Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TygherRayn

Follow Me Boy

A houdoun recipe dating back almost 150 years. This blend is favored by prostitutes, exotic dancers and others in the sex industry for its power to attract, seduce, and enthrall. Ensures financial gain and increased profits.

Creamy.
Sweet. VERY sweet.

Like cotton candy in a bottle. Edited by Shollin

While on vacation in New Orleans last year I picked up a dram of (very effective) love oil from a voodoo shop. To my nose, Follow Me Boy smells almost identical to that oil: rose, lavender, and a touch of lemon. Fresh, herbal, floral, and soapy. I can understand how this would have been effective in a time before indoor pumbing. When I walk into a room wearing Follow Me Boy, people either ask what is that smell or what smells so good? It will turn heads, and you'll either love it or hate it. The same goes for the people around you.

Personally, I love it, and aspire to have a 5ml soon.

I got this one as a frimp, and I'm still not sure what I think of it. It's a very strong floral, aggressive and pushy. It's got the same flowers as Mme deMerteuil to me, and I love those flowers--they're sophisticated and womanly, assertive without being noxious. These were the first flowers I enjoyed in a perfume, and I still love them. On the other hand, there's something in here that's bothering me. It doesn't jive with something hard-wired in my brain, like some basic impulse is being offended by it. Basically, it smells like "the other woman." It's got this sharp, tangy smell in it, and not in a good way. Whenever I've smelt this smell before, I've referred to it (at least mentally) as "stank-----", the smell of a loose woman who's made her way around the room and come back to her chair reeking of unwashed body and feminine arousal.

I can see how this would affect men, I think: it's flirty, feminine, and deeply sexual on a primal level. However, it doesn't replicate my own body's pheremones closely enough for me to feel empowered by it--I just want to growl and bite the heels of the other female trying to take what's mine. I'll try it later, at a different point in my cycle, but if it doesn't work, it's off to a friend.

Jasmine, toffee and lemon pound cake--with cream! ...and its really really interesting how differently everyone reacts to this one.

Think it may have something to do with where you are in your cycle...cause I can just bet that if I had this on during the "go away, ya bother me" phase of my cycle, I wouldn't want this in my nose...

But since I am currently more than willing to have a boy follow me...it smells AMAZINg....and make me grin in a very very wicked (and more than usually confident) way.

This one did not agree with me...

In the vial it smelled generic old lady perfume to me *ducks and runs*

on me, it went totally powdery. Guys seemed to like it....all of them except the boyfriend.

So yeah...dont think this one is for me.

Like everyone else said, this was very powdery. A lot of scents will turn to powder on me, and I'll think, "Hmm, something like a light dusting of perfumed powder on my skin," but this one actually made me think of baby powder, lots of it, dumped on my skin. I don't actually think this is a bad scent, although I don't enjoy it. I'm sure other people would. There's some sickly florals in the powder, and I think in the beginning, since people mentioned it, I can detect some lemon (a very perfumey type of lemon). At the end, there might be some jasmine, because there's something in the floral powder that I really do not like. This might've worked, because when I went to make copies and buy candy bars, there was some change left in the machines. However, I'd worn this several times, meaning to review this, without any extra money, so I wouldn't say that it worked on me.

Creamy lemon blossoms. I wish I smelled the pound cake, and a little bit more cream than blossom, but that's how it is. I think I like this one enough to keep it around for some more testing, so that's good news. I also, by the by, kind of wish I got cotton candy in a bottle from this one. Hah, how silly is that? My skin may be amping up one of the florals, so I'm going to have to see how this works out for me. Got this one as a frimp from the lab with my first order, which is much appreciated.

This is odd. Upon my first sniff from the imp, I got an overwhelming baby powder smell, and some sort of floral. The next day I sniffed it, and I smelled just the floral.

Upon actually trying it, I smell that floral smell again. It's so familiar, but I can't put my finger on...oh. Uh oh. I recognize it now: dragon's blood. The dreaded dragon's blood. Obviously, that will overpower and it'll be all I smell.

Or not. The more it sits, the more I get baby powder again. Wow. So like, powdery, floral dragon's blood. I don't think I like this, so much so that I don't feel like using it for its voodoo-ness. Off to the swaps!

In the bottle: A little Johnson's Baby Lotion, a little lemony incense.

Wet: A sharper lemon, backed by subtle florals.

Drydown: Powdery lemon surrounded by Southern flowers.

Overall, this one's yummy. Usually I don't like citrus scents but this one's really doing it for me. Bottle, please!

Whoa.

A big ol' yellow jasmine flower just walked in and punched me in the face.

Then it baked me a big ol' lemon pound cake to apologize. A big lemon pound cake with jasmine flowers on top, and a burnt herb bottom.

My whole HOUSE smells like jasmine after that little dab punched me!

I don't know if I like the scent or not... it's half lovely and half headache inducing. I'm really not used to such strong florals! I'll have to try it out again and ponder.

Follow Me Boy

I'd say Dragon's blood but the oil is yellow, not red. It's a soapy/rottening jasmine/lily floral with spice, pretty much like Dragon's blood on my skin or at least as nauseating (I can't stand Dragon's blood). Follow me boy is more floral though, and for that reason soapier and sharper, especially in the drydown. Strong and sweet and artificial in a sickening way, especially with the added soapy sharpness.

I doubt soap will make boys follow me, unless they're really big fans of cleanliness, but since I'm not a sex worker and not particularly fond of the idea of having a trail of men following me around I'm fine with that.

i get a jasmine (or honeysuckle)-rose-baby powder smell from this one, which isn't exactly up my alley. it reminds me of something i can't put my finger on, like i've smelled it before. i like rose but am not a big fan of the other notes, so i am swapping this one.

i didn't test in public to see if any boys followed me though :P

Follow Me Boy has turned out to be one of my very favorite scents. To me, it smells like... powdered sugar, maybe a little vanilla, a little lemon. It's very creamy-sweet and, yes, powdery, and very Southern to my way of thinking. Like a perfumed powder a Southern belle would dust on for hot summer days. Since I'm a Mississippi girl myself, it's great for me, one of those oils I can tell is good because I keep sniffing the air when I wear it.

Also, it has the best name ever.

In the bottle: Sharp, sweet syrupy, did not like it but some of it spilled on my finger so I decided to give it a go.

Wet: It's familiar, it's nice, it's my grandmother doing a birthday ritual. It smells like 7ghost oil and dried flower ritual bath. So now I smell like a walking creole ritual.

Dry: Very very nice! Sexy, gentle, feminine and tropical. Like a moist summer night of making out between the jasmine trees, lemon growing at a distance and someone performing a ritual far, far away.

Initially : Did not like the sharp citrus with powder scent

Wearing on skin: Too sharp and citrus to start with. Smelled like cat pee a little because of the sharp citrus scent BUT after about an hour the scent totally changed and became sweeter and sultry. Still heavy, but in a pleasant way. Not an absolute favorite, but I do wear it in a scent locket and enjoy it quite enough. I would order it again as an imp for sure.

In the imp: was the imp accidentally filled with baby oil?

Wet on skin: creamy, silky, slightly-soapy baby oil

Dry on skin: Creamy, slightly vanilla-y, clean scent. Vaguely herbal. Soap-like, in the "clean" sense.

Overall: 6/10 for scent - herbally vanilla soap's nice, but not an everyday scent for me.

Effect: 9/10. The interns were following me like they were ducklings and I was the extremely good smelling mama duck, and were following way too closely. Granted, it wasn't a "I want to follow you home and take you in a manly way" sort of following, but still. Other guys on our floor also responded. And I got a free lunch! That's almost financially prosperous :P

I’m just trying this for the scent as I’m not in a position right now to try it for it’s intent (currently alone at home gardening and doing laundry) but I’d like to try it for it’s purpose sometime.

God, how to describe this…powder. Baby powder. There’s something there too that's a bit sickly and cloying. Man this is strong! The florals in the background are hard to identify, buried beneath the powder or mineral oil scent. I do not like this scent at all. I cannot believe this blend would attract, seduce or enthrall nor that it would bring increased financial gain and profits. This is not good scent on me. After wearing it for a while it didn’t improve – damn chemistry. Maybe it’s a time of month thing. I sure wish I got the creamy vanilla that some have described. Ah well - there's lots of BPAL out there that I adore so it's just as well. It was great to try this just the same.

Light lemon sugar cookie. This sneaks up on you and grabs hold. There is some faint floral aroma to this but I am not sure what it is. I rather like this scent. Wonderful!

Follow me boy upon my skin smells almost akin to the Lady of Shallot, almost word for word except that it's less sharp so it doesn't give me a headache. Abit it's still kind of eh for me, so I don't think I'll be keeping it around that long. There smells to be lily and lemon in there but that's as much as my nose can pick out.

Blimey. :P

Follow Me Boy is the scent equivalent of going out in a low-cut top and fuck-me heels. You don't know if it's really you, they don't know if it's really you, but damn, it'll catch their attention.

This is sweet - sugary vanilla, then baby powdery vanilla, like Snake Oil without the spices (NB I love powdery notes), with a throw that you could detect from the other end of a sweaty tube carriage. It reminds me of French Love - I adored that scent, but there was something in it that gave me a headache that this blend doesn't have. It's not my usual type at all (I'm more a resins and musk lass), but there's something about this that makes me swing my hips, lick my lips and hold my head high, and that makes me think this might just turn into a 5ml.

Just don't tell my husband :D

Hmmm. An odd scent. I'm not sure how to describe it. It starts out smelling kind of floral and herbal. Green, but not sharp. It's not unpleasant, but it doesn't seem particularly enticing to me. After a while it starts to smell a little milky and floral -- kind of like sour milk. Still an odd scent. I wouldn't wear this as perfume.

In the beginning is was sort of citrus baby powder...not to my liking at all! Citrus replaced by a sharp floral as time goes on but it's still not a scent I like very much. Certainly not the sugary vanilla cake that some are mentioning...though I wish it was!

i can't even tell you how much i love this one. this is an extremely nostalgic scent for me because it smells EXACTLY like a voodoo oil called "mi hombre" that i used to get at abe schwab's on beale street in memphis. :P

i can't think of a better description than that... i cannot pick out notes or anything. it just smells like *real* voodoo oil. and i love it. :D

Follow Me Boy - Anyone who knows me knows that BPAL jasmine and I don't go well together at all. When I first sniffed the oil in the vial, I could immediately tell it was jasmine, but it didn't seem as offensive as most BPAL jasmines do, so I figured I'd try it and see how it worked on me. I put some on my skin, and again, was fully aware that what I was smelling was jasmine, but it wasn't overpowering and heady like almost all other BPAL jasmines are on me. In fact, it was sweet and pretty and reminded me of the scent of real jasmine in a really delightful way. This oil is very sexy and has got some phenomenal throw and next time I wear it, I'll put on significantly less oil. As it dries down, something slightly herbal and grassy stands out, and it gains a soft powdery aspect, but not in a bad way -- more in a soft, sexy, white floral way. Now, for the voodoo power of this stuff -- holy moly, I don't have a clue what affect it will have on my husband when he smells it, but man, is it ever having a crazy affect on me. I instantly felt myself feeling slightly euphoric, and the only reason I can think of was because of this oil. Nothing else had changed in recent hours. One of my first thoughts was, "Who WOULDN'T want to do me when I'm wearing this?!" I never thought I'd buy a full size bottle of any BPAL scent that has jasmine in it, but I'm putting this on my list of bottles to buy. This is just way too soft and sexy to pass up. I could easily see this being renamed "Come Hither." Daaaamn, this is GOOD! God, is it ever sexy. Damn.