Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TygherRayn

Follow Me Boy

A houdoun recipe dating back almost 150 years. This blend is favored by prostitutes, exotic dancers and others in the sex industry for its power to attract, seduce, and enthrall. Ensures financial gain and increased profits.

Now .. Jason's first thought when we opened the box and saw this one in out mix of imps was 'Why'd Beth give us that one?' Teasing him, I said 'Maybe she knows something we don't?' But after rereading the description, I feel better about her choice to add this one into our package.

Sweet. Lemony .. but a sugary lemony, at first sniff. The oil itself is a sunny lemon-yellow color. Sniffing again, it's almost like a light honey. Almost like honeyed dusting powder. Lovely. Slightly warm smelling for such a light, bright scent.

I put it on, and it seemed to even feel warm then. It's sweet, but not in the same way as Juju. Somewhat powdery. I can definitely see the sensuality in this oil. I imagine a 'woman of ill repute' dusting this on in powder form before stepping out of her boudoir in a low cut gown with a hip-high slit. she makes the good money, because the men she seduces can smell her coming a mile away, and they like what they smell.

In the vial: I get lemon and something really musky or -- no, no, no -- civety. And then I put just a little bit on...

On me: Instant dirty diaper. No lemon, no sweet, just... ugh.

*siiiigh*

In the vial: sweet, spring flowers

On: Still sweet, spring flowers, with a strong green note creeping in underneath, but in a good way. It reminds me of a sunny spring day, working in my flower garden, with the sweet scent of fresh cut grass floating on the breeze.

In the vial:  I get lemon and something really musky or -- no, no, no -- civety.  And then I put just a little bit on...

On me:  Instant dirty diaper.  No lemon, no sweet, just... ugh.

*siiiigh*

Ditto. The first BPAL I have ever had to scrub off just because I couldn't stand the smell.

Perhaps a message to not wear a love potion on a blind date I have high hopes for next week?

This was a gift from the Lab, which I've worn around Darling Husband over the last couple of days.

Apart from commenting that it smells nice, he's had no particular affinity for it -- which makes sense to me. DH could not be more devoted than he already is, and requires no olfactory cues.

In the wet oil, I'm picking up Southern florals: jasmine or lotus, honeysuckle, maybe some roses, maybe some licorice. It smells yummy to me, and the dry down is like sugared petals -- say, a white cake with edible flowers.

It also vaguely reminds me of the original Johnson's baby lotion formula, which my mother once told me was a sexy scent. And you can bet I changed the subject after that revelation.

This was a freebie, which was cool because I'd been wanting to try it.

In the bottle: Nope, I wasn't thrilled, because it was very strongly floral to me. jasmine, definately jasmine, which I like in a flower, but not on me.

But it morphed on my skin instantly to sweet powder, and yes I see both the sweet white cake imagery and the baby powder.

funny thing? I like it. the jasmine is softened by the powder smell--could that be a type of musk?

Now if it just does what it is supposed to do.... :P

Mmmmmm.....Follow Me Boy smells like lemon poundcake and jasmine! I did ask my BF for a read on the scent and he said "Nice." Not quite the reaction I was hoping for. But the night is still young.

It does make me feel sexy, though!

This as a scent totally did not work for me. I can't really tell what's in this or what is mixing so badly with my chemistry but... yikes! In terms of intent, I used this (both on me and as a candle dressing) during a generic Friday night love ritual and the energy raised was powerful. But it was more of a bitch-goddess energy than a romantic one. I'm sure that could have its uses :P but I will be very careful how I use this one.

I tried 'Follow Me Boy' yesterday... the very first BPAL scent I've ever gotten to try. So it was very exciting. Unfortunately, this oil went a bit powdery on me. My boyfriend said I smelled incense-y. So, hmm... lemony-incense-y baby powder. I will try it again, but I don't think it's going to be my favorite one.

follow me boy

at first: the lab tossed this in as an extra. this smells kind of sharp, and then kind of sweet, but it's definitely an herbal scent.

on: this reminds me of something, but i can't figure out what. like being on vacation with a bunch of kids and their parents on a humid summer day.

1 hour later: like a combination of sunscreen and insect spray...but in a good way, if that makes any sense. the smell of being outside on a humid afternoon in a forest preserve.

2 hours later: still the same as earlier. this really brings back memories of family vacations and picnics.

3 hours later: this is a little sweeter now, like the above scents, but while i'm eating some cheap ice cream with one of those flat little wooden spoons.

overall: i don't know how well this one will end up working, but i like the smell, just for the nostalgia. i'll probably end up getting another imp of this when i finish off this one.

This scent to me is sexy, i really enjoyed wearing it and i could not stop sniffing, i liked it from wet to dry, i smelled lemons, usually i don't like lemon scents and there was a light sweetness, a creamy butterey with a hint of some kind of nut,i like this because the lemon note to me wasn't in your face, now i wished that i've gotten a bigger bottle. :P

Edited by Larila

Weird, I'm not getting any lemon from Follow Me Boy, as so many others have. I get a very soft jasmine at first, then it seems to change to rose, a rose dipped in powdered sugar. It's really yummy smelling :D After about half an hour, it gets a little bit greener and after an hour the florals recede into the background and I get the aroma of softly spiced cake. This was a freebie from Beth&Co, thank you for letting me try it, I really love it :P

Edited by ChupaChup

A freebie with my last order! This isn't something I would have ordered, but now I'm so glad I have it.

I got the honey-lemon smell at first, then it develops that powdery note. I really like it though, and normally I don't like the powdery ones. My husband was completely unimpressed with it, but it makes me feel sexy and feminine.

Follow Me Boy turned into a very strange mix of strong grassy herbals mixed with a bit of powder on me. It was quite a potent scent with a lot of throw to it - I had about 4 different scents on my arms when I was first testing Follow Me Boy and I could definitely smell it the most. If it causes men to chase me, I'll definitely wear it often... but otherwise, I won't be wearing it because I think that it smells good on me.

Follow Me Boy

I apparently don't have problems with civet, if that's in here as some people said. I didn't get any nasty smells or weird chemistry changes from it. Follow Me Boy started out very sweet and pleasant and then dried down to powdery, floral sweetness. It was nice, but not overwhelming on my skin.

Follow me Boy from the vial a really strong floral. This is like an cross between Regan and # 20 Love oil. The drydown is really sweet and kind of powdery, no bottle of this but I will use up the imp. :P

Edited by Reinaluna

First sniff: I seem to be smelling honey in everything these days, and that stays true for Follow Me Boy. Honey and sweet flowers. It’s a deeper, warmer scent than that description makes it sound… there’s a hint of the warm-flushed-skin feel of O or La Petite Mort. If I were a boy I’d definitely be tempted to follow a lady (of the night or otherwise :P) who smelled like this.

Wearing: Hoooooooly cats. Wow. This is YUM. Sultry-sweet and warm and slinky and deserving of a two-syllable DAMN. The sort of scent I think I maybe shouldn't have put on just before leaving for work... I am so wearing this for my boy next time I see him.

You know, I think I finally got something that made up for the Play-doh disappintment of O. This is a very similar honey-warm-subtle scent, with no bad reactions, and just very...close. The kind of scent you have to be in personal-space to discover someone*s wearing. I like this quite a bit, and while I doubt I*ll wear it enough to get even a 5ml, I*ll certainly use up my imp!

No, no discernable reaction from boy. But then, how do you tell Follow Me Boy reaction from I*m Not Going To See You For Six Weeks reaction? :P

This was a freebie tossed in with my last order. I tend to avoid the Voodoo blends because I can't tell what is in them.

Follow Me Boy almost immediately turned powdery on my skin but had an undertone of sweetness. It was nice but did not particularly stand out.

After a couple of minutes, I had an extremely painful rash wherever I had applied the perfume. It was unbearable and I tried to wash it off. The red marks on my skin remained along with a faint powdery scent.

I have NEVER had this reaction with any BPAL blend and it was very disconcerting. I wish I knew what ingredient caused this reaction so I could avoid it in the future.

I ordered an imp with my last order, and the lab threw in an extra imp of it. I wondered if they were trying to tell me something...? A new career in the sex industry, perhaps?

I was expecting something much more seductive and musky, which this definitely is not. My first impression was, "It's Hana!" I used to wear that Aveda scent in the summer, but gave it up because it faded so quickly. Follow Me Boy has a similar mix of warm yet bright florals. It is a nice, happy scent, but it never seemed to merge with my chemistry. It always seemed to sit on top of my skin, instead of adapting and reacting to my body chemistry. In that way, it's one of the few BPALs I've tried that smell nearly the same on skin as they do in the vial.

I like this one, but don't love it. I tend to only wear ones I love on dates, so I can't say yet whether or not it lives up to its promise. I'll have to wear it around a large group of men at some point and see what happens!

There is something in Follow Me Boy that just doesn't agree with my system... Smells like a lovely, intense floral at first whiff, then there's this kind of dirty note, the olfactory equivalent of a bad aftertaste. Kind of like someone who hasn't showered in a while has tried to mask the fact with a lot of heavy perfume. So I never officially tried this one out on the DH. It didn't seem appropriate, given that I wasn't crazy about it and he just had this big blood pressure/heart murmur diagnosis he is still freaked out about. Somnus is more our speed right now! :P

I really really really wanted to love this one and it started out lovely, a creamy warm jasmine smell that was just stunning, a nice touch of that voodoo blend trademark herbal underneath the whole thing. Sadly this took about fifteen minutes to turn to sheer baby powder on my skin. While I love baby powder, it's not really a good scent for the image this was conjuring in my mind. Off to swaps sadly.

Well, I am apparently the odd duck here, but I love Follow Me Boy!

It is a very warm scent on me, that surprisingly manages to be bold and soft at the same time. It is powdery, incensey, fruity, floral, delicious!

I spent all morning trying to identify the fruity and floral notes. I could detect some rose and maybe some red fruit, but it was not berries... and then it hit me: Follow me Boy on me smells exactly like Persephone with some incense added. Since Persephone is one of my favourite BPALs, no wonder I like Follow me Boy so much.

I really love this. It made me feel energized and confident from the very minute I applied it. I never thought I would fall in love with a Voodoo blend (since I see them as being primarily for ritual purposes), but this one goes straight on my 5ml list :P

In bottle: Eeeew. Stinky florals. I can tell already this isn' going to work.

On me: Crap. When I opened the imp this splashed all over my face, and my lips and eyelids are BURNING. Excuse me while I wash up.

Thank goodness that didn't get in my eyes!

Carrying on, I'm guessing there's some frangipani or jasmine in this. None of the lemon others have mentioned....the scent improved dramtically from bottle to skin but there are too many objectionable florals for this to work. Lotus, magnolia, maybe honeysuckle? That would be my stab at its elements.