Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Flowermouth

What BPAL would this fictional character wear?

I very much agree with you on the Caliban for Kisame, if not a tad too sweet smelling for his tough character. I could totally see him smelling like how you described though. :)

Yeah, I admit I really struggle for him. Ideally it would be an ocean aquatic with greenery, blond wood and a little smokiness or leather about it, I think. The tea is kind of optional :) I generally feel that a wanted outlaw wouldn't tend to wear scents but would rather blend with their surroundings (in as much as a 6ft plus sharkman ever can, natch :D ). Of the BPALs I have been lucky enough to test so far, Caliban is the closest - though I agree that a slightly more manly edge would be even better.

(I'm glad I don't sound completely crazy by the way, heh!)

To any FF fans out there, what do you think Mako would smell like? I think it would be vital as a base for whatever Cloud and Sephiroth wear.

I imagine something both 'green' and also ozoney, like Lightning.

Ooooh, definitely Macbeth and the Witches. It has been dubbed the official "SOLDIER" scent by our group of gamer geeks.

Lightning-charged ozone, steel, myrrh, mugwort, colophony, ajowan, and leather.

Mako, steel, and leather. That's a winner.

X-Men: First Class

Raven/Mystique: Shoggoth (Ever changing, protoplasmic and primordial: white amber, green coconut meat, iris, palmarosa, Chinese peony, lime, water lily, snowdrop, muguet, lemongrass, osmanthus, wisteria, glassy musk, and hinoki.)

Kiyohime Changes from a Serpent (Salty ocean spray, red kelp, black plum, lychee, sea moss, green musk, hachiya, plum blossom, and matcha.)

Emma Frost: Shattered. (A scent as sharp as glass shards, and as brittle as a broken heart. A blend of white champagne notes, grapefruit, lotus, slivered mint and crystalline aquatic blooms.)

Monna Vanna (Russian rose, mimosa, gardenia, bois du rose, parma violet, calla lily, red currant, ambergris, and bourbon vanilla.)

Sebastian Shaw: Villain. (A classic Victorian men's cologne: a lavender fougere, with hints of lilac, lime, and citrus musk.)

Angel Salvatore: Follow Me Boy. (A houdoun recipe dating back almost 150 years. This blend is favored by prostitutes, exotic dancers and others in the sex industry for its power to attract, seduce, and enthrall.)

Gypsy (as in the moth) (Bourbon vanilla, Egyptian musk, tonka, white sugar, and cardamom.)

Erik Lensherr/Magneto: Mr. Qubit. (Gleaming metal, electrical discharge, and a whiff of tinny cologne.)

Maybe Ogun for the mythological associations, but I can't picture him wearing anything fruity.

Charles Xavier: Dee. (His scent is soft English leather, rosewood and tonka with a hint of incense, parchment and soft woods.) I thought Dee was appropriate for an academic type with supernatural powers.

Casanova (Who says librarians can’t be sexy? A rakish blend of leather, anise, lavender, bergamot and amber with tonka, lemon peel and lusty patchouli.) Inspired by his tendency to use genetics trivia to try to pick up women in bars.

Azazel: The Ifrit. (Desert sand, red musk, blackened ginger, dragon's blood resin, black pepper, cinnamon, and tobacco.)

Riptide: Hurricane. (The Dark Side of Air: a high pitched, tangy, clear scent -- light China rain deepened by murky vetivert.)

Hank McCoy/Beast: No. 93 Engine. (Balm of Gilead, benzoin, frankincense, balsam of peru, beeswax, saffron, galbanum, calamus, hyssop, mastic, lemon balm, and white sage. )

Floria - Love your choices! Personally, I always felt like adult Mystique would be a darker version of Mama-Ji, with a light touch of leather. :yum:

Game of thrones:

Cersei: Hellcat

Jaime: Sin

Jon Snow: Black Forest

Dany: Dragon Blood

Tyrion: no, not Imp. He wears Sed Non Satiata

Catelyn: Prurience

I'll think of the others later.

Game of thrones:

ooh fun.

Ned Stark: Highwayman

Catelyn: Whoso List to Hunt

Jon Snow: The Black Rider

Arya: Anne Bonny

Sansa: The Lady of Shalott

Joffrey: Whitechapel

Cersei: Hunger

Jaime: The Bow & Crown of Conquest

Tyrion: Perversion or Wilde

Littlefinger: Envy

The Spider: Viola

Drogo: Wild Men of Jezirat al Tennyn

Danaerys: Dragon's Milk

Viserys: Wrath, or The Sea Foams Blood

Now all I want to do is curl up and read...

How about other Marvel characters?

Gambit - Jazz Funeral

Storm - Oya

Deadpool - Chaotic layered with Fighter and Mania

and so forth.

James Bond would probably be too cool to wear bpal.

But maybe Dee? That might be too scholarly though.

Try Villian or Whitechapel.

Edited by patina

But maybe Dee?

Cool people don't wear bpal? :rantrave:

Just saying James Bond wouldn't. Cause he's all sophisticated and no fun at all.

Ok my last post leaves the impression that Bond is too cool for BPAL. Neo (Keanu Reeves) from the Matrix seems like a BPAL kind of guy. I'm thinking he'd smell cold, metallic, edgy, with a bit of leather. Any BPAL scents that would match this description?

Game of thrones:

ooh fun.

Oh! These are perfect picks :D

But maybe Dee? That might be too scholarly though.

Try Villian or Whitechapel.

Ha! ...I agree. He would just smell like leather, scotch and the barest hint of expensive women's perfume.

Game of thrones:

ooh fun.

Oh! These are perfect picks :D

Seconded

When I dressed as Inara for Halloween this last year I wore Scherezade. :)

OOo - Firefly =)

Malcolm Reynolds

Antikythera Mech. (but that could be more my wishful thinking than a match :P

Highwayman - Vetiver with gardenia, blood red rose, night-blooming jasmine, a dash of cinnamon and a faint hint of leather

Zoe

Anne Bonny

Snake Oil

Blood Kiss

Wash

Casanova - Who says librarians can’t be sexy? A rakish blend of leather, anise, lavender, bergamot and amber with tonka, lemon peel and lusty patchouli.

Golden Priapus - Insatiable lust, unending vigor! A truly carnal, energetic men's blend: vanilla and amber with juniper, rosewood and white pine (it seemed fitting :D )

Inarra

Kubla Khan - Through sunlit caves of ice, roses unfurl amidst dancing waves of serpentine opium smoke and amber tobacco, golden sandalwood, champaca, tea leaf, sugared lily, ginger, rich hay absolute, leather, dark vanilla, mandarin, peru balsam, and Moroccan jasmine

Mata Hari - Her scent is striking and bold with a delicate yet dark undertone: five roses with soft jasmine, warmed by vanilla, fig, tonka bean and mahogany, spiced with a drop of coffee bean

Scherezade - Saffron and Middle Eastern spices swirled through sensual red musk

Vice - Voluptuous and indulgent! A deep chocolate scent, with black cherry and orange blossom

Bien Loin d'ici - The Scarlet Woman, aglow with sensual indolence: red musk, benzoin, caramel accord, golden honey, and spiced Moroccan unguents

Jayne

Grog - haha!

Plunder - The scent of a pirate's bumboat, overflowing with stolen wares: tea leaf, cassia, cinnamon bark, clove, allspice, sandalwood, tobacco, peppercorn, and nutmeg

Greed - Base and earthy, yet glittering with golden notes: patchouli, heliotrope, copal and oakmoss

Roadhouse - Truck stop sleaze. Weedy dandelion and hops with a whiff of tobacco and hemp and a swirl of booziness

Kaylee

Antique Lace

Bon Vivant

Dana O'Shee

Alice

Maiden

Simon

Wilde - A sophisticated traditional gentleman's cologne, with just the slightest taint of patchouli's passion, tonka bean's decadence, the philanthropy of bergamot, moss' cynicism, the sharp wit of lavender, and the hopeless romantic longing of jasmine and thyme

Embalming Fluid - A light, pure scent: white musk, green tea, aloe and lemon. (haha!)

River

Ephemera - The scent of loss, love and the echo of time without end: sorrowful violet and chamomile with muguet, white geranium, calla lily and tea rose with a hint of autumn leaves.

Hurricane - The Dark Side of Air: a high pitched, tangy, clear scent -- light China rain deepened by murky vetivert.

Lightning - The electric tang of ozone, marine notes, and a drop of sharp rain.

Lurid - Shocking, horrific, fierce, savage, sensationalized, luminous and hazy: black currant, Bulgarian lavender and white musk with a dollop of thick resin and a voltaic charge of ozone notes.

The Raven - Sleek, dark, and ominous. Violet and neroli mingled with iris, white sandalwood and dark musk

Shepherd Book

BAT Bible -

Haunted - A mournful, poignant scent, thick with foreboding. Soft golden amber darkened with a touch of murky black musk.

Cathedral - A true ecclesiastical blend of pure resins

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Twilight Sparkle: Arcana, maybe Dee

Applejack: the Hesperides or Tombstone

Rarity: Venice or Roses, Pearls, and Diamonds

Pinkie Pie: Eat Me, layered with Chaotic

Fluttershy: The Little Sparrow, maybe a light, innocent floral like Desdemona

Rainbow Dash: Hurricane

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I watched a french film called "L'appartement" in which Monica Belluci and Vincent Cassel are starring.

Lisa character which Monica Belluci is playing affected me very much.

There is a scene where Lisa makes a phone call and then leaves. Max (Vincent Cassel) goes to the place where she had make a phone call

and smells her perfume. What could be the perfume of Lisa in that scene ?(thinking the atmosphere there and her red shoes)

I add a link for this scene. (1.10-3.10)

My link

I also highly recommend this film :luv2:

I know I saw a few people talking about Dragon Age 2 characters earlier, but I just wanted to add a quick comment here because I'm trying to make the perfect Fenris scent. Of course I ordered an Imp of Fenris Wolf right off the bat. It's a wonderful scent, but it didn't make me think of Fenris at all.

I'm going to try layering two scents together:

Fighter Leather, musk, blood, and steel.

Wanda Deep red merlot with a faint hint of leather, sexual musk and body heat over crushed roses, violets and myrtle.

I really wanted the wine note from Wanda, along with the added leather and musk. I'm not sure how the florals are going to work, but from reviews that I've read it sounds like Wanda is strong wine and leather on some people which are the two I'm really rooting for.

This might not be everyday Fenris, but a Fenris after a few drinks and some time with female Hawke. :yum:

How about Kingdom Hearts characters-specifically, Sora, Riku, and Kairi?

I think both Sora and Riku would have salty ocean water in theirs. Kairi too, though not as strong. And for hers, something like stars and space? :S

Ideas, anyone?

Wanda Deep red merlot with a faint hint of leather, sexual musk and body heat over crushed roses, violets and myrtle.

I really wanted the wine note from Wanda, along with the added leather and musk. I'm not sure how the florals are going to work, but from reviews that I've read it sounds like Wanda is strong wine and leather on some people which are the two I'm really rooting for.

This might not be everyday Fenris, but a Fenris after a few drinks and some time with female Hawke. :yum:

I love that suggestion for Fenris (and also heartily approve of your icon) :lol: Do tell how it works out! Fighter was far too heavy on the leather and blood for me, so I wonder if Wanda could smooth it out...

Ok, I want to try my hand!

Female Hawke: (obviously differs, but)

Celeste It's slightly sweet and rather a little bit strange.

Isabella:

Banned in Boston - Obscene, lewd, lascivious, and decidedly objectionable. A filthy, post-coitus scent: sweaty and sweet, laced with laudanum, splashed with booze, and stained by tobacco.

Calico Jack - Sea air, driftwood, waterlogged kelp, and the memory of plundered spices sprayed over worn leathers, rough musk, and the salty wooden floorboards of the Revenge.

Anders:

Oh my god, the sexy revolutionary smells like El Nuevo Puritano wtf. But it's true. Unmoving, rigid oak, dry leather, tonka, gunpowder tea, and pious olibanum with a core of perverse and furtive vanilla bean, bay leaf, clove bud, and lime. It's a leather and clove-vanilla that's pretty masculine and a teeny bit medicinal, like the afterthought of herbs I imagine Anders smells like. He's my favorite character of all time; I really wish I could have found a differently named scent for him :lol: Maybe a dash of Cockaigne for idealism?

Fenris:

I'd have to also go with Fenris Wolf, but also Dracul because the dash of mint seems particularly Fenris-y. Why?

Sebastian:

Neutral (hillariously) because it smelled like cat poop on me <_< Ok, fine, Cathedral was an awesome suggestion, but I'll throw out Lawful Evil Aureus (it's lighter) - True, perfect golden light, refined into an incomparably glorious scent See, I can be generous.

Merril:

High Strung Daisies (see what I did there?!) - Daisy, pink carnation, pink pepper, and sugar.

Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat - A sparkly, batty little scent: green tea, melon, mint, lime rind, and champagne grape with lemon balm, mullein, and toadflax.

Varric:

Highwayman - the poem on the website is particularly Varicky. If only I could find something that did his gorgeous fur chest hair justice. Vetiver with gardenia, blood red rose, night-blooming jasmine, a dash of cinnamon and a faint hint of leather.

Carver, Bethany & Aveline I haven't found scents for.

I love that suggestion for Fenris (and also heartily approve of your icon) :lol: Do tell how it works out! Fighter was far too heavy on the leather and blood for me, so I wonder if Wanda could smooth it out...

Ok, I want to try my hand!

Female Hawke: (obviously differs, but)

Celeste It's slightly sweet and rather a little bit strange.

Isabella:

Banned in Boston - Obscene, lewd, lascivious, and decidedly objectionable. A filthy, post-coitus scent: sweaty and sweet, laced with laudanum, splashed with booze, and stained by tobacco.

Calico Jack - Sea air, driftwood, waterlogged kelp, and the memory of plundered spices sprayed over worn leathers, rough musk, and the salty wooden floorboards of the Revenge.

Anders:

Oh my god, the sexy revolutionary smells like El Nuevo Puritano wtf. But it's true. Unmoving, rigid oak, dry leather, tonka, gunpowder tea, and pious olibanum with a core of perverse and furtive vanilla bean, bay leaf, clove bud, and lime. It's a leather and clove-vanilla that's pretty masculine and a teeny bit medicinal, like the afterthought of herbs I imagine Anders smells like. He's my favorite character of all time; I really wish I could have found a differently named scent for him :lol: Maybe a dash of Cockaigne for idealism?

Fenris:

I'd have to also go with Fenris Wolf, but also Dracul because the dash of mint seems particularly Fenris-y. Why?

Sebastian:

Neutral (hillariously) because it smelled like cat poop on me <_< Ok, fine, Cathedral was an awesome suggestion, but I'll throw out Lawful Evil Aureus (it's lighter) - True, perfect golden light, refined into an incomparably glorious scent See, I can be generous.

Merril:

High Strung Daisies (see what I did there?!) - Daisy, pink carnation, pink pepper, and sugar.

Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat - A sparkly, batty little scent: green tea, melon, mint, lime rind, and champagne grape with lemon balm, mullein, and toadflax.

Varric:

Highwayman - the poem on the website is particularly Varicky. If only I could find something that did his gorgeous fur chest hair justice. Vetiver with gardenia, blood red rose, night-blooming jasmine, a dash of cinnamon and a faint hint of leather.

Carver, Bethany & Aveline I haven't found scents for.

I ordered imps of Fighter and Wanda yesterday when I placed my order for Frederick, so I'll definitely let you know how it turns out!

I love your choices for Isabella, and High Strung Daisies (I see what you did there!) for Merrill. :lol: Varric definitely needs a hint of fur in his scent. ;) I honestly haven't thought about Anders, because I'm afraid I loathe him. After watching a YouTube video of what he says if you turn Fenris over to Denarius... and his comments to Aveline about her DEAD Templar husband... I just can't.

I feel like Aveline would have that same hint of Fighter, but layered with something feminine. Something dry and herbal, but with a touch of floral.

ETA: The minty freshness of glowing Lyrium?

Edited by csabreo