Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Flowermouth

What BPAL would this fictional character wear?

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I watched a french film called "L'appartement" in which Monica Belluci and Vincent Cassel are starring.

Lisa character which Monica Belluci is playing affected me very much.

There is a scene where Lisa makes a phone call and then leaves. Max (Vincent Cassel) goes to the place where she had make a phone call

and smells her perfume. What could be the perfume of Lisa in that scene ?(thinking the atmosphere there and her red shoes)

I add a link for this scene. (1.10-3.10)

My link

I also highly recommend this film :luv2:

I think that Lucretia can be a scent for the character Lisa.

Edited by Alchemist

How about Kingdom Hearts characters-specifically, Sora, Riku, and Kairi?

I think both Sora and Riku would have salty ocean water in theirs. Kairi too, though not as strong. And for hers, something like stars and space? :S

Ideas, anyone?

I just recently came into a frimp of Ekhidna that made me think a bit of Riku after he went over to side with the Heartless. There's a scent to it of dark, murky ocean water mingled with something dark and almost swamp-like, and a very dark spicy quality that makes me think of Dark Riku in all of his hotheaded, vicious glory. Not sure what scent I'd associate with Kingdom Hearts 2 Riku or Riku pre-Heartless, but I think Ekhidna might suit his darker side quite well.

I keep thinking Sora would have something with a coconut scent to it, if only because I always get the mental association with him of a warm, lazy summer day on the beach, slathered in suntan lotion--one of those sorts that has the thick, coconut-cream scent.

Kairi...I personally associate her mostly with flowers, due to her Kingdom Hearts 2 Keyblade. Flowers with something fiery behind it, since she's kind of a temperamental, take-charge little lady. ;)

This is totally random but I was watchingthe movie The Fifth Element yesterday and wondered what BPAL scent would LeeLoo wear? Thats how much BPAL has affected my life lol. :lol: So what do you all think?? She is the perfect being and has that rocking orange hair (which i LOVE). Just thought it might be fun...

This is totally random but I was watchingthe movie The Fifth Element yesterday and wondered what BPAL scent would LeeLoo wear? Thats how much BPAL has affected my life lol. :lol: So what do you all think?? She is the perfect being and has that rocking orange hair (which i LOVE). Just thought it might be fun...

March Hare.

Ooh! Haven't been in here in a while. Love the Firefly scents. If Captain Tightpants smelled like Antikythera Mech, I would eat him up mit a spoooon. :yum:

And the Game of Thrones ones are great too. I can totally scent Tyrion rocking Wilde. :D

Now, how about some Hunger Games ones? What's a real strong rosy one for President Snow? Something woodsy for Gale (hey, maybe Coyote), and slightly foody yet masculine for Peeta. Maybe Mary Read for Katniss? And I swear I'd say Hellcat for Haymitch cuz he has to have something with a boozy note. lol. Cinna...Cinna needs to be awesomesauce incarnate. (can ya tell he's my fave?)

Discuss.

March Hare.

Why did you choose that? ;)

Now, how about some Hunger Games ones? What's a real strong rosy one for President Snow? Something woodsy for Gale (hey, maybe Coyote), and slightly foody yet masculine for Peeta. Maybe Mary Read for Katniss? And I swear I'd say Hellcat for Haymitch cuz he has to have something with a boozy note. lol. Cinna...Cinna needs to be awesomesauce incarnate. (can ya tell he's my fave?)

I came here looking for a thread on this! :D Not excited that it'll get lost in a longer thread, but oh well. The film is almost here and we need BPALs to wear to it! :hammer:

Katniss: Katharina. Not only the closest to her name, but "a strong, willful blend with a soft soul" sounds right for her.

President Snow: Blood Rose. Shame to associate a gorgeous scent with him, but...blood and roses; couldn't be more perfect.

Gale: Black Forest. Definitely.

Peeta: Sugar Cookie, Maison en Pain Epice, or Eat Me--bakery desserts with frosting! :yum:

Cinna: Hmm, maybe Wilde? Sexy, masculine, but also a bit androgynous and very, very classy.

Effie: Ultraviolet. Needs to be girly but strange.

Rue: La Belle Au Bois Dormant, because there has to be fruit (from her trees) and flowers for Katniss' gift to her. :cry:

Prim: Alice. So young and sweet.

Finnick: Casanova! :lol:

Katniss: Ranger, obviously. I think The Bow and Crown of Conquest would work well, too.

Peeta: Bread and Butter-Fly. Simple and wholesome, and befitting a baker's son.

Gale: Hunter or Dee.

Haymitch: John Barleycorn. :rofl:

Cinna: Chimera.

President Snow: The Last Evening of the Year.

I know I saw a few people talking about Dragon Age 2 characters earlier, but I just wanted to add a quick comment here because I'm trying to make the perfect Fenris scent. Of course I ordered an Imp of Fenris Wolf right off the bat. It's a wonderful scent, but it didn't make me think of Fenris at all.

I'm going to try layering two scents together:

Fighter Leather, musk, blood, and steel.

Wanda Deep red merlot with a faint hint of leather, sexual musk and body heat over crushed roses, violets and myrtle.

I really wanted the wine note from Wanda, along with the added leather and musk. I'm not sure how the florals are going to work, but from reviews that I've read it sounds like Wanda is strong wine and leather on some people which are the two I'm really rooting for.

This might not be everyday Fenris, but a Fenris after a few drinks and some time with female Hawke. :yum:

OKAY! I got my order in, and I had to try out this combo first thing after sorting through everything. I might need to go a little lighter on Wanda, but this combo definitely works for me. <3 To me, Wanda doesn't have a very strong wine scent, but it does have a certain sweetness that I like (I could definitely wear this solo) and it is a good side smell to Fighter. I tested Fighter solo first, and really at first whiff I knew this was a good choice. You've got fresh leather in the forefront with a slight crispness of steel. I couldn't smell the musk individually, but I got the impression that it was helping meld the scent.

Fenris Wolf isn't Fenris to me, but Fighter with a dab of Wanda definitely is!

Throwing a couple of characters out there for ideas...

1) Jeff "Joker" Moreau from Mass Effect. I've ordered a custom scent based on his personality but I was really getting a kick throwing ideas around at the office. I suggested seat leather and Tiger Balm. Coworker suggested coffee, leather, and high grade gun oil. I've heard vanilla and geranium proposed, too.

2) Urdnot Wrex from Mass Effect. I just can't come up with a good krogan scent note. A role-player suggested vetiver and steel. I like it. It's still missing something, though. What exactly does "headbutting" and "victory" smell like?

3) Sigrun from Dragon Age Awakening. I was thinking earthy and soft, but not floral or effeminate. Warm. Regretful. Dedicated.

4) Arsene Lupin III from Lupin III. I'm leaning toward Swank, but I'm open for suggestions.

5) Vash the Stampede from Trigun. I am actually searching for something with geranium, gunpowder and donuts. I've tried Scarecrow, Agnes Nutter and Mommy Fortuna -- Mommy Fortuna is my favorite thus far. Still open for ideas.

Input? Ideas? Suggestions?

Hey, guys! I was reading through this (love the picks for Firefly and A Song of Ice and Fire, by the way), and I found myself spiraling down this literature-nerd path, trying to find a scent for Hester Prynne from The Scarlet Letter. What do you guys think?

I've been really obsessed with Havana lately, and I think that it's perfect for Ned Stark. Not too complicated, but somehow insidious; like the leather has rubbed off on his skin and the grass smell has just stuck to him from a ride out in the north.

What do you guys think about Gatsby? Manhattan? Or something more Dorian-ish?

How about Kingdom Hearts characters-specifically, Sora, Riku, and Kairi?

I think both Sora and Riku would have salty ocean water in theirs. Kairi too, though not as strong. And for hers, something like stars and space? :S

Ideas, anyone?

I just recently came into a frimp of Ekhidna that made me think a bit of Riku after he went over to side with the Heartless. There's a scent to it of dark, murky ocean water mingled with something dark and almost swamp-like, and a very dark spicy quality that makes me think of Dark Riku in all of his hotheaded, vicious glory. Not sure what scent I'd associate with Kingdom Hearts 2 Riku or Riku pre-Heartless, but I think Ekhidna might suit his darker side quite well.

I keep thinking Sora would have something with a coconut scent to it, if only because I always get the mental association with him of a warm, lazy summer day on the beach, slathered in suntan lotion--one of those sorts that has the thick, coconut-cream scent.

Kairi...I personally associate her mostly with flowers, due to her Kingdom Hearts 2 Keyblade. Flowers with something fiery behind it, since she's kind of a temperamental, take-charge little lady. ;)

Oooo, such lovely suggestions! I must find me some scents to match! :D

I've been really obsessed with Havana lately, and I think that it's perfect for Ned Stark. Not too complicated, but somehow insidious; like the leather has rubbed off on his skin and the grass smell has just stuck to him from a ride out in the north.

I got some Havana myself a couple of months ago, and tried to test it, but it felt so *wrong* in cold weather. Everything about it wanted to be smelled in a hot and steamy summer day. I put it away and plan to take it out again soon, as it's finally heating up.

So, I can't imagine that scent on Ned Stark, as he lives in a perpetually cold climate. Havana is a "hot" scent to me. Ned Stark would have to wear a cold-weather scent, like Old Demons of the First Class....

hmm i wonder what Daemon Sadi from Ann Bishops The Black Jewels Trilogy would wear maybe something very rich and spicy with hints of vanilla and possibly clove

yet somehow when i think of what he would wear all i can think of is fenris wolf are there any other suggestions on what he might wear?

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Twilight Sparkle: Arcana, maybe Dee

Applejack: the Hesperides or Tombstone

Rarity: Venice or Roses, Pearls, and Diamonds

Pinkie Pie: Eat Me, layered with Chaotic

Fluttershy: The Little Sparrow, maybe a light, innocent floral like Desdemona

Rainbow Dash: Hurricane

:lol: I just got interested in MLP & wondered if anybody had come up with BPALs for the characters...I should've known. hehe

Game of thrones:

Cersei: Hellcat

Jaime: Sin

Jon Snow: Black Forest

Dany: Dragon Blood

Tyrion: no, not Imp. He wears Sed Non Satiata

Catelyn: Prurience

I'll think of the others later.

ooh fun.

Ned Stark: Highwayman

Catelyn: Whoso List to Hunt

Jon Snow: The Black Rider

Arya: Anne Bonny

Sansa: The Lady of Shalott

Joffrey: Whitechapel

Cersei: Hunger

Jaime: The Bow & Crown of Conquest

Tyrion: Perversion or Wilde

Littlefinger: Envy

The Spider: Viola

Drogo: Wild Men of Jezirat al Tennyn

Danaerys: Dragon's Milk

Viserys: Wrath, or The Sea Foams Blood

Now all I want to do is curl up and read...

Love it!

my thoughts:

Cersei: Tsiphone

Jaime: Golden Priapus

Tyrion: Santo Domingo

Sansa: Phobos

Arya: Gnome

John Snow: Black Forest

Daenerys: Dragon's Milk

Drogo: Coyote

Katniss: Ranger, obviously. I think The Bow and Crown of Conquest would work well, too.

Peeta: Bread and Butter-Fly. Simple and wholesome, and befitting a baker's son.

Gale: Hunter or Dee.

Haymitch: John Barleycorn. :rofl:

Cinna: Chimera.

President Snow: The Last Evening of the Year.

Ooooh Hunger Games! Let me try!

*I am giving away a handful of characters from the next two books, but no events, so those of you who haven't gotten there yet are safe. ;)

Katniss: Hunter

Peeta: Barmbrack (I know, I know, not technically a perfume but it smells exactly like fresh-baked bread!)

Gale: Brom Bones

Primrose: Nonae Caprotina (that goat is her pride and joy, after all)

Rue: Pa-Pow

Cato: The Bloody Sword

Clove: Alana Patel

Glimmer: Glitter

Foxface: Cathode

Cinna: Gold Phoenix

Haymitch: Mad Sweeney (he'd probably try to drink it, too)

Effie: Pink Phoenix

Seneca: Lord Ruthven

Plutarch: Aureus

Beetee: The Coil

Finnick: Sturgeon Moon

Annie: Mania

Joanna: Lady Death: Savage

Coin: Violet Ray

President Snow: Blood Rose (perfect...just so perfect)

Edited by Invidiana

Umm....the Avengers (movieverse), pretty please? Particularly Loki, but I'm curious what everyone thinks the team would wear as well!

Has anyone here played Tales of the Abyss? It's no secret that I have the MAJOR hots for Jade. :lol: And there's a skit where the characters are in the middle of the desert and complaining about how hot and sweaty they are, but Jade smells good, and they ask if he's wearing cologne, and he replies "Scent is the essence of a gentleman." :yum: The question is, what would he wear... Something refined, definitely. I don't think he'd go for tobacco or booze notes or anything like that. Purely for his personality, I think one of the "deathy" scents would fit (Days and Nights in Vaults and Charnel Houses? O_o) but he would probably not actually want to wear something like that as a cologne.

Has anyone here played Tales of the Abyss? It's no secret that I have the MAJOR hots for Jade. :lol: And there's a skit where the characters are in the middle of the desert and complaining about how hot and sweaty they are, but Jade smells good, and they ask if he's wearing cologne, and he replies "Scent is the essence of a gentleman." :yum: The question is, what would he wear... Something refined, definitely. I don't think he'd go for tobacco or booze notes or anything like that. Purely for his personality, I think one of the "deathy" scents would fit (Days and Nights in Vaults and Charnel Houses? O_o) but he would probably not actually want to wear something like that as a cologne.

Why not have a scent with the more refined death or devilish notes? You could also layer, death with cologne, to reflect how he tried to hide details of his sordid past. Suggestions (primarily from descriptions, as I haven't smelled all of them):

Single scents:

HAUNTED

A mournful, poignant scent, thick with foreboding. Soft golden amber darkened with a touch of murky black musk.

VILLAIN

A classic Victorian men's cologne: a lavender fougere, with hints of lilac, lime, and citrus musk.

SIN

Thoroughly corrupted: amber, sandalwood, black patchouli and cinnamon.

Layered:

VILLIAN / YORICK

"A classic Victorian men's cologne" [...]" overlaying "Grave dirt, bone, decay, angel's trumpet, and moldering scraps of shroud: the essence of finality."

And...pretty much any of those above with Yorick or Zombi...Though Jade would stay away from anything with a whiff of rose, as it reminds him of his loathsome former partner, Dist the Flaming Rose Reaper. ;)

Edited by sunstone

Kindly ignore the ramblings in my previous post. I was slightly drunk and having trouble focusing.

After sleeping and reading more of the BPAL catalog with a clear head, I realized that I could suggest scents for all six party members in Tales of the Abyss.

Luke: Chimera (Bewitching Brews). "The fiery, volatile scent of cinnamon, thickened by myrrh, honeysuckle, and copal." A scent for a fiery, ignorant, but good-hearted youth.

Guy: Aelopile (Steamworks). "Glowing amber and citrus, labdanum, verbena, cedar, and oud." Clean and attractive, with the suggestion of machine-geekery as a bonus.

Tear: Moon Rose (Rappaccini's Garden, discontinued). "A crisp, pale, almost translucent rose dusted by moonflower and midnight dew." Soft, feminine, and a touch mysterious.

Natalia: Cordelia (Illyria). "The essence of faith, love and devotion: lilac, lemon, green tea, wisteria, osmanthus, white cedar, and Chinese musk." Suitable for an active, determined, devoted princess who still wears lace on her battle costume.

Jade: Herbert West (A Picnic in Arkham). "Aftershave, embalming fluid, and splatterings from a panoply of reanimation reagents." A scent for a gentleman with a brutal wit and a sordid past who still carries the title of Necromancer.

Anise: Jailbait (Sin & Salvation). Unquestionably. "Innocence defiled. Sticky pink bubblegum and the thick, sweet scent of orange and cherry lollipops smeared over a breath of heady womanly perfume." Perfect for a thirteen-year-old girl wiser than her years, yearning to grow up.

I could go on, but I've interrupted the flow of conversation enough. Tales of the Abyss is a Japanese RPG that came out in 2006 or 2007 for the PS2. Gameplay-wise, it's rather clunky, and the plot can get drawn out, but the characterization is amazing (each person even opens doors differently -- how detailed can you get?). The game was also released for the 3DS recently.

All right, I'm done. Carry on.

Sorry- this is off the recent topic, but I was watching Howl's Moving Castle lately. What would you guys think for Howl and Sophie? Howl kind of has that dual nature, and sophie has the old woman/young woman thing going. interesting.

Sorry- this is off the recent topic, but I was watching Howl's Moving Castle lately. What would you guys think for Howl and Sophie? Howl kind of has that dual nature, and sophie has the old woman/young woman thing going. interesting.

I'm going off the book rather than the movie.

I think Howl would wear one of the dapper masculine fougeres, like Wilde, Jareth, or Dorian.

Sophie loves her flowers so much, I'd imagine her in anything with lots of dreamy florals. Marie, maybe, Pele, or Lilium Inter Spinas? Or something from Rappaccini's Garden.

Something bakery-ish for Martha: Eat Me or Bread-and-Butter-fly?

And I'd imagine one of Rappaccini's Apiary scents for Lettie since she's studying honey-based spells--maybe Deadly Nightshade Honey (my favorite of the ones I've tried) for its greenery.

I imagine Miss Angorian wearing Morocco-- warm desert winds.

Calcifer: Brimstone maybe?

These are great suggestions! I agree most definitely about Howl and Calcifer. I have not read the book yet but have just ordered it. I love this movie! I can see Sophie in something with wildflowers. Or maybe Lydia- soft jasmine.

Also- has anyone seen the secret of roan inish? Brilliant movie. I wonder what that would smell like, the sea/island/celtic theme could be quite neat. I just ordered a bottle of selkie- was curious.