Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Flowermouth

What BPAL would this fictional character wear?

Ah cool! we play classic world of darkness ; werewolf: the apocalypse.

Tala is a 16 year old high schooler living in King Cove, Alaska. She is very witty and always a bit sarcastic. At school she takes on the role of 'the interesting and mysterious outsider' and she is interested in occult and supernatural things. She and her three best friends just found out that they are werewolves, Tala was the first that changed; triggered by fear and rage when a taxidriver tried to rob them, she changed into a giant beast and ripped the guy apart. She does not know much about the whole werewolf thing and what it means for her and her friends yet.

Ah, my favorite game!

What tribe do you see her eventually fitting into, if any at all? Also, auspice? :D

I am creating a World of Darkness character that is loosely based on Ginger from the movie Ginger Snaps and I am curious; what kind of scent would you think she'd wear?

Shub-Niggurath seems like a cop out answer, but it seems not unsuitable. I can see Ginger (or Ginger-like characters) wearing gingery things. :) Maybe Jailbait, Three Witches, or Pepper, as other suggestions. One of the Blood Moons might also work, especially '05.

Hmm.. I like the idea of Pepper! Thanks!

And Acid: I do not a lot about the tribes yet, but my auspice is the Philodox. (I guess this request had better fitted in the scent recs for roleplaying charactters, sorry).

Hmm.. I like the idea of Pepper! Thanks!

And Acid: I do not a lot about the tribes yet, but my auspice is the Philodox. (I guess this request had better fitted in the scent recs for roleplaying charactters, sorry).

I LOVE playing Philodox almost as much as Theurges. :D I once had a metis Black Fury Philodox, she was pretty cool, though bitter. Don't worry about it, if you want, we can move this over to the other thread while I look through and try to find scents that might fit Tala. :D

Hey Acid! I am thinking about joining the black furies as well!

My current werewolf World of Darkness character is a Ragabash Fianna. And since her first name is 'rose' a scent of pure, light roses would work very well on her. Or else something reminiscent of Ireland since that's where she's from.

However, the ultimate werewolf scent is, obviously, Loup Garou. Love it!

Any ideas for popular characters in anime and manga?

I'm really excited especially about Tsubasa Chronicle, because they're finally coming out with a new chapter after years.

(I ordered RPG Mage while thinking about Fai D. Flourite, but it doesn't quite fit. I'm looking for something clean, frosty, light and sweet. He's absolutely one of my favorite characters.)

I'm really excited especially about Tsubasa Chronicle, because they're finally coming out with a new chapter after years.

(I ordered RPG Mage while thinking about Fai D. Flourite, but it doesn't quite fit. I'm looking for something clean, frosty, light and sweet. He's absolutely one of my favorite characters.)

They are?! Oh wow, I might need to actually finish it then. I'll reread my books and then get back to you on Fai. :D

Hmm, I'll put in my own request for a recommendation. Kazuma Kuwabara from Yu Yu Hakusho. I am literally stumped. Something manly, but you also have to keep his kindness and TRUE LOVE thing into account. Also his sensitivity to spirits... o.o He's basically a street punk that goes on to fight demons.

"Kuwabara was described as a stupid and ugly person. However he is extremely loyal to his friends and has a very strict code of honor. He would do anything for his friends and for love. He can be clumsy, reckless, and is also stubborn, persistent, and also has a great sense of humor. He doesn't give up a fight, even if he's injured. He has a temper, but not as bad as Yusuke's. He has a kind heart and an honest nature. He does not fight girls. Kuwabara is considered the kindest of the main characters." - From the Yu Yu Hakusho wiki.

Hey Acid! I am thinking about joining the black furies as well!

Black Furies? Sweet! I love them! That'll help me a lot! What notes were you thinking might fit? Or would very much NOT fit? :o I haven't tested all of my collection, so I'd be going on the scent descriptions to find something.

Anyone watch Hannibal? I need me some Hannibal scents!

Hannibal Lecter (ugh, can't decide). Is there a gourmand scent with blood and chianti notes, ha:
Bluebeard: A scent swirling with dark rage, unbridled jealousy, and murderous intent. Violet, lavender, white musk and vetiver. Unfortunately discontinued.
Al-Shairan: The enemy of God, also named Iblis, He Who Despaired of the Mercy of God. Al-Shairan is the leader of the Jinn, a tempter who whispers false suggestions to men enticing them into evil and perfidious acts, and is the sworn enemy of all of Adam’s children. His scent is fiery, bright and thick with sweet sinfulness: clove, peach and orange with cinnamon, patchouli and dark incense notes. Season 2 Hannibal.
Villian: A classic Victorian men’s cologne: a lavender fougere, with hints of lilac, lime, and citrus musk.
Whitechapel: A gentlemen’s blend, possessed of dignity, charm and refinement, but in truth masking a corrupted, hideous, soulless core. White musk, lime, lilac and citron. Season 1 Hannibal.

Will Graham (ideally I want to smell what Hannibal smelled when he... smelled Will. Sweet and feverish, which one is that). Anyway:

Beginning of Season 2:
Inferno: The Dark Side of Fire: cinnamon, bitter almond, and neroli. Heavily spiced, torrid, and possibly conflagrant.

Middle of season 2.
Intrigue: A sultry, exotic scent that inspires devious plotting and clandestine affairs. It is a scent painted in artifice, veiled in deceit, and slithering with whispered secrets. Black palm, with cocoa, fig and shadowy wooded notes.

Finale of season 2:
Thorns: The Prince was beside himself with grief, and in his despair he jumped right down from the tower, and, though he escaped with his life, the thorns among which he fell pierced his eyes out. Then he wandered, blind and miserable, through the wood, eating nothing but roots and berries, and weeping and lamenting the loss of his lovely bride. Thorn-spiked vines, blood, and tears.

Edited by foxwrapped

Hannibal Part 2

Wendigo

Depraved: A salacious, lecherous, leering scent – dirty and dark, slapped with a wet sweetness. Earthy black patchouli swelling with apricot.
Feathered Stag
Thanatopsis: A deep, solomn earthen scent containing pine, juniper and musk.
Alana Bloom
I honestly have no idea. Help!
Abigail Hobbs
Salome: A scent that is both coquettish and sinister. Exotic and lush, brimming with grace and viciousness: almond with star jasmine, oakmoss, red sandalwood and Egyptian musk.
Freddie Lounds
Saw-scaled Viper: snake Oil with cinnamon, cassia, and red ginger.

LOVE Hannibal! (is it coming back anytime soon?) - I think Whitechapel would be dead-on. I mean, you kind of want to put a foodie undernote with the character, but if he wore a cologne, it would be old world and pure class, probably very rare and expensive.

I think this might be the right place to put this... I matched up a whole bunch of fandom things with BPAL scents recently. It's on my tumblr and is mostly Dr. Who, Supernatural, Harry Potter etc.

YES, my favorites things matched with BPAL!

Hahaha, I particularly like Moffat’s Mind - the blind, idiot god who sits on a black throne at the center of Chaos

Perfect.

Edited by foxwrapped

I think this might be the right place to put this... I matched up a whole bunch of fandom things with BPAL scents recently. It's on my tumblr and is mostly Dr. Who, Supernatural, Harry Potter etc.

YES, my favorites things matched with BPAL!

Hahaha, I particularly like Moffat’s Mind - the blind, idiot god who sits on a black throne at the center of Chaos

Perfect.

That one just seemed to fit! :wink:

They are?! Oh wow, I might need to actually finish it then. I'll reread my books and then get back to you on Fai. :D

Hmm, I'll put in my own request for a recommendation. Kazuma Kuwabara from Yu Yu Hakusho. I am literally stumped. Something manly, but you also have to keep his kindness and TRUE LOVE thing into account. Also his sensitivity to spirits... o.o He's basically a street punk that goes on to fight demons.

"Kuwabara was described as a stupid and ugly person. However he is extremely loyal to his friends and has a very strict code of honor. He would do anything for his friends and for love. He can be clumsy, reckless, and is also stubborn, persistent, and also has a great sense of humor. He doesn't give up a fight, even if he's injured. He has a temper, but not as bad as Yusuke's. He has a kind heart and an honest nature. He does not fight girls. Kuwabara is considered the kindest of the main characters." - From the Yu Yu Hakusho wiki.

I haven't watched this anime (yet), so feel free to take this rec with a grain of salt. Minus the first sentence, that character description sounds exactly like my husband, and his favorite BPAL is Dragon's Hide. For whatever that's worth! :laugh:

Hannibal Part 2

Wendigo

Depraved: A salacious, lecherous, leering scent – dirty and dark, slapped with a wet sweetness. Earthy black patchouli swelling with apricot.
Feathered Stag
Thanatopsis: A deep, solomn earthen scent containing pine, juniper and musk.
Alana Bloom
I honestly have no idea. Help!
Abigail Hobbs
Salome: A scent that is both coquettish and sinister. Exotic and lush, brimming with grace and viciousness: almond with star jasmine, oakmoss, red sandalwood and Egyptian musk.
Freddie Lounds
Saw-scaled Viper: snake Oil with cinnamon, cassia, and red ginger.

Ooh, I like these! Maybe Katharina for Alana?

Can I borrow this thread to ask for recs for my NaNoWriMo characters? I have a few in mind, but I'll start with the one who's giving me the toughest time.

You know the "chosen one" trope you see in fantasy? This character thinks it applies to him. He's built his entire life around the idea that he's the human manifestation of a god. He has trampled over everyone he loves in his quest to reach the realm of the gods, where he believes he'll be welcomed with open arms. Unfortunately, his interpretation of the religious texts is wrong -- the closest thing to a "chosen one" isn't him but his mother, and all that lives in the realm is a civilization more advanced than his own. When he discovers this, he decides he'd rather declare war than alter his self-image. And because the system of magic is partly based on how well one can imagine things into existence, his capacity for self-delusion actually does manage to lend him nearly godlike powers.

He's devout, but the god he worships is neither benevolent nor malicious. He's selfish and vain, at first because he believes it's his birthright, and later as a defense against those who tell him it isn't. In personal relationships, he lacks the capacity for empathy even when he's doing his best to be kind. I want an icy, sharp, light scent for him, perhaps with a subtle touch of warmth or sweetness.

Peculiarly, out of my small collection, Rose Cross reminds me the most of him. Something in it comes off as pure but cold to me, though I haven't heard anyone else say the same. I would adore any other suggestions!

Can I borrow this thread to ask for recs for my NaNoWriMo characters? I have a few in mind, but I'll start with the one who's giving me the toughest time.

That sounds interesting! I'd love to read your story when it's finished. I think Ice (Devoted ruthlessness. This is the scent of razors, cold metal, icicles, and her diamond-tipped claws: eucalyptus blossom, crystalline musk, white ginger, mint, and elemi) would be perfect for him. A lot of people describe it as a cool, pure but aggressive cologne, so... seems it would be a fit.

Other lighter scents from the GC that might fit him would be:

Death On A Pale Horse - Empty white musk and mint seeped with solemn lavender, doleful patchouli and vetiver, scythe-sharp yuzu and lime, with geranium bourbon, white sandalwood and calla lily.

Embalming Fluid - White musk, green tea, aloe and lemon.

Sea of Glass - A scent of inimitable purity, crystalline grace, and limitless light.

And then thematically I think of these, though they might be richer and warmer than you'd prefer:

The Bow & Crown of Conquest - Nobility and haughtiness befitting the Antichrist: sage, carnation and cedar with lavender, vanilla, white musk and leather.

Nephilim - Holy frankincense and hyssop in union with earthy fig, defiled by black patchouli and vetiver, with a chaotic infusion of lavender, cardamom, tamarind, rosemary, oakmoss and cypress.

Faustus - Truly an exercise in megalomania and self-gratification: frankincense and cinnamon, darkened by violet.

Pride - The scent of rabid hauteur: Moroccan rose and narcissus.

If you're willing to track down some LEs you might also want to try:

Black Ice - Lovely, dangerous, slick, and bitterly cold: chilly white sleet-like notes with a hint of vetiver, a breath of smoky asphalt, and winter wind.

Moon of Ice - Frost-crusted winter flowers, white pine, eucalyptus, and traditional lunar oils.

Ice Prince - As beautiful and cold as a December storm. Crystalline musk, winter lily, bergamot, plum, and frozen pine boughs.

ice Prince is technically a bath oil, but they've always worked well as scented moisturizers for me too... good luck with the story and finding a scent for your character!

That sounds interesting! I'd love to read your story when it's finished. I think Ice (Devoted ruthlessness. This is the scent of razors, cold metal, icicles, and her diamond-tipped claws: eucalyptus blossom, crystalline musk, white ginger, mint, and elemi) would be perfect for him. A lot of people describe it as a cool, pure but aggressive cologne, so... seems it would be a fit.

All of this sounds amazing. I can picture some of it suiting other characters, too. Ice is a must-try for this character. The first time I saw it, I worried that it'd end up smelling too feminine, but the description you've mentioned would be a wonderful fit. Some of the others were already on my wishlist, and I'll see how many I can fit into my next imp order. Moon of Ice is another must, if I can find it -- this character and his three siblings are named after the moons of Jupiter, and I can't imagine a scent like that not working for one of them.

Thanks so much! If you're interested, I would be so happy to share some excerpts sometime. (I'll also probably be back soon to bother kind people like you to make suggestions for another round of characters.)

Anybody here a fan of Welcome to Night Vale? I feel like '51' is great Cecil scent, but not sure about Carlos. Maybe something from Steamworks.

Anybody here a fan of Welcome to Night Vale? I feel like '51' is great Cecil scent, but not sure about Carlos. Maybe something from Steamworks.

Whoa, nice call on 51, that would be perfect. Carlos is hard. Mostly because I want to have something...jolty/mechanical because science, but also coffee because my headcannon is that he drinks it like water, but also I want to add what a sweet, curious and kind character he is, or was to my last recollection since I'm about 7 episodes behind.

So either Dia De Los Reyes (warm and kind and comfy) or something like Galvanic Goggles would be my guesses, although I'm eager to see what anyone else would think.

All of this sounds amazing. I can picture some of it suiting other characters, too. Ice is a must-try for this character. The first time I saw it, I worried that it'd end up smelling too feminine, but the description you've mentioned would be a wonderful fit. Some of the others were already on my wishlist, and I'll see how many I can fit into my next imp order. Moon of Ice is another must, if I can find it -- this character and his three siblings are named after the moons of Jupiter, and I can't imagine a scent like that not working for one of them.

Thanks so much! If you're interested, I would be so happy to share some excerpts sometime. (I'll also probably be back soon to bother kind people like you to make suggestions for another round of characters.)

I'm glad I could help! MoI sounds promising with the connection to Jupiter's moons. And yes, I'd totally be into looking at some excerpts. I'll send you a PM! :) Thanks.

Game of thrones:

Cersei: Hellcat

Jaime: Sin

Jon Snow: Black Forest

Dany: Dragon Blood

Tyrion: no, not Imp. He wears Sed Non Satiata

Catelyn: Prurience

I'll think of the others later.

ooh fun.

Ned Stark: Highwayman

Catelyn: Whoso List to Hunt

Jon Snow: The Black Rider

Arya: Anne Bonny

Sansa: The Lady of Shalott

Joffrey: Whitechapel

Cersei: Hunger

Jaime: The Bow & Crown of Conquest

Tyrion: Perversion or Wilde

Littlefinger: Envy

The Spider: Viola

Drogo: Wild Men of Jezirat al Tennyn

Danaerys: Dragon's Milk

Viserys: Wrath, or The Sea Foams Blood

Now all I want to do is curl up and read...

Love it!

my thoughts:

Cersei: Tsiphone

Jaime: Golden Priapus

Tyrion: Santo Domingo

Sansa: Phobos

Arya: Gnome

John Snow: Black Forest

Daenerys: Dragon's Milk

Drogo: Coyote

Sorry guys, I think "The Lion" (MTP) is Tyrion's scent. But I have always seen him as a Lion. Golden Priapus is perfect for Jaime.

We need some for

Roose Bolton

The Hound

Brienne the Beauty

Ser Jorah

Reagar Targaryen

Robb Stark

Tywin Lanister