Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TygherRayn

Follow Me Boy

A houdoun recipe dating back almost 150 years. This blend is favored by prostitutes, exotic dancers and others in the sex industry for its power to attract, seduce, and enthral. Ensures financial gain and increased profits.

This smells like a gorgeous floral in the vial, perhaps jasmine and other sweet flowers, because it smells just lovely. On my skin, it’s still a lovely floral, though it becomes a bit darker but the delicious jasmine top note is still there, though there may be a touch of citrus behind it. After a few hours this is still lovely and strong, though it’s less dark and more rounded. It’s quite pretty – I’m not sure if it helps attract, seduce and enthral, but it’s just sweet and lovely. Edited by Shollin

At first I really could not place what the note was - it was something I could not place in any other blend. Now that it has dried, it does smell like something dark, in the same quality as the myrrh in Masabakes or Lust, but different. I am not sure what it is.

The smell is not unpleasant, and I would definitely tolerate it when I use it. It is just not a smell I would expect of a perfume.

I love this. Its a warming scent that reminds me of being snuggled up in bed listening to the rain outside. Is slightly powdery on me but I still like this.

In the imp - warm, sweet and lightly fruity.

Wet on skin - gets warmer and sweeter with fruit rounding out and almost disappearing into the melange.

Dry on skin - Just keeps on getting warmer, richer and more sensual.

Later - Pretty much more of the same - warm, rich, yummy and this one is definitely a keeper.

bottle: florals...maybe some honey or vanilla.

skin: lavender, honey, lilac. i can really smell the honey but it's not the 'OH GOD HONEY' in eve or o. a pleasant honey. blends very well with the florals. i initially did not really care for this scent but i am glad i kept it. it's nice.

Follow Me Boy-

In Bottle: Soft powder and lemon.

Wet: Again, powdery. Kind of lemon-powdery; it's a little geriatric-smelling. Already I'm not thrilled.

Dry: *whimper* Doesn't work. A little plasticky. Like the scents in a baby's room that cover up the smells you don't want.

Overall: Noxious on me.

Wow, this is an old fashioned scent. It really does smell like a 150 year old recipe. After all it smells like the sort of scents most powders and what not were based on for decades. I got an imp of it in one of my orders and tried it out. Powdery floral, lotions and musks... hmmm. It has a jasmine/citrus thing going on as well. I like it a lot, but I let my mom try it and BOOM. Wow... it smelled great on her. On me it's much fresher and a little less directly sexy, more of a clean showery scent. I actually like it quite a lot, in fact this is about the best clean powder/musk scent I've tried. I think I'll have to order a bottle for each of us!

When first on: Ew. I don't know what's in this, but I don't like it. Earthy, some patchouli, but it smells like patchouli that's soured. Ew. I don't know what's in this, but I don't like it. Earthy, some patchouli, but it smells like patchouli that's soured.

Dried: An older smelling patchouli. Much better.

In the imp, Follow Me Boy smells like jasmine, and once it hits my skin, it is similarly jasmine, but in a good sort of way. There is also a slightly herbal smell; maybe lavendar? There is also something in the blend that gives it a slight powdery quality after a bit -- maybe a light amber or pale musk? But the jasmine-herb-powder smell is really very nice and pretty; and it lasts. I put it on my wrist at 9 p.m. and it's very present about 10 hours later! (Why do I write reviews at 7 a.m.? Can anyone tell me that?) Anyway, as to its efficacy, I haven't worn it out in public, but I'm sure that any male who's roused by jasmine would love this scent. :P

ETA: I layered FMB under some Siren (very compatable scents) and went forth into my day. It has its effects, because I left home feeling rather growly and not at all pretty, and I've had an inordinate number of people tell me that I look great, or that there's just something about me today... :D

Edited by valentina

Oooh, my first ever review :P

In vial: Very floral, almost a honeysuckle, with a hint of baby powder (in a good way, like clean an powdery).

Wet: Night-blooming jasmine almost... with still a bit of baby powder. But a bit strong. I can smell my wrist from my keyboard.

Dry: Baby powder. A jasmine-scented baby powder.

I'm not sure on this one. I think it's going up for sale, it's just too baby powder for me.

In the bottle: This reminds me of a creamy rose overtop some of the notes in Van Van. It is zingy with an almost powdery finish.

Wet: If that is rose, it is not an overbearing one. There is a citrusy note in there, perhaps lemongrass.

Drying down: This scent is compelling: floral and citrusy with a sweet, creamy smoothness.

Dry: This has drawn me back to it like Van Van did when I first tried it. Just a touch on my fingers haunted me until I gave in and tried it on. Drying has smoothed it out.

Later: This is sexy like Maiden. I put it on shortly before bedtime, but then bedtime was delayed by playfulness in bed with my husband. This is fun!

I don't know if I like what I smell in the vial...I don't really get any of the elements that people are describing..to me it just smells like a baby wipe or something?

Well, let's try this on and see what happens!

On, I can't even begin to describe what I smell..

Sweet...creamy..powdery...but there's something else that is showing up that's ruining this.

Lavender? Maybe the jasmine that other people are describing?

It's too bad because before it started to dry down it was actually very very sexy to me, and I was enjoying it.

This reacts VERY poorly with my skin, and honestly the smell makes me want to gag, and I can't imagine ANY boy wanting to follow me with this on - not even my husband :P

I really like this one and my boyfriend likes it on me too. He said that it wasn't really a beautiful scent, but a interesting and sexy one, the kind of scent he had to sniff for a few times. For me it did work and it made me feel sexy. I'm thinking if I should buy 5ml for special occasions, but I'm not sure yet. Follow me boy isn't something I could wear often, but it's nice anyway.

Unlike lots of other people, I'm not getting any lemon or baby powder from this at all. On me, it's warm and slightly sweet and spicy and incensey and makes me feel like I smell damn good. :D Follow Me Boy loves me, and the feeling is mutual. I will be getting a bottle of this in the future. :P

In the vial:

:P What IS that?!

On me:

Where other people are getting lemon, I am getting dirty diaper smell. It is positively hideous. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who is getting this unfortunate reaction to this scent. I really wanted lemony goodness.

Final note:

Is that civet? I have no idea, it's awful though.

I tried this once before without reviewing it, and had the same first reaction: "I don’t like it!" A moment later, that passes, but there is a blast of some too-heavy floral at the beginning that makes me immediately quail.

After a couple seconds pass, this becomes a rich, flowing, imperious blend of flower, resin, and musk. It’s a dark orange scent to me, but I don’t mean that it smells like oranges. Something about it seems very physical, not in the sense of a shove, but in the sense of secretions and hormones. Considering its stated purpose, I note that I don’t find it sexually appealing in the slightest -- but this is supposed to affect the audience, not the wearer, so... I dunno.

As a scent, it doesn’t do anything for me, but I suppose the proper way to test this one would be to try it on human guinea pigs. I refuse to post the results of any laboratory tests, though, so... yeah, that’s it for this review.

Follow Me Boy, right over to that ylang-ylang plant....

This is one of the more accessible Voodoo blends. Definitely wearable as a perfume. Light floral with roasted grain undertone.

This scent is one of my favorites, it's a gorgeous floral scent, however it smells exactly like baby powder. Now, I like the smell of baby powder, so that's not a problem. I can definetely pick out jasmine, rose, maybe magnolia or gardenia, and lily, along with other notes I can't discern. There's also a rich vanilla scent in there underneath it all. As for the voodoo properties I'm not so sure that guys like the scent of baby powder too much, but girls always compliment me when I wear it, and want to try it on. All in all, this is one of my favorites, clean, powdery, and simple. Smells like you just stepped out of a shower. Top ten!

In bottle: Eeeew. Stinky florals. I can tell already this isn' going to work.

On me: Crap. When I opened the imp this splashed all over my face, and my lips and eyelids are BURNING. Excuse me while I wash up.

Thank goodness that didn't get in my eyes!

Carrying on, I'm guessing there's some frangipani or jasmine in this. None of the lemon others have mentioned....the scent improved dramtically from bottle to skin but there are too many objectionable florals for this to work. Lotus, magnolia, maybe honeysuckle? That would be my stab at its elements.

I had pretty much the same reaction - ewww "old lady perfume"

I tried it anyway though since I've had scents totally reek while wet and mellow so lovely and really blossum on me that I just went for it.

after a while - it's just to powdery for me - but not awful.

jasmine, enveloped in something sweet and powdery -- kind of like marshmallows! one of the best jasmine blends i’ve tried – really heavenly.

Well I'm going back and forth between lemony fresh and floral/powder. Very interesting blend. I think I smell honeysuckle, jasmine, magnolia and ylang-ylang. As it fades (several hours - this blend holds its own) some light musk comes out.

I don't think this would be a bottle for me, but we'll see later on when I meet up with my honey.

After spending so much time with my nose pressed to Black Annis tonight, I'm almost positive that Follow Me Boy has civet in it. And I'm not sure I'm rocking the civet, at all. Like Black Annis, it amps to the nth degree -- I don't think I'd mind civet so much if it would take a back seat to other elements in the scent.

I also smell jasmine, too, which normally I like, but also amps right up on me. I'll have to wear this one day to give it a try, but I'm not sure I actually -like- it.

Right! The first voodoo blend I've tried and quite an interesting one.

Wet: Heady, almost overwhelming jasmine/honeysuckle. I suspect this might be super-strong to mask something less pleasant, like civet. When I first dabbed this on my wrists there was a slightly sour vomit-y note to it that had me worried, but that faded almost immediately.

Drydown: Pure jasmine. Whatever the slightly sour and/or civet-y notes there were in here, they've vanished into the flowers. There's a slightly different sweetness to this as well, like sugar, that lingers in the background.

After a few hours: Ooh, interesting! As this fades the jasmine starts to disappear and I get this cool grass-y, musky scent. Totally different from what it smelled like before.

As stated, this is really very jasmine-y, which makes me happy but might not be everyone's thing. Also my skin tends to amplify sweetness, which might help this one. I don't know if I'll buy a bottle, but I'm keeping the imp.

Imp: Tangy and powdery. Huh. I was expecting something more floral.

Wet: A muskier version of the above. I can't pick anything out, but it's tangy and alluring, along with a womanly powder feel.

Dry: All the same, but maybe a little bit more "green".

Final Thoughts: The boy was not AT ALL allured by this one, in fact was put off of it. I asked him later and he changed his mind to "nice". I'm not sure that means, but I don't think it suites me. C'est la vie.

Sweet floral, jasmine or lotus, in the bottle: powdery, warm, creamy. Very nice.

Oh, oh, wow. This is instasex. I have absolutely no doubt that this would work as advertised: it's powerfully sexy and powerfully female. The undertone is rich and fleshy.

Also, sweetly floral. There may be roses involved.

There's also a sweetness, almost cake-like, about it. I really like this a lot, and that's saying something. Most florals leave me cold.

I am not getting the lemon note others have noticed in this, which is probably a good thing.