Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Flowermouth

What BPAL would this fictional character wear?

Does anybody have any thoughts on what scents they identify with OUAT (Once Upon a Time) characters? I mean, Poisoned Apple is a given for Regina, as is Jolly Roger for Hook and Rumple's even got one bearing his name (my personal favorite), but are there any others that people associate with them? :)

Oooh...I don't know any of the OUAT characters...but it is a popular show so hopefully somebody will chime in with ideas!

OK, what scent would Molly Weasley wear?

I am helping out with a series of gradeschool Halloween parties this year, and I'm with a group of teachers that is doing a Harry Potter theme.

It was decided that I would have to be Molly Weasley, as there are a few similarities - similar body type, I wear goofy patchwork coats, generally kitchen-witchy-ness, and I want to have a dozen kids.

So of course, I have to coordinate my perfume for this event! Not to mention how important scent association is to the creative process - maybe the right perfume will help me get in character and come up with an awesome costume.

For Molly Weasley I think you'll definitely want to find something part foody and part magical, perhaps with a bit of soot or worn wool in it. Shubb-Nuggurath is the only GC that I can think of that would come close, but it might be more fun to try some layering as well. Perhaps...

Jack

Drink Me

Dwarven Ale

Halfling

or

Hoggle

over

Brimstone

Voodoo

Arcana

The Chicken-Legged Hut

or

No. 93 Engine

Edited by BoneBone24

Oooh...I don't know any of the OUAT characters...but it is a popular show so hopefully somebody will chime in with ideas!

OK, what scent would Molly Weasley wear?

I am helping out with a series of gradeschool Halloween parties this year, and I'm with a group of teachers that is doing a Harry Potter theme.

It was decided that I would have to be Molly Weasley, as there are a few similarities - similar body type, I wear goofy patchwork coats, generally kitchen-witchy-ness, and I want to have a dozen kids.

So of course, I have to coordinate my perfume for this event! Not to mention how important scent association is to the creative process - maybe the right perfume will help me get in character and come up with an awesome costume.

I love perfume coordination, excellent idea! I could see her with any scent that was smoky, but in a floo powder sort of way lol, and some dessert as well, like a pie. A combo of those two, I think.

For Molly Weasley, maybe Calaveras - I remember that being a buttery, bright, foody scent, but also a little preternatural and with a hint of pepper and smoke. Good for a kitchen-witch.

I was thinking about Artemiy Burakh earlier (from the game Pathologic) since the game was so kind as to have a character comment on what he smells like (burning leaves and autumn earth, it stuck in my mind). Now I'm curious about his counterpart, Daniel Dankovsky. Hard to describe Dankovsky since he's so complicated, and the game is so complicated, but - he's an elegant, youthful, beautiful medical researcher from the capital (the game kinda sorta takes place in an alternate reality version of pre-revolutionary Russia, but also kinda sorta doesn't, basically, he's urbane and a little Westernized) who founded an experimental thanatological laboratory researching a way to end death.

VERY intense (to an extent that's slightly terrifying). He thinks of himself as clever, cold, logical, and a man of principle, and he's wrong on every count. He's overly emotional, easily hurt, and easily led by anger and viciousness, but also easily led by dreams and love. (He's a little childlike, in a way.) Not saying he's not tough as nails and a dangerous man, because he is by necessity - the game takes place in a plague-ravaged settlement on the steppe - and I always got the feeling that by Day 11 he gets a cold, sick pleasure out of killing, but all the same, beneath the self-righteous cutthroat amorality he's a dreamer who's in a lot of pain.

I went to post this yesterday but the malware warnings blocked me.

Does anybody have any thoughts on what scents they identify with OUAT (Once Upon a Time) characters? I mean, Poisoned Apple is a given for Regina, as is Jolly Roger for Hook and Rumple's even got one bearing his name (my personal favorite), but are there any others that people associate with them? :)

One of my guilty pleasure shows...

In general I think Bewitched would be a good fit for Storybrooke, Jezebel for Regina, Black Forest for the huntsman/Graham, Pepper (Gaiman line) for Emma (it has a feminine yet feisty feel), The Rose for Belle (it's more girly than Belle Vinu), Jailbait for Stroybrooke version of Red. That's all I have for now.

I went to post this yesterday but the malware warnings blocked me.

One of my guilty pleasure shows...

In general I think Bewitched would be a good fit for Storybrooke, Jezebel for Regina, Black Forest for the huntsman/Graham, Pepper (Gaiman line) for Emma (it has a feminine yet feisty feel), The Rose for Belle (it's more girly than Belle Vinu), Jailbait for Stroybrooke version of Red. That's all I have for now.

Those all sound perfect!

I keep trying to find something for Baelfire/Neal, I'm sure I'll come up with something suitable for him. :)

I need to know what scents you all think embodies Vanellope Von Schweetz from Wreck It Ralph! She is adorable and I love her! So what scent would she wear? I need to know and I need to own it! LOL :wub2:

I need to know what scents you all think embodies Vanellope Von Schweetz from Wreck It Ralph! She is adorable and I love her! So what scent would she wear? I need to know and I need to own it! LOL :wub2:

The first thing that jumps to mind is Schrodinger's Cat: sweet and lively, but not delicate. There's a fizz to it that I associate with Vanellope, maybe that would work!

Monster Bait: Tokyo Stomp

Vanilla Mint! (Although Vanellope might be more chocolate mint, based on her costume)

Tzi

Awe two cool options but I feel she had to be more candy like...licorice, gummi bears, a little chocolate, frosting, sprinkles. And maybe mint.

Awe two cool options but I feel she had to be more candy like...licorice, gummi bears, a little chocolate, frosting, sprinkles. And maybe mint.

It sounds like some of the things from Lilith's Pickman Gallery might fit the bill. I'm thinking particularly of Cykranosh (Sour gummi bears, cherry cordial, and apricot preserves), Love (Marshmallows and rose sugar with whipped vanilla cream and a hint of strawberry) and Uncle Brian (Raspberry sherbet dotted with orangesicle, merlot gelato, pink cotton candy, and iced lime).

What is this Love fragrance you speak of sounds lovely...off to hunt! ;)

EDIT: not seeing it?

EDIT again: I did find it with a google search! Can I still order it? Can't afford it right now sadly but just curious??

Edited by Vanilla323

EDIT again: I did find it with a google search! Can I still order it? Can't afford it right now sadly but just curious??

The Lilith-series (the Tremulous Song) that contained Love was taken down in June I believe. I have a bottle of Love, and it's the best rose-scent I've ever smelled! It's not marshmallow-y on me, just sweet and creamy roses.

The Lilith-series (the Tremulous Song) that contained Love was taken down in June I believe. I have a bottle of Love, and it's the best rose-scent I've ever smelled! It's not marshmallow-y on me, just sweet and creamy roses.

I love... Love.. >___> it's an amazing scent!

Ahhh! Well if it's mainly rose it probably wouldn't work for me. ;)

So, what would be appropriate for Beetlejuice? I'm thinking something mossy, but what?

Something with damp earth with a light-hearted fun spirit. Frumious Bandersnatch comes to mind with its berry cheeriness.

Alternately, perhaps something with a hint of banana in it for the Day-O song? :whistle:

Something with damp earth with a light-hearted fun spirit. Frumious Bandersnatch comes to mind with its berry cheeriness.

Alternately, perhaps something with a hint of banana in it for the Day-O song? :whistle:

Excellent! You reminded me of Jazz Funeral, which should be perfect...for someone else. It smells bad on me.

Oh, and I see now I should have posted this in the costume thread. Darn. :huh?:

I am creating a World of Darkness character that is loosely based on Ginger from the movie Ginger Snaps and I am curious; what kind of scent would you think she'd wear?

I am creating a World of Darkness character that is loosely based on Ginger from the movie Ginger Snaps and I am curious; what kind of scent would you think she'd wear?

I'm not sure, since I don't know anything about that character, but what type of character is she? I do know a good deal about world of darkness, so I might be able to help out.

Ah cool! we play classic world of darkness ; werewolf: the apocalypse.

Tala is a 16 year old high schooler living in King Cove, Alaska. She is very witty and always a bit sarcastic. At school she takes on the role of 'the interesting and mysterious outsider' and she is interested in occult and supernatural things. She and her three best friends just found out that they are werewolves, Tala was the first that changed; triggered by fear and rage when a taxidriver tried to rob them, she changed into a giant beast and ripped the guy apart. She does not know much about the whole werewolf thing and what it means for her and her friends yet.

Edited by Lucide