Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

Springtime scents

I wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone had any new recs for spring 2008. I seem never to find the perfect spring scent because of a number of things:<snip>

Sigh. I know I'm a pain in the arse. But if anyone has any suggestions I'd be eternally grateful. I guess I'm looking for some atypical scents that maybe I haven't thought of as spring that give that vibe to others. Maybe there are some out there I just haven't thought of that might work! <snip>

Oh what a pain in the arse! :P One that surprised me the other day was Sagittarius(!) I hadn't thought of it in the general spring sense, but upon wearing it, it just had some kind of feel like early spring when plants are just pushing out of the ground. Perhaps it's the dandelion note(!) The notes seem to avoid your problem note-zones, which is good, but I just peeked at your page and you're not a Sagittarius, don't know how you feel about wearing "other" sign scents, but if you get to try it, see what you think.

Another atypical spring one is Incantation. It makes me see a candle flame in the dark, that whole small warming and light against the darkness thing. The lemon peel is a nice steady sharp scent on me... sometimes other lemony things go dank on me, but not this one.

These ain't exactly screaming tweety birds and blooming abundance are they? :D What can I say, I live in the north and while we've been spoiled with some lovely weather, but several days of snow are in the forecast. Pooey! (Good thing the repairman was able to fix the non-running furnace today!)

Thanks, triptychenchanted, for the suggestions. For some reason, I DO feel weird wearing another sign's oil :P , and I haven't tried any but my own Libra (which sadly didn't work at all on me), but I'm off to check out Incantation. That one has never appeared on my radar for some reason....

I'm having that problem now where I want to be between scents but I am wearing many "fresh" scents to work because they keep nicer for 8 hours than the heavier scents.

My spring time choices:

Cottonmouth (perfect in-between with the light flowers and snake oil)

Earth Ox (happy fruity melon blast)

Hanami (beautiful, clean, airy flowers. This IS spring!)

Rapunzel (crisp, tea-like scent with white flowers)

Shanghai (green tea with honeysuckle)

Dormouse (green tea with peony)

Tissue (rice and honeyed flowers)

The Lantern Ghost of Oiwa (pretty mint floral which has lately turned to sake on my skin :cry2: )

I also bought a bottle of the Spirit of the Komachi Cherry Tree which I'm waiting to arrive but it seems like that will be another good one :)

I just realized the other day how perfect Torture Queen is for spring. White tea, white amber, gardenia & chrome. I thought it would be strictly a summer scent since that's when I first wore it, but I think I'll be reaching for it more often in the spring.

The Rose

Lilium Inter Spinas

The Temptation

Epitaph

... that's a lot of florals. I NEED to try Torture Queen. Hm, wasn't there a circle going....

I am eternally hopeful that spring has finally sprung here but this city usually has a few April/May snow storms to contend with. My picks for spring:

Hope: All sugary, spun rose. It's such an overwhelmingly "pink" scent. So girly and pretty!

Belle Vinu: Beautiful, soft rosewood tempered with sandalwood and peach. I get some of the vanilla in this and it reminds me a bit of the stick sweet vanilla in Snake Charmer.

Makhanitis: Bright, fruity and ass-kicking. A total power scent.

White Moon: It's almost lilac time!

Sundew: So bright, cheery and sweet. It's one of those ultimate good mood scents.

Hony Mone: A luscious and warm second skin honey/floral. Great for rainy or drab days.

Today felt a bit like the first step into spring, it was sunny, bright, yet still a bit crisp and quite windy. The sky looked like it had been brushed clean, so blue and nice...

I've been wearing Kumiho (white tea and ginger), which I received as a frimp with a swap package this morning, and it was a PERFECT (!) match for the weather. It enhanced the beauty of a first really bright day after the greys of winter, and made me feel even a tad happier each time I caught a whiff of it. Blissful! :wub2:

Tweedledee and Eden are great happy, bouncy spring scents, at least on me.

Tweedle is kumquat, white tea, white pepper and orange blossom.

Eden is fig fruit, fig leaf, honeyed almond milk, toasted coconut and white sandalwood.

Fairy Market (from the Stardust series) smells like sugared dew and cool green grass to me. :) And the name is very fitting!

Today I found the springtime-y love that is F5. It smells so green and wet and it was perfect for the warm spring's-coming-on day I had here today. I can has bottle? This decant won't last me very long... :P

Yes, with tomorrow being the last day of winter (calloo! callay!) it's time to break out the springtime scents. Headed for some heavy rotation soon:

Ether

Squirting Cucumber

Dian's Bud

Dirty

Absinthe

Baobhan Sith

Beltane (2005 is my fave)

Holiday Moon

Door 13

Embalming Fluid

Empyreal Mist

Irrelevant and Disturbing Surreal Crawdad Dream

Megaera

Shanghai

And I think Snow, Glass, Apples might fit in there too, though maybe only on the warmer days.

La Vita Nuova - it's just so fresh and clean without being dryer sheet-y

L'Inverno (weird yes, but it works) - it's light and on me, there's a sweetness that's just awesome

Harikata - just plain honey goodness!

Fae - bright and fruity without being cloying

Les Bijoux - again, light, fresh, and sweet (though, i must admit, it's more of a spring-to-summer scent, rather than a winter-to-spring one)

You know, for all that the Illyria scents keep popping up for spring, I'm surprised my favorite hasn't been mentioned!

Hermia! Between the sweet honeysuckle, and that bite of peppercorn, it's just so pretty and charming with just a bit of warmth to it. It makes me feel really girly.

I think I'll be wearing The Miller's Daughter a fair bit next spring. I put it on last night before bed and it's lovely. I can still smell it wafting around from my hair and a smidgen on my wrist which is pretty good for a nice light scent. Yummy.

My spring scents are Croquet, Alice and Cheshire Moon (and not just because I love Alice and Wonderland so much). Croquet is my favorite floral blend, Alice is so cute and innocent and Cheshire Moon is a yummy foody-floral I love so much!

Dormouse! The Peony's are amazing- so fresh and crisp~

Amsterdam! Tulips and clean water~

Owen's Tomb- daffydils!

Severin-the fresh citrus, with a merry tinge of darkness~

Kyoto-the spiced cherry blossom

Edited by dreadpiraterustypants2

My go-to springtime blend is Xiutechutli because it's all jungle blossoms, humidity and amber warmth combined and so unique, but I also just rediscovered my imp of Cottonmouth and promptly ordered a bottle for spring. It may be that aging made it just right, so it may not be read until next spring, but oooh is it delish, flowery with just a hint of Snake Oil vanilla and spice underneath so it never gets too flowery.

The Dormouse is the blend that smells most like spring to me (very green, a bit floral, and a bit of spring rain freshness), but I find myself wearing Tweedledee & Dorian a lot during springtime as well.

I'm thinking Agape will be a very good Spring scent. Also, I love Pink Moon 2005 :wub: for Spring and can't wait to start using it again, so girly! Two more contenders are Tamamo-no-mae and The East. I think The East is good up to early Summer and it's in my top-15 scents: wildflowers and a touch of green and really nice.

I wanted to know if anyone could recommend a light, springtime floral with a kick of green. I recently tried out Rapunzel, and I really like it! I think the green note that I like is the wild lettuce, which I haven't seen around a lot.

I really like Hanami, Lilium Inter Spinas, Endymion, Aeval, Dana O'Shee, Kyoto for spring.

I wanted to know if anyone could recommend a light, springtime floral with a kick of green. I recently tried out Rapunzel, and I really like it! I think the green note that I like is the wild lettuce, which I haven't seen around a lot.

Have you tried Amsterdam or Rosalind?

Amsterdam
(Wanderlust) - Tulips, peony, fresh flowing water and crisp green grasses.

Rosalind
(Illyria) - Dew-covered berries and fresh green grasses with a faint breath of spring flowers.