Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TygherRayn

Follow Me Boy

A houdoun recipe dating back almost 150 years. This blend is favored by prostitutes, exotic dancers and others in the sex industry for its power to attract, seduce, and enthrall. Ensures financial gain and increased profits.

Jasmine and a side of honeysuckle. Maybe a little vanilla, maybe a little gardenia. One or more of them leans toward soap on me.

Nothing here draws me in.

Edited by Casablanca

Edited a year later, when I have smelled a lot more and have a lot better idea of what works on me and what doesn't. Follow Me Boy is a long-lasting dirty floral on me. Jasmine, definitely jasmine, indolic when wet, and jasmine more often than not does not work on me. If jasmine is good on you, this is gorgeous, particularly on a hot humid summer night, when you're wearing as little as socially acceptable.

Edited by Lucchesa

In the imp: A sweet floral, possibly sweetened with vanilla, and some soft spices.

Wet: Dragon's blood, is that you? I'm getting a cherry-floral vibe from this, along with some vanilla. But dragon's blood isn't usually my friend, and this actually smells quite pleasant on me.

Dry: Okay, I don't think this is actually dragon's blood. If it is dragon's blood, I'm surprised, because it has never behaved this well on me. I think this may contain a sweet variety of jasmine that seems to cooperate with my skin. I also think I'm getting some honeysuckle in this, which would explain why I'm enjoying this. I'm a slut for honeysuckle. I'm also wondering if there's some musk in this.

After it has been dry for a while, it is much sweeter, and has a creamy, but powdery vibe to it. Now I'm thinking sweet jasmine and/or gardenia with some vanilla or something vanilla-like, and a touch of something softly lemon? I like it, but my boyfriend is getting that indolic vibe from this and isn't a fan.

Verdict: I tried this a few years ago, and I thought it was decent then, but this has aged marvelously. I'm going to hold onto my imp for the scent (as I can't attest to the scent's intended purpose).

In the imp: A slightly soapy floral, possibly jasmine or gardenia, with some type of grounding note like sandalwood or patchouli (but not necessarily those). 

On my skin:

Spice and a very sweet flower, like wisteria or honeysuckle. As it dries, it's a bit of soap and spice and sweetness and soft wood. The skin on my arm also gets tingly and irritated, common with me and cinnamon, clove, and ginger -- but known to happen with other notes as well. Given time to warm and develop, the soap note fades to a gentle powder that could be amber or myrrh; the other notes make it difficult to discern. The floral comes back as well, jasmine, I think. 

Over time, the powder fades a bit, and the jasmine becomes stronger. Jasmine-dominant scents are just not my kind of people. 

In the bottle: Hello civet! and shades of dirty diaper with honey and florals...

On: Whew! <3 Civet goes away and so do the diapers..... a honey, creamy-ish floral with a whisper of citrus that leaves a trail for others to follow as it beckons..... 

I can see how this works... 

In the imp: Blegh, poopy diapers and baby wipes!

Wet on the skin: dirty diapers and baby wipes

Dry on the skin: baby wipes

After an hour: baby wipes and something floral - jasmine, honeysuckle combination.

Verdict: not for me. Definitely not the first hour, and when it gets better, it's still not great. Not my scent, made me a little nauseous at the beginning even.

Wow!  Fecal.  I get looooots of fecal.  O_O  Weird.  I very rarely get that from anything but oud, and this is different.  Less manure, more ... yeah, dirty diapers.  :sick:   I see civet mentioned as the culprit, but I like civet, and that's not what I'm getting here.  I'm blaming this funk on the florals.  Something heavy and VERY indolant.  Definately some jasmine, but that's honestly all that cuts through the poop.  Yeeeeesh.  Maybe my nose is broken right now, but I don't think this is one's for me.  

In the Imp: Smelled like powdered sugar to me on first sniff. A little floral too, perhaps rose?

On Me: I think the smell gets better once dried down, this was a grower scent for me. More of the sweet, lemony scent is coming out and the powdery floral is dying down a bit. I spilled a tiny bit closing the imp, so now the tips of my fingers smell like I've been baking lemon cookies and then did a load of laundry. Very pleasant and comforting, I could see myself wearing this to bed. It's definitely not a scent that's overpowering, I personally think a little goes a long way with this one. Wish I could comment on if boys follow me due to this scent, maybe if there wasn't a pandemic I could try this out and report back. :tongue: Glad to have tried this, I think this is going to be one of my first bottle purchases. So happy that my first BPAL scent was a success and didn't smell weird on me!!

This is 100% aldehyde, baby powder on me.  Big throw, long lasting, 100% aldehyde. It's totally out of my wheelhouse.  And I keep it because once a year, for a week, I have to do a huge networking and sales event, outdoors.  I wear this scent.

Wow this is gorgeous. When first applied it is straight up indolic, heavy jasmine. It’s on the very edge of being too strong but pretty soon the other notes start arriving. I get a light lemon,and traditional baby lotion along with the jasmine that temper it a bit. Then the jasmine actually begins to smell like paperwhites. If you haven’t smelled those before they remind me of a stronger daffodil. It’s really lovely- very springlike to me. After almost an hour of wear I’m getting A LOT of sweet lemon/ vanilla.

It’s definitely a heady fragrance and being from the Southern U. S. it also smells very familiar… like sitting on the porch on a warm Spring day smelling all of the flowers blooming with the soft honey scent of pollen floating around. 💕

Edited by catwoman30