Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
BeastiestFiend

A Ginger ale scent?

A challenge! I don't know if we can totally replicate it, but here's a list:

Kumiho: Haven't tried it, but it seems simple enough and the combo of tea andd ginger is probably something that we associate with upset stomachs and the like.

Siren: My number one recommendation. It's sweet ginger with a touch of orange blossom. It doesn't have the effervescence of fresh gingerale, but it does kind of remind me of flat gingerale.

Sadly, that's about all I can come up with. If an imp of Siren floats your way, definitely try it. It's the best GC choice I can think of. Maybe Siren layered with Bon Vivant would give you the effervescence of a freshly opened gingerale?

This is going to sound completely off the wall, but try Bewitched from the Bewitching Brews category. The first time I tried it, I jotted down that it seemed effervescent and reminded me of ginger ale. I was quite surprised to find that the notes are blackberry, sage, green tea, wild berries and dark musk... ginger isn't even mentioned.

A more straight-forward suggestion would be Sudha Segara, also from the Bewitching Brews category: "sweet milk and warm, healing ginger with a touch of golden honey and our blend of Ambrosia". It's not fizzy, but it is gingery.

I'd be curious to hear other people's recommendations and the results of your quest. I wouldn't mind smelling like ginger ale myself. :P

Almost every scent I tried from the Tiki Bar collection had a fizzy, effervescent quality like ginger ale bubbles.

I quit drinking soda (for the most part) years and years ago but now I want a frosty glass of ginger ale Sooooooo freaking bad!

I would also love to know what BPAL or layering of BPALs would smell like ginger ale. Keep us posted and let us know if you find what you're looking for! :P

A more straight-forward suggestion would be Sudha Segara, also from the Bewitching Brews category: "sweet milk and warm, healing ginger with a touch of golden honey and our blend of Ambrosia". It's not fizzy, but it is gingery.

I second Sudha Segara, whole-heartedly. To me it even smells a little bubbly, but more like lemon and lime soda than ginger ale. I remember thinking it was way less milky than I was expecting, and much lighter. I don't think I would call it fizzy either.

I'm seconding Kumiho - it had the sharp sweet ginger part, but maybe not the bubbles. Sudha Segara was more creamy on me though.

Eau de Ghoul! On my skin, it's a fizzy, sweet ginger ale. Even in the imp, it smells positively drinkable. Don't let its rather gruesome description deter you; it's a delightfully effervescent ginger scent. Edited by Apple

I can't think of anything I've smelled that is exactly like ginger ale. But, as ivyandpeony mentioned, the Tiki bar scents are very soda-like. Te Po has a lot of ginger and it's probably the most like ginger ale of any BPAL I've smelled, but it has cherry too. (A lot of people think it smells like cherry coke, but to my nose it didn't have that cola quality. Just lots of vodka and ginger, with a twist of mint.)

Kumiho is a plain ginger scent but it's clean, lemony ginger. It doesn't have the bite or effervescence of ginger ale, but it's worthy trying.

Edited by naeelah

Eau de Ghoul! On my skin, it's a fizzy, sweet ginger ale. Even in the imp, it smells positively drinkable. Don't let its rather gruesome description deter you; it's a delightfully effervescent ginger scent.

I second this. It's more earthy, like really good ginger beer. But, yeah.... it's yum.

Eau de Ghoul! On my skin, it's a fizzy, sweet ginger ale. Even in the imp, it smells positively drinkable. Don't let its rather gruesome description deter you; it's a delightfully effervescent ginger scent.

I was just going to type EXACTLY this. :D

I have a shower gel that smells exactly like sweet ginger ale, the tang of lime, and the spicy bite of real ginger. It's a refreshing scent. Are there any bpal scents that are similar? Your response is greatly appreciated. TIA

It's been a while since I tried them, but Mother Ginger (Yule 2010?) and Playing with a Loaded Gun reminded me a bit of ginger ale.

Polynesian Pop from the now DCd Atomic Luau Lounge has ginger ale as one of its notes.. couldn't tell you if it did smell like ginger ale though because my skin chemistry did something awful to it but most reviewers seem to like it as a ginger ale scent..

I will second mother ginger, and also suggest Siren. While Siren is a little more warm/ginger/vanilla, I think it might appeal to ginger-ale lovers as well. :) good luck

Yes, I second both Gnome and Polynesian Pop. Mother Ginger has a sugary/marshmallow note in it, I don't get ale from it - but, it is divine!

Gnome is easy to get a hold of since the RPG line is part of the general catalog. :)

Edited by Antoinette

I love BPAL, but I've always been really disappointed in their gingers. I love a really fresh sort of ginger scent, and that's pretty hard to come by in the BPAL line. Baobhan Sith is probably the only one that's not super heavy (to me), but ginger is definitely not at all the dominant note in that scent.

Must try Gnome and Siren!

Polynesian Pop was ALL ginger ale on me, complete with bubbles. I hardly got any rum or orange.

I wouldn't call it ginger ale, but Kumiho is quite gingery, though it's ginger tea.

Gnome's pretty good, though it is peppery.

Weirdly, I get fizzy gingerale from Eau de Ghoul. But there's also leather and dirt.

Mother Ginger is ginger ale + marshmallows. Polynesian Pop is brighter and more orangey. Both are fizzy and delicious, though Mama G is more compatible with the cooler weather.