Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

Springtime scents

My vote is for Lolita or Bewitched.

Lolita is a more yellow scent, all fun and sexy. I can really smell the heliotrope on me at it is by far, my #1 favorite BPAL scent!

Bewitched smells light and woodsy. Very green with a hint of berry.

Edited by totalimmoral

Someone was mentioning light and green scents - I had Aeval on yesterday and I would say that it qualifies. It's more floral on some, but on me it was light, springy, and green.

The springiest blends I've tried so far:

Alice- Light slightly sweet floral

Danube- fresh watery and lightly floral

Endymion- fresh clean white floral

Persephone- juicy sweet rose

The Unicorn- a little sweet, a little herby and a little floral, very clean fresh scent

Blood Countess- Juicy and fruity and just a little bit floral

Eos- Honeysuckle just screams spring and summer to me

New Orleans- see Eos :P

Embalming Fluid- fresh clean and citrusy

I don't like really heavy florals when the weather is warm, they are just to mutch. I like them better in small doses when they are cut with something else. Unless it's a good honeysuckle blend (I do love the honeysuckle). Usually any thing really clean smelling, watery or fruity are ideal warm weather blends to me.

Aglaea , Euphrosyne and Yerevan are good.

Also Mad Hatter is giving me an incredibly light, happy and bubbly feeling this spring.

And Kitsune-Tsuki is my ultimate happy Spring scent. :P

I highly recommend Arkham Revisited for spring. Empyreal Mist is a good one too, depending on how hot it is; it'll be great for summer.

here are ones I wear when I want to feel freshly showered and extra clean:

Neo Tokyo

Envy

Oneiroi

Chiroptera

very fresh, flowers and herbs...

i think eos and dragon's eye are two of the springiest scents i have, along with a prototype that smells clean and melony and green. and my prototype of dublin, which is clean and piney and white rosey.

aeval, crossroads and tenochtitlan! all three are very sweet green scents for me - herby and light, but carrying a delicious, fertile punch! :P

Okay - I'm probably restating the obvious here, but Beltane really is the

ultimate springtime scent - spring flowers, fresh cut grass, a touch of green herbs.

Okay - I'm probably restating the obvious here, but Beltane really is the

ultimate springtime scent - spring flowers, fresh cut grass, a touch of green herbs.

I WISH it smelled like that on me!! :P Instead I get something sharp and herby then...soap... :D

Among the others that have already been mentioned, I would also include Aizen-Myoo, The Hanging Gardens, & Mi-Go Brain Canister. Mi-Go is more fruity than The Hanging Gardens & leans a little more towards summer than spring.

I'd add Arkham Revisited too. (Okay, probably not surprising, since it's right out of Springtime in Arkham, but I digress). The scent is very green, fresh, and has a touch of fruit that's not sweet at all. It's just perfect.

Another vote for Beltane, it's the essense of spring in a bottle to me. Fae is a good spring time scent too, peach and light florals.

I'm glad I found this thread!

I am about to place a large bottle order and was looking for a spring like scent, but one with some lasting power. I think my favorite spring scent to far is Amsterdam, which is really spring in a bottle, but it only lasts about a half hour on my skin.

Anyway, do any of you know of any long lasting (somewhat at least) spring esque oils?

Thanks!!

Another vote for Beltane, it's the essense of spring in a bottle to me. Fae is a good spring time scent too, peach and light florals.

I was going to vote for Beltane and Fae, too. RainyDayGrey, you're like, a genius, man. :P

Fae lasts forever on me, too - it's got that nice base of white musk so it keeps going and going.

I agree that Eos is also a wonderful spring scent, I just ordered a bottle last weeek in preparation!

This is around the time last year that I started to plan for spring...

Last year I was thinking lemony, citrusy and green tea scents but as it turns out they are so fleeting on me there's almost no point in wearing them.

I think Dublin will stay as a big spring scent for me though (as similar as it is to Skadi, it's a little more springy), and Unicorn...what's left of my Cheshire Cat...and Arkham Revistied and Mi-Go for sure. Short-lasting or not they make me think of last spring! And Spirits of the Dead seems to be a good tea scent.

I don't think I'll bother getting any bottles for spring though as I pretty much just wear my favorites all year. I think Snow White and Mistletoe will still be gorgeous fresh scents for the warmer months though!

Dorian, Embalming Fluid, Morgause (for a sexy spring evening), Phantom Queen, Desdemona (although I personally do not like it) and I'm betting Maiden would be AWESOME (which is why I will probably be buying a bottle unsniffed for spring).

I'm going to stock up on faery scents for spring -- Dana O'Shee, Titania, Fae, a few others that smell like the scent that wafts through the open door between the worlds....