Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Flowermouth

What BPAL would this fictional character wear?

I am married to a man who can play the Star Wars soundtrack and quote the movie along with it. I've seen Star Wars waaaaay to many times...

The Emperor

Malediction - Evil incarnate. Revel in your dark side with this romantically cruel scent. Red patchouli and vetivert.

Darth Vader

Oblivion – Salvation found in darkness beyond darkness, the blessed sleep of nothingness. Dark musk, wood spice, labdanum, patchouli, dark African woods and saffron.

C-3PO

Phoenix Steamworks Burnished gold and oiled bronze notes with Abramelin incense and sage.

Mos Eisley Cantina

Juke Joint – A bawdy, gleefully wicked and unruly scent: Kentucky Bourbon, sugar, and a sprig of mint.

Luke Skywalker

Scarecrow – The scent of a hot wind blowing through desolate, scorched, barren fields.

The Lightsaber

Ultraviolet – Electrifying, mechanized and chilly – the scent of crushed blooms strewn on cold metal. Lush violet and neroli spiked hard with eucalyptus and a sliver of mint.

Lando Calrissian

Velvet – envelop yourself in the soft, sensual embrace of gentle sandalwood warmed by cocoa vanilla and a veil of deep myrrh

Yoda

Bayou – A lazy, warm deep green scent with a thick aquatic undertone: Spanish moss, evergreen and cypress with watery blue-green notes and an eddy of hothouse flowers and swamp blooms.

Leia

The Lady of Shallot – The scent of calm waters just before a raging storm, limned with achingly-beautiful blooms, and icy scent, but somehow warm, and mirror-bright: bold gardenia, crystalline musk, muget, water blossoms, clear, slightly tart aquatic notes and a crush of white ginger.

Han

I agree, it's Casanova all the way!

Wow. My nerd is totally showing tonight! :lol:

I was watching Rita Hayworth in Gilda last night (wonderful film if anyone hasn't seen it) and I was curious as to what scent you think the charcter of Gilda might wear?

Poison ivy...

One of my favourite movies with a seductive soundtrack.

Here is the link to glance the movie briefly.

What should be the perfume of the Ivy character (Drew Barrymore) who is like a sex goddess in the movie? :vamp:

I could see her smelling like the LE Stardust or maybe:

*Blood Kiss ("Lush, creamy vanilla and the honey of the sweetest kiss smeared with the vital throb of husky clove, swollen red cherries, but darkened with the vampiric sensuality of vetiver, soporific poppy and blood red wine, and a skin-light pulse of feral musk.")

*Hollywood Babylon ("The essence of innocence shattered: glittering Egyptian amber and heliotrope, infused with the sweetness of strawberry and vanilla - dragged into debauch by lusty red musk and a dribble of black cherry.")

*Manhattan ("Sexuality, power, confidence. A meeting of modern, sleek elegance and rich, passionate history: sheer amber, black leather, white mint, lemon peel, white tea, grapefruit, kush, teakwood and orchid.")

*The Obsidian Widow ("Pinot noir, dark myrrh, red sandalwood, black patchouli, night-blooming jasmine, and attar of rose.")

*Serpents with Glittering Eyes ("Serpentine green herbs, glistening red currant, sparkling yellow lemon rind, green musk, lime, and snakeskin.")

Perhaps Lolita or one of the champagne blends as well (Bon Vivant, Thalia, or Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat).

Anyone else here fond of Avatar: The Last Airbender?

I can see two approaches for Azula: something cool, strong, and electric (Ultraviolet, for example), to reflect her calculating nature and lightningbending abilities, or something more fiery(Chimera or Inferno?), for the formidable princess of the Fire Nation. Or maybe one of the warm fiery scents layered with a hint of Lightning?

Mai, I see liking something elegant, dry, and possibly a little bit menacing. Maybe Dragon's Claw (Smooth, polished and lethally sharp: dragon’s blood resin and three sandalwoods), or Dance of Death (A gloriously elegant representation of Lady Death. Dry, bone-white orris, black musk, serpentine patchouli and our murkiest myrrh), particularly since she's both a knife fighter and a bit of a Fire Nation goth.

Based on the video clip, I can see Ivy wearing Vixen. (A true heartbreaker’s perfume. The innocence of orange blossom tainted by the beguiling scents of ginger and patchouli.)

Antique Lace was the first thing I thought of, although I can see the Vixen suggestion fitting. I know my suggestion probably doesn't sound right, but that's just how she looks like she smells!!

So, uh...here's a random video game related question.

I've been replaying Dragon Age Origins and playing Dragon Age 2 for the second time through lately, and if anyone is a fan, I'd love to hear what you'd recommend for characters from either game!

My picks:

DAO:

Alistair - ??

Morrigan - Bewitched.

Zevran - Coyote or Casanova.

Leliana - Bess or Whoso List to Hunt.

Shale - Black Opal.

Sten - ??

Oghren - A mix of Satyr and Roadhouse.

Wynne - Something very herbal or medicinal. Quite a few from Rappacini's Garden would work.

DA2:

Fenris - I suppose Fenris Wolf is the obvious choice, but I almost see something a little more cold and deadly.

Anders - ??

Isabela - Grog, or Anne Bonny. Maybe Hellcat.

Merrill - Aeval.

Varric - I'm tempted to say something from Steamworks.

Sebastien - Cathedral.

Aveline - Dragon's Heart.

Bethany - Something very soft and ladylike, like Juliet.

Man, when the RPG scents come out..sigh. Hopefully I'm not the only huge fan on the boards!

DAO:

*Alistair - The Black Tower, Tintagel... I picture him smelling like woods and metallic cologne blends.

*Morrigan - The Obsidian Widow... or almost any dark incense or orchid scent. Oddly, a lot of scents I would have chosen for her are discontinued now (Midnight on the Midway, The Music of Erich Zahn, Tanin'iver, Phantom Queen, Shadow Witch Orchid, and Rage).

*Zevran - Perversion, Ochosi, The Traveller, The White Rider (for the Antivan leather).

*Leliana - Versailles, Florence.

*Shale - Black Opal (love this suggestion ^_^)

*Sten - Dragon's Blood, Odin, Dragon's Claw... I picture him mostly smelling like dry woods/sandalwood and dragon's blood, I think.

*Oghren - Ogun, Dark Chocolate, Whiskey, and Cognac Truffle.

*Wynne - Nostrum Remedium, Miskatonic University.

I'm in love with The Neverending Story at the moment... what would Falcor smell like?

I imagine Falcor smelling like Evening Cicadas and Red Peppers, a scent that reminds me of his shimmery scales. I could also see him smelling like Black Opal, for a GC.

Has anyone here seen REPO! The Genetic Opera? (If you haven't, please do yourself a favor and do so right away!) As soon as I heard of Gore-Shock, I thought, NATHAN! And that, of course, got me thinking of what blends would suit the other characters. And, as you may guess from the length of this post... I ended up thinking a little too much about it. I'd like to put together a REPO! collection for myself, so if you have any other suggestions, please share!

Shilo Wallace, a seventeen-year-old girl who believes she has inherited a rare blood disease from her deceased mother. Shilo is confined to her room by her overprotective father, but, desperate to experience the outside world, she often sneaks out of her prison, only to be overwhelmed by the dangers of the city.

Katharina:

A strong, willful blend with a soft, utterly lovely soul: white musk with a trickle of bright, sharp apricot and orange blossom.

Nyx:

Named in honor of the primeval Greek Goddess of Night. A scent reflecting inky black skies and eternal desolation. Night-blooming jasmine, warmed by myrrh, lifted by the promise of rose.

The Ninth Cage:

The unicorn hardly heard him. She turned and turned in her prison, her body shrinking from the touch of the iron bars all around her. No creature of man’s night loves cold iron, and while the unicorn could endure its presence, the murderous smell of it seemed to turn her bones to sand and her blood to rain. The bars of her cage must have had some sort of spell on them, for they never stopped whispering evilly to one another in clawed, pattering voices.
A claustrophobic blend of iron and oak.

Nathan Wallace, a man living two lives. By day he is an obsessively overprotective father and a widow who blames himself for his wife's death. By night, he is GeneCo's Repo Man, cutting organs out of clients who haven't been keeping up with their payments. He was blackmailed into the position by Rotti Largo seventeen years ago, but has since developed a maniacal passion for the job.

Whitechapel:

A gentlemen's blend, possessed of dignity, charm and refinement, but in truth masking a corrupted, hideous, soulless core. White musk, lime, lilac and citron.

The Organ Grinder:

In that instant, you suddenly understand the profundity of deals made in Heaven and Hell, and the price of desire.
Almond milk, sarsaparilla, tobacco smoke, black patchouli and white pine bark.

Gore-Shock:

Pulpy, scorched, pork-like flesh, glistening entrails, and doughy skin with the coppery tang of blood, salty, sweaty musk, filth, and a huff of rusted machinery.

Marni Wallace, the deceased mother and wife. Eighteen years ago, she left her fiance, Rotti Largo, for Nathan Wallace, and quickly became pregnant with Nathan's child. Tragically, she died during childbirth, supposedly from to a blood disease which she passed on to her daughter.

Persephone:

Beautiful, radiant daighter of Demeter... her lovliness was so exquisite that even Hell itself could not resist her. Pomegranate and rose.

Dance of Death:

A gloriously elegant representation of Lady Death. Dry, bone-white orris, black musk, serpentine patchouli and our murkiest myrrh.

Veil:

A quiet scent, soft, calm and enigmatic. A perfume of mystery, of whispers, and of secrets behind secrets. White sandalwood, lilac, gardenia, violet, orris, lavender and ylang ylang.

Rotti Largo, the ailing president of GeneCo who doesn't want to leave his empire to the vultures he feels his children have become. He holds a grudge towards Nathan for stealing Marni away from him almost two decades earlier... even though he's already had his revenge against them both.

Envy:

Green herbs slithering through mint, lime and lavender.

Al-Shairan:

Al-Shairan is the leader of the Jinn, a tempter who whispers false suggestions to men enticing them into evil and perfidious acts, and is the sworn enemy of all of Adam’s children. His scent is fiery, bright and thick with sweet sinfulness: clove, peach and orange with cinnamon, patchouli and dark incense notes.

Ozymandias:

Desolation. The remnants of an empire, shivering with forgotten glories, a monument to megalomania, sundered power, and colossal loss. Dry desert air, dry and hot, passing over crumbling stone megaliths and plundered golden monuments, bearing a hint of the incense of lost Gods on its winds.

Amber Sweet, the heiress to GeneCo. She is equally addicted to surgery, constantly changing and improving her looks, and to Zydrate, which she obtains illegally from Graverobber in exchange for sex. She desperately wants to replace both her father and Blind Mag as the head and the voice of GeneCo.

Pride:

Vanity in extremis. The scent of rabid hauteur: Moroccan rose and narcissus.

Hell's Belle:

Sweet, smoky and sensually wicked. A thick, steamy scent, truly sinister in its voluptuous sexuality. The perfume of a demon's favored consort, or of the devil herself. Oleander with wet, sweet mandarin, lush magnolia, a rush of deep musk and a touch of spice.

Languor:

An opiate torpor, soporific, trancelike, and sublimely languid. A poet’s morphine dream, a listless journey into a gentle dream and the precipice of intoxicated madness. Paperwhite and black narcissus, three lilies, black poppy and tuberose and a hint of hypnotic opium den haze.

Luigi Largo, a homicidal maniac and the eldest son of Rotti Largo. He wields a knife at all times, and will stab someone for reasons as petty as bringing him the wrong coffee. He thinks he will be the one to inherit GeneCo once his father dies.

Bloodlust:

A fiery Martial blend that embodies primal rage, lust for conquest, and all-encompassing desire. Dragon's blood essence, heavy red musk, Indonesian patchouli and swarthy vetiver with a drop of cinnamon.

Interfector:

Ruthless, unfeeling, and inhumanly violent: tobacco, sharp woods, frankincense, and bunn.

Mr. Vandemar:

Dark and gangly, with a glint of razor-sharp stainless steel behind it: opopponax, costus, black pepper, black sandalwood, and polished metal.

Pavi Largo, the narcissistic, effeminate, and dimwitted son of Rotti Largo. He wears the skinned faces of women as masks over his own face. Like his siblings, Pavi also dreams of becoming the new head of GeneCo.

Blood Countess:

In order to preserve her youth and loveliness, the brutal and incomparably savage countess captured, tortured and slaughtered innumerable young women and bathed in their blood as part of her beauty regimen. Ah, vanity. Corrupted black plum, smoky opium and crumbling dead roses covered by a deceptive veil of Hungarian lilac, white gardenia and wild berry.

Masquerade:

A festive, dazzling blend, layered in mystery and intrigue. Patchouli, ambergris, carnation and orange blossom.

Black Phoenix:

Promotes hedonistic tendencies and extreme self-love. You won't stop kissing mirrors for a month.

Blind Mag, the voice of the GeneCo. Born blind, she was given the ability to see by GeneCo in return for becoming the company's "property" and the star of the Genetic Opera.

The Contract of Theophilus of Adana:

I dare not open this scroll. Temptation is the plague of men's spirits.
Parchment, Siamese benzoin, infernal incense, red musk, brimstone, and daemonorops.

The Lady of Shalott:

Heard a carol, mournful, holy,

Chanted loudly, chanted lowly,

Till her blood was frozen slowly,

And her eyes were darkened wholly,

Turn'd to tower'd Camelot.

For ere she reach'd upon the tide

The first house by the water-side,

Singing in her song she died,

The Lady of Shalott.

The scent of calm waters just before a raging storm, limned with achingly-beautiful blooms, an icy scent, but somehow warm, and mirror-bright: bold gardenia, crystalline musk, muguet, water blossoms, clear, slightly tart aquatic notes and a crush of white ginger.

The Macabray:

White winter flowers plucked from a snow-covered graveyard.

Graverobber, a charismatic and fearless black-market Zydrate dealer. He illegally harvests the chemical from the brains of corpses, often narrowly avoiding arrest by GenCops while doing so.

The Marquis de Carabas:

He wore a huge dandyish black coat that was not quite a frock coat nor exactly a trench coat, and high black boots, and, beneath his coat, raggedy clothes.
A splash of bay rum, leather, dusty black wool, massoia bark, and opium residue.

Worm Moon:

This is a melding of Victorian Grotesquery and springtime fecundity: mold-crusted dirt, decomposing organic matter, coffin wood, drooping funeral flowers, congealed blood, gloomy lunar oils, and cuckoo flower with something moist lurking underneath.

Doc Constantine:

As you pass the tiny stage, you come across a large canvas tent, illuminated within, the exterior dotted with odd splatters. In front of the tent stands a scorched wooden cart covered in a jumble of bottles, jars, vials and twisted steel implements, and an elaborate, gold-gilded sign reads:

“Doc Constantine Cures What Ails Ye!

Liniments, salves, potions and elixirs for every malady of the body and spirit!”

Sheer musk, cedar smoke, fir needle, black amber and leather.

GeneCo, the solution to the epidemic of organ failures that devastated mankind. The organization provides financing plans for organ transplants... but doesn't hesitate to reposess property that goes unpaid.

Gomorrah:

One of the Biblical Cities on the Plain, destroyed by God with fire and brimstone because of its people’s pride, prosperous ease, deceit, hedonism and indolence, and their callous, uncharitable hearts. A gritty, sordid and languid scent: ripe fig, date and currant with black herbs.

The Genetic Opera, the opera presented by GeneCo and starring Blind Mag. Everyone arrived at the show excited and ready to be entertained - but nobody expected to witness the terrible things they did.

Grand Guignol:

In 1897, a new form of entertainment was presented to the people of Montmartre, Paris: the Théâtre du Grand Guignol. During the course of an evening at the theatre, one would watch several small plays, ranging from crime dramas to sexual farces, a violent, throat-ripping, eye-gouging, acid-tossing good time, which always included shock topics such as infanticide, necrophilia, insanity, murder, paranoia, vengeance and death by common household object. Our Grand Guignol perfume is a shot of sweet apricot brandy; just enough to settle your nerves after a ghoulish, gory brush with the macabre.

Zydrate comes in a little glass vial. A little glass vial? A little glass vial! A chemical harvested from the brains of corpses and used as a painkiller for patients getting surgery. It's highly addictive, and a thriving black market exists to provide addicts with their next high.

Absinthe:

Fall under the spell of our Green Fairy! An intoxicating blend containing wormwood essence, light mints, cardamom, anise, hyssop, and the barest hint of lemon.

Edit to fix a few typos.

Edited by imaginepageant

That awkward moment when you have 30 bottles in your bpal bottle box but you still want ONE MORE and it's because it's what you think a fictional character might wear. Namely, Kurt Hummel on Glee. Dorian. /is-ridiculous

That awkward moment when you have 30 bottles in your bpal bottle box but you still want ONE MORE and it's because it's what you think a fictional character might wear. Namely, Kurt Hummel on Glee. Dorian. /is-ridiculous

Not ridiculous! I could totally nerd out on what Glee characters would wear! :smilenod: I don't have as much sniffing experience as most though, and most of what sticks out in my mind is LE stuff.

Santana would be in something like Smut, or maybe one of the dark leathery scents. I've never smelled Follow Me Boy but the idea seems to work.

Brittany would have to be something very candy or bubblegum-ish, or even one of the effervescent scents (airhead :P).

Quinn has to be something beautiful yet without depth or warmth. I personally think of Brides of Dracula for this, but maybe Yvaine too. Can anyone think of something that's actually GC and available still? :)

Anyway!

Oh, I *PARTICULARLY* want to know what people think Emma Pillsbury wears. Something light, airy, sweet, very feminine, and yet, incredibly CLEAN. :rofl:

That's an easy one. Emma Pillsbury would wear "Dirty:

A wonderful antidote to an all-nighter oozing with drunken, addled perversion and debauchery. A fresh, crisp white linen scent: perfectly clean, perfectly breezy.

Emma - Dirty - Yes! If she could get past the name, right?

Quinn, yes, it would need to be something pretty, and even with a pretty name and inspiration.

And to clarify, in no way would Kurt Hummel actually wear BPAL at all, so I guess what I should have said is that he would "smell like" Dorian -- or maybe 'Death & Life Completed' -- even though it would likely be some kind of extremely expensive haute couture scent.

Tina, on the other hand, you know totally wears BPAL, and totally has like 37 favorites, not just one.

A few days ago I have watched "Pulp Fiction" again and I thought which bpal perfume will best suit the sexy-feminine, femme-fatale character Mia (Uma Thurman, the woman in the film poster)

Anyone has an idea???? :luv2:

Pulp_Fiction_cover.jpg

A few days ago I have watched "Pulp Fiction" again and I thought which bpal perfume will best suit the sexy-feminine, femme-fatale character Mia (Uma Thurman, the woman in the film poster)

I haven't seen the movie, but judging only by the visual vibe I get and your description, maybe Liz from the Hellboy collection?

A light, feminine vanilla floral perfume and a swirl of smoke and leather. One of the reviewers described it as a femme fatale scent.

I'll bring my own geekdom, via Final Fantasy. Too many characters, so I'll go with the Dissidia draft picks.

WoL: RPG Good and a bit of Lawful

Garland: RPG Evil, and a bit of Chaos.

Firion: Two, Five & Seven: Roses! Firion's theme is friggen roses! He's even nicknamed "Rosebud" by Tidus. And frankly fanon always suspects there's something a little "Heeeehn" about this guy. <3

Emperor: Dorian: I've heard this scent starts out very prim and gentlemanly, then turns to raw sex after. Thats pretty much Emperor. Polite, and painfully British, but then very quick to call you a worm, and destroy you with Starfall in malign wrath!

Onion Knight: FFIII has some of the dencest forests in the game, and onions make me think green. So I wanna give little OK Jaborwaki from what I've heard.

Cloud of Darkness: I dunno any scents that fit this guy. I wanna say something antique, dark, menacing, and very strong.

More to come as I learn more about BPAL! <3

Anyone want to take a stab at Doctor Who? Even just limiting to the reboot doctor/companions there are a LOT of characters to consider! I got to thinking about this today and had a lot of fun wondering what on earth the Doctor would wear, then realized that each regeneration would wear something different! I don't have nearly enough knowledge on BPAL to take a stab at it, but I'd love someone else's take on it!

Rose

Mickey

Jack

Martha

Donna

Amy

Rory

River

and we really should include Sarah Jane.

Edited by Tiada

Anyone want to take a stab at Doctor Who? Even just limiting to the reboot doctor/companions there are a LOT of characters to consider! I got to thinking about this today and had a lot of fun wondering what on earth the Doctor would wear, then realized that each regeneration would wear something different! I don't have nearly enough knowledge on BPAL to take a stab at it, but I'd love someone else's take on it!

Rose (I thought something

Mickey

Jack

Martha

Donna

Amy

Rory

River

Number 10: Bananas. It must be so.

Rose (I thought something

Mickey

Jack

Martha

Donna

Amy

Rory

River

Number 10: Bananas. It must be so.

Pahoehoe, perhaps? Grenadine, banana, and coconut rum.

All incarnations of the Doctor ought to have a somewhat whimsical scent. Nine should have leather.

I kind of want to relate Tristran and The East to the aesthetic of the show, too.

Oh I love Glee<3

Rachel: could use some Conjure Bag help! (Block Buster and Love me) but she wears something "pink" and sweet, like Alice or Vasilissa creamy skin musk and blushing pink musk with soft sandalwood, white amber, dutiful myrrh, and star jasmine.

Finn: ...hmmmm. Something relatively simple yet sort of attractive... Violens maybe? Rugged and understated: five sandalwoods, dusty leather, and light musk. throw in some football sweat and grass stains!

Quinn: Lady Macbeth The essence of ambition, covetousness and manipulation: sweet Bordeaux wine, blood red currant, thyme and wild berries. with a tad of Queen Gertrude Imperial violet softened by wisteria and chrysanthemum, but edged with the regal iciness of delphinium.

Brittany: High-strung daisies (Hairography episode!) Daisy, pink carnation, pink pepper, and sugar. oh and a bit of Pele, Goddess of Dance.

Santana: Intrigue! A sultry, exotic scent that inspires devious plotting and clandestine affairs. It is a scent painted in artifice, veiled in deceit, and slithering with whispered secrets. Black palm, with cocoa, fig and shadowy wooded notes. and yes, definitely add some Smut to that :lol:

Puck: maybe Himerus? The God of Sexual Desire, Longing and Yearning; an attendant of Eros and Aphrodite. A passion-rousing blend of juniper, sandalwood, rosewood, red musk, orchid, bergamot and lilac.

Pulp_Fiction_cover.jpg

I really love the movie "Pulp Fiction". Mia is the icon for femme-fatale style in my opininon. Here are my suggestions:

Lamia: "Deadly elegance: pale orchid, vanilla amber, black currant, white peach, champaca, coconut, Arabian myrrh, Burmese vetiver, and oude."

Vixen: "Lascivious, flirtatious, and vampy as hell. A true heartbreaker’s perfume. The innocence of orange blossom tainted by the beguiling scents of ginger and patchouli."

Wanda: "Wanda is the breathtakingly beautiful sable-wrapped marble queen of Sacher-Masoch's fantasies. Her scent is a deep red merlot with a faint hint of leather, sexual musk and body heat over crushed roses, violets and myrtle. "

Whip: "Agony and ecstasy: black leather and damp red rose."