Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

Springtime scents

I wanted to know if anyone could recommend a light, springtime floral with a kick of green. I recently tried out Rapunzel, and I really like it! I think the green note that I like is the wild lettuce, which I haven't seen around a lot.

Have you tried Amsterdam or Rosalind?

Amsterdam
(Wanderlust) - Tulips, peony, fresh flowing water and crisp green grasses.

Rosalind
(Illyria) - Dew-covered berries and fresh green grasses with a faint breath of spring flowers.

Oh, I was thinking of getting Amsterdam, but I didn't notice Rosalind! Thanks!

I've got my staples that get used regardless of weather, but something tells me these are going to be getting more as the weather warms up...

Host of the Air - Grassy sunny happiness. Probably even more used in Summer

Et Lux Fuit - I'm getting a bottle! I'm not restricted to my half imp! The happy yellow flowers are going to be a staple when the weather is good.

Melisande - There are rainy cool days in Spring, too. Something about Melisande makes me think of those days.

Dormouse - I'll pretty much be bathing in this by mid-April

Megaera - Nice and fizzy but not a stereotypical spring scent.

I'll be wearing Kumiho for sure! it just screams Spring to me...

Agreed! :D

Especially when the wheather is still a bit crisp, yet sunny and bright. I've recently tested Kumiho for the first time on just such a day, and it was a perfect scent-wheather-match. It totally added to and enhanced my joy about one of the very first spring days. :wub2:

I totally agree with what others are saying about Host of the Air...very spring-like. Sadly just too "gardenia-candle" scent on my skin :(

It's more difficult for me because I'm definitely an incense/musky/foodie girl and sometimes they just feel too heavy on such bright days and I'm not one for 'green' smells (although there are a couple like Baneberry), sometimes herbal (I'm curious about The Apothecary and Black Hellebore).

Anyways, after all my babbling, my top ones for the recently breaking-into-spring weather has to be:

1. Agape (amazing apple, vanilla, passionfruit creme brulee scent)

2. White Chocolate and Strawberry (didn't think I'd be a fan of this one but on me it smells like i just rubbed fresh sliced strawberries all over me)

3. Lady Lilith (floral sweetness)

4. King of Hearts (lavender cherry goodness- without smelling like cough syrup)

5. Mum Moon (very springy and light)

6. The Witch's Garden (a little more 'green' than I usually wear but yummy nonetheless)

My top spring picks of the moment are Penumbra and Red Rose. Both sweeter than my usual style, but at this time of year, that's exactly what I want.

Penumbra in particular feels very, very springlike to me, or at least as springlike as a scent can be and still work on me. I do not usually get along well with light, sweet, scents, or florals in general, so for me a perfect spring scent has florals and fruit balanced with enough earthy/incensey notes to actually work on my skin, and Penumbra's got the perfect balance.

Red Rose is just all-out love and I expect I will enjoy that one at any time of year. Really need to hunt down a bottle, because my decant's going fat...

I just picked up my very first bottle ever: Embalming Fluid. It's so wonderful and light and springy. It'll also be a very nice cooling scent for summer. Tweedledee and Eden are also very green and springy to me. Tweedle is good for when you want a green with a snap, and Eden is just lovely, creamy and lush.

My Spring scent definitely has to be Antique Lace. It gets a little sweet when it is hot out but it's very nice when there is a slight chill on the air still.

For springtime, my favorite has to be Host of the Air (should have bought two bottles). But today I wanted something with sweet in it also, and am wearing Serpents with Glittering Eyes and Forky Tongues. It's bright and green and citrus-y.

I thought Katrina Van Tassel would be a sure pick for my springtime wear, but she went insipidly sweet when the weather got too warm. Looks like she'll be a wintertime scent.

I think I'll mainly stick to my dark, sexy resins and spices, but when it gets hot and sticky I foresee myself wearing Titania a lot more. She's just so juicy and fresh! Springtime in Northern California rushes right into summer. It's already been over 80 several times, and that's just the preview. By May, it will be in the 90s and even hotter, so I've already broken out my little decant of Pirate Moon. I just arranged for a bottle, so I think it will be my spring-into-summer staple.

I put The Owens' Tomb on today after finding it in my pile of decants and remembering how much it made me think of Easter. Such a great mix of dirt and flowers. It screams Spring!

La Belle au Bois Dormant is my go-to for spring scents. . . it's so fresh and springy, with new blossoms and bright fruits. When it gets hotter, I like La Bella Donna Mia Mente-- it seems more like summer in full bloom. Both are just lovely.

Eos! :D It's the absolute best floral I've tried so far. Soft and feminine and smells exactly like walking into a garden full of blooming flowers.

Voyeurs among the Cherry Blossoms is my current favourite

Whitechapel - lilac makes me think of spring because of the many lilac bushes in my garden, the note does not smell that great on me but I love the fresh flowers

I like Bess -- it smells like Huntington Gardens, with the combination of rose, orange blossom, and rosemary. Of course, lots of people seem to have trouble with the grape note.

I'm thinking Agape is going to become my number one springtime scent. It's just so perfect and fruity and lightly creamy... Pure :heart: .

I just tried Paris for the first time a couple weeks ago and it definitely makes me think of Spring. :wub:

And I agree that Agape is a great Spring scent. :D

I agree about Agape, too. :yum: Delicious spring scent!

I also love

Hanami (cherry blossoms)

Black Opal (vanilla rocks after the rain)

Tweedledee (fruit loops) and Tweedledum (mango!)

I love reading everyone's faves. I may have already posted mine, but just in case, my favorites this early spring season are:

Xiutecuhtli--one of my all-time go-to scents in warmer weather. I can't even explain why I like this one so much. On me, it doesn't smell at all like Angel, like others seem to find, but rather it's junge blossoms and greenery with warm amber deepening it and holding it all together. It's deceptively unusual and yet unobtrusive. Divine!

Cottonmouth--it's got the spring flowers, but that Snake Oil base keeps it from getting over-the-top floral on me

Black Lily--fresh and creamy, casual and sophisticated, and so unlike anything else I wear

I feel like I'll be reaching for Lovers In A Ricefield a lot this spring. The plum blossom reminds me of warmer weather.

I ordered a backup bottle of Mouse's Long and Sad Tale because I plan on wearing it a lot this spring. Fairy Market will come into rotation as well.

i think that this year both prague and amsterdam will be my springtime scents. perhaps some kitsune-tsuki as well.

I think soft florals over cream or honey are really feeling "springy" to me right now. Signoir Dildo, Pink Snowballs, Beanman and Beanwoman, Okayaki.....and i adored Velvet Nudie and Giant Vulva last year when the weather was warmer.