediophobia?

In my brain but possibly not in reality :D Definitely in the perfumey vanilla category though. I'd say the vanilla in it is most similar to the vanilla(s) in Golden Priapus, Tombstone and Snake Oil? More vanilla than Pediophobia on me with lots of ambergris and sea moss.

I can't always wear it, because it's so... salty? but it's fricking amazing. Loads of throw too.

ETA: Looking at the reviews both Ped & Lyonesse have often been compared to Antique Lace. Alas I'll probably never get to sniff that wonderous concoction :cry: but that looks to be the link.

Edited by Scarlet Woodland

I literally swapped my winter scents out for my spring/summer ones yesterday after a week+ worth of 45-55 degree (Fahrenheit) weather only to have to reverse the process this morning because now it's suddenly snowing again.

My current spring scents (up until today's five inches of snow):

On me:

Adrastea

Bensiabel

Mouse's Long and Sad Tale

First Cry of the Warbler on the Plum layered with Bensiabel

De Vos's Unicorn

King Pursued by a Unicorn

Allegory of Chastity

Volcano in Springtime/Blossoming Vulva (basically scent twins)

Love's Philosophy

The Bride layered with Skuld

The Bride layered with Volcano in Springtime/Blossoming Vulva

Poor Monkey

Palmyra

Black Pearl/Hidden Pearls

Obatala

Lovers and a Fan

Tenochtitlan

On my hair:

Jezebel (when I wear Adrastea)

Black Pearl (when I wear anything coconut-containing)

Boo HG

Sharing of the Cake between the Lion and the Unicorn HG

First Cry of the Warbler on the Plum (I'm gonna cry louder than the warbler when my single decant of this runs out - on skin it's a burst of quickly-fading florals followed by honeyed green tea but worn on hair this is a cloud of wisteria blossom that lasts for 48 hours straight)

Love's Philosophy

The Bride

Libra 2016 (when I wear De Vos or Allegory)

Edited by Elspethdixon

this is the first time I have had so many bottles that they won't all fit onto one rack, so I had to separate them into cold-weather and warm-weather scents. I brought out all my planty bottles (Sag 2006, Nothing Gold Can Stay) and florals (Sea of Glass, Humanite) because early spring is the only time I really wear them.

Some scents that I like for spring are:

Embalming Fluid,

Needlework,
Empyreal Mist,

Dorian,

Alice,

Lady Una,

anything that is of fairy,

the Strawberry Moons,

The Mouse's Sad and Long Tail,

Dublin,

the Irish bards series

(A lot of these I wear in summer as well!)

Edited by thekittenkat