Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Flowermouth

What BPAL would this fictional character wear?

I was looking to use a base of Castitas ... and perhaps layer something a bit darker. I'm open to suggestions :)

Something with dark exotic flowers, maybe honey, gplden amber or musk... just languidly feline. ..

Hellcat? ;)

A soft, sensual, luxuriant blend with a wicked bite: hazelnut, buttercream, honey mead, rum and sweet almond.

What would you suggest for Catwoman?

I was thinking something that smelled like heavy whipping cream.

Hmm.. as others have said, nothing from the general catalogue (GC) springs to mind :(

So I would suggest you go search through the 'For Sale' section here on the forum, and see if you can find a decant of:

Boo (any year would be OK, but 2009 seems to be the most creamy) - this is a rich vanilla cream.. it's heavy on the vanilla, but worth a try

Milk Moon (05 or 07) - this is like a heavy clotted cream, on me it goes slightly sour but most people find it to be very creamy/milky

Castitas would work nicely as a base though - so if you're going to go that route, then you could look at layering something like The Lion over it for a lovely golden amber.

Thanks for the suggestions. Like I said, I'm still brand new to much of this, so it's going to take me a while to get the hang of this whole shindig :)

I will definitely keep an eye out for these mentioned (and if anyone has imps they'd like to sell me, by all means, lemme know)

The more I think about it, the more I think of a deep/dark fruit with a musk or amber layered on that heavy cream note. I guess my search begins!

Thanks for the suggestions. Like I said, I'm still brand new to much of this, so it's going to take me a while to get the hang of this whole shindig :)

I will definitely keep an eye out for these mentioned (and if anyone has imps they'd like to sell me, by all means, lemme know)

The more I think about it, the more I think of a deep/dark fruit with a musk or amber layered on that heavy cream note. I guess my search begins!

For creaminess, Agrat-Bat-Mahlaht (amber, cream accord, white honey, apple blossom, skin musk, caramel, and teak)? No dark fruits in there, but definitely the first thing that springs to mind. You will have to brave the sales pages for it, though! Maybe Prunella (Ripe purple plums, wildflowers, and cream).

I'd second Agrat-Bat-Mahlat, and also add in Zarita The Doll Girl, as much for the description as the notes ...

A tiny woman stands in the center of the stage, the perfect woman in miniature, her copper hair bouncing in elegant curls. She is surrounded on all sides by a necropolis of maimed, mutilated stuffed animals, decapitated fashion dolls, and eviscerated wooden figures. It is a strangely ghastly tableau: the disemboweled toys ooze fiberfill, batting, and sawdust from their gaping wounds. In one dainty hand she clutches a shard of glass, and in the other she nimbly twirls a razor blade. Her face is twisted in a grimace of mad ferocity, and she hisses as she brandishes her makeshift weapons at you. “Play with me?” she growls.

Soft, yet sociopathic: white carnation, iris, orange blossom, and sugared cream.

Personally I love Zarita, and I think she still may be up on Etsy.

That said this morning I put on Heroine and thought of your Catwoman, this is a very vanilla sugary scent to me, a bit poufy but with a very round large profile. Yes I know that makes no sense. Heroine is like cotton candy to me.

Ok silly question. I've been replaying one of my favorite video game series, Mass Effect and I can't help wondering what would Commander Shepard smell like? What would her favorite bpal be? I normally play paragon and a strong biotic. Any ideas?

Also if anyone has any ideas about her crew that'd be awesome too.

Mass Effect!!!!! YAY!!!!!

My Shepard is also a paragon biotic, she's a red head and a bit fiery.

I feel like Liz would be a good choice - smoky leather, and a hint of florals.

Western Diamonback is another choice, vanilla-y snake oil goodness, with a hint of dominance with the leather and sage.

Garrus (my romantic interest) would be R'yleh - is a nice masculine like with a hint of aquatic. For some reason it strikes me as a Garrus scent.

Liara - I want to suggest something floral, but with book undertones. Maybe something like Vassilisa?

I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite thread on the forum! Nice choices, Beckie. :cheer: I would seriously die if Beth ever did a Bioware line.

I always play paragon FemShep (with a bit of a renegade streak). I see her wearing something crazy sexy and a little bit dangerous, like Loviatar or Mme. Moriarty.

Garrus is my preferred love interest too, and I like the idea of him wearing something really rugged and a little cocky, like Brom Bones or Doc Constantine.

I see Joker wearing something sweet, but still masculine. Velvet Bandito, maybe.

Tali has to wear something metallic and soft, like Torture Queen, or something very "purple," like Prunella.

Liara strikes me as a soft lavender gal - Luna Azul for her.

Samara is essentially a lawful neutral cleric, so she would layer those three RPGs.

Kaidan is such a good guy that he needs a classical masculine perfume like Antony, or something sweet and unisex like Dorian or Tristran.

Since EDI's an AI, Kataniya seems appropriate for her.

The Illusive Man seems like a Whitechapel or Iago sort of guy - clean and put-together, but with a really malevolent streak.

Jack IS the Illustrated Woman, so that one's easy. :)

Saren might be good in Bed of Nails - lots of metal and wood - or Cyborg, because, well, yeah.

Legion needs to have something metallic too - No. 93 Engine would be a good choice.

Thane would smell like 51, Pollution, or Alien Invasion, I think. He needs something green and musky.

I see Ashley wearing Liz or Midnight on the Midway, actually: something girly yet bad-ass.

Wrex seems like a Fighter or Ozymandias guy because I imagine Tuchanka would actually smell like blood, metal, and lots of dust.

Chakwas is a bit of a lush, so one of the Tiki blends would be good for her.

Miranda needs something refined, like Antique or Black Lace, or crisp and clean, like Kumiho.

I see Jacob wearing something unisex with a light leather note, like Jareth or Paladin.

A Japanese master thief like Kasumi needs some Neo-Tokyo.

Zaeed needs something super boozy. The Sailor's Den, then.

Hackett needs to smell like Lear - commanding and masculine.

Sovereign and Harbinger would smell like Smokestack, and the collectors and reaper minions would smell like death, so that goes to Gore Shock, naturally.

I've put way too much thought into this. :lol:

Oh this is awesome!! I love the the thought put into it! :joy: I could only think of notes or types of perfume I thought they'd like but there's still a ton of perfumes I haven't tried yet. Think I'll grad some imps of some of these.

My Shepard is also a feisty redheads and is normally an adept or a vanguard! And lady's I like we can all agree Gar-bear is the best! Something about his voice and his attitude.

Also Kitty Hawk that's the name of one of my characters in DA2! I'd kill for a bioware line!!

May I just say that this thread is awesome? Mass Effect for the WIN!

My shep is a Paragon vanguard, but with some trouble controlling her emotions at times. I too see her wearing Mme. Moriarty or Smut for that matter (need to seduce Garrus in the heat of the fight)!

and for some reason I think of The Robotic Scarab when I think of Garrus. The metallic notes, leather and (I totally forgot it also has "thin lubricating oils" in it...) warmth of it really seems to suit his cuddleable personality . wub.gif

If a Bioware line (or Mass EFfect only for that matter) ever came out I'd have to say goodbye to my wallet, it would be something I NEED all bottles of.

While I do like Loviatar for Faith, the first and only Faith sent in my mind is Alecto. Unceasing in anger, and one of the kindly ones, darkness used for good. Plus, I dunno, it just is her scent in my mind. ALECTO: Olive leaf, raspberry leaf, vetiver and cedarwood.

I had not seen this thread when I wrote the review, but the first thing I thought when I put VILF on was that it was what Faith would wear.

I read through and did not see suggestion for DOWNTON ABBEY, and I am in the mood to watch Season 1 again.

OH!, and ARCHER!

(Could I have picked two more different ones?)

I've been watching the new show Hannibal... wonder what the characters of this show would smell like.

I don't know why, but I'm torn between imagining Lecter smelling like something heavy, bloody and warm, and smelling like a cold, distant men's cologne, with just a hint of something evil underneath... Transeo maybe?

Will must smell fuzzy and insane... like a mix of Ivanushka and Pain...

Jack Crawford, I don't know, I have trouble with this character... Baron Samedi, maybe. Something a bit acrid, edgy...

Freddie Lounds, she's very annoying but smart... a smart version of Loise Lane... maybe Blood Countess, because it's feminine, without being overly soft, it's pop and colorful, just like Freddie, and can be a bit on the annoying side, on the wet stages.

Abigail Hobbes... I see her as a softer, more human version of Will. A smarter one, too, despite the mistakes she makes due to her age. White Rabbit. That's my guess.

Alana Bloom, well, I find her to be motherly and a bit flat (sorry if someone is a fan), so I would go with something like Tomora.

Dr.Bedelia du Maurier, well, this is the most feminine character of the whole show, and I would go with... Sudha Segara. Because I imagine her scent to be soft, feminine, and so close to the skin, you can smell it only if you are close enough.

Hope to hear your opinion.

I've been watching the new show Hannibal... wonder what the characters of this show would smell like.

I don't know why, but I'm torn between imagining Lecter smelling like something heavy, bloody and warm, and smelling like a cold, distant men's cologne, with just a hint of something evil underneath... Transeo maybe?

Will must smell fuzzy and insane... like a mix of Ivanushka and Pain...

Jack Crawford, I don't know, I have trouble with this character... Baron Samedi, maybe. Something a bit acrid, edgy...

Freddie Lounds, she's very annoying but smart... a smart version of Loise Lane... maybe Blood Countess, because it's feminine, without being overly soft, it's pop and colorful, just like Freddie, and can be a bit on the annoying side, on the wet stages.

Abigail Hobbes... I see her as a softer, more human version of Will. A smarter one, too, despite the mistakes she makes due to her age. White Rabbit. That's my guess.

Alana Bloom, well, I find her to be motherly and a bit flat (sorry if someone is a fan), so I would go with something like Tomora.

Dr.Bedelia du Maurier, well, this is the most feminine character of the whole show, and I would go with... Sudha Segara. Because I imagine her scent to be soft, feminine, and so close to the skin, you can smell it only if you are close enough.

Hope to hear your opinion.

I love all of these. I'd been mulling over this too, recently, recataloguing my collection during a Hannibal marathon, and came up with:

Will - Fenris Wolf - this is literally a scent that says "fuzzy but insane" to me

Hannibal - Villian. PERFECT because Villain doesn't smell villainous at all to me, it smells very gentlemanly and proper, but it's called Villain... I think Hannibal would get a kick out of it

Jack - Hellhound on my Trail: masculine, rough, a little smoky and gunpowdery... yet funny with the name again!

Alana - something classic and understated like Ode on Melancholy (lavender and wisteria, heart-wrenching pale rose, desolate white sandalwood and thin, tear-streaked white musk), which also works for the name

Freddie - Vixen for her red hair and sassy, clever, foxlike attitude

Abigail - The Girl; this immediately came to me, I think it was the first one I thought of

Beverly (she's my favorite) - Embalming Fluid because, hurr hurr, the name again, but it's fresh and clean and pretty and no-nonsense, just like Beverly

Bedelia - I actually think Bedelia would smell like White Rabbit; it's the crispness of the scent mixed with the subtle warmth, mixed with the... something-not-right that I always smell in White Rabbit. Plus, with the recent things we've learned about her relationship with Hannibal... we can see she's sort of gone down the rabbit hole, so to speak.

I love this! Anybody else have ideas about Hannibal characters? I can't wait until season two and the possibility of having David Tennant, Lee Pace and particularly DAVID BOWIE on the show. !!!!!!!!!

Has anyone read the Vampire Academy books? What do you think would suit the main characters? Here are my thoughts:

Rose - She needs something hard and fierce with a soft undertone.

Lissa - Pretty delicate florals.

Dimitri - Man musk and leather!

Adrian - Ugh, do NOT want to include menthol here. Something charming and warm and sexy... Oh, Satyr. Yeah.

Christian - Something with a hot under-bite to go with his fire wielding :)

I love this thread so much *_*

Part of the reason I have quite a few of the perfumes I have is that they feel like certain fictional characters to me, or like things those characters would wear - usually ones nobody has heard of though so I feel shy about joining in the discussion :x I RP a version of Blaise Zabini from Harry Potter and around ten of my perfumes belong exclusively to him - he's easy to find things for - but I have been looking for something an adult Draco might wear, if anyone has any ideas? :x

I love this thread so much *_*

Part of the reason I have quite a few of the perfumes I have is that they feel like certain fictional characters to me, or like things those characters would wear - usually ones nobody has heard of though so I feel shy about joining in the discussion :x I RP a version of Blaise Zabini from Harry Potter and around ten of my perfumes belong exclusively to him - he's easy to find things for - but I have been looking for something an adult Draco might wear, if anyone has any ideas? :x

Dorian strikes me as an adult Draco scent. It has that refined gentleman/upper class feeling, but is a little more than just that.

Hahahaha...I love this thread! I am so glad I'm not the only one who does this; I have an entire BPAL list for the characters of Robin of Sherwood.

And I couldn't agree more with the recommendation of Dorian for adult Draco. It was actually the first scent that came to my thoughts, before I even read the response naming it. :D

Hahahaha...I love this thread! I am so glad I'm not the only one who does this; I have an entire BPAL list for the characters of Robin of Sherwood.

Oh my god :D I would so love to know what is on your list if you felt like sharing, that show is the most amazing thing *_*

I totally agree with Dorian as a Draco scent conceptually - unfortunately it's a complete disaster on me, but yesterday I did try Theodosius again (after several years of not wearing him :x) & when I was looking at the reviews they all said how much like Dorian it is, but it's a) a much better scent on me and B) something adult Draco would also wear, I think. Similarly refined, but also subtly nasty :)

Then I started trying to figure out which Hogwarts house my perfumes are in. It's possible I need more sleep.

I totally agree with Dorian as a Draco scent conceptually - unfortunately it's a complete disaster on me, but yesterday I did try Theodosius again (after several years of not wearing him :x) & when I was looking at the reviews they all said how much like Dorian it is, but it's a) a much better scent on me and B) something adult Draco would also wear, I think. Similarly refined, but also subtly nasty :)

That's an excellent choice, given that Dorian doesn't work on you; for me, it's just the opposite, with those scents! Jareth might also be a nice option, having a similar "feel" to the other two.

I have an entire BPAL list for the characters of Robin of Sherwood...

Oh my god :D I would so love to know what is on your list if you felt like sharing, that show is the most amazing thing *_*

My apologies that it took me a few days to reply; I keep a blog about the show and decided to just make a few posts about it, because what's more fun than combining TWO fandoms into one?!

The first list has scents for the good guys, and is here: http://candledance.wordpress.com/2013/07/03/ros-and-bpal-part-1/

And the second list is for the villains, offered here: http://candledance.wordpress.com/2013/07/03/rosbpal-scents-the-villains/ :)

(Edited to add the second post.)

Edited by Reedsong

Has anyone else read or watched Hemlock Grove? What do you think of my suggestions (below)? Any other ideas for them or other characters?

Roman: Tavern of Hell, or maybe Perversion or one of the Ars Draconis blends

Peter: Black Forest or Voodoo

Shelly: Alecto or Brusque Violet

Olivia: Debauchery

Letha: Thalia or Alice

Christina: Wings of Azrael

Norman: Dee perhaps? I don't have a good feel for his character. Maybe a book-reader would have something better to suggest.

Clementine: Jazz Funeral or Roadhouse - it's definitely gotta be something that's both boozy and outdoorsy!

I'm a huge fan of the Wizard of Oz (especially the original movie!) so I thought it would be appropriate to come up with a BPAL collection for it. Here's my take on some of the classic characters/elements of one of the greatest movies of all time.

The Wizard of Oz

Kansas/Aunty Em - Antique Lace

Tornado - Hurricane or Tempest

Dorothy - Alice

Ruby Slippers - Blood or Blood Kiss

Witch - Bewitched

Yellow Brick Road - Crossroads

Scarecrow - Scarecrow

Tinman - Ultraviolet or Dove’s Heart

Lion - The Lion

Poppies - Opium Poppy or Poisoned Apple

Emerald City - Absinthe

Dark Forest - Black Forest

Flying Monkeys - Voyeuristic Monkey

Hourglass - Obsidian Widow

Bucket of Water - Pool of Tears

Wizard - Mage or Magus

So, as most of you probably know, the new Indiana Jones flick, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, is being released on May 22. The boything is a huge fan of Harrison and his not-afraid-to-get-dirty character and is going all out on the last day of October to look like Indy himself. A little bit geeky, I know...but hey...

But herein lies my question...are there any scents that might personify this classic fictional hero? Think Bond- cosmopolitan, ladies man, libertine- but scuff it up a bit and show me what you get.

Thank you!

Hellfire!

Vanilla pipe smoke, leather and dust.